Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

dont know if its my computer or what but the Radio talk is on its enabled. but its not saying anything on gameplay? whats wrong?

Quote[/b] ]dont know if its my computer or what but the Radio talk is on its enabled. but its not saying anything on gameplay? whats wrong?

You play with the ECP version if i remember well your other thread.

In that case just add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define ENABLE_RADIO_VOICES

in the beginning of the config.cpp to enable the radio voices, i believe i forgot to add that line in the ecp version of the GRAA config.

So if that line is not added, the game consider that the radio voices are disabled, it is exactly the same as if you put // in front of such line.

Quote[/b] ]Can you replace the civilians with better ones like Cameron McDonald's pack?

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....k;72052

Or give me some link to learn how to replace models myself, please

The 1st and 2nd GRAA modpack had the civilians replaced by several from Cameron Mc Donald pack.

But after replaying the CWC and Resistance campaigns when beta testing later GRAA versions, i felt those replacements did not fit as well as i thought at first, so i went to modify BIS civilians by giving them the new head model instead and prefered the result.

To get those models back, unpbo the graa_units.pbo of the 1st or 2nd version of the GRAA modpack

link to GRAA 2.0

Get the civilians p3d and their textures (i don't remember the name of their texture folder, but i guess it should be obvious).

Then unpbo the graa_units.pbo from the latest GRAA modpack, rename the CameronMcDonald civilians p3d to match the GRAA BIS modified ones and put the older civilians texture folder in there too.

That should do the trick

tried and failed on both ECP GRAA and GRAA its self must mean my computer cant understand it

Amazing mod, enjoying it very much. Ability to change the mod, stand-up RPG firing, new 3rd person, roll/lean animations, lag-free, nicest addons for look and compatibility are few of the things that I especially liked.

You've got me replaying all my completed missions with this mod...

Great job!

Using this GRAA and ECP together is amazing. This makes the missions the best I have experienced so far!

And besides, I had 0 crashed in crCTI games I played single player.

Great work !

Quote[/b] ]Great job!
Quote[/b] ]Great work !

What they said... biggrin_o.gif

Well done, sanctuary!

the only problem i have is: I cant stand the old 3rd person view anymore. Is there a (easy) way to implement the new one in mods that come with their own config (like VtE, FFur etc.)?

Open the config of the mod you want to implement the 3rd person view.

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Man:Land

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Man: Land

as depending of the mod config there can be a space between : and Land or not.

scroll down a bit and you will find the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]=......

by default it is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

but those values can change according to what the modder did.

Replace that line by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

And that's it , you now use the same 3rd person view as in the graa modpack when you use the option for it.

Wow, thats what i call a fast response biggrin_o.gif

thanks a lot, sanctuary!

EDIT: Works like a charm, the new 3rd person view in vte rocks, much more intense ^^

I just got the mod and finished installing it when...I try to run it and the textures are completely screwed up. Kinda like when you have a conflict with addons. huh.gif

I'll try to post a screenshot of what it looks like in a few minutes.

EDIT: Fixed it, I just had to add -NOMAP to the shortcut wink_o.gif

clipboard01kr7.jpg

Very early WIP of something bigger than the simple update i planned to make for the GRAA modpacks.

That new project will take long to complete as i am always alone on this, so don't hold your breath, but it will come when it will be ready.

The model is always based on the awesome player model made by Hyakushiki in his last OFP release.

(textures originally made by the camo texture master WytchDokta, used with his permission)

This is just great. I`d never expect you to relase another modpak. What about resistance soldiers and their equipment are you planning to update them too ?

The mod project will not be a replacement mod, even if the default soldiers will be replaced so they can fit along the other planned units, it is not the point.

In my idea, i would like to have several armies groups and corps available, so even if OFP mission making community is now smaller than ever, you will be able to make mission editor firefights with different army corps without having to use other addons, allowing a lot of diversity.

As in my idea, all models should have a visual coherency with each other, so there is only 1 base model that is used to build every units for the mod , in the screenshot you can already see that, even the swiss camoed resistance soldier is using the same model than the other.

To avoid framerate problem every soldier models and textures will be very optimised so even more than with the GRAA modpack 3 large scale battles will be possible wiithout being annoyed by framerate drops.

Consequence is if someone is looking for higher res textures or very detailled polygons, he will not be interested by this mod.

In my project currently there will be :

For the west side

-BIS units replaced (will be a woodland)

-US army (regular acu inf)

-US marines (usmc, force recon)

-US special operations (rangers, delta..)

For the east side, the equivalent :

-BIS replaced units (you can see the soldier in the middle of the screenshot)

-RU army (motorised inf)

-RU naval infantry

-RU special operations (spetsnaz, vdv, etc...)

For the resistance side :

-BIS replaced units (you can see the new one in the screenshot)

-Generic guerilla

-Generic mercs/pmc/hired guns groups

-Generic insurgency

All of this should come with models and camo appropriated to the group they are a part of.

