Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

Quote[/b] ]Sancturay are, you planning to relase this units as separate addons?

Part of the plan about the unnamed project release is :

-the main mod itself, with its specific anims, effects , sounds, CAVS/JAM weapon and armor definition.

-an ECP version of the main mod , of course specific sounds/effect will not make it, as ECP has its own and will tke priority.

-a WGL "booster pack" in which every WGL soldiers will be replaced by an equivalent picked from my project, it will work like the current replacement model included in wgl.

Several of my current project animations will make it to repace current WGL anims .

But notice that only the animation already defined in WGL will be changed, there will be no modification of WGL anims definitions and none of the extra anims of my project will be added.

This way it will remains totally MP compatible with WGL servers that does not feature the "booster pack".

-finally a standalone version of the soldiers as an addon equipped with BIS weapons, so you will be able to use the soldiers with any mods out of my main project/the ecp version/wgl.

Quote[/b] ]so are the units going to use the original BIS heads this time?

Maybe, maybe not, i will decide when i will be finished with more important parts of the project.

Some update :

Instead of 2 separate mercenary groups (at first i envisionned low tech level or high tech level mercs groups), there will be only one, the woodland version will use the australian camouflage guy already seen previously and the desert version will be the multicam soldier.

recently i reworked the multicam mercs to fix the mirroring spots, but noticed that WytchDokta texture that i already darkened a bit was not very desert firendly, and the pattern was a bit too small in comparison to the multicam photos.

So basically i remade the textures from scratch (scratch means that i just found a photo on an exploitable angle on google and reworked the good part to obtain finally a "supposed" multicam pattern before getting it on a texture with wrinkles applied).

Now it looks more friendly with desert environment and the pattern is at a more correct size in comparison to photo i have seen.

Before :

54645nj5.jpg

After :

uiyuiyied0.jpg

some more remade units :

hhhhh2db4.jpg

hhhhhwe5.jpg

lkjljxl3.jpg

all is always wip

I have been watching the updates on this thread for a while, and I'm very impressed by the level of work and detail. Keep it up Sanctuary.

Some amazing looking units. biggrin_o.gif

I just got an idea about multicam and similiar camouflages, which I'm sure someone else has thought before of course but here goes.

Wouldn't it be cool if you simulated them by making the higher lods' textures partly transparent, so that they appear to change color according to the surroundings?

The obvious problems would be the transitions to completely opaque lods which could be very abrupt depending on the terrain and the fact that people with more powerful machines would see the visible lods further away.

Very Nice Sanctuary,

Just one question, and its not about the release date (I understand with so much good work a date is impossible to achieve).

It's about the United States Marines, Will there pouch be the same dark brown/tanish color as thier Body Armor (Those woodland pouches really stand out against the Body Armor.

Oh and another question, What Body Armor System are you using on the US Units.

The answer to those questions is in the low level IDWIC harness system, and in the bad NBATAA webbing.

<span style='font-size:3pt;line-height:100%'>IDWIC = I Do What I Can

NBATAA = Not Being A Texturer At All</span>

smile_o.gif

Now that boonie looks damn great! You're progressing fast in texturing, and these addons are very competitive in the addon area of OFP. I guess there will be some new missions to go with these units? Overall, good work as always mate! smile_o.gif

The answer to those questions is in the low level IDWIC harness system, and in the bad NBATAA webbing.

<span style='font-size:3pt;line-height:100%'>IDWIC = I Do What I Can

NBATAA = Not Being A Texturer At All</span>

smile_o.gif

I understand,

Its great work for some who isn't a texturer, Is there a reason you write that part so small Sanctuary, That texturing is pretty awesome.

Nice Job, Mate.

Big-Rooney

Here ya go. You'll have to excuse the crappy host...

2, shut up now 1.2mb

1. Extract 2shutupnow.rar

2. Replace VoiceRH.pbo found in your Operationflashpoint\Addons folder*

3. Replace Voice.pbo found in your Operationflashpoint\dta folder

4. Run OFP... enjoy.

Notes:

1. I you're running GRAA Mod or any other mod that diables radio chatter you'll need to enable it for this to work.

2. You might want to make a backup of those 2 files in case something f**ks up, though I highly doubt it.

3. If you can think of any other sounds that should be put back in I'm open to suggestions, although not enemy positions as it goes against why I did this. I was thinking about putting the formation files back in as they don't interfere with general troop control.

I would just like to thank Sanc for this Mod. I've recently come back from ArmA after giving up on the state of it and my pcs ability to run it. This mod has got me enthused for OFP once again. Being able to customize it so much is excellent and I think the new 'Gears of War' 3rd person view is fantastic. I am also contemplating an unofficial plugin for GRAA that replaces the vehicles with better community made ones.

Could you please upload it again together with the graa light mod + ECP configuration as the link is now broken? smile_o.gif

No way to have the graa light mod + ECP configuration?

Please!!! help.gif

Think it would be good to have the BIS heads makes it more compatibale with other mods.

Although I do find that some addons with BI heads become mutants do prefer the llauma heads. They match the majority of addons that they are mated to.

Could you please upload it again together with the graa light mod + ECP configuration as the link is now broken? smile_o.gif

Sorry for the delayed response Bordic, I have since returned to ArmA to help the ACE team (to the best of my limited ability) to vastly improve my ArmA experience and as such don't play OFP or even have it installed and therefore haven't been on the forums either. I'm afraid I've long since lost this file (even if it was only 5 months ago). I've also found out that I went about it in a needlessly difficult way. If you still would like to have it chuck me a PM and I can tell you how to go about yourself, it's a fairly quick job.

