Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

See my reply on OFPEC Walter

Anyhow the jist is that interchangeable mags are more suited to MP

For SP experience I will keep the non-burst RPK mag config, also it is simpler

Kendo

Burst fire mode on most AK-thingy are not realistic in a player point of view, and the player can easily put full auto and control his shots to fire burst after burst.

But that's something the AI is unable to, without a burst fire mode built-in the weapon, the AI will never control his full auto to just fire burst after burst shots.

It will basically only use the single fire mode.

So the only way to get the AI to control his shots while no being stuck in single fire mode is to have an additional burst fire mode, no other way.

Anyways, just a little screenshot of me testing some things for the ww4 (ww3 was already used wink_o.gif ) project

clipboard01fd8.jpg

SWEET!

Is WW4 a GRAA style mod or what?

I am guessing it is for OFP, not AA?

Kendo

It is not an option mod like GRAA that i am planning, but it is for OFP .

All the units that are coming will be available in addon format too, so you will not be forced to use the ww4 mod itself (though you will then lose all the animations i am making for it and for which i need a main config for) and so you can use the soldiers in any mods, like any normal addons.

WW4, is this a whole new project?? Great!! Looks like there will be many new units, looking forward to it!

Also glad to hear that it can be played with other addons, because I usually play with ECP and a whole lot of other addons (which mostly use the BIS heads).

Yes ww4 is the current name of the yet un-named project with all the units i wanted to implement.

another test :

clipboard01ca6.jpg

Hi folks,

I am rediscovering OFP on Linux via wine, OFP was the only thing I missed from my "windows days".

GRAA made my return to OFP more immersive ...

Thanks a lot Sanctuary !

I have several questions on GRAA though :

You made a server+client config, but the config file is in bin format, and BinView (the c.o.c prog) in wine crashes or gives

me garbage, and I found no Tux program able to open it :(

Is it possible to have the client+server version in plain text format OR give me hints to edit it myself, for as a Tux user I don't mind editing config files (I already tweaked a graa-light

weapon-replacement-only config ).

+ Is it possible to have more info on your ww4 project ?

Maybe some spoilers on units and config ...

;p

Thanks again for making the remaining OFP users alive and kicking !

Best Regards Raum_Schiff.

Quote[/b] ]another test :

Is that a grubby face on the guy in the middle, or is it camo? The ammo vest on the man on the left looks barrel-like at the moment, as it hangs so straight - looks much better on the middle guy for some reason.

it is one of the default BIS face textures, and don't worry too much about the animations, it all depends on the angle of the pictures wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sanctuary, would you remember if the soldier models used in GRAA 3 still have the Fset animation? Otherwise it should be possible to add it.

I removed the fset selections from each units, as there was no points in cluttering the models selections with something not used ingame.

Adding them should be easy though, just get a working Llauma head model from any addons using it and just copy past the vertices related to the fset.

You made a server+client config, but the config file is in bin format, and BinView (the c.o.c prog) in wine crashes or gives

me garbage, and I found no Tux program able to open it sad_o.gif

Is it possible to have the client+server version in plain text format OR give me hints to edit it myself, for as a Tux user I don't mind editing config files (I already tweaked a graa-light

weapon-replacement-only config ).

Here are the config and ressource from the server+clients part in CPP format (and so openable with any text editor)

http://files.filefront.com/client+serverrar/;11732754;/fileinfo.html

Remember thatif you want to use this in a server, be sure that if you use this 2 files in CPP format, do not have a config.bin/ressource.bin in your @GRAA\bin folder

And make sure the client joining this server use those same 2 files to avoid any possible synch/crashing problems.

modified a bit the upper body cargo animation to see how they are ingame :

clipboard03xo3.jpg

Thanks a lot Sanctuary !

Well herrrrr ... I've got another question :

I have diff'ed the client-server cpp and the default-graa cpp, the only differences I noticed were the removal of the defined global variables and the subsequent removal of the ifdef tags.

thus making the client-server graa cpp just a cleaned default config with graa basisc options.

Am I missing something that make the server file so specific ??

If not that means the client-server cpp is just a default cpp cleaned of idef ... I was affraid the client-server config needed particular settings to run.

Perhaps I am wrong ?

I need a clarification on this point though.

Just to be sure ...

Best Regards :

Raum_Schiff.

Essentially it is a cleaned version of the GRAA config, in which the option system is removed (as it would have more than surely caused lot of problem with clients and server differences resulting in lot of crashes) and so changes and replacements are not left up to the user but are forced.

I removed a thing or two that were not MP compatible but don't remember exactly what they were.