And hopefully their weapon will be suiting their group.

Vehicles , i strongly doubt there will be any new ones though, but we will see once all the soldiers army corps are done.

Possibly, and i would really like to complete this, those soldiers should be available in woodland and desert variation of their camo. If i do not lose interest an artic version would be a part of this too.

Hopefully i should finish the animation pack and it will be a part of this, maybe with even more extra anims than in the GRAA modpack.

Time will tell.

Anyways, there is a very lot of work to do, very few of my free time available for it, so it will be slow to reach completion. But as i am not interested in ArmA, it will be completed.

Great work on the animations, grenade, AT and gundown features you did here Sanctuary. Those features really makes GRAA a must have addon for OFP.

I was wondering, would it be possible to have a GRAA light version that works with ECP?

Unfortunately I feel sad that you won't persue with BIS head with the next version of GRAA as there a many, many great older addons like BMI's International Black Ops and Safetycatch's Marines etc. that use the older heads.

But I know changing the Hyk models to BIS heads is a pain in the rear.

Thanks for the awsome addon! xmas_o.gif

I was wondering, would it be possible to have a GRAA light version that works with ECP?

No, sorry there is no such version, and i don't have the time to make one, being more interested in working on my current project.

Unfortunately I feel sad that you won't persue with BIS head with the next version of GRAA

I think you should give a closer look to the previous wip screenshot, you should then feel a lot less sad wink_o.gif

Alright, cool. The reason I wanted a light version for ecp was because I like to use period equipment (IE '80s stuff) and wanted to go fresh in editing the config without any of the model changes to modern stuff.

Looks like i'll just compare text the ecp original config vs. yours and see the changes and additions you did. It dosn't look too bad as it seems like you did very, very good job on house keeping the changes with the comment lines. smile_o.gif

Well, until the next version where I'll have to start the dance all over again. crazy_o.gif

I am very glad there are a few A+ modders like you still playing around with OFP. yay.gif

:EDIT: Wow, holy cow. I give you mad props! The amount of work you did in GRAA for the animation updates you did compared to the previous sets is a huge load! Thats an insane amount of work. crazy_o.gif

hi

thank u sanctuary for this great mod, that was exactly what i was looking for

im quite new to ofp (well i played the cwc campaign 6 years ago on a pentium2 400, but thats all) and i can just imagine how much work this mod is notworthy.gif , to bad that arma is pushing ofp into background, now that ofp is granting so much possibilities with the thousands of addons out there. there r addons and scripts for everything. if some1 is willing to put his favorite pieces together he can create his own world like a movie director or a writer... well i think thats no news for u wink_o.gif

i have a few questions concerning graa

i really like the animations u did, except the strafing and slow walking animations, i dont know if the animations that i have with graa r really meant to be that way (perhaps i installed something wrong). i can hardly imagine that u wanted to look the animations like that, because in the comparison to the other animations they look really uhm sh... crazy_o.gif

when im moving to the side (just left and right) in normal speed or moving slow in all directions crouched or standing, it looks like a robot doing mechanical steps. with ur new 3rd person camera ( what i really like thumbs-up.gif ) its not that bad because u can hardly see the legs, but i can still see it on other soldiers. i like the standard bis animations for that moves much more, or more better, the animations from wgl mod (the slow walking forward animation). to cut a long story short...

r the animations meant like that or is something wrong with my config? and how can i change that? can i include the wanted standard bis animations? (this thread already had this topic but i need to change more than just 2 animations ??) or might it even be possible to use the animations from wgl ?

i have more questions but thats enough for now...

thanks in advance

greez

stYler

p.s. @Pajama im also interested in a GRAAlight+ECP config.

atm im playing Dynamic Afgahnistan - DELTA FORCE ADDON HEAVY, and i wanna use it with ecp and graa, but i cant use graa_mod3 full because of LSRs DeRa headmodels. when i understood right i have to compare the standard @ECP\bin\config.cpp with @GRAAbase\GRAA light config\config.cpp, cut out the changes from graalight cfg and paste it in ECP cfg? as i have no idea of editing and scripting and the things written in config.cpp, and perhaps u already merged that 2 configs, may i ask if u can share it with me?

if not i try myself and give it to u when i succeed

so far...

p.s.s. i dont know if my english is always correct, some expressions might not fit.. i try as good as i can... smile_o.gif

The name of the stand walking animations are :

schuze0l.rtm (walk forward)

schuze180l.rtm (walk backward)

schuze45l.rtm (walk forward-right)

schuze-45l.rtm (walk forward-left)

schuze135l.rtm (walk backward-right)

schuze-135l.rtm (walk backward-left)

So all you need is to take the animations from an Anim.pbo you like and replace them in the Anim.pbo from the graa modpack.

