INNOCENT&CLUELESS

ArmA Public Beta Patch 1.05.5143

Hi Maddmatt,

I read your post, I have almost same vid Card as you ,

my system is

p4 3.8 2mcache

1.5G MAM

7800Gt Vid Card.

I did not get any FPS improvement ,even lost 1~2fps in some case.

What drivers are you using? 93.71 seem to be as good as it gets for me. Forest areas are pretty damn demanding. Previously I had my viewdistance setting at 3k, since the patch I have it at 5k.

I don't have perfectly smooth framerates all the time. Usually when zooming in with grass and trees it slows down and forests too.

Normal or low shader settings should help, although personally I hate losing the detail in vegetation.

Dropping resolution makes a pretty big impact.

I haven't accurately measured my framerate though, but I do know that I can push the viewdistance further before the game isn't smooth.

" ah6 still can not engage the infrantry well "

i already in my addons fixed this, so BIS haven't done it ?

there is wrong weapon class

when i changed it my AH6, UH60, Mi17 use weapons smile_o.gif

i must test rest of mission bugs and than i can tell something more about patch

Thanks for your reply.

I used the same driver 93.71. I have no courage to change it any more, sad_o.gif

ViewDistance is improved, that it cannot be denied. before I set viewdistance at 889M, now I can set it to 2k almost without fps lost.

However, as I said before, i lost 1~2fps when I am near the woods , although the change log said " Reduced shadowing caused by the terrain."

I also read some post said Ah6 fire not only rocket but also MG. but I did not see Ah6 fired one bullet in the new patch! the AI ah6 always repeats "enemy infantry, 200 meter!" and fly around them again and again.

anything I missed? banghead.gif

Thanks for your reply.

I used the same driver 93.71. I have no courage to change it any more, sad_o.gif

ViewDistance is improved, that it cannot be denied. before I set viewdistance at 889M, now I can set it to 2k almost without fps lost.

However, as I said before, i lost 1~2fps when I am near the woods , although the change log said " Reduced shadowing caused by the terrain."

I don't think "Reduced shadowing caused by the terrain." has anything to do with performance, it just makes the shadows casted by hills and terrain features less dark (I assume).

I haven't tested forests much, but they do seem to be the most demanding areas in the map. Lowering shading detail to normal or even low should help. Also, having shadows on high/very high enables hardware accelerated shadows which should give better performance than the normal setting.

No point changing drivers any more. I have tried newer ones from guru3d.com but they don't help. Maybe if there is a new official release for DX9 cards from Nvidia they will help.

Hi Talbot.

AA used to CTD a lot.  I found adding -maxmem=512 to the shortcut makes it run alot more stable.  I too have vista with 2gig ram.  I hope this helps.

This has worked, thanks.

Well... at least it works with the original 1.05 but how do you force the batch file for the Beta to use it?

And what does maxmem actually do?

glad to help.. as for what it does.. My guess is that it limits AA to 512 k of memory. This little beast (AA) seems to eat into a lot of memory and must have conflicts with other stuff running.. drivers, O/S etc...

Anyway... I found that little command useful for other games...like SH4. I guess vista is still having teething problems.

ffs.jpg

Seriously getting tired of this error....

run in windowed mode in Vista should fix this...

add to the commandline of arma shortcut:

-x=1024 -y=768 -window

replace 1024 and 768  with the resolution you wish.

AMD X2 3800 , Nvidia 7900 256, 2*1GB corsair extreme ddr2 675 mhz

if this game will run smooth on at least "high" details i will say thanx, but not untill i see it  

I'm sorry but if you expect a "High" on an AMD X2 3800 (which is a low/medium-end cpu) then ur probably wrong. You have 2x 2.0ghz cores, which is the minimum requirement of ArmA (ArmA only supports 1 core). Recommended is 3.0ghz!!wink_o.gif. GraphicsCard 7900 is fine though, if its not the budget variant "GS"

Tried the beta patch, and got my fps backup and very little LOD notworthy.gif Only bug i seen is RMB wouldnt change to zoom when i was a gunner in a bmp.