But as said already, the important point to keep in mind is if you want to avoid any kind of problems, serves and clients must use this same config.

That's the only particular requirement i can think about.

How can I use just the 3rd person camera with ECP but none of the other stuff like head models and that other stuff?

In your ECP main config.cpp, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.300000,-3.500000};

and replace that by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

No need of anything else

excellent news your ww4 mod, your job is always awesome thumbs-up.gif

btw: your story takes place in a near future? (i mean something like frontier fuel of war)

Originally my plan revolved around some kind of WW3 conflict, with western and eastern blocks involved against each other, along with some independant forces for the resistance side.

But i changed direction because of 2 reasons :

- ww3 is not really an infantry/tank friendly concept and honestly if things would go to such extremities, it would be more a war with nuke flying all around.

Basically no point for conventionnal forces to be involved as one nuke later and there is nothing left, making missions would not be even remotely interesting as things would then be decided by the amount of missile to launch.

So ww4 will take place after ww3 would get rid of those annoying nuke missiles for mission making, and to explain the current day weapon and equipment used in a future "ww4", let's say ww3 just put a big stop in weaponry science research and upgrades (how convenient for me biggrin_o.gif )

- whatever i am trying with the units, none of the camos i painted you see in screenshots are the real thing, they just "look like" them but everything is wrong.

None of the equipment are correct for us or russian forces either, i am not talented enough to get real 100% correct camo with my mouse and paintshop, i don't see me finished before the end of this year with those simple soldiers, trying to make things correct would just be crazy in term of work time for what i am willing to devote.

So a conflict in a future "ww4" could get believable in term of those look-like camo that are not 100% the exact thing, those equipment being all wrong, as future is a bit more open to interpretation and not as picky as creating a current day conflict.

There are already lots of realisticially done modern recreation of exisiting units that feature correct equipment on more worked models, like Laser, RHS and Hyakushiki works. So people wanting top of the line realistic things can always get back to them, because i can only guarantee them that they will not find this in my project.

Basically, the west side , the east side and the resistance side has nothing to do with nato , warsaw pact and current unaligned, they are just sides not related to our current world frontiers and countries.

I intend to break the face separation between east and west side. Basically you will be able to find every BIS face on each side, no just some exclusive to west or some exclusive to east.

This would then contribute a bit more to the sides not being the nato/warsaw pact/unaligned we have in our current world.

Quote[/b] ]Isn't there a quote from Einstein in the game, something along the lines of:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ?

Good point, i will remove every weapon and will replace them by stone launcher and stick throwers.

Will certainly be a really interesting mod biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

More seriously, you posted this image of the Resistance side (in this thread).

Can we still hope for such a good looking Resistance, particularly one that would work as a unit replacement for the BIS originals?

Those units will always be a part of the mod, west/east/resistance original BIS units will be replaced by models like the one you have in the screenshot.

That will done so the stock units will not look out of place next to the ww4 ones as the models are way too different to be used in a same mission without replacement.

By example, something like this should replace the east BIS soldiers :

uuuubl4.jpg

On another note, while toying around with some older driver and riva tuner, i noticed ingame the multitexturing going crazy and covering all the land you see instead of the normal few dozen of meter in front of you.

dddddd2by6.jpg

Looks nicer in picture than in action though, as long distance multitexturing was creating a lot of flickering annoying for the eyes when you were moving.

I will not add backpacks, because some people could want to play with those usefull backpacks/rucksacks addons or with WGL5 that feature some, or even using some portable radios.

And so if backpacks were built in the models, it would look very bad with those addons.

If I want to change any options, I assume I just open up the config.cpp file, change what I like, save it, and that's it? I really love this mod and its trouble-free-ness (new word) wink_o.gif

Edit: - nevermind - I found my old notes. smile_o.gif

In your ECP main config.cpp, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0,0.300000,-3.500000};

and replace that by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">extCameraPosition[]={0.25,-0.1,-1.4};

No need of anything else

Unfortunatly that didn't seem to work the third person view is still at the default position even after I put that in

I will not add backpacks, because some people could want to play with those useful backpacks/rucksacks addons or with WGL5 that feature some, or even using some portable radios.

And so if backpacks were built in the models, it would look very bad with those addons.

Hello Sanctuary,

I've loved your mod since it first came out.

I love these animations, They're better than any other game I've seen! (Which kinda makes me wonder, If a mod-maker can do it, Why can't game developers?)

But haven't been playing it recently, I've been trying to get it to work with WGL5, For the realism effects, and rucksacks.

I've been trying for like, a month now, and nothing, I've tried extracting your animations and compiling it with the WGL5 anims, But I can never get the AT run/stand/prone anims, Can You please help me out with this?

