Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

hi sanctuary

i played around a little with anim.pbo, i just tested different anim.pbo`s , with graa3full+ecp, graa3light, ofpvanilla

i also tested dmalean on ofpvanilla (works great, looks great but does not have ur extra animations from graa and seems not to be compatible with graa- to bad, a mix of that and graa would be almost perfect)

what i found out so far is, i cant get rid of the leg animations that i think they dont look good (standing/normal speed left + right, standing/slow all directions, crouched/normal speed left+right, crouched/slow all directions)

i always tested on new started game - singleplayer mission steal the car.

when i run graa3full+ecp (i always try to run ecp if possible, without it it makes no sense to play ofp i think), and i delete anim.pbo from ecp/dta folder, i still have the animations from graa3, except that the soldier is holding the gun a little bit right from his body (standard BIS i think), perhaps a little bit more changed but i dont notice it as i dont know the animations so good.

the same thing when i replace the anim.pbo, with another, like from wgl mod, the leg animations that look like robot movement keep the same.

because of the fact, that nothing changes when i delete or replace anim.bpo ( i also tested it with and without ENABLE_SANC_ALTSTAN > btw i dont understand what is what and what it does, however i read the description) i deleted sanc_animcr.pbo in addons folder, just to see what happens. bingo!! thats it!! now when i try some moves, the soldier stands in middle of ground doing nothing.

when i understand that right, i cant change anything unless i change sanc_animcr.pbo too huh.gif

after all that testing i think i understand why u changed some animations.

u want to be able to use the ironsight in almost all stances without having the gun wavering around, right? i didnt noticed that before.

does that mean it is not possible to have a good (more natural - like BIS standard) looking movement of the legs AND a not wavering ironsight view??

i wouldnt care about it so much, if i wouldnt see the slow movement animation on other soldiers, just put a squad in danger mode behaviour, let them stand up and watch them moving > brrr crazy_o.gif

i would change it myself by merging 2 anim.pbo`s like u described, but as replacing the anim.pbo has no effect i dunno what to do. i additon i would like to change some things concerning ironsight, like:when does it automatic change back to 3rd person view when activated? i personally would like to have it smiliar to BIS standard>when pressing forward+left or right view changes to 3rd person, with the change that ironsight view is not wavering, if possible

but i guess if i want to do that i have to create my own animation replacement for graa huh.gif

i know that is much questions, sorry sad_o.gif

thank u in advance for ur time

greetings

stYler

Would you be interested in using my Nogovan Light Infantry addons for Resistance side in your new project

I want to ask if it's possible to create something between with and without the radiovoices, to speed up the AI to make silent only what's not relevant to the player. To make all orders to the AI silent but you can hear enemy positions and your orders. Can this be done?

You're not the only person who wanted something like that SamotH. I wanted the swift reaction time of no radio voices but I also wanted to know when friendly AI has been issued or completed an order. So, to that end I replaced 99% of the contents of both Voice.pbo and VoiceRH.pbo with correctly named but empty files.

Now if I (silently) tell my men to move, they respond with 'roger' or 'moving on' and then 'waiting' or 'ready' when they reach their destination. If I have a man on hold fire and tell him to target someone he'll respond with 'ready to fire'. I haven't, however, got it so you can hear enemy position.

Both files are only 3.6mb and will work with any OFP install. If anyone's interested I can upload it somewhere.

YES! Please! That would be very useful!

Edit: How to play/convert those wss files? This could be an intresting kind of modification.

Here ya go. You'll have to excuse the crappy host...

2, shut up now 1.2mb

1. Extract 2shutupnow.rar

2. Replace VoiceRH.pbo found in your Operationflashpoint\Addons folder*

3. Replace Voice.pbo found in your Operationflashpoint\dta folder

4. Run OFP... enjoy.

Notes:

1. I you're running GRAA Mod or any other mod that diables radio chatter you'll need to enable it for this to work.

2. You might want to make a backup of those 2 files in case something f**ks up, though I highly doubt it.

3. If you can think of any other sounds that should be put back in I'm open to suggestions, although not enemy positions as it goes against why I did this. I was thinking about putting the formation files back in as they don't interfere with general troop control.

