Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

I've slowly become a fan of GRAA, and reading through this topic was an experience. I've been frustrated with the Llama heads in GRAA 3.0 and I've been trying to find a way that both Llama head and BIS head use correct faces, which I've of course not been able to do. Reading through this topic was much like watching a Hitchcock film. The suspense about finding out if Llama heads were gonna be in 4.0 was intense. First you announce 4.0, then I here about how it's too much work to include llama heads, further reading an image is posted that looks like BIS head, and finally the truth is out! BIS heads it is!

I'm waiting for GRAA 4.0, Thanks for your effort.

Hi, folks,

I'm more or less new to OFP and have been having a great time checking out the mods available. I've noticed on YouTube videos of ECP+GRAA and have been trying to get that set up. I am having a problem with GRAA setup (sort of. . .) and have not found it discussed in this thread, so here goes:

When I try to install the BIS Camel addon (Filefront's file), the installation halts, saying that my version of OFP prohibits the install (it's trying to patch to 1.91, when I already have 1.96).

When I try to install the msi file from the flashpoint1985 site, I get an error that implies that my copy of OFP is not official (it is, GOTY).

Any help will be appreciated - thanks!

Download the BISCamel.rar archive from

http://files.filefront.com/BISCamelrar/;9800771;/fileinfo.html

Inside of the BISCamel.rar archive (open with winzip/winrar/winace/7zip/etc...) there is the BISCamel.pbo so you don't need any kind of installer, just extract it.

Then once you have extracted it, just put this BISCamel.pbo file in

...\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Res\AddOns\

And you should be ready.

Thanks, Sanctuary! That did the trick. I'm looking forward to using your mod!

hows the progress on GRAA 4.0 ?

Currently busy helping the WH40K with anims and optimisations, so my unnamed project is for now on hold.

Once i will be finished with WH40K i will continue the work on my unnamed project.

As an avid user of Sanctuary's GRAA mod and animations I have found it rather difficult to use the lean anims. This is because I have to press the 'A' key and the left arrow key to get the lean function to work. This means I have to take my hand off the mouse and thus aiming and firing becomes rather difficult.

How would I change the keys to use the lean anims?

Quote[/b] ]I have found it rather difficult to use the lean anims. This is because I have to press the 'A' key and the left arrow key to get the lean function to work.

Strange, my default key bind for the lean is A+LEFT SHIFT and D+LEFT SHIFT. Those are very natural feeling. Indeed if you have to do a contortion that takes your hand of the mouse, better not to use lean fonction at all.

As we can't add keys functions in OFP, the only way to support leaning/rolling was to replace existing animations.

So the animation we replaced here are the ones that occurs when you press the turbo/sprint key + left/right in the 3 stances (stand, crouch, lying).

I don't think there is a better way to implement the leaning.

Very early, before locke@germany came with the idea of using turbo+direction, i tried to replace the back/left and back/right direction by the leaning.

It worked, but it was a lot more practical and gameplay-interesting to use the turbo+direction idea.

So the only advice i can say is to bind the turbo key to a place that is near to the direction key you are using, as it is the most user-friendly way.

As you use the arrows to move, binding the turbo/sprint key to SHIFT will make leaning/rolling a lot easier.

Sanctuary, it would be of great help if I knew which .rtm file controls strafe aim dispersion. Meaning the sway in the optics of weapons when strafing. I very much like the one in GRAA 3.0, and would like to make it so in VTE and FDF without modifying the rest of the animations if possible. If you could explain what makes the sway happen or the system behind it that would be very nice also.

Man I can't wait till GRAA 4.0. I'm working on some things of my own, if by chance I get them finished before GRAA 4.0 I'd be willing to send you the stuff to include them in 4.0 with the ability to enable/disable them.

Thanks.

In the Anim.pbo the left/right move .rtm are :

running left/right

sbeh90l.rtm and sbeh-90l.rtm

walking left/right

schuze90l.rtm and schuze-90l.rtm

for GRAA 3.0 there are additional .rtm for crouch walking left/right that are located in the sanc_animcr.pbo

crouchwalk90.rtm and crouchwalk-90.rtm

Weapon "wavering" that are not built-in the rtm files are managed by the variable aimPrecision=.... inside of an animation class.

The higher the value, the more "jumpy" the weapon will be.

EDIT : there will not be a GRAA 4.0 , the project i am working on since lot of time has nothing in common with the GRAA modpack serie, will not have configuration options, and so will not be a follow up of GRAA 3.0

Okay, it's gonna be better than GRAA 3.0 right?

Hello Sanc, I have a question regarding GRAA combination with ECP. Problem is that I can`t hear any of new sound (explosions and shots) from ECP replacement - I get only vanilla OFP sound instead of new ones. Once I`ve done everything (following the instruction from readme) and everything works but this minor sound flaw. What should I do to fix it.

I`m interested in launching ECP+GRAA with Tonal Redux is this combination possible or not ? ECP + Redux works fine, I`ve never tried with GRAA though.

Not a graa option, but it is an ecp option that allow you to use the BIS sounds (or any Sound.pbo replacement) , or the dynamic range sound from satchel (those new sound you are talking about).

By default, it is the BIS sound that are enabled, to disable them and enable the dynamic range ones, in the ECP/GRAA config.cpp , look for this :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//ORIGINAL

#include "Sound.h"

//DYNAMIC RANGE - requires DR addons!

