Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

looks so real, like real photography! really nice done M-E xD

and ofcourse RHS rofl.gif

Sentry

Thanks Sentry smile_o.gif

but it's not alone my work looking so nice, it's that chooper who looks great tounge2.gif

What a beautiful brute.

Time I learnt to fly.

Yeah, noticed they won't fire FFARs. I take it as it'll be fixed, as it is mentioned in the readme.

Uh, I'm pretty sure I remember being able to fire the 40 FFARs you get with the AT version. I just turned on manual fire and blasted away.

Great work with the hind smile_o.gif the CAS version is just... Wow... Having 500 rockets (Called something something HE), going at 6 rockets per firing... it's insane. Not to mention the fact that they (At least, it seems to be so by the size of the explosions) are the same as FFARs.

And yeah, also, the ATGMs acted really wierdly sometimes. Like, I targeted a Stryker ICV M2 which was right in front of me, 300m away, and the rocket, for some reason, did a sort of spin to the right, then did a sharp turn the the left around some trees which it didn't even have to go around, then missed the stryker, hitting the ground in front of it. And the next one did the exact same thing. Third one worked as I closed in to about 150m. I did, however, get some decent kills with them most of the time so I'm O.K. with that smile_o.gif

the CAS version is just... Wow... Having 500 rockets (Called something something HE), going at 6 rockets per firing... it's insane.

That's no rockets.

It's a 23mm Cannon Pod.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Uh, I'm pretty sure I remember being able to fire the 40 FFARs you get with the AT version. I just turned on manual fire and blasted away.

And I believe they were talking about the AI not engaging ground troops with rockets.

By the way, isn't it an ArmA engine bug rather than a RHS coding bug ? I haven't seen any other BIS chopper attack infantry with guns, rockets, rocks, easter bunnies or used panties...

Malick

well done on the Hind, brilliantly done! and so many variants. my only gripe, and its small, is the 23mm cannon thing is almost too powerful, it totally desimates entire villages and small towns! dont have any experience of the weapon in real life obviously so i dont know but i really do sh!t myself when i see it coming

But they do engage infantry just as Cobras do. How often depends which Hind you are using. The one with a fixed gun or the one with the rotating nose gun.

Helos do not generally spot motionless infantry (and that's due to ArmA not the model). Just give infanty some waypoints and watch how they get gunned by the Hind.

I was using the hind with the fixed gun. Still, it'd be nice to watch infantry get tossed into the air by multiple rocket blasts. Just download vilas_air.pbo for a working demonstration.

the CAS version is just... Wow... Having 500 rockets (Called something something HE), going at 6 rockets per firing... it's insane.

That's no rockets.

It's a 23mm Cannon Pod.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Cannon pod, eh? Roger. It's just... They fire and move exactly like the FFARs do, and have the same blast radius etc. so I just assumed that's what they are. Understood, anyway. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And I believe they were talking about the AI not engaging ground troops with rockets.

Right. It's just, he didn't quote anyone and I don't wanna read through 7-and-a-bit pages to find out what he's really talking about. You're right about all the other choppers being the same, I've never seen any other AI-piloted chopper attacking ground targets... Except for one time when some guy on a co-op map (flashpoint rearmed) decided to shoot at the Mi17 and their MG gunner started firing back very inaccurately, but that's pretty minor...

they act like FFAR's because to simulate dual cannon pods, thats how they're configged - one of the many work arounds you'll end up seeing with Arma Addons tounge2.gif

aaah, its like the good old days again

I just tried playing as the gunner in the multiplayer mission.

It works, but I get this error...

Script SD_btr80\script

ightvision.sqs not found

When I i tried ot engage the nightvision.

I'll install that btr-80 addon, that also looks great and see if that fixes it.

Edit**

intalled the BTR-80 addon, now I get no error message, but unfortunately it's daylight and the nightvision is giving me a pretty much completely white screen.

There is no menu option to turn off the NV.

I'm blind!

Very nice, quality addon notworthy.gif

You might want to get with Vilas and see how he solved the helicopter engaging AI bug. Other than that, Keep up the great work thumbs-up.gif

been playing this addon all day.  Would like to see some improvements but .... cannot wait to see this addon in other missions.

List.

Gear keeps exstending and retracting repeatly at when hovering.

Like to see manual fire option.

like to see and option to eject troops from cargo.

thats it real,  going to try make a rusky mission now lol

Penfolde

penfold: ahhh, i've been flying with it til 3am.... now at work, coffee time :]

did anyone test if the RPG flies through both open cargo doors? wink_o.gif

*red dawn hint,hint*

Think they do at least with rifles you can fire trough them at units on the other side.