I would just like to thank Sanc for this Mod. I've recently come back from ArmA after giving up on the state of it and my pcs ability to run it. This mod has got me enthused for OFP once again. Being able to customize it so much is excellent and I think the new 'Gears of War' 3rd person view is fantastic. I am also contemplating an unofficial plugin for GRAA that replaces the vehicles with better community made ones.

Thank you! ....but I was so impatient, I started to do it on my own thumbs-up.gif

This is a great idea you had. I might add it to a replacement pack. Thanks again!

You're not the only person who wanted something like that SamotH. I wanted the swift reaction time of no radio voices but I also wanted to know when friendly AI has been issued or completed an order. So, to that end I replaced 99% of the contents of both Voice.pbo and VoiceRH.pbo with correctly named but empty files.

Now if I (silently) tell my men to move, they respond with 'roger' or 'moving on' and then 'waiting' or 'ready' when they reach their destination. If I have a man on hold fire and tell him to target someone he'll respond with 'ready to fire'. I haven't, however, got it so you can hear enemy position.

That's a very good way you implemented it icon14.gif

I wish BIS would have patched the game so you could have the voice -and- the AI not waiting for each voice file to end before executing an order.

One of the more annoying voice is the report enemy position it is good you have not included it in your modification, as in large scale combat it makes really OFP AI of your squad being a bunch of unresponsive idiot that just ignore your orders while they are busy reporting hundred of enemy they see one by one.

In tank combat it is even worse.

Would you be interested in using my Nogovan Light Infantry addons for Resistance side in your new project

For now in my resistance side i have :

-bis replacement

-mercs (low budget)

-mercs (high budget)

-guerilla

-militia

-private guards/private army

a modern generic unaligned army like your nogovan infantry could fit, but to fit they should use the same base model as every of the other soldiers, not the offtime base model.

So i can't use your infantry, but the idea is a very good one, so i will see what i have in the camo stock that look globally like the one of your soldiers and will give such camo to the base model so there will be a nogovan-like army for the resistance side.

after all that testing i think i understand why u changed some animations.

u want to be able to use the ironsight in almost all stances without having the gun wavering around, right? i didnt noticed that before.

does that mean it is not possible to have a good (more natural - like BIS standard) looking movement of the legs AND a not wavering ironsight view??

That's exactly why i have done the animation like they are.

In OPF unfortunately, there is no 3D ironsight, and so unlike what they did for ArmA with a patch, BIS locked the view to the gun movement.

And when you use a walking animation that has the gun moving smoothly, even if it is just a bit, when using the ironsight during that time it will result in a "shaky camera" movement , making it not only painfull for the eyes, but it is making CQB ridiculous as it is then more easy to fire from the hip than to use ironsight while walking slowly.

Highly unrealistic as it is something that does not exist in reality, your brain compensate for your moves and your eyes focus.

So the only solution i found to avoid both the visual annoyance for the eye, and to make CQB really playable in OFP like it should have been, and like it is in other tactical games that do CQB better than OFP , was to make the gun to never use a wavering pattern built-in the animation itself.

You have to know that OFP feature a variable in the config named "aimPrecision" that can define a coded "wavering" for the gun, so there is a bit of "breathing' simulation when you are aiming.

This variable already existed before i made the walking animations to be CQB friendly, and so not only before my work the animation used a wavering gun, but the aimPrecision was added on top of that, CQB was then a complete joke in OFP.

So by eliminating the animation wavering, i can use the aimPrecision value like it was intended by the OFP code, as you can adjust this value for each animation in the config, making it possible to have different degree of wavering according to the player position or moves, thousand time better solution than having the gun wavering in the animation.

To see what i mean, play OFP without any animation mod (and so use BIS animation, put some enemy AI in a town, and then walk in by using your ironsight.

Once done do the same with the graa modpack. Notice the difference of playability ?

Another point you had to notice about the AI , is that in OFP the AI only know forward walk and backward walk, they NEVER move in diagonal, and they never move by side step. When they need to change their direction, they just rotate on themselves. So basically, there are 6 stand walking and 6 crouch walking animation the AI will never use.

