Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

Quote[/b] ]Hey, does anyone know if I could edit the config for the resistance soldiers in order to use a resistance soldier model that I like?

I know in the config you can choose between two, but im just curious same for the east units.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

The great thing about OFP is that there is very little you can't do, if you have the tools and know how. This is not really the place to dicuss the details though. You need to go to the modeling and O2 or configs and scripting fourms.

It was about time someone made some low section count troops for OFP - I look back at my old work and almost die when I read the section count. No wonder my GPU hated me. smile_o.gif Nice stuff, Sanc.

How could I add the SLX mod to the GRAA modpack? I saw it was removed in version 3.0 =S

These are part of a project i am not finished with yet.

The plan is to have :

-a mini mod with specific animations that will be made specifically for thosee soldiers and will feature its own gameplay

-the soldiers will be addons but not linked to the mini mod, that mean they will be able to be used standalone with any mods or even without any mods.

-a modder ressource package with all the models in MLOD format.

Along it there will be texture guides for people wanting to retexture them and the bunch of camo swatches i painted by hand using WytchDokta camos as a template and the wrinkles ready to be merged with it to give more "cloth"-like appearance to the textures.

All in their original tga format.

example in jpg (so the texture is degraded on those in the example, but the tga that will be in the package will remain clean of jpg artifacts) :

the swatch :

greentigerszn6.jpg

the wrinkles (built by Macser using the Wildcats ones as a template):

wrinklesfd9.jpg

once both are merged , the result :

mergpo3.jpg

Hopefully, it should turn very good for anyone wanting to build their own soldiers, as the mlods will be very optimised for the OFP engine (they are low poly and they have very few textures by soldiers) to allow big battles without performance drop.

I don't know how could I have no read this. This is just awesome!

Mate you have had like the greatest idea with the modder resources pack. I've been struggling trying to edit models and stuff but this will be awesome! I'll be looking forward for this mod inlove.gif

I have been using this mod pack almost exclusivley for all my OFP... but now i am building a big CTI style mission with AI smoke grenades... I use the AI_SMOKE option and have had only a couple of CTD... but sometimes this happens to me if i am on OFP far too long and has nothing to do with GRAA3!.... what exactly causes the AI_SMOKE to CTD? are the AI FOV actually limited by the smoke or is this option pointless?

regards

Kendo

in short, does the ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE stop AI seeing through? or should I not use it due to possiblity of CTD?

The scripts that is coming along those specific smoke create an invisible object that prevent the AI from firing at you.

So ingame it feels like the smoke grenade really works.

The option that enable those special version of the smike grenade allow the "impact" grenade to have delayed explosion, so they explode only +/- 5 seconds after being launched.

Unfortunately, as some people noticed, and i noticed too, if i enable this option, sometime during the game there is a CTD, if i disable it, there is none.

So i highly recommend to -not- enable it as i have not able to locate the exact cause of that CTD in the script, i have no way to fix it.

But if you need smoke grenade that actually work with the AI, you have the same kind in JAM3 .

I have never tested long enough to see if JAM3 AI friendly smoke grenade create the same kind of CTD, but it is a valid alternative if you really want some in your mission.

A bit of update on my project.

Work begins to move again, after getting a merge of 35 textures into a single one to improve performance a hell lot, i noticed that whatever i could do in animation, if the 1st person view looked nice, the external view would always look out of place, as the anims are unfortunately the same for both views.

So i ended in modifying the hand models for the external view so it could fit better with whatever i would do for the 1st person

Example of the result , the 1st person view

clipboard04np2.jpg

And the external view :

clipboard03vu8.jpg

clipboard02pb8.jpg

I think it looks good enough for now.

There is a long way to go before release though, so don't hold your breath. But things are progressing more nicely for now.

Thanks for a speedy reply Sanc!

I know how the AI smoke works... problem is my mission is so large I want to use as few addons and mods as possible to thier most potential.

I am only using GRAA, CoC network, and CoC USMC markers!

The thing about Jam is that I don't wanna use an addon only for one little part of it, plus I always thought the AI smoke grenade in JAm was the rifle grenade smoke shell, not the standard ones? maybe I am wrong.

Anyhow, your Ai smoke hasn't caused and CTD's recently. like I played OFP, with it on all weekend and no CTD's! but last night I was messing around dog fighting with the FLK mod jets and had 2 CTD's! weird huh?

anyway, I will release my mission with a recommended GRAA config and a warning about the Delay Ai smoke thingy... BUT for now I am going to keep using it.