Hi, i think that the rockets and gun pods smoke clouds and trails

should be black or dark gray instead white; and that the hinds should

have another benches in front the current ones, so the cargo troops

could breath a bit. I also think that the benches should be moved

a bit forward because the units at the far end clip through the

inside bottom wall of the cargo area; and that the benches should

be moved a few centimeters to the right, to avoid the cargo units

on the left benches seats, to take out the feet finger nails by the

hinds wall. Also the empty shells from the cannon should have a

golden shape instead the blue color that they've right now; but the

hinds are scary and really great, it's sad that they don't engage

ground troops unless the hinds be stopped on the ground and

the tangos in the cannon searching arch. Let's C ya

Wow! This ugly Russian chopper is simply...gorgeous!

Outstanding job RHS notworthy.gif

erm color of rocket smoke depends on agle

Guest RKSL-Rock

I may be able to help with the landing gear.  I've got the unscripted system used ont he KA-50 working on my Merlins.  I'm hoping to post a tutorial on Wednesday night.

Anyone else noticed the "lagginess?" over towns?  I fly a UH-60 over Corazol and get 35-50 FPS.  Fly the Mi-24 over the same area and I get 15-25fps.

Also if you look in your ArmA.rpt file you get a huge load of errors:

Quote[/b] ]Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4371, 4372, 4373

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4371, 4373, 4376

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4376, 4373, 4374

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4376, 4374, 4375

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4353, 4358, 4357

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4353, 4357, 4354

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4356, 4355, 4354

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4356, 4354, 4357

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4377, 4382, 4381

...and Keeps going for a few hundred lines...

Warnings in rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1

Face 0, point 1, face points 1,0,2 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

Face 832, point 838, face points 838,838,839 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

Face 852, point 855, face points 855,855,856 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

...and more...

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2560, 2568, 2561

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2569, 2556, 2557

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2569, 2557, 2568

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2556, 2573, 2572

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2556, 2572, 2557

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2573, 2553, 2628

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2573, 2628, 2572

Warnings in rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO

Unknown animation type loop

In Vehicle: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

Empty word in sentence '' 'xmit'

After 10 mins of flying around Sahrani it had filled my ArmA.rpt completely.

thanks alot for this addon it was a much awaited release.

if you plan an update, could you :

- make the landing gear manual ( BIS should do the same)

- remove the big smoke trails of gunpods, this is very laggy.

and aren't the explosions a little over done ? this is HE rounds not grenades.

- smoke for rockets should be more like BIS helo, but darker, and on a short distance only, no one in entire ofp history ever got this right .

-please increase speed, mi-24 is supposed to go faster than ah6.

- the helo is unstable, is it possible to improve the flight model ?

- transparent texture of main rotor doesn't match the quality of the rest.

- the GSh-30K is way too weak, it should take out easily lightly armored targets.

- AT missiles range is too short so we can't enjoy the benefits of the longer view distance of the last patch.

- your mi-24 fires FFAR 2 by 2 wish is good but the rate of fire should be much higher I think (

), this is important because the hind is a fast straffing helicopter unlike american couterparts.

Also if you look in your ArmA.rpt file you get a huge load of errors:
Quote[/b] ]Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4371, 4372, 4373

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4371, 4373, 4376

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4376, 4373, 4374

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4376, 4374, 4375

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4353, 4358, 4357

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4353, 4357, 4354

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4356, 4355, 4354

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4356, 4354, 4357

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 4377, 4382, 4381

...and Keeps going for a few hundred lines...

Warnings in rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:1

Face 0, point 1, face points 1,0,2 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

Face 832, point 838, face points 838,838,839 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

Face 852, point 855, face points 855,855,856 - invalid normal -1.#IND,-1.#IND,-1.#IND

...and more...

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2560, 2568, 2561

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2569, 2556, 2557

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2569, 2557, 2568

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2556, 2573, 2572

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2556, 2572, 2557

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2573, 2553, 2628

Warning: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO Error while trying to generate ST for points: 2573, 2628, 2572

Warnings in rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d:VIEW_CARGO

In Vehicle: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: rhs_hind\rhs_mi24d.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

Empty word in sentence '' 'xmit'

After 10 mins of flying around Sahrani it had filled my ArmA.rpt completely.

Well, i sure have used it for alot more than 10 minuts now and i dont have a RPT file in my Arma folder, maybe it happens under specific graphics settings but im more willing to believe that the hind is conflicting with some other addon you have or are working on.

The hind is the only addon i have installed btw smile_o.gif .

ArmA.rpt is generated in:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows User Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA

by default, I think...

They look stunning despite being OFP models, and suprisngly they handle quite well, as long as you are gentle.

My main concern is the fact that the AI doesn't seem to struggle to engage in them (but this is true for even the BIS ones, I know)

But the Anti Tank missile are pretty useless, they just fly off at an angle for some reason.

Heya, Was just wondering why the textures, models and config are inside 1 PBO and not nicely inside some rhs_hind_t rhs_hind_m and rhs_hind_c Files, this would be especially handy at future updates smile_o.gif

(I thought RHS saw the light in OFP already with this biggrin_o.gif)