Quote[/b] ] wouldnt care about it so much, if i wouldnt see the slow movement animation on other soldiers, just put a squad in danger mode behaviour, let them stand up and watch them moving > brrr

Now for the leg, the problem is that i don't have any motion capture studios at my home smile_o.gif and so i can't make huma-like animations. The only program i use is OFPAnim , you can try it nd you will then understand why it is difficult to make something not robotic for the leg when walking with a program that is not done for this.

If you can, feel free to share the result smile_o.gif

Then for the torso, there is another reason i made the torso not to be as wavering as some older animation.

This reason is the soldiers models. When i make animation, i try to support as any possible addons as i can, and if you have played OFP with addons, you have certainly noticed that nearly each soldiers in addons have a model that is built differently.

With an animation that has a upper part of the body moving, you will have some addon that will look "normal", but you will have some other addons that will have distorsion between the upper torso and the abdomen zone (just try some walking animation with Hyk soldier, and try the same with Laser soldiers,you will quickly see what i mean when you look at their back).

So for the upper body (torso+abdomen), the robotic feel is a design choice, as i could have made it differently, but that would have made some addons to look really awfull when walking. Something i don't want as i use various different addons myself

Quote[/b] ]because of the fact, that nothing changes when i delete or replace anim.bpo ( i also tested it with and without ENABLE_SANC_ALTSTAN > btw i dont understand what is what and what it does, however i read the description) i deleted sanc_animcr.pbo in addons folder, just to see what happens. bingo!! thats it!! now when i try some moves, the soldier stands in middle of ground doing nothing.

Indeed , most of the "additional" or animation that are linked to the option system of the graa modpack can be found in the sanc_animcr.pbo , so it is inside of that pbo that you must change some animation by other ones if you don't like them, when those animations are part of the additional/optional system of the mod.

Here are some work in progress (on the todo list is : lowering some detail polycount that i could have forgot, lowering some textures res that i could have forgot too, adding armpatches corresponding to each corps etc...)

click on the links for screenshots

**** CWC 85 troops*******

USA side

Soviet side

Resistance side

for the other troops :

******Resistance sided*******

Everon Alliance Army

Woodland Guerilla

Woodland Militia

Mercenaries (high budget)

Mercenaries (low budget)

Private guards

******East sided******

RU Motorised Infantry

RU Naval Infantry

RU Naval Spetsnaz

RU GRU Spetsnaz

RU MVD Omon

RU MVD Vityaz

RU VDV paratroopers

******West sided*****

US Army

US Marines

US Force Recon

US Black Operations

US Devgru

US Delta Forces

US Airborne Rangers

All the models are using Hyakushiki soldier model as a basis, some bits from Williec too, most of the textures are from WytchDokta (massacred by me smile_o.gif ), some are from Google , most woodland US are from Hyakushiki (used in GRAA and previous similar mods), and snipers textures are from Laser/RHS (used in GRAA and previous similar mods).

wow thats a very detailed answer, thank u

i already thought that animation is complex and difficult, and i bet this is just a small part of the whole thing...

so thank u for sharing ur knowledge with me and others.

i will try to merge 3 anim.pbo`s, your graa, the one included in wgl and i want one animation that i know from FFUR, the one when running and going prone, the soldier does a jump into cover.

wgl has the nice looking leg animation AND the not shaking ironsight view, and all other animations r nice too, i just miss ur AT extra animations

the problem is, that i dont know what filenames belong to the certain animations (in anim.pbo and sancanim_cr.pbo)

i want to keep all animations from wgl and include ur extra animations (running/ walking with AT, go prone with AT, evtl running crouched if it fits to rest)and the jump animation from ffur.

is there a complete list of the names of the animantions? (maybe an allover FAQ to ofp animation- so that i dont need to bore u with questions any more?)

and another thing that might cause problmes, the default walking/ running speed in wgl is slower than normal, and the animations do also look like that. is it important to take care about that?

So for the upper body (torso+abdomen), the robotic feel is a design choice, as i could have made it differently, but that would have made some addons to look really awfull when walking.

concerning the upper body animation, i didnt even noticed that its different to others and it looks good thumbs-up.gif i have no robotic feel there smile_o.gif

btw i cant find ENABLE_HD_BATTLE in config.cpp for graa3full ecp, or graalight, does this setting interfere with ecp?

the same with ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND, cant find it in ANY config.cpp included in graa, although its in option_list.txt

thanks again

stYler

wow thats a very detailed answer, thank u

i already thought that animation is complex and difficult, and i bet this is just a small part of the whole thing...

so thank u for sharing ur knowledge with me and others.

i will try to merge 3 anim.pbo`s, your graa, the one included in wgl and i want one animation that i know from FFUR, the one when running and going prone, the soldier does a jump into cover.

wgl has the nice looking leg animation AND the not shaking ironsight view, and all other animations r nice too, i just miss ur AT extra animations

The reason i remade the walking animation is the hand position.