@helping_hand: I couldn't help but borrow/steal your sig pic as I agree PC has gone fuckin' nuts. If you oppose this I'll remove it. wink_o.gif

Although I do find that some addons with BI heads become mutants   do prefer the llauma heads. They match the majority of addons that they are mated to.

Yeah I agree they do look nicer but like you said BIS heads become mutants. I really wanted to use GRAA along with the BAS addons but can't because of some of the addons use the old BIS head.

Sorry for the delayed response Bordic, I have since returned to ArmA to help the ACE team (to the best of my limited ability) to vastly improve my ArmA experience and as such don't play OFP or even have it installed and therefore haven't been on the forums either. I'm afraid I've long since lost this file (even if it was only 5 months ago). I've also found out that I went about it in a needlessly difficult way. If you still would like to have it chuck me a PM and I can tell you how to go about yourself, it's a fairly quick job.

@helping_hand: I couldn't help but borrow/steal your sig pic as I agree PC has gone fuckin' nuts. If you oppose this I'll remove it. wink_o.gif

Hehe That's fine not my image but one from deviant art. it's free to use as such though smile_o.gif

about the head :

It will be BIS head, as the soldiers will be available in stand alone version (so it can be used out of the mod, with any other mods), if i gave them the Llauma head, i would have been forced to add the facetex scripts , lowering performance when there are lot of them onscreen.

The goal of this project is to optimise the soldier so much that you will be able to create huge battles with plenty of them without the performance hit.

So far the models are greatly optimised, and thanks to the unvaluable help from Fab and Macser, the textures have been differently mapped, so in the end, only 2 textures by soldiers will be used instead of the several dozen most addon are using.

And so , adding the face eventhandler would defeat this performance (and so huge scale battles) goal.

But, along the mod, i will release "developer" ressource.

That ressource will simply be the various units and their equipment in MLOD format so everyone will be able to edit them, or use them as a basis for new soldiers, along with some texture guides, camo swatches and wrinkles ready to be plugged on them to help new camo work.

I reworked the neck part of the models so replacing BIS head by Llauma head will be a piece of cake, as you will have no need of attaching the head by vertices, as there will be no hole visible if you don't attach it by vertices.

Development is always ongoing, i don't show screenshot as i want to keep some things a surprise.

Can i play the @graa 2.0 +slxmod config whit the 3rd person vieuw like in @graa 3.0 ? Because whit the @graa 3.0 version there aint no @slx-@graa conf but it has the 3rd person vieuw

As it has been requested several time, i edited the GRAA3 config to be compatible with SLX

Here is a quick step by step on how to install correctly :

-Install the latest version of SLX 1.1 correctly

it can be found here

Be sure inside your OFP directory the SLX mod folder is named

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@SLX

-Install the GRAA modpack 3 correctly

it can be found here

Be sure inside your OFP directory the GRAA modpack 3 folder is named

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@GRAA

-Download the updated GRAA3 config

It can be found here

-Extract the config.cpp located in the archive you just downloaded and put it in your @GRAA\bin\ folder, overwrite the config.cpp that was present here

-Edit an OFP shortcut and in the Target line, after the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"blablabla\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe"

add -exactly- , without missing a word or adding another thing or changing the order of the mods :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-NOSPLASH -nomap -mod=@SLX;@GRAA

So you obtain

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"blablabla\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -NOSPLASH -nomap -mod=@SLX;@GRAA

Once done, launch OFP with this new edited shortcut and you will be able to play with the GRAA modpack and the SLX features in the same time.

Note : i added in the new config a new option ENABLE_SLX , by default it is activated, but if you want to disable the SLX features without having to change the shortcut or use the previous GRAA config, just disable this option.

Note no2 : this config is not supported, GRAA3 without SLX is totally stable, but i can't guarantee the same with SLX activated.

Note no3 : all the other GRAA3 options are always available for enable/disable in the config, so you can always tweak it to your liking.

I just removed the GRAA option with delayed and smoke grenades, as it was not stable enough.

Thx Sanctuary . Everything works fine accept for the vehicles. The doors dont open. In the @graa2.0+@slx method (config) then the doors get open when units get in,and i still got graa2.0 3rd prs view then help.gif

I don't know, i just followed Solus instructions from his readme to implement the SLX eventhandler and preload addons in the correct place so you can have most of the SLX features inside of GRAA if you have the SLX option enabled.

If you want to have the GRAA 3rd person view into your GRAA2+SLx config, just open it and look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

once found, replace this line by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

save the change, and that's all, you will have the GRAA3 3rd person view into your GRAA2+SLX config.

I like what I'm hearing here sanctuary.

Nice to see that are still a good few modifications being made and updated for OFP, most mods have gone to ArmA.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SLX Vehicles

I think to use the SLX vehicles you need to change the models path for those set vehicles, The SLX open doors and destroyed vehicles are found in the SLX_Vehicles.pbo so to use them you would have to change the model path form - Model="\Hmmwv\Hmmwv.p3d". to Model="\SLX_vehicles\Hmmwv.p3d". Or something like that.

thx i got the 3rd person .i got another question Sanctuary. i am using your Sanc.Anim.Alpha.4 anims and want combin it whit the @GRAA3.0 anim.pbo for that lovely AT.RUN anim,but unpbo the @GRAA3.0 anim place the alph4.0 and repbpo it,and still got the old AT.RUN can you help me out? thx davey

There are additional animations inside of sanc_animcr.pbo , located in the \@GRAA\Addons folder

The animations you want to replace should be there if they are not inside of Anim.pbo