Regards

Kendo

Quote[/b] ]I have been using this mod pack almost exclusivley for all my OFP...

I apologise for hijacking this thread to pimp my own wares, but...

maybe I could entice you to give my 4Eyes Patch for GRAA a try. View thread.

Features:

- face wounds

- glasses / sunglasses

- ability to use your choice of FaceTex2 face

I appreciate people may be put off by my describing it as beta, but that's only because I've yet to receive any feedback on it confused_o.gif It is fully functional.

Damn I would like to see the update with your facetex mod ! confused_o.gif

Nice efforts Sanctuary, thanks for the update.

Hi Santuary didn't you release/provide some information and base model to do animations some years ago. I have been looking for it but can't seem to find it, can you tell me where they are?

Thanks

STGN

Hmm, about informations i believe it was this place that even had some tutorials , which got me started with OFPAnim :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/animcenter/en/index.php

There was another tutorial somewhere else on the author website, but never used it and don't remember the URL and no idea if it always exist as it was years ago.

OFPAnim 0.98 and its patch 0.981 can now be found here :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5176&newlang=eng

For your base model, if i remember well the east tank crew is the basis that is included with OFPAnim, but you can use any other models 1st lod from an MLOD format

If you want to adjust carefully for 1st person view, it is the pilot view you will need, you will need to delete all the other lods, and rename pilot view into the 1st lod) ((as in 99,99% of the addons 1st lod can be very different in regard to hand position from the pilot view lod).

Anyways if you want to make some anims for your own models, O2 and OFPAnim nearly come hands in hands as adjusting selections for your models so they are not broken by (or do not break) the animations often need some time in O2.

Here is an archive with some more 1st lod models and the needed .lpv (may not be entirely correct though)if you want to get a look at the animation you create with the east tank crew and see how they are if applied on various other addons.

http://files.filefront.com/somemodlrar/;11093189;/fileinfo.html

I don't recommend creating your animations directly on those, as i said, i can't confirm their .lpv is correct , and so it can easily create some problems ingame.

They are just for you to give a look to see if your anims are looking good enough with a various different soldier models (and it can look very different from one to another)

Anyways, OFPAnim is primarly for making static animations (the ones that do not move) , if you want to create dynamics one (running, moving etc...)prepare yourself for a very very lot of time full of frustrating problems while trying to do dynamic animations.

But, a warning before you put your hand into all of this, whatever you want to do even with the tutorial, you will have to experiment a lot by trial&errors , it will take a lot of time.

Oh and while i remember, do not use any of the .rtm that are included with OFPAnim, if i remember well, they were .rtm from either the original OFP demo or OFP before resistance.

And so they lacked the pistol proxies and selections (i included the pistol proxy in the mini pack on filefront)

Just unpack the Anim.pbo of ...\Res\Dta\ to have the correct OFP Resistance animations

There are some more .rtm into the O.pbo (mostly pistol related)

Sanctuary I want to ask, is there any possible ETA of the mod ? smile_o.gif

Unfortunately no ETA, as i have no idea on when i will be finished with that.

There is so much work left to do and i am alone again on this, so all i can say is don't hold your breath, it can easily take half a year.

In the past i needed lot of help on the mapping to get my ideas working, as gizmo mapping and etc... are so unuser friendly that when trying to map a whole model to a specific kind of texture , you cry in front of how gizmo mapping in O2 can do things very very wrong looking.

Macser was the providential man in there, he popped up when i was nearly going to throw everything to the bin and mapped the model greatly.

Sadly he disappeared due to some heavy problem in his life, but his help was unvaluable as he managed to complete the remapping before leaving.

Now, at this point of the work, what i am doing is separating carefully each parts of the bodies and equipments in preparation to another big texture merging.

And when separating those parts, i notice some bugs in some lods and selections problems that i have to repair to prevent future annoyances.

That part of the work is very tedious, but i don't see how someone could help me with this, as i have my own method to do it because i need things to respect a specific positioning inside the future merged textures i have envisionned.

That will just take a lot of time as there is a lot to do but so far i just recently finished the east troops part, i need now to do the same for west and resistance various troops too.

Then there will be weaponry to optimise in amount of textures too and sharpness/smoothness.

Now, those units will feature BIS heads. but do not despair, i reworked the models in a way that removing BIS head and swapping them to Llauma ones will be very easy as there will be no need to "attach" the head at all to connect with the body and there will be no "hole" after such process.