For me what is important is more the 1st person view than the external view.

With the walking anims i reworked for WGL, i was not satisfied with the hand positions in 1st person view, and as i was unable to modifiy them on this existing anims in a satisfying way, i had to redo them all.

Quote[/b] ]

the problem is, that i dont know what filenames belong to the certain animations (in anim.pbo and sancanim_cr.pbo)

i want to keep all animations from wgl and include ur extra animations (running/ walking with AT, go prone with AT, evtl running crouched if it fits to rest)and the jump animation from ffur.

is there a complete list of the names of the animantions? (maybe an allover FAQ to ofp animation- so that i dont need to bore u with questions any more?)

I don't have the global list, but when you are trying to find my additional animations , open the original graa 3 config.cpp, then 1st look for :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMovesMC

Once you are there, look for the character :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> #

This way you should find every of my modifications on the animations definitions (there is a lot).

Maybe there is an easier way, but i have not thought about it.

Quote[/b] ]btw i cant find ENABLE_HD_BATTLE in config.cpp for graa3full ecp, or graalight, does this setting interfere with ecp?

the same with ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND, cant find it in ANY config.cpp included in graa, although its in option_list.txt

ENABLE_HD_BATTLE is not included in the ecp version of the config because i don't know all the modification the ecp team could have done to ballistics in their scripts, and so i couldn't just put this option without disrupting something in the way ecp works.

ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND is not included in the ecp version because there is already a sound option in ecp allowing you to use BIS (or any replacement sound.pbo) sounds and dynamic range sounds.

And as i don't have the knowledge on how to implement 3 choices by using the #ifdef and #ifndef config system, the map sounds were not implemented in ecp.

ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND is included in the default graa 3 config, i just checked.

Wow, CWC troops look good. Can't wait for a non-modern replacement pack with the latest and greatest scripting stuff.

Only nitpick: most pics I've seen of guys wearing the Y-harness over the PASGT have the shoulder straps threaded underneath the shoulder padding of the vest, rather than over the top of the whole thing as in your pic:

Clicky

Feel free to ignore this trivial point, but IIRC it's that way on HYK's original textures and models.

Awsome! I really like the fact that we'll have so many different divisions of units yet all sharing appropriate model/texture similarities. Have/would/could you consider implementing bn880' tracers into GRAA? Just curious. Keep up the good work.

This looks like a great mod! Great work!

I was wondering ... why only USA & RUSSIA troops. A lot of addons have been released covering other country's armies. You could add some more to make coop operations.

OR.. why have specific countries and not generic forces. Like the blue force and op force of vbs1.

Anyway will be waiting for the release

Quote[/b] ]Only nitpick: most pics I've seen of guys wearing the Y-harness over the PASGT have the shoulder straps threaded underneath the shoulder padding of the vest, rather than over the top of the whole thing as in your pic:

I think i can do that by just modifying the textures, as i am not willing to increase the face count to add extra shoulder straps.

Hopefully should be easy.

Quote[/b] ]Have/would/could you consider implementing bn880' tracers into GRAA? Just curious. Keep up the good work.

As an option it should be possible and easy to implement, i will see if it can be done in a reasonnable way without conflicting with other ideas i have.

Quote[/b] ]

I was wondering ... why only USA & RUSSIA troops.

That's a very good idea.

But for visual coherency i am using a base model for every soldiers, and so i can't use already released addons for other coutnry, i would be forced to rework the base model to "look like" the other country soldiers.

And so unfortunately as i am working alone on this, i can't do that much in the part of my free time i am willing to use for this project.

