Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

If the FFUR sounds are a replacement Sound.pbo , you can use it with the GRAA modpack.

To do this, take the custom Sound.pbo of the mod Dta folder of your choice and put it in the Dta folder of the @GRAA mod folder.

Once done, be sure that the option ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND is disabled (or the weapon sound from the Sound.pbo will be ignored).

Notice that if you want to use any other replacement Sound.pbo , the process is the same , just disable the option ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND in the GRAA config.cpp and put the custom Sound.pbo in the Dta subfolder of the main @GRAA mod folder.

If the FFUR sounds are not a replacement Sound.pbo , replacing the sound will take you much more longer time : only by editing the main GRAA config.cpp to replace each lines related to the sounds by what they are in the FFUR config you will have the same sounds as in the FFUR mod.

really nice replacement mod. with a very impressive list of options that really changes the gameplay. having alot of fun with it.

Would it be possible to do anims to match the landwarrior style gun camera system? ie, press a certain combination of keys and you reach out with your gun in that direction.

Very nice to see other people still modding for OFP. I like this mod very much, you're doing a helluva job here! Great work. smile_o.gif

I downloaded your pack, the faces and I'm using it with SLX and ECP mods but I think the ECP mod isn't loaded when I start OPF. I used your config.cpp files for these mods but I'm not sure the ECP is loaded...

I'm using

High_Res_Islands+DMA+ECP+GRAA+SLX...there's an incompatibility with ECP and SLX or all mods are loaded?

When you download the GRAA modpack , there is a config to enable ECP+GRAA modpack.

So by default there is no config for having ECP+GRAA+SLX in the same time, only for ECP+GRAA (or GRAA alone).

Someone made a config to have ECP+GRAA+SLX, but i have no idea if it works correctly, as it is unsupported.

I notice you say you use DMA, but what is that DMA mod you are talking about ?

If you refer to the DMA lean mod, don't use it as it will only conflict with the GRAA+ECP config.

Remember that even if you use several mods in the same time, only 1 main config will be used.

DMA=Animation pack

the ECP and GRAA don't changes the weapons fire rate (single, burst, auto: for example, the ak47 with these mods has single, burst and auto modes but the burst mode, in the reality, it hasn't).

sad_o.gif I will play with SLX mod...I'm sorry I'd rather the ECP.

Maybe you don't need it but I would like to express my support to all your work and basically just state very clear that there are many people still enjoying OPF with or without mods. I'm passing on Arma too, so it's all OPF for me as long as this type of game goes. So thanks you and keep modding OPF thumbs-up.gif

Cheers.

PS: I know you're not into that, but I would really enjoy a simple replacement pack for the original BIS vehicles, for unfortunately I don't have the time nor the talent for making my own.

Sanc. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Very nice stuff, the res side army soldiers are brilliant. Is there any kind of release date for the next release. I lost track of this topic for awhile but found it and downloaded it again, so im up to speed with v3.0 and the extra packs, waiting on the next release.

P.S I would like to thank you again for your support with O2, really got the jist of it thanks to you.

Unfortunately i can't give even an approximate release date for the simple reason that there is always a lot of work to do, and i can't see the end of it.

Currently i think the woodland guys are now nearly finished, just need to tweak here and there and fix minor problems or redo some that are beyond hope.

Work has begun on the desert version of all those troops.

ghghjvo1.jpg

gfkfhjli5.jpg

Then once eventually i will have the troops really finished, there will be weaponry, animations, and multiple config works to complete. That's already a nightmare just thinking about it biggrin_o.gif

Vehicles replacements are not planned, this is not a replacement mod, there are already several mods like that.

But on my project i would have liked to get additional vehicles to the current not-named-yet project, giving at least a specific vehicle to each army corps, but with all i already have to do it is not possible for a guy working alone as i would like to release this project on my lifetime.

Do you plan on changing the crosshair for future versions or can you help me out and point me to or write a short summary on how to. The FFUR crosshair is great and I find I play better with it. The OFP default crosshair is great, in the BIS 3rd person view, but with the GRAA 3rd person view it just takes too much space. This might be a run-on sentence, oh well. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also do you plan on taking the little woodland bag off of the infantry soldiers? Again, it looks awkward in your 3rd person view. Same as bergens and rucksacks, which is why I don't use them when I play my simulations.

And thanks for the mod, it works great and I love it.

Open your FFUR config.cpp and look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgWeapons

scroll down some lines and you will see (not sure if it is always like this in the latest version of ffur)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

cursor="\ffur_fx\cursor1.paa";

cursorAim="\ffur_fx\cursor2.paa";

Now open your GRAA config.cpp , look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgWeapons

again scroll down some lines and you will see

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cursor="w_weapon";

cursorAim="w_lock";

replace those 2 lines by the ones you found in the same place in the FFUR config.

That's just the beginning, but i think it is easy to understand with that example.