Nice job BIS

can someone please tell me how i can run the beta patch with the FDF Sounds mod, and other command line parameters?

can someone please tell me how i can run the beta patch with the FDF Sounds mod, and other command line parameters?
Quote[/b] ]-mod=FDF_Sounds;beta;

I still can't install this, I get this error

error

I am not using the sprocket version, I am using a UK DVD version?

Sounds like a Registry problem or you have modified gamefiles in ur game folder, put back backups or reinstall, then the problem should be gone.

I just suddenly realised I changed the exe to fear to try and get sli working. That might be it I will have to try later when home from work! Silly me not thinking about this last night sad_o.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/PANDA6832/ffs.jpg

Seriously getting tired of this error....

run in windowed mode in Vista should fix this...

add to the commandline of arma shortcut:

-x=1024 -y=768 -window

replace 1024 and 768 with the resolution you wish.

Yep, thanks Gonk.

I managed to get the maxmen thing working with the original shortcut .exe but how do I get the resolution command line and the maxmem working with the beta batch file?

Adding -maxmen etc to the end of the command line for the batch file does not work.

<span style='color:red'>Moderator edit: Do not include pictures in your replies.</span>

Hurrah, the Jets are starting to attack now. Hopefully they can fully engage any target they are given air and ground.

BIS has done it again, first team to solve the 8800 fog bug, now lets hope it gets around to Nvidia's ears.

Still, what bugs me the most is the RMB bind being useless in vehicles, you lock a target and automaticly it throws you out of optics views...wtf?

I managed to get the maxmen thing working with the original shortcut .exe but how do I get the resolution command line and the maxmem working with the beta batch file?

Adding -maxmen etc to the end of the command line for the batch file does not work.

A batch file is (mostly) just a text file where each line of text is executed as a command (exactly as if you had typed it manually).

Open the batch file in any text editor and you will figure it out smile_o.gif

A batch file is (mostly) just a text file where each line of text is executed as a command (exactly as if you had typed it manually).

Open the batch file in any text editor and you will figure it out smile_o.gif

You have made me feel a bit stupid, thanks a lot.

(Done it, cheers).

BIS has done it again, first team to solve the 8800 fog bug, now lets hope it gets around to Nvidia's ears.

Still, what bugs me the most is the RMB bind being useless in vehicles, you lock a target and automaticly it throws you out of optics views...wtf?

That was the first key I changed. Revealing targets and switching to/from optics with the same key is just stupid.

after finally getting profiles to work on my server, im convinced the veiw distance bug is still there for dedicated servers

after finally getting profiles to work on my server, im convinced the veiw distance bug is still there for dedicated servers

the viewdistance bug for dedicated servers?

yep i got all the other options i wanted working, but the view distance just will not change...

I tried multiple missions, but I don't think unless they specify the distance in the lobby would it matter.

Anyone else got it working?

yep i got all the other options i wanted working, but the view distance just will not change...

I tried multiple missions, but I don't think unless they specify the distance in the lobby would it matter.

Anyone else got it working?

In MP doesn't that setting need to controlled by the mission? I think you will need to add a setviewdistance 3000(or whatever you want) command in the mission.

Hi All

View distance can be set in mission but bare in mind not all people have uber machines so forcing high view distance or detail is not very good for public servers.

1200m is default and best for most activities.

Also note view distance can be tailored to individual tasks in a mission such as snipers and pilots slots or for piloting planes off a getin/getout pilot/gunner event perhaps.

Kind Regards walker

hmm, i was thinking that if your pc didnt want to use such high distances the lower settings would over ride the servers higher ones... mabey I'm just trying for something thats not possible serverside...

1200 is just not enough for my friends and I

Think of sitting on one of the hills east of the airport and sniping all the way across... ME wants!

I am pretty sure that it should work like this:

Client1 localVD = 800

Client2 localVD = 5000

server VD = 1200

RESULT:

Client1 MP-VD = 800

Client2 MP-VD = 1200