Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

I don't see anything that BI could do here, as that's a Publisher problem.

That you need to use an activation for each patch might be not the smartest solution but you need to sort that with Metaboli, they sold you the game, not BI.

Sorry sir, but that is, IMHO, a lame answer. We didn't pick the publishers for specific geogphical area..BI did!

I'll pass on the beta...this activation thing is a pain in the butt and, as usual, only effects us poor suckers who paid for our game.

I've been thinking about skipping it too. Sprocket here and Im paranoid about re-activatin crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Problem here: I have to choose my distribution for installing and after that the message appears that the patch was installed, but i´m unable to find this folder "beta" in my game nor the new startbetapatch.exe. What happened here?

Have the German DVD Version and downloaded the patch two times from different servers..

Tracers are still visible for rifles/sniper mad_o.gif why after all these patches they can't fix a core issue of the UI having a selection to enable or disable the tracers is baffling.

Did you have ever moved to difficulty menu, seems not? There is a neat option called: 'Rifle bullet tracers'. And afaik that option is there since Flashpoint.

Tracers are still visible for rifles/sniper mad_o.gif why after all these patches they can't fix a core issue of the UI having a selection to enable or disable the tracers is baffling.

Did you have ever moved to difficulty menu, seems not? There is a neat option called: 'Rifle bullet tracers'. And afaik that option is there since Flashpoint.

Seems you never noticed that the setting does absolutely nothing in ArmA.

Yep that's true. I never thought there is any part in ArmA that was taken from OFP and is not running properly crazy_o.gif Besides, he moaned about that the function is not there, and that of course is wrong - so your counterattack was just half as good as it was meant to be biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Or i simply misunderstood what he said. Possibly a multi-lingual issue for my part. Whatever, i'm starting to verify it wink_o.gif

Sorry for the confusion in my post. I meant to say that ArmA has a toggle in the UI for tracers, but does absolutely nothing as of current.

No Problem - i'll take the blame. Lost in translation biggrin_o.gif

This beta, as well as the official patch, is still crashing me and giving me the texture bug.

BIS.... in all honesty, you are not a company I'd like to invest in. Fairly appalling performance from you.

Machine specs? There may be someone here that already had your issue and fixed it. smile_o.gif

That you need to use an activation for each patch might be not the smartest solution but you need to sort that with Metaboli, they sold you the game, not BI.

Sorry sir, but that is, IMHO, a lame answer. We didn't pick the publishers for specific geogphical area..BI did!

I'll pass on the beta...this activation thing is a pain in the butt and, as usual, only effects us poor suckers who paid for our game.

I've been thinking about skipping it too. Sprocket here and Im paranoid about re-activatin crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

yeah reactivation is some scary shit!

Thank god mine worked out ok err.. except for the part that I can now no longer run the original ARMA and can now only launch from the - start betapatch icon crazy_o.gif

Oh well, wasn't doing that much MP anyways- hope this patch becomes the norm or I'll be playing solo for a while tounge2.gif

great patch by the way- guys actually disembark from their boats and the uber-Ai definitely seems toned down leading to more realistic and fun firefights.

Im digging the patch. Works good on my tired, old system.

My settings are

resolution 1440x900,

viewdistance 1200

textures and filtering on normal,

shadows on high,

anti-aliasing and blood on full,

everything else on low.

It runs great like that fps like 30's-60's in citys, and 40's-70's in countryside. Only time theres a problem is if theres hundreds of units, or in dense forest, in which case disabling shadows cures.

After about 3 hours playtime I havent had any issues with the patch.

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but whenever i see an error message with "DX" in it, I have to think it's related to your DirectX installation... have you tried reinstalling DirectX? Always a good idea anyway ;p

Nice one! You go away for a couple of days and get this nice surprise.. smile_o.gif

AI can now board boats without doing the breaststroke (in circles) for a few minutes beforehand (and losing their weapons).

AI can even get off boats without swimming (and again losing their weapons).

Even better.. Ai no longer lie down near the boat when you disembark and refuse to follow you..

Nice one.. Getting much better! biggrin_o.gif

#C

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but whenever i see an error message with "DX" in it, I have to think it's related to your DirectX installation... have you tried reinstalling DirectX? Always a good idea anyway ;p

If I hadn't have installed DX then I don't think the game would have loaded at all. Probably try that anyway.

I have DX 10 installed, is that a problem?

It runs more or less perfectly for a while but then randomly drops to desktop with the above error.

Im digging the patch. Works good on my tired, old system.

My settings are

resolution 1440x900,

viewdistance 1200

textures and filtering on normal,

shadows on high,

anti-aliasing and blood on full,

everything else on low.

It runs great like that fps like 30's-60's in citys, and 40's-70's in countryside. Only time theres a problem is if theres hundreds of units, or in dense forest, in which case disabling shadows cures.

After about 3 hours playtime I havent had any issues with the patch.

AMD 4000 64 OC'ed 10%

EVGA 8800 KO ACS3 626/1000

2 GIG DDR 2 400

XIFI

XPSP2 everything installed.

Win page disabled

res 1600x1024

All Maxed bar PP and AA set to normal VD 10KM stable 30 fps for flying occasoinal frame drops.

2 KM for ground work AA normal PP high stable 30 FPS

FPS set to 30 in arma CFG

If I hadn't have installed DX then I don't think the game would have loaded at all. Probably try that anyway.

I have DX 10 installed, is that a problem?

It runs more or less perfectly for a while but then randomly drops to desktop with the above error.

Talbot you running Vista?

IF so move to XP SP2 you probably will get rid of that error. ARMA is not Vista ready seems to work for 50% of user no issue 9they have lucky hardware configs) other 50% have issues.

Still quite foggy on 8800, not sure its an Arma issue though, when are the idiots over at Nvidia going to finally release a new xp driver?!, if their next set dont fix the fog I am going to be seriously p**sed off with them.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~spetzn....-03.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~spetzn....-12.jpg

Better than before but not cured.

confused_o.gif

This beta, as well as the official patch, is still crashing me and giving me the texture bug.

BIS.... in all honesty, you are not a company I'd like to invest in. Fairly appalling performance from you.

At least BIS say it`s an Beta.

EA and others would have said, look here is the new patch, without telling it`s an Beta.

My Arma installation runs without crashes and texture bugs.

Actually, BI was working hard to find a world wide publisher, but none could be found. This distribution by area was the only solution they could find.

Tracers are still visible for rifles/sniper  mad_o.gif  why after all these patches they can't fix a core issue of the UI having a selection to enable or disable the tracers is baffling.

That would mean a change in the weapon pbos, and as BIS stated this patch only contains engine updates. I'm sure BIS has started updating the game data so it's entirely possible they already changed this.

Hi Talbot.

AA used to CTD a lot.  I found adding -maxmem=512 to the shortcut makes it run alot more stable.  I too have vista with 2gig ram. I hope this helps.

This beta, as  well as the official patch, is still crashing me and giving me the texture bug.

At least BIS say it`s an Beta.

EA and others would have said, look here is the new patch, without telling it`s an Beta.

My Arma installation runs without crashes and texture bugs.

Exactly, remember this is a BETA, and it comes with a warning to, so its a little to early to beeing that dissapointed.

Better then to report the bugs that are still there.

Just crashed again.

Was running perfectly through the third or fourth mission in the campaign. I reverted, saved and loaded several times. I had shot all the convoy soldiers when a script was loaded and the game crashed with the error.

Gonna try that short cut addition, see if that helps.

Did you read the readme?

You have to start Arma with that batchfile, to let Arma use the Beta Patch at all.