Some news about my current project :

For now the models, all being based on Hyakushiki model that i tweaked to get rid of extra details and put the polycount down for performance (my goal is no more than 2000 faces each), their textures (all are 256 sized for performance) based on the excellent WytchDokta camo pack for GR and each of their wounds are nearly done for :

USA side :

-BIS 1985 replacement

-US Army

-US Marines

-US Force Recon

-US Airborne Rangers

-US Delta

-US Devgru

-US Black Operations

Russian side :

-BIS 1985 replacement

-RU Motorized

-RU Naval

-RU Naval spetsnaz

-RU VDV paratroopers

-RU Gru spetsnaz

-RU MVD Vityaz

-RU MVD Omon

I think that is an extensive and good enough corps choice for the US and RU side to allow most of the possible missions.

For the Res side :

-BIS 1985 replacement

-woodland militia

-woodland organised guerilla

-woodland mercenary (higher budget)

-woodland mercenary (lower budget)

The us and ru groups are complete, but for the res groups, i may put one or two more.

Trailer shot with some of the models (in total there is currently 47 models) so you can see what the project is all about :

rrrrcu9.jpg

you can see from left to right

US DEVGRU unit

US Black Operation unit

Res Mercs (Low tech) unit

RU Naval Spetsnaz unit

RU MVD OMON unit

RU GRU Spetsnaz unit

US Army unit

RU MVD Vityaz.

Not all of those are finished (need to add the patches corresponding to the army corps they are into) and modify a thing or two.

As said, the mod will not be for photography thread, as there is nothing hires and hipoly or very detailled, the models may not be true to the details of their real life counterpart (Laser, RHS and ORCS are what to look for realistic gears).

But the mod is all about playability , performance and diversity (as i am trying to get each army corpse being visually "unique").

The goal is to have big scale battles with combined army corps without having framerate going to be unplayable.

Lots of work ahead, and so is currently far away from being ready

Sounds great Sanctuary, I've always wanted to have large scale battles in OFP but every other addon has brought huge lag so I had to restrict myself to small engagements. Plus with the different units represented I can have some diversity as well.

Will this new GRAA mod have the same features that the previous ones had? Anims, different config options etc?

For now it is too early to say for the features as i have not begun any work or plan about them.

I am hoping once finished to have an additional pbo to allow those units to be used standalone in other mods.

There will be animations tailored for those units as i have started some work about them.

p.s. @Pajama im also interested in a GRAAlight+ECP config.

atm im playing Dynamic Afgahnistan - DELTA FORCE ADDON HEAVY, and i wanna use it with ecp and graa, but i cant use graa_mod3 full because of LSRs DeRa headmodels. when i understood right i have to compare the standard @ECP\bin\config.cpp with @GRAAbase\GRAA light config\config.cpp, cut out the changes from graalight cfg and paste it in ECP cfg? as i have no idea of editing and scripting and the things written in config.cpp, and perhaps u already merged that 2 configs, may i ask if u can share it with me?

if not i try myself and give it to u when i succeed

so far...

p.s.s. i dont know if my english is always correct, some expressions might not fit.. i try as good as i can... smile_o.gif

Styler:

Sent you a pm for the file link. What you'll pretty much get is all graa3.0+ecp1.085 light animation, sound and gameplay but with no weapon and soldier/civ replacement (all original bis/ecp stuff).

Sanctuary:

The SEAL and hooded GRU looks great!

It'll be intresting to see what new features you have planned for the new pack.

BTW in all GRAA3.0 versions (except for light) I noticed that the face wound/dammage textures (on llauma's heads) don't appear when shot at. I've tried messing with both the class CfgModels and wounds[]= but no to no avail. i'm starting to suspect that this might be a issue with full featured config.cpp files perhaps?

Thank you.

In the config i removed the face wound definition i added during my beta because it was simply not working at all, so no need to clutter the config with textures that are never used.

But in fact it is an issue with the models , i figured out this way too late after release that for OFP to apply wounds on the face, the wounds[]=... section was not the only factor.

In fact you have to build your model with the default face in Oxygen being linked to a face texture located in the original BIS Data.pbo .

If you link this default face texture to a custom face in whatever.pbo , OFP will never display automatically a face wound, as it will ignore your wounds[]=... section regarding the face wounds you want to define there.

So until the next project, that work correctly with face wounds, you will have to get used with no face wound texture unfortunately when using the graa modpack.

thank u pajama , now i have graalight + ecp + bas + all other addons needed for dynamic afgahn addon-heavy mission running and i have no problems so far....

thank u for the names of the animations sanctuary, the next days i will see what im able to achieve, or not

i already tried the anim.pbo from wgl instead of yours from graafull3 but nothing changed ? i still had ur animations, i am confused, how is that possible huh.gif i must have overseen something in the addon chaos...