I already have to make desert version of each of the units already present, and this is giving me nightmares biggrin_o.gif

I will see once everything is finished, if i am not bored enough with this, but don't hold your breath as the odds are very unlikely.

i found ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND, me blind sorry sad_o.gif

when i have the time i try merging the anim.pbo`s, when im satisfied with the outcome i let u know

btw im looking forward to the new mod, looks great,

will it replace graa3? because i like the Hyakushiki Woodland BDU units very much, would be nice to have them as an option to choose

Quote[/b] ]will it replace graa3? because i like the Hyakushiki Woodland BDU units very much, would be nice to have them as an option to choose

This new modpack will not be about only animation/replacement/options like the graa mod is, the goal is different this time as it is to offer various army corps for the 3 sides.

And so as the ongoing project is not an upgrade of the graa modpack or a new version of it, it will have a different name and purpose.

Quote[/b] ]it is to offer various army corps for the 3 sides

Could you elaborate a little?

I (and probably quite a few others too) would really like units that would be similiar to the original RES in looks but with good quality models and textures and with the original face textures.

Look for the message posted on the 8 of September that has links to each army corps that i have currently (well, that i had in that time, as i there is a bit more now smile_o.gif ) , that may be a better indication on what i am trying to do.

Hehe, I'm such a dumbass. These guys are pretty much what I was after, minus the vests and perhaps a little more brownish camo.

Looking great. Must be a ton of work making all those models, textures and their lods crazy_o.gif

And so as the ongoing project is not an upgrade of the graa modpack or a new version of it, it will have a different name and purpose.

confused_o.gif ... I'm still confused. I get what your doing with the whole uniform look for all divisions on all sides thing but perhaps you could elaborate on what this 'different purpose' is.

Main difference is that it is not a replacement modpack, as unlike graa you will not have choices between those different army corps to replace bis units.

Options system will not be present in that mod, as values and animations will be standardised so i can get the mod gameplay to follow the way i envision it to be.

Another important difference is that it will be a mod of its own.

That means that primarly because i will try to implement CAVS and some other ideas regarding ballistics and AI, you will not be able to play the BIS campaigns/mission correctly anymore like you could with the graa project.

And so because the different ballistics, AI and armor system will make the gameplay different, as a single law/rpg soldiers will never be able to destroy a MBT anymore all by himself like it was the case with BIS funny values, AI will engage more easily and from longer range (like a human player can do and that the BIS AI can't) breaking BIS missions triggers.

Sounds grand in scale. You're extremely ambitious to attemp such a mod solo but given your work on GRAA I expect you'll pull it off. Will any work continue on GRAA or has the final version already been released? Also, because I like what you're doing with defining the various divisions, would someone .ccp capable be able to implement your cfg groups definitions into GRAA? Either way... good shit!

edit: Given the implementation of CAVS (which to my knowledge covers armour/AT/penetration values & vehicle weapons) will there be JAM or your own balanced equivalent present for small arms?

A part of the plan, once i am finished with the mod itself, is to create an alternative pbo (it will contains only a config) that will enable the user to be able to take the unit pbo and put it into another mod addon folder.

So basically this pbo will enable you to use those units in other mods.

But that config pbo will not use my own standard values for the AI/ballistic/armors, but will inherit the main config of the mod ones, so they will be compatible with those mods own values.

JAM values should be used only for the weaponry damages (not for rocket launchers) so every weapons will keep coherency with other regarding that, but the project will not require JAM as a download.

Ranges will be my own values to get the AI engage from longer ranges, as i am trying to get them able to fire like the player can and do.

Here are a few of the updates and new things i am working on :

a russian naval infantry soldier in the vsr camo, next 2 motorised infantry troops in a "flora-like" camo

222jk5.jpg

after lots of trial and errors, finally succeeded in getting the color tone of the '85 res camo right :

klklzr1.jpg

Now the 2 fictional armies that will come resistance sided :

Nogova United infantry soldier , in his swedish-like camo (camo selected because it looks really nice in the specific color tone of the Nogova island)

clipboard02xc0.jpg

and the Everon Alliance infantry soldier , in his belgian-like camo (i selected this camo as it looks similar to the old swiss camo they had during the CWC events, and so could be viewed as a modern evolution for their now free nation army)

clipboard01ru3.jpg

They look very good and I look forward to you're release.

Can I ask , is it possible to use the sounds from the excellent ffur mod by TB, with you're mod?

Jeff