I've tried just loading both on the same shortcut, But that makes the Jogging animation the error anim (he stands like a tree)  and makes it so I can't drop stuff from the Rucksack.

I've also tried alot of other things I can't think of right now, like Tinkering with the Config.cpp, But nothing is working, please help me?

I want your fantastic anims, and WGLs Realism...

I have the GOTY edition and was wondering if the changes made in this great mod also affect Resistance and Red Hammer as well? Thanks

So this future mod has nothing to do like a revamp of the original bis units.

Being retextured, and what not because I saw your resistance fighters and east units and they look amazing.

Just the Resistance it be nice to have some variety in their headgear.

The boonie only for the officer and caps for everyone else except crew and sniper just to give more variety.

I have lost a lot of my project work a month ago in an OS crash that forced me to format.

Fortunately i was able to salvage some of the content, but there is a lot that is definitively lost regarding this project and that i am now rebuilding slowly.

While i already said none should hold his breath for this project release, as there was lot remaining to do, and so few time, now there is even more lot to (re)do so i don't expect a release before a lot of months.

I just setup my deadline in 2010 , hopefully there will be something available before wink_o.gif

To avoid another unfortunate and always possible data loss again, when i will be up to a point something from the project is playable decently again, i will release an alpha and progressively add content after content when they are done.

But there is a long way before that. I guess i will be the last guy with OFP installed when the project will be finished biggrin_o.gif

I don't know if it was already posted.

Is there any way to use the DynamicRange sound in the "normal" GRAA mod? I have looked the ECP files and added the DR plugin in GRAA/Addons, included the .dr file in the bin folder and added the string "include dr." in config.cpp.

Is this correct?

And more, I have seen Troska's face in civilian clothes (Res Campaing, 1st mission) all mixed up when I use the new heads. Is there any way to correct it? Troska's face in military clothes is alright, however!

I don't know if it was already posted.

Is there any way to use the DynamicRange sound in the "normal" GRAA mod? I have looked the ECP files and added the DR plugin in GRAA/Addons, included the .dr file in the bin folder and added the string "include dr." in config.cpp.

Is this correct?

And more, I have seen Troska's face in civilian clothes (Res Campaing, 1st mission) all mixed up when I use the new heads. Is there any way to correct it? Troska's face in military clothes is alright, however!

It is certainly not as easy as this.

I have not deeply looked in the DR files and specific ECP configs files, but i remember in the ECP there was several lines that replaced the normal sounds effects, so you could use fully DR or normal sounds by switching the includes

In the ECP config, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_SOUND

and you will see there are a bunch of various sounds definitions added.

I guess you need to add manually all those lines in the place of the exisiting sounds in the GRAA config if you hope to use the ECP DR version, then add the DR sounds .pbo to the GRAA addons folder, and finally add the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#include "Sound_dr.h"

in the beginning of the GRAA config.

Then i think it should be possible, but that's some trial&error to see how to do it correctly.

For the Troska face in his civilian version having problem, i have no idea, the civilian version should have used the same face as the military one, so i don't understand :

The faces, like Troska one, introduced in the Resistance expansion were not defined by the main config, so at first i had the problem but i fixed them by defining those new faces in sanc_fixface.pbo in the GRAA/addons folder, so why is this happening now with the civilian i have no idea.

Back to my current project,

I have reworked the stand aiming animation (and so every animations starting from and ending into it), trying to not have anymore the soldier a bit too much "at ease" like if he was on a shooting range instead of on a battlefield :

clipboard01yz2.jpg

I think it works better for a "dangerous" battlefield feel, you can compare it to some previous screenshots in the previous page of this thread that had the previous version more "at ease".

I want to ask if it's possible to create something between with and without the radiovoices, to speed up the AI to make silent only what's not relevant to the player. To make all orders to the AI silent but you can hear enemy positions and your orders. Can this be done?

You're not the only person who wanted something like that SamotH. I wanted the swift reaction time of no radio voices but I also wanted to know when friendly AI has been issued or completed an order. So, to that end I replaced 99% of the contents of both Voice.pbo and VoiceRH.pbo with correctly named but empty files.

Now if I (silently) tell my men to move, they respond with 'roger' or 'moving on' and then 'waiting' or 'ready' when they reach their destination. If I have a man on hold fire and tell him to target someone he'll respond with 'ready to fire'. I haven't, however, got it so you can hear enemy position.

Both files are only 3.6mb and will work with any OFP install. If anyone's interested I can upload it somewhere.

Is there anyone who is willling to make this? Please!