Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

I really enjoyed George Bush picture in Iraqi model biggrin_o.gif It's quite funny.

But AT rockets has totally unstable flight, even if you are straight to tank.

Anyone else noticed the "lagginess?" over towns?  I fly a UH-60 over Corazol and get 35-50 FPS.  Fly the Mi-24 over the same area and I get 15-25fps.

Maybe it's because of the texture count?

Dont expect too much yet, we did what we could with the the few people that worked on it and the not yet existing ArmA tools didnt help.

Some issues can be fixed yeah but stuff like the texture merging wont happen too soon, especially as its not as easy as some think.

Posted nearly everywhere that if anyone feels able to do that or help with it he can contact me, zero, nada, niente, null people did that so far...

Oh and because i often read about the gunpods... it was me wanting to keep them cause they are a damn cool weapon only prob is with the knowledge we have atm we only were able to config them as rockets so they got some mean blast effects and lots of smoke.

I was over-enthusiast at Hind release, have flown it for hours upon Rahmadi just for the pleasure to fly or to fight home made missions to test and enjoy how it was great.

Now, I am a bit crestfallen because it seems lag is growing with hours of play, now "Rats Nest" mission is near un-playable, how bad !

I spent a long time last night playing around with the HIND, it's a wonderful addon. To think that it will get even better when the modding tools are released is very encouraging. Well done to you all, it's an outstanding achievement.

I applied the excellent UPS script to a bunch of them and they flew around very convincingly. Like others here I am disappointed that they do not engage ground troops but I understand that it's probably a BIS problem, so that should get fixed at some point.

I did get some to engage me (I was on foot) by provoking them with machine guns and sniper fire but I'd have liked to see more independent engaging action.

As far as armour was concerned though they're pretty lethal smile_o.gif

hi all again

One thing I’d like to see with helo’s with wheels…..is that they can taxi around the airport and other landing zones.

How difficult could this be? I guess your could wire it in to the forwards/back key and the rotate keys.

Got the idea from the TV when the Iran captives came back from the Gulf, watch the two seakings taxiying around Heathrow airport,

Penfolde

Oh and because i often read about the gunpods... it was me wanting to keep them cause they are a damn cool weapon only prob is with the knowledge we have atm we only were able to config them as rockets so they got some mean blast effects and lots of smoke.

Any chance they can be configed as fixed cobra cannons or bmp cannons? Gunpods are indeed damn cool weapons.

UMMM...I don't have any instruments working in my Hind?...am I the only one who's noticed this?, or is it just my install of the addon that messed up?Btw ,its in the same folder as my vilas stuff(maybe thats why).Does anyone else have instruments working in the pit? huh.gif

ah...thanks...was trying all sorts of things to see if I messed it up...whew,I can stop now..hahha

p.s. I love it anyways. inlove.gif

thanks alot for this addon it was a much awaited release.

if you plan an update, could you  :

- make the landing gear manual ( BIS should do the same)

- remove the big smoke trails of gunpods, this is very laggy.

and aren't the explosions a little over done ? this is HE rounds not grenades.

- smoke for rockets should be more like BIS helo, but darker, and on a short distance only, no one in entire ofp history ever got this right .

-please increase speed, mi-24 is supposed to go faster than ah6.

- the helo is unstable, is it possible to improve the flight model ?

- transparent texture of main rotor doesn't match the quality of the  rest.

- the GSh-30K is way too weak, it should take out easily lightly armored targets.

- AT missiles range is too short so we can't enjoy the benefits of the longer view distance of the last patch.

- your mi-24 fires FFAR 2 by 2 wish is good but the rate of fire should be much higher I think (

), this is important because the hind is a fast straffing helicopter unlike american couterparts.

Some of your requests are just unreasonable. Unless you want a total conversion mod just for this one addon to work, don't expect them to change.

(2 hours of time) + (1 RHS MI-24) + (FARP and support trucks) =

..Most of Delores, Ortego, and Cayo leveled.

...30 tanks hulled, shredded, and/or pounded to scrap.

...Countless infantry scattered to the winds.

and many big smiles.

Thanks for making me piss my pants when I hear that horribly beautiful sound again.  notworthy.gif

Now if AI will engage like my brother, we all will have wet pants!  tounge2.gif

no, the instruments don't work.

I'm pretty sure that a few of them work.

What???..which ones??I'm not seeing the horizon indicator or compass as a working instrument ,nor the needles for altitude.Which instruments are working for you?Hokum's instruments work just fine though. crazy_o.gif

Wonderful Addon biggrin_o.gif

Is there any interest in other Hind variants as Mi-24VM, Mi-24PN or Mi-35M currently?

Or what about retexturing the common D-Variant in other colours, e.g. polish?

Just asking  smile_o.gif

We dont plan any other countrys versions atm only thing i could imagine would be czech ones cause there are still two unused Czech texture sets made by Scars back then.

Well and maybe a Hind in DDR colours but not sure about that.

and can we do our PL version (Topas made textures already but can we get an permission or You will add PL version to Your addon ?)

PL is grey/green camo with bright blue bottom (before NATO) and solid dark green on all chopper (no camo) as in NATO choppers ?

Shadow, would be great to use this texture sets in a future version. Btw is one already planned?

That DDR Version also sounds great.

This one?

3312vo6.jpg

Vilas, sounds great about the polish versions. Are these the Mi-24D and Mi-24W (V)

Poland as i remember has 35 in only D version from early '80

Wikipedia as a source isn´t the best i know but there´s this picture which indeed looks like a polish Mi-24V which has the designation W in Poland.

800pxmi244fh4.jpg

nevermind

important is :

is Shadow make 2 versions (Nato and before Nato) PL Hinds

or gives permission and we do it ourselfs smile_o.gif

that picture blue_Flight posted looks like a hind at north Everon runway :P

I think you've done a great job with these seen as the tools haven't been released. Flattern loads of towns and crushed alot of tanks yesturday! Great Fun!

thanks alot for this addon it was a much awaited release.

if you plan an update, could you :

- make the landing gear manual ( BIS should do the same)

- remove the big smoke trails of gunpods, this is very laggy.

and aren't the explosions a little over done ? this is HE rounds not grenades.

- smoke for rockets should be more like BIS helo, but darker, and on a short distance only, no one in entire ofp history ever got this right .

-please increase speed, mi-24 is supposed to go faster than ah6.

- the helo is unstable, is it possible to improve the flight model ?

- transparent texture of main rotor doesn't match the quality of the rest.

- the GSh-30K is way too weak, it should take out easily lightly armored targets.

- AT missiles range is too short so we can't enjoy the benefits of the longer view distance of the last patch.

- your mi-24 fires FFAR 2 by 2 wish is good but the rate of fire should be much higher I think (

), this is important because the hind is a fast straffing helicopter unlike american couterparts.

Some of your requests are just unreasonable. Unless you want a total conversion mod just for this one addon to work, don't expect them to change.

None of these requests are unreasonable, the only hard thing to mod in this list is to config properly the gunpods.

The flight model could also be a problem as long as we don't have the tools.

I changed the rate of fire for rockets, dammage value of GSh-30K, and range of AT-2 et AT-4 (sideAirFriction parameter was missing) .

But even if I raise the max speed of the helo it doesn't seem to have any effect, anyone has an idea ?

Sorry if I've missed this in the previous posts guys - is anyone considering putting the North Sahrani roundel on the Hind?

Cheers fellas

Stew

EDIT*** - or maybe even a South Sahrani version? Just spitballing ideas here - I can't do it yet because my new computer STILL hasn't arrived yet banghead.gifpistols.gif