Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

Looks like it might be time for a big purchase then... I think I'll big and go right the the 8800GTX. Just have to figure out how to sneak this by the wife.

tounge2.gif

definatly WONT work with the ENGLISH VERSION OF SPROCKET

says it cant find the install thingy like everyone else who owns a sprocket version.

Any one know if the other patches will do this, or will they work with the sprocket verion.

if not then im just gonna have to by the dvd.

It's much improved for my ati card aswell. I'm not sure if this was exclusively an 8800 thing.

Well I guess it's probably too much to hope that somebody would work out a way to get this working on the sprocket versions? I guess since it's a beta we can't really expect such.... but I wonder if it just has something to do with the special locking on the exe (it runs as ArmA.locked.exe, and my icon, no matter what i change it to, always shows a sketch of a padlock).... perhaps there's something that softwrap has to do independent of BIS?

Well, I just keep telling myself this will all be worth it in the end wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well I guess it's probably too much to hope that somebody would work out a way to get this working on the sprocket versions? I guess since it's a beta we can't really expect such.... but I wonder if it just has something to do with the special locking on the exe (it runs as ArmA.locked.exe, and my icon, no matter what i change it to, always shows a sketch of a padlock).... perhaps there's something that softwrap has to do independent of BIS?

Well, I just keep telling myself this will all be worth it in the end wink_o.gif

So are you saying that no more updates will run with the sprocket version?

will mods still run with arma?

I didn't say that; I'm just speculating that Softwrap, the company which handles authentication/copy protection/etc for the Sprocket versions might have to do something to officially support the update. I'd assume that any official release would have this taken care of.

+EDIT: and as far as I know, unless the mod replaces ArmA.exe, then there would be no reason for mods not to work. I've used the third person NewView mod without problems.

BIS please release something so that us lowly Sprocket users can partake in this seemingly mighty Beta

Because of where i live i can't get a hardcopy copy of your game and have gone thru hell and highwater just to get the download.

BIS please release something so that us lowly Sprocket users can partake in this seemingly mighty Beta

Because of where i live i can't get a hardcopy copy of your game and have gone thru hell and highwater just to get the download.

I second that motion. thumbs-up.gif

Hello
Just a heads up for those with the German downloaded version. You will once again have to activate to play this beta. So I can't test it because I've run out of activation tries. Seriously don't buy this version its such a hassle.

I have the German download version and had no problems patching nor was any activation required.

<s>On the other hand, I'm experiencing serious texture-loading issues with this beta build (P4 3.2 GHz, 3 GiG RAM, 7600GT AGP).</s>

[edit]

Fixed, had done something wrong, though I don't know what.

Hmm that's odd. It tells me to reactivate when i hit the .bat file after I install it.

DOH!

I am just about to use it, does it mean each time I toggle between 1.05 and 1.05+ I give away an activation attempt?

crazy_o.gif

I dunno you might not have a problem.

dwringer : "Are you using a Sprocket-downloaded version? If so, this is an issue which has been discovered on the General forum; as of yet, there is no official word on whether there will be a solution."

Ah yeah i am using a sprocket download , that sucks

Playing with German online version. Installed the beta patch. It asked the activation key. I gave it. And since then ArmA has been working without any problems. Multiplayer works also and in a server that doesn't have the beta patch. I think that gameplay is now smoother in northen parts of Sahrani where the big forests are. No more massive fps lost when going into bush or big forest. (was not a big problem for me before) but now framerate is not splitting in half. It's a good start... smile_o.gif

system is €6600 / x1950xt / 2 Gb DDRII

Well, on that note, at least, it's really refreshing to see a game where the updates actually, oh i dunno, fix problems that people have found (and in a timely manner, at that! ) smile_o.gif

I don't want to give the wrong impression that I'm angry about the sprocket thing, a beta patch which works on most versions is still far better than no patch at all (or none for many, many, many months, which fix almost no major problems, like with other games which shall remain nameless...)

LeeHOswald, you have an 8800 right? Can you put your VD up to 5000 and see all the way now?

I don't know if the GF8800 "fog bug" is fixed, but the BIS "fog bug" is gone.

5000m:

---

10000m:

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_105b_10k.jpg

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

5k fook dat?

10k!!!!!!! holy shoot!!!!!

"I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE FOG HAS GONE!!!!"

viewdistance.jpg

viewdistance2.jpg

BIS you rock AND roll...

Screenies taken on a 8800 GTX.

nice patch some much needed improvements in there , i am glad to see the fanboys who beat up on every bug reporter havent hindered the progress of arma and bis still manage to give arma what it needs.

must admith tho, pls could you refrain from comments like this without prior warning "it is a betaversion and not proper tested release." . i was drinking coffee at the time i read that and nearly ruined my lcd screen. if it would have read "unlike patches 1.01 -1.05 this patch hasnt been propperly beta tested" i think i would have died on the spot from coffee on the lung.

i dont know who does your betat testing but i have a piece of advise for you, sack` em , there shite. some of the things that got thru your ealier patches have been diabolical.but i gues you already know thathence the new style of release.

inastantly noticeable major bug. mass of some objects are making tanks fly in air and spin like washing machines. i.e the jeep wreck at ne corner of rahmadi town when a moving tank colides with it , the tank goes crazy spin and becomes a flying fortress.

also do go back to 1.02 or 1.05 wichever is your previous preefernce , you have to re install the old starforce shite.not a bug , just pointing that one out.

Deano 30k people tested World of Warcraft:The burning Crusade, and it came out bugged and crashing.

So persoanlly I think BIS are doing a good job.

Looks like the GF8800 fog isn't completly gone:

But it's not a big problem anymore.

MfG Lee

Yep thans lee you have confirmed the 8800 renders smogs other cards just can't no see ;}

But I'm happy with it, slight smog or not. The slight smog left is probably now nvidia's issue. Fingers crossed the next Xp update will blat that .

I thought those screens looked a little hazy...

I imagine the increase in FPS is worth the bit of haze though.

im running this beta.

tonight at server once died because of a Bug. Don't remember if it existed already in older version.

the bug was:

i looked inside a text from a window and the tent was "empty". When i passed trough the door there was 1 AI inside that killed me before i was able to kill him.

Cant see if objects, AIS are inside the tents looking trough the windows. Its a very annoying BUG! mad_o.gif

Bugs I've seen in beta patch are:

#LOD/texture problems still there but sort more stable, and

sometimes there's a rapid flickering between LOD's (so fast I almost had a seziure)

#Game freezes for anything from 10 to 40 seconds with no apparent reason.

#Alt+Tabbing can either can either fix LOD's, crash game (i.e. I try to alt+tab back, nothing happens but I can hear my mouse going over menus) or it will totally mess up all texture/lightning/LOD's sometimes.

#Major loss of FPS when viewing things such as GPS, map, gear menu etc, I've had this before but it seems more severe now in the beta.

EDIT: Oh and my specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2600

160 gb HDD Seagate 7200 8 mb cache

G-force 6600 GT AGP 8x 128 mb

1 gig ram 2700+ DDR

If it's of any use to the devs.

the feckin texture loading bug for me is now signifcantly worse but performance is smother huh.gif

Oh and can you please let me use my bloody right CTRL key for changing weapons mad_o.gif