Unfortunately no ETA, as i have no idea on when i will be finished with that.

There is so much work left to do and i am alone again on this, so all i can say is don't hold your breath, it can easily take half a year.

What is ETA?

ETA in such situation means "Estimated Time of Accomplishment" or "Estimated Time of Arrival".

Basically asking for an ETA here is the same as asking an estimation of when things will be finished/released.

And the answer is unfortunately "i don't know".

sure Sanc, take your time and finish it, we will wait, no need to freak out biggrin_o.gif

Also, good to see you will keep ol' good bis head.

The problem in current version is that I am using GRAA with ECP and there is unfourtenately only that "big version" playabe which means that DMA Euro resistance are screwed crazy_o.gif

Also I would like to ask, it's about AT.I never liked the position on back, is possible to put it a bit like in this photo ?

Pic

For the AT it is not possible, in the past i made different position for the launcher on the back, but as soon as i tried some addons using one of the various radio backpack addons (like Laser or RHS ones), i understood it was not a good idea.

Those radio backpacks addons are using the AT proxy on the model.

This means that if i modify the AT position on your back, the orientation of it and the angle in comparison to the soldier, every soldiers using the backpacks addons would have it floating around instead of being on your back.

So sadly, we are stuck with the default position on the back, as backpack addon are a good idea, and i don't want to break them by changing the AT proxy position on the back.

Sanctuary, I hope I am not undermining your judgments on your own mod but I have a case for the use of "ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE"

Alright after extensive weekend testing I am going to say that the ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE option did not cause a CTD and the effects during my "Mission in progress" added an extra level of combat awesomeness.

During my mission I have a script for AI units to throw smoke of different colours so that you can identify the fighting units at great distance (e.g. green for west and red for east) as well as create a screen for the Ai to hide behind during a firefight. This also makes player-AI skirmishes last longer because you cannot see through their smoke either!

1.AI-AI and AI-PLAYER firefights lasted longer.

2.AI-PLAYER firefights were harder as you cannot see in which direction AI will emerge from the smoke.

3.Identifying factions engaged at long distance is crucial if a tactical decision has to be made i.e. From which direction should I attack the new enemy position?

4.it looks cool

Anyhow the point is that ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE is so useful to me that the benifits outweigh the cost.

Regards

Kendo

Thanks for this work Sanctuary.

I've recently got back to OFP, so forgive me if you have already answered this one:

Is there purely only an animation pack with those new AT animations? They're great for shooting from inside buildings and running back for cover after firing, quite simply great. I ask this because sometimes in big-laggy missions I have to play with Vanilla OFP, only with a sky pack, my custom original sound.pbo and your animations.

If not, is it possible to edit the older to include these newer ones? Can you give directions on how to?

Thanks for any help.

In the sancGRAAmod3.rar download , you will find a folder named @GRAA

Take it it and move it to your

....\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

directory so you obtain

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@GRAA\

Go into that "@GRAA" folder , you will find one named "GRAA light config"

Go into that "GRAA light config" folder and take the file named CONFIG.CPP that is found inside of it.

Go back to ...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@GRAA\

you will see a folder named "bin"

Go into that folder named "bin" and replace the file CONFIG.CPP by the one you took from the "GRAA light config"

Once done, go back to ...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@GRAA\

you will see a folder named "Addons"

Delete the file named sanc_fixface.pbo

That's all, now launch OFP with a shortcut modified to have a

-mod=@GRAA added to it and with a -nomap too in case your PC need it , and you will be able to play with the animations systems, some of the options (that you can enable/disable in the CONFIG.CPP) but without the soldiers , sounds, face textures and weapons replacements.

Giving you a better compatibility with any addons you want to run with the @GRAA mod, and without any performance hit.

Quote[/b] ]Sanctuary, I hope I am not undermining your judgments on your own mod but I have a case for the use of "ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE"

Alright after extensive weekend testing I am going to say that the ENABLE_DELAY_AISMOKE option did not cause a CTD and the effects during my "Mission in progress" added an extra level of combat awesomeness.

Yes, running with that option is more interesting, but it may not cause a CTD in few of your games, but -sometime- (and that's why it is impossible to fix as none has ever found the exact condition in which it can be reproduced) you will experience a CTD.

So that's mostly running with this option enabled to your own risk, i wish a 100% working fix was to be found, as the option as you say add a lot in the gameplay.

But as there is no such fix sadly, i can only recommend to let it disabled if you don't want to experience a CTD.