Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

F8, ISO200 and shutter speed of 1/200 indoors in medium light sounds..  DARK. even when cranking up the exposure in pp of the RAW.

at least with my version 18-55 kit lens.

Jupp, inside you'd definitely need a good external flash - maybe even with a slave, just as I wrote. The Canon 430 Ex would be a good choice as the reflector adapts automatically to the current focal length (and even adjusts for the crop factor). In your original post you wrote about possibly shooting outside, tho - with enough sunshine you'd be quite fine with the kit lens.

Quote[/b] ]I've orderd the Tamron 28-75mm 2,8. I've heard mostly good things about it on the canon forums. =)

I'd rather have gone for the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 - it's cheap, really sharp, and 28mm on a 1.6 crop camera is (imho) just a bit lacking (equal to 44mm - almost no wide angle! ). The 17-50 on the other hand equals a 27-80mm lens, which is just perfect for a good alround lens (indoors and outside).

ah what is wide enough really depends on what you intend to shoot. In the near future im planning on taking a lot of portrait shots, and do not need such a wide lens for that.  Being the amature that i am, this felt as a good step from the kit lens for me =D

This thread discusses the 28-75mm and people generally seem very happy with it. Granted most of them have other crop sizes as many have 30Ds and 5Ds but one can find quite a few shot withh 350/400 as well = )

Quote[/b] ]The Tamron 28-75 is the lens I use the most by far. F2.8 makes for nice blurred background, it's great optical quality, and the zoom is very helpful

People seem to think that it has great value and is very very sharp. obviously being a fairly cheap lens, it has its downsides, such as that focusing isnt as good as an expensive canon with USM etc =)

ah what is wide enough really depends on what you intend to shoot. In the near future im planning on taking a lot of portrait shots, and do not need such a wide lens for that. Being the amature that i am, this felt as a good step from the kit lens for me =D

Well, if you're happy with that zoom range, then I'm sure it's a fine lens! smile_o.gif

I was under the impression you were looking for a replacement for the kit lens. For portraits 50mm and up can be very useful, so the longer zoom range will definitely help keeping a distance to your subjects. Just wanted to make you aware of the problems you get inside where there's often little or no room to get far away for group pictures, etc.

Just to contribute with pictures, too:

JB20070415_047.jpg

JB20070407_032.jpg

I went to Australia for a week on another tour. It was pretty busy, but I managed to squeeze in a bit of photography (and 24 episodes of Star Trek 'Enterprise'... yes I am a nerd).

Perth

_GEE9549-copy.jpg

_GEE9560-copy.jpg

Melbourne

_GEE9763-copy.jpg

_GEE9761-2-copy.jpg

_GEE9735-copy.jpg

OVENS Oberon Class submarine at the Maritime Museum in Perth

_GEE9636-copy.jpg

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

_GEE9653-copy.jpg

_GEE9651-copy.jpg

_GEE9688-copy.jpg

My friend found this walking across a car park in downtown Auckland. I took him back to my lair for some photographic experiments before releasing him into our garden...

_GEE0314-copy.jpg

_GEE0301-copy.jpg

_GEE0289-copy.jpg

_GEE0275-copy.jpg

_GEE0263-copy.jpg

As always, unbelievable shots killagee. I especially love that second Ferris wheel photo.

Thanks Tovarish smile_o.gif

I had a very difficult lo-light shoot at a gig where there was only really 4 flights, and three of them were red sad_o.gif

I got a few though. Its times like these I wish i could use above ISO 800 with my nikon sad_o.gif

_DSC2710-copy.jpg

_DSC2500-copy.jpg

_DSC2418-copy.jpg

_DSC2385-copy.jpg

_DSC2717-copy.jpg

I went out to try out my new zoom lens today... OMFG its awesome!

Its a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR with 1.7x Teleconverter smile_o.gif

_GEE0398-copy.jpg

_GEE0391-copy.jpg

_GEE0364-copy.jpg

_GEE0458-copy.jpg

_GEE0471-copy.jpg

Are there any adverse effects from using the Teleconvertor? I heard you lose a lot of light with one smile_o.gif

Are there any adverse effects from using the Teleconvertor? I heard you lose a lot of light with one smile_o.gif

The Nikon 70-200 VR 2,8 mounted on an 1,7x converter would leave the largest aperture availible aperature to be f/4,8 smile_o.gif

Yeah that 2 stops is the only adverse effect, but the autofocus is still very quick... And the VR gives an ability to make up 3 stops handheld, which is the main reason I got the lens... Now I can take handheld shots of Aeroplanes at 370mm 1/250 sec to get rotor/prop blur without camera shake... Yippee!

I have just realised that while I am in the UK next month I can attend the Duxford Flying Legends Show as well as RIAT smile_o.gif Hooray!

I have just realised that while I am in the UK next month I can attend the Duxford Flying Legends Show as well as RIAT smile_o.gif Hooray!

I'll be at both of those too, if I see you I'll make sure to steal your equipment and skills. tounge2.gif

My car:

ed1cb638.jpg

I'll be at both of those too, if I see you I'll make sure to steal your equipment and skills. tounge2.gif

Not if I get them first! tounge2.gif

[Edit]We should arrange to meet somewhere, would be a shame for people to be there and to miss each other just because a few mins of effort werent put into organising it. smile_o.gif [/Edit]

OT: That seawater will do your car no good you know tounge2.gif

Nice pics killagee, we've got an old Oberon docked up outside work. smile_o.gif

Wow, sniperuk02, in your profile it says you're seventeen, and you have your own car. And I'm sure you have also a driver's licence for it (in my country before 18 ,,, nono). Now I'm waiting on a picture of your beautiful house (along with your beautiful wife and your beutiful kids infront of it) ... tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

I'm learning to drive. But it is my car. tounge2.gif

And the house I live in is pretty crappy. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]We should arrange to meet somewhere, would be a shame for people to be there and to miss each other just because a few mins of effort werent put into organising it

If you do arrange a meeting I'll come say hello...and steal killages camera.

So one day I stepped out of the hangar and walked into this ghastly thing.

pooch1.jpg

pooch2.jpg

Was told later one some poor guy got this as a gift from his wife, awfull, probably just wanted a pair of wooly socks sad_o.gif I can really feel his pain!

A loving wife would have gotten him something like this!

uglyness.jpg

This thing makes Tom Cruise regret he ever got that second P-51 instead of this brute of a machine! biggrin_o.gif

PanglaoSunset_s.jpg

Taken on Tuesday in Panglao Island Bohol Philippines not by me but by my mate who is doing some building work for me, but you're not gonna want to see any of those!

Hmm! Or Maybe...

scafold_sunset.jpg

biggrin_o.gif