Now to complete the job, you must find every

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cursor=blablabla;

cursorAim=blablabla;

located in your FFUR config , and replace those lines -for the same classes- in the GRAA config by their FFUR counterpart :

by example, in the FFUR you should find for the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Shell73:Default

the following

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cursor="\ffur_fx\cursor_1_emp.paa";

cursorAim="\ffur_fx\cursor_2_emp.paa";

Now you must copy/paste those lines in the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Shell73:Default

of the GRAA config.

You will notice there is no similar lines by default in the GRAA config, so you just have to copy paste them without replacing anything.

But for further classes, be sure to check if there are already existing

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cursor=blablabla;

cursorAim=blablabla;

in the GRAA config, in that case, overwrite them with their FFUR counterpart.

If you have -for a same class- 2 time the lines

cursorAim=blablabla;

the game will not work once you save the changes.

As you can see, it is just a matter of copy pasting and paying attention, but it can take time.

Once you are finished, take the file ffur_fx.pbo from the FFUR mod folder and put it into the @GRAA\Addons mod folder. , not tested but it should work.

In the case there is a config.cpp file inside of the ffur_fx.pbo , unpack it, remove this file and repack the pbo before dropping it in the @GRAA\Addons mod folder.

the GRAA modpack is complete, there will be no more updates, my focus is entirely on my new project.

Woah, you mean I can run FFUR with GRAA? That would be awesome. I sacrificed FFUR for GRAA(that and the whole no custom turret appopriateness without clipping to the undercarriage). This sounds awesome then. I'll try it and thanks.

edit: I get what you mean now.

Sanctuary,

I just want you to know that I keep one fascinated eye locked onto this thread. It's really amazing the level of detail that you're putting into these troops. The image at the very top, the guys that look like they're black ops, are they resistance or do you have some "inside" information at what US sf are wearing now?

I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for your detailed and timely replies to some of my posts in the past. My "thank yous" weren't delivered with the kind of promptness you delivered on my behalf, and your recommendations were always correct.

I'm working on an urban-based mission, and I've been having a heck of a time getting the AI to crouch and stay crouched, and after several weeks of searching through endless threads I found your excellent reply in a thread who's keyword was "kneel." I entered the data in the init line, the trigger and move waypoint just as you specified, and it [/b]worked.

You're a miracle worker, man, you really are. Now if I can only get my hands on a copy of the Trench Warfare script that allows AI to use cover, and be smart enough to know when to abandon their positions when they're being overrun... Every single download link I've found to it is now dead (sniff-sniff).

Keep up the great work Sanctuary!

Yours,

Kyle

Oct. 18, 2007

Work is always progressing, for some time it was focused on animations, but recently i went back at resuming work on the desert version of the models already completed (that you could see some examples in previous posts).

Some screenshots of the WIP models (subject to change) :

here should be the desert variant of the mvd omon (supposed to use the russian OGB camo)

ogbqt5.jpg

there you have the desert variant of the gru spetsnaz (supposed to be the ana gorka camo) and the mvd vityaz (supposed to be brown version of the partizan camo)

111113jm8.jpg

this one should be the desert variant of the vdv paratroopers (supposed to use the brown version of klmk).

This texture is based on the original WytchDokta camo that i used for the woodland version GRU spetsnaz

ommmium7.jpg

For the naval spetsnaz, i decided the tiger stripe i gave them (you can see in a previous post) will be the desert variant of this military corps, for the woodland version, here they are (supposed to use a M21 camo)

23213lo4.jpg

Notice : "supposed" means that not being a texture guy at all, what you can see is me trying to get a camouflage texture imitating the look of those camo that exist really.

So don't expect carbon copy of the real life counterpart of those camouflages patterns, it is beyond what i can do.

Thanks , i wish i was more talented in image manipulation and texturing to make the real camo patterns to fit those soldiers, and not just imitating those patterns so it look overall like the real thing without being really it.

anyways, here is the desert version of the russian motorized infantry, "supposed" to be using this camo

002ra4.jpg

There a rework of the desert version of the MVD OMON with a less bright (supposed) OGB camo

dfgdgdgdif2.jpg

Same for the desert version VDV paratroopers that has now a less bright brown klmk (original idea from getting this version of the klmk was this drawing)

ghjgjdh4.jpg

desert version of the US marines troops with a "supposed" desert marpat

lastjc6.jpg

the woodland version of the US marines with "supposed" woodland marpat

6621od1.jpg

desert version of the Russian naval infantry with an "supposed" older TTsko camo from the eighties, i lightened it a bit more than it should, so it does not look totally obvious in desert environment.

jjjjjjjjjjjjrg6.jpg

Hey Sanctuary,

For someone who says they have limited experience

with manipulating images,I'd say you're doing very well.

With the U.S marine vests,I'd go with something closer

to the vests the RUS motor infantry are wearing,in the

first pic.

It might match up a little better with the Marpat.

Coyote brown I think it's called.

usmcmtv5wk7.jpg

smile_o.gif

Thanks Sanc people like you is keeping this game alive

OFP will never die!

Keep on with the good work

notworthy.gif

What a variety! I like it.

Sancturay are, you planning to relase this units as separate addons?

Who said that ofp is dead - is WRONG!