Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

visual bug : T72 commander MG clipping bug (when ironsight is zoomed in)

External view disappeared completely when I put postprocess on high. This happend only once, strange bug

The VD-fix is amazing.

3km in 1.05 looks like 5km with 1.05+

Yes, I started it with the Batch file.

Wish there was someone else getting the SAME error message.

FPS set to 30 in arma CFG

I've been running mine with that setting. It dosent limit my framerates tho. Does it keep yours from goin up?

I have DX 10 installed, is that a problem?

It runs more or less perfectly for a while but then randomly drops to desktop with the above error.

BIS never said Arma will run with Vista.

Wait until the drivers are in a real final state, before you switch to an new OS.

I use Vista too, but Win2K Prof. SP3 is still used as my main OS.

I've been running mine with that setting. It dosent limit my framerates tho. Does it keep yours from goin up?

they go over, i think the nvidia driver handle that but seems to make Mp smoother, it may have an effect on the way data in out works.

I feel i get smoother gameplay in Mp with it set to 30, if you change any visual setting it will go back to 60 immediatly.

Didnt fix our 'dissapearing server' bug sad_o.gif But it got assigned to Suma a couple of days back.. so we're in safe hands inlove.gif

Gonna test it out myself tomorrow biggrin_o.gif

they go over, i think the nvidia driver handle that but seems to make Mp smoother,  it may have an effect on the way data in out works.  

I feel i get smoother gameplay in Mp with it set to 30,  if you change any visual setting it will go back to 60 immediatly.

I would think the purpose of that setting is not to LIMIT the framerate but to attemp to dynamicaly change the display settings (to a certain extent) in order to maintain that as a minimum frame rate. That's how it works in Vanguard and a few other games I know of.

I actually set mine lower (~20) so that I could keep the highest quality while maintaining playability in single player anyway.

If I'm totally off base then I appologize.

A stupid question:

will a mission made with the demo patch work with regular ARMA

i just want to be 100% sure

From the change log :

5142  - Fixed: Improved helicopters engaging targets.

Has someone tested this? Does it work properly now? It was a bit of a let down to have a kamov fly above bluefor soldiers without firing at all.

(no i didn't read the whole thread)

I tested the BLUEFOR choppers against OPFOR infantry, it worked fine. Even the Littlebird Pilot was able to engage the enemy with it`s fixed guns.

So from the sounds of things the performance isn't on par with 1.04? That sucks. Hopefully BI find a optimization that will put performance on par with 1.04.

Hi Talbot.

AA used to CTD a lot. I found adding -maxmem=512 to the shortcut makes it run alot more stable. I too have vista with 2gig ram. I hope this helps.

This has worked, thanks.

Well... at least it works with the original 1.05 but how do you force the batch file for the Beta to use it?

And what does maxmem actually do?

what definitely needs to be added to next patch is info about kills with vehicle (e.g. drive over or use vehicle to ram e.g. copter and kill tons people by exploding them both etc.) ...

it seems to be new TK trend to ruin any type of gameplay ...

I disagree. Kamikaze should not be rewarded with points.

However, running over enemy AI with a tank/vehicle should.

So from the sounds of things the performance isn't on par with 1.04? That sucks. Hopefully BI find a optimization that will put performance on par with 1.04.

Personally the performance is behiond 1.4, by alot!

I disagree. Kamikaze should not be rewarded with points.

However, running over enemy AI with a tank/vehicle should.

you misunderstand ....

what i mean is information who killed who (instead Just XY was killed) ...

in veteran setting w/o any ID on friendly soldier it's pain in ass trying discover who is doing it ...

play the patch more time.

OK:

the performence of viewDistance is improved.

ship can close to the beach in order to load infantry.

AI vehicle braking now smoother.

Better movement of convoys on roads.

Haze wasnot too strong with large viewdistance.

NG:

Explosions still cause human flying high.

ah6 still can not engage the infrantry well!,  ah6 still just flys around the target without fire.

--------------------------------------------

fps is still not improved.

In 1.5+, shadow still is fps killer, special in the forest.

Setting everything to low, I can get 30~35 fps in city; 40~60 in desert; but only 13~15 in forest.

NG:

ah6 still can not engage the infrantry well!,  ah6 still just flys around the target without fire.

you can bitch about after v1.06, if it's still there then.

Look at the changlog and search the numbers: #2026, #1950

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/changelog_page.php icon_rolleyes.gif

So from the sounds of things the performance isn't on par with 1.04?  That sucks.  Hopefully BI find a optimization that will put performance on par with 1.04.

Explain Please?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?? crazy_o.gif

I started out with 1.05...so what did I miss?

So from the sounds of things the performance isn't on par with 1.04?  That sucks.  Hopefully BI find a optimization that will put performance on par with 1.04.

Explain Please?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?? crazy_o.gif

I started out with 1.05...so what did I miss?

you missed the hell of a game tounge2.gif

NG:

I have encountered now ones flying soldier after hit from east sides RPG. Situation was also little odd that it seems that at least east sides RPG soldier tries to attack his western counterparts with his RPG, and not his assault rifle. I think that this may be repeatable in mission editor, when you but two opposite groups to airfield and self go as a independent when independent is friendly for everyone.

Setting everything to low, I can get 30~35 fps in city; 40~60 in desert; but only 13~15 in forest.

FPS improved for me, as well as texture issues. So I find that strange.

I wouldn't expect shadows to be improved much. Dynamic shadows are always demanding in games. Ever played Oblivion? Turning on the option for shadows to cast on grass had a huge impact on FPS. Even if your characters shadow was the only one casting a shadow at the time.

I wouldn't expect shadows to be improved much. Dynamic shadows are always demanding in games. Ever played Oblivion? Turning on the option for shadows to cast on grass had a huge impact on FPS. Even if your characters shadow was the only one casting a shadow at the time.

there's always been a huge fps drop when looking at bushes, esp when zoomed in, hence forest areas really run slow.

its on the bug tracker, hopefully suma will be able to fix it. -- at the moment everytime i zoom or scope on any bush the frame rate drops about 80%

Hi Maddmatt,

I read your post, I have almost same vid Card as you ,

my system is

p4 3.8 2mcache

1.5G MAM

7800Gt Vid Card.

I did not get any FPS improvement ,even lost 1~2fps in some case.