Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Gnat @ April 09 2007,07:03)]BTW, as gunner I noticed that after a bit the pilot stopped doing runs over the targets (maybe 10-15 mins), yet called to attack the targets .... he just hovered at a distance from them, not even facing them.

Could be a ArmA problem .......

I noticed the exact same prob gunning a Cobra (ARMA stock) the other night. Its an ARMA problem I'd say

Outstanding work. From RHS, and scars. And the people who brought it to life.

I think it should be down to the addon makers discression on how he/she makes a addon for the game. And the simple solution is, if one dosnt like how it is created, don't use it, or request permission to edit it and fix it where you think its required.

I think nit picking and being able to criticize constructive or not rather than praising is a lot easier, and possibly harder for those with "ego's"

Well done, i shall be using this for quite some time. Excellent job.

Nick

tried it quick today, looks awesome. The auto wheel retract is about the only thing I do not like, otherwise brilliant!

about the btr80 error, its such small thing. The nvg script should be in the mi24 folder and all events and stuff should be right.

This is the easist fix for a update.

I've noticed the Hinds don't engage infantry. I would suggest using vilas heli configs which do. Vilas cobra can take out a single riflemen with pinpoint accuracy using a FFAR.

i had another bug... is the cockpit seperate? because when i fire at it sometimes where the gun flash is i can see through the cockpit to the terrain behind. I run everything on v. high aswell.

Edit: heres a picture.

Picture here

couldnt post too big and haven't got time to make smaller atm.

A big thx 2 all the guys that have worked on this fine helo im d/l now and then i go a day in silent mode biggrin_o.gif

thx 4 these nice "flying tanks"!

...but AT-Rockets are a little bit imprecise or is it a feature? wink_o.gif

But they do engage infantry just as Cobras do. How often depends which Hind you are using. The one with a fixed gun or the one with the rotating nose gun.

Helos do not generally spot motionless infantry (and that's due to ArmA not the model). Just give infanty some waypoints and watch how they get gunned by the Hind.

I think it should be down to the addon makers discretion on how he/she makes a addon for the game. And the simple solution is, if one dosnt like how it is created, don't use it, or request permission to edit it and fix it where you think its required.

I think nit picking and being able to criticize constructive or not rather than praising is a lot easier, and possibly harder for those with "ego's"

Some people are simply pointing out problems with the addon. "don't use it" is not a solution at all. How are people suppose to know about problems with the addon if nobody tells them?

"or request permission to edit it and fix it where you think its required."

Just because someone can report a problem doesn't mean that they can or have the time to fix it.

"I think it should be down to the addon makers discretion on how he/she makes a addon for the game."

Seems you don't even understand the nature of the texture problem. I don't see why anyone would intentionally split the textures up like that, it's obviously just because the textures were taken from the OFP version of the addon.

Anyway it looks like a great addon. Hopefully the issues will be sorted out for the next release. I will still download them for now and have some fun blowing stuff up smile_o.gif .

...but AT-Rockets are a little bit imprecise or is it a feature?  wink_o.gif

Its odd .... sometimes they work beautiful .... other times not ..... is it something about chopper angle to horizon or the gun angle or time locked on target?

During my testing I was starting to see a trend ..... but just couldnt put my finger on what it was.

Then again ..... could simply have been Choas theory. biggrin_o.gif

Gnat @ April 09 2007,14:30)]

Its odd .... sometimes they work beautiful .... other times not ..... is it something about chopper angle to horizon or the gun angle or time locked on target?

During my testing I was starting to see a trend ..... but just couldnt put my finger on what it was.

I find they work best against a stationary target and they are terrible against a moving target perpindicular to the missile. Sort of simulates the wire guidance in a way though.

Nice job, and thanks to all Involved! Many people were waiting and it arrived as a great present at our doorsteps! notworthy.gif

Very nice job! notworthy.gif

I took a nightflight and it seems the nightvision doesn't work very well.

Can you make the red crosshair overlay a bit more transparant, because it's very hard to aim at night that way.

I am very pleased this work and now I have a real fire power on east side also so the custom missions will be alot of more balanced.

Here's my ultra realistic sound of Mi24 , real sound recorded by myself , i hope you will like it

BIG THX 4 HIND . I LOVE HINDS inlove.gifnotworthy.gif

In case anyone uses this better backup your original engine.wss

The engine sound itself is nice but the constant high pitched wee wee wee is nerve wrecking wow_o.gif

some info:

Mi-24 is armed with the Shturm anti-tank guided missile system. Shturm (NATO designation AT-6 Spiral) is a short-range missile with semi-automatic radio command guidance. The 5.4kg high-explosive fragmentation warhead is capable of penetrating up to 650mm of armour. Maximum range is 5km.

The Hinds can also carry the longer-range Ataka anti-tank missile system (NATO designation AT-9). The Ataka missile's guidance is by narrow radar beam, and the maximum range of the missile is 8km. The target hit probability of the Ataka missile is higher than 0.96 at ranges 3km-6km. The missile has a shaped-charge 7.4kg warhead, with a tandem charge for penetration of 800mm-thick explosive reactive armour.

maybe there is a patch to work out this "chaos theory"? biggrin_o.gif

When i crash or am shot down the death cam points to where i started on the map, not the hind. How does this work with the BIS models? The hind is deleting the pilots from the model once it is destroyed (workaround)?

Do you guys plan to improve it further once the Arma tools come out?

Many if not most OPF addons might not be worth bringing to Arma but this one just feels like Scars thought ahead and built it on purpose for this game smile_o.gif .

Gnat @ April 09 2007,14:30)]

I find they work best against a stationary target and they are terrible against a moving target perpindicular to the missile. Sort of simulates the wire guidance in a way though.

I find that they work best if you point the aiming dot at the reticule. It may be coincidence, but I noticed the closer I aimed to the reticule I would get the most hits, even on moving targets.

class Default

{

sectionsInherit="";

skeletonName = "";

sections[]={zasleh};

selectionFireAnim = "zasleh";

};

Shadow please contact with me - Your addon causes problems with mine , urgent !

ARMA has shitty engine, and one definition of cfg is read by game to all addons ?

in OFP such thing not existed, in OFP we had no collision we have in ARMA

when i put in Your addon on my PC "zasleh" all is good !

Has anyone come around the problem where the AI gunner wont fire the FFARS? And also the RGM rockets or whatever there called seem to be woefully inaccuarte compared to the other choppers out there

Is StevoIRL and I the only two who seem to have noticed this problem.

But now to the congradulations. I only started up my ArmA after a month away because of this addon. Superb addition that should of been in the original line up IMO. thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, noticed they won't fire FFARs. I take it as it'll be fixed, as it is mentioned in the readme.