//#include "Sound_dr.h"

remove the // from thedynamic range include , and add // in the original include

So it looks like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//ORIGINAL

//#include "Sound.h"

//DYNAMIC RANGE - requires DR addons!

#include "Sound_dr.h"

And you should have the dynamic range sound instead of BIS ones.

There should be no problem running graa/ecp and tonal redux in the same time, the tonal redux units have their own heads and face textures and should be compatible with the graa animations.

As we can't add keys functions in OFP, the only way to support leaning/rolling was to replace existing animations.

So the animation we replaced here are the ones that occurs when you press the turbo/sprint key + left/right in the 3 stances (stand, crouch, lying).

I don't think there is a better way to implement the leaning.

Very early, before locke@germany came with the idea of using turbo+direction, i tried to replace the back/left and back/right direction by the leaning.

It worked, but it was a lot more practical and gameplay-interesting to use the turbo+direction idea.

So the only advice i can say is to bind the turbo key to a place that is near to the direction key you are using, as it is the most user-friendly way.

As you use the arrows to move, binding the turbo/sprint key to SHIFT will make leaning/rolling a lot easier.

why don't you use the lean anim from csla (locke anims). shift+d, shift+q. this is really easy to use it. smile_o.gif

Have you tried the GRAA modpack ?

Because since the 1st version of the modpack i am using the locke@germany config system for the leaning and rolling (CSLA2 used lock@germany config system too).

"turbo/sprint key + direction" (and apparently in the case of your key binding, it is shift +q and shift +d already).

Basically, it means the animation that is played by

"turbo/sprint key + direction" is replaced by leaning and rolling animations.

Is it possible to get the leaning to work in multiplayer with a linux server? I've tried numerous things and have failed.

My knowledge about linux is near the absolute zero.

But what i know is that if you want a mod that has such config modification, the server must have the mod installed , and the players joining the server must have the mod too.

and even more important , the server and the players must have the same exact config.

Now in the case of the GRAA mod 3 , there is a "MP Config folder" in the @GRAA directory that should enable MP without a problem.

Inside you have 2 subfolders.

-the first is named "Client Only"

This one is for people joining server that DOES NOT feature the GRAA modpack on the server and running it.

Basically it is a stripped down version of my mod that does not feature any non-BIS animations (so there is no leaning, rolling etc..), does not feature any extra, this way it is just a mod that just replace the soldiers and weapon model and nothing more to keep compatibility with vanilla servers.

To install, delete both the config.cpp and the ressource.cpp from the @GRAA\Bin\ folder

And then put the CONFIG.BIN and RESSOURCE.BIN in their place.

This must not be installed on a server; there is no point in installing that at all, it is just client graphic enhancements nothing more.

-the second subfolder is named "Client + Server"

Now this one is for people that want to install GRAA3 on their servers. But, very important, it is what the player joining such server -must- use too, they must NOT use the "Client only" configs.

It is my basically the GRAA mod with -forced- (so none joining has different ones that could lead to incompatibilities) options and all the extra and animations are present (so there is leaning, rolling etc..).

To install, both on server and on the players/clients you will have to delete both the config.cpp and the ressource.cpp from the @GRAA\Bin\ folder

And then put the CONFIG.BIN and RESSOURCE.BIN in their place.

So try to use the CONFIG.BIN and RESSOURCE.BIN from this "Client+Server" folder (remove the default @graa\bin\ CONFIG.CPP and RESSOURCE.CPP)

for both your linux server and be sure that the clients joining your server use the same exact CONFIG.BIN and RESSOURCE.BIN and have deleted the default @graa\bin\ CONFIG.CPP and RESSOURCE.CPP

I wanted to say thanks for your work on a great and simple to use mod! I had alot of trouble with some others. GRAA is just what I was looking for! smile_o.gif

Heej Sanctuary,

I really enjoyed the older GRAA versions (like many others)

But you have proberly a dozen of "special" models on your HD.

Will you release some units as "stand-alone"?

Like:

ogbqt5.jpg

These are part of a project i am not finished with yet.

The plan is to have :

-a mini mod with specific animations that will be made specifically for thosee soldiers and will feature its own gameplay

-the soldiers will be addons but not linked to the mini mod, that mean they will be able to be used standalone with any mods or even without any mods.

-a modder ressource package with all the models in MLOD format.

Along it there will be texture guides for people wanting to retexture them and the bunch of camo swatches i painted by hand using WytchDokta camos as a template and the wrinkles ready to be merged with it to give more "cloth"-like appearance to the textures.

All in their original tga format.

example in jpg (so the texture is degraded on those in the example, but the tga that will be in the package will remain clean of jpg artifacts) :

the swatch :

greentigerszn6.jpg

the wrinkles (built by Macser using the Wildcats ones as a template):

wrinklesfd9.jpg

once both are merged , the result :

mergpo3.jpg

Hopefully, it should turn very good for anyone wanting to build their own soldiers, as the mlods will be very optimised for the OFP engine (they are low poly and they have very few textures by soldiers) to allow big battles without performance drop.

Hey, does anyone know if I could edit the config for the resistance soldiers in order to use a resistance soldier model that I like?

I know in the config you can choose between two, but im just curious same for the east units.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.