Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

GRAA Modpack 3.0

thanks sanc, when my mission is released it will include a disclaimer stating that it is at the users discretion and own risk.

On a lighter note...

The GRAA modpack is by far the best mod created as it is big enough to change the way the game looks, feels and plays. But does not affect performance as it also has a simplicity to it that ametuers like me can manipulate the way we want.

THANKS FOR AN AWESOME MOD PACK!

Regards

Kendo

p.s. For Example. I made my mission using a large mod with all new unit and weapon names the lag was unbelievable! then I switched it all back to the original OFPR units and weapons loaded it via GRAA and wow no lag what so ever!

Not forgetting to mention that GRAA actually gave more stuff than the (not mentioning any names) other mod pack like the better animations, Leaning!!! (wow). vehicles on fire and smoking! I could go on all day, but if you are reading this you know all the cool stuff you get with GRAA, if you don't download it now !!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Kendo J.

I am glad to see people enjoying the modpack despite all that time wink_o.gif

Thanks Sanctuary.

I also removed all addons from the mod folder except largeditor and sanc_animcr and had no problems.

I'd like to ask for two more things:

I'd use your new vehicle burning but they last about 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Is it possible to control that time on the config? I've been searching for the values but can't find them.

Is it possible to eliminate the 'instant tired' from the roll animations? I play only single player and have no qualms about cheating with it against the AI. Also from real life tests, rolling tires much less than baby crawling. whistle.gif

I understand your free time spent on this, so it's no problem if you can't solve these minor quibles.

I'd use your new vehicle burning but they last about 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Is it possible to control that time on the config? I've been searching for the values but can't find them.

For this, you need to unpack sanc_fx.pbo located in your ...\@GRAA\Addons\ folder

Open the script burnn.sqs

look for the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? _ii <= 1000 : goto "lop"

change the 1000 into a lower number to make the burning duration smaller.

Then repack all into a new sanc_fx.pbo and replace the original one in your ...\@GRAA\Addons\ folder

Quote[/b] ]

Is it possible to eliminate the 'instant tired' from the roll animations? I play only single player and have no qualms about cheating with it against the AI. Also from real life tests, rolling tires much less than baby crawling. whistle.gif

It was not about really being tired, but the problem is that rolling over and over would not put you in a perfectly stable and accurate position just after doing it.

Something that would have needed a lot more anim work that i was willing to do, so i went with a work around using additional tiring effect so your aim was not totally steady after making several rollings.

To remove that effect, open the CONFIG.CPP located in your ...\@GRAA\Bin\ folder and look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class SANCPRLeanRight:Default

{

preload=1;

actions="LyingActions";

file="\sanc_animcr\snrollright.rtm";

aimprecision=7;

duty=15;

speed=-1.1;

enableOptics=0;

connectFrom[]={"Lying",1};

connectTo[]={"Lying",1};

soundEdge1=0.1;

soundEdge2=0.6;

soundEnabled=1;

soundOverride="crawl";

looped=1;

};

see the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">duty=15;

change it to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">duty=0;

so it does not tire you, but does not make you resting either.

If you input a negative number, instead of tiring you, it will in fact make you rest.

Sanc, First I like the length of time of the vehicle burn, it helps with my mission over a whole island, so I can spot where actions are taking place at long distances, e.g. "head for the smoke"

Anyway, I wanted to ask Is there anyway I could turn off the Llama head model thing so I can use this with other normal BIS face using addons such as the Flashpoint in the Falklands mod (FLK)?

Regards

Kendo

P.s. You mod is so superior that i use this with the FLK mod anyway, just other people might be more discerning than me on face appearance.

Is there any reason why the SAW only has 100 round clips? Or is it just an error?

Quote[/b] ]

Anyway, I wanted to ask Is there anyway I could turn off the Llama head model thing so I can use this with other normal BIS face using addons such as the Flashpoint in the Falklands mod (FLK)?

Not possible unfortunately with the way this config work with those heads (as it using no scripting for the faces, unlike usual addon featuring Llauma heads that use some), it would need lot of model work to swap heads between the current Llauma ones and BIS ones.

As the part of my free time i accept to allocate to OFP modding is focused on my project, i will not do it myself.

If you want to use addons that do not have the Llauma head, you should use the "Light" version of the config that does not replace soldiers models, and so does not replace BIS heads.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any reason why the SAW only has 100 round clips? Or is it just an error?

I have just not paid attention to this, i believe i just kept BIS M60 ammo count values in there.

If you want to modifiy it, int he config.cpp of the mod look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

etc....

Just add

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">count=200;

in that class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

You can put it where you want inside the class, but if you are new to to config modification, by example put it like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class M60:MachineGun7_6Manual

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

count=200;

ammo="Bullet7_6W";

etc...

And then save the changes.

Oops clumsy me, didnt read previous pages tounge2.gif

Hello,

I have been enjoying your mod for quite some time, and would have to say it's one of the best.

I have a question though, I have been trying to get your glorious animations in the WGL5 config, and can't seem to do it.

Any help would be appreciated. notworthy.gif

thanks.

I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying this mod. It is the perfect MP mod me n my guys and is exactly what we have been looking for. I have tested a few of the mods out here and those are SP oriented and crash severly when you play Multiplayer. Not GRAA We have been playing CTI for a solid week (at least 3 hours a night) and I have yet to see us have a single hiccup. Its well put together, looks great, the sounds rock. I wanna thank you from all my guys and I for giving us a excellent, smooth running experience. Awesome work!!!

Would it be possible to dirty up units in the next version. Its just most mods have clean soldiers, and in my experinence, soldiers are rarely in newly clened uniforms. Even if it is just dusty uniforms it would be good.

Or, does anyone know what the WGL5 animations are?

I got the Graa anims to replace SOME of the anims in WGL, but I still need the jogging anim. is it Sbeh?

I'll try some configurations, and let you know if I succeed.

Is there a SLX (1.1 version) + GRAA config.cpp?

I've a problem: when I restart one mission (in the single player campaign, Resistance) the game crashes. I'm on Vista 32bit SP1 updated and an a64 6000x2 with a 9600gt and 2gb RAM ddr2 800mhz Thank you

PS: I've this problem too: http://b.imagehost.org/view/0691/GRAA_error.jpg

This is what happens when you :

-have a bad install of the mod

in such case re-dowload and re-install it

-have modified the main config and made mistakes

in such case delete you current config and replace it by the backed up one and re-edit it, trying to not make mistakes this time.

edit : as you mention SLX+ GRAA config, i guess you are playing with them.

Have you correctly installed both SLX mod and GRAA mod ?

Have you correctly setup your shortcut to enable both mod in the correct order ?

The error was "Sanc_animcr.pbo" infact I had a modified version (He was in GRAAModplus5). All works Ok now  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks to all for the help tounge2.gif

We haven't resolved a problem: I too reinstalled the GRAA and the SLX but nothing is happened: when I restart a mission, OFP crashes...why?

Usually loading/saving mission can make you crash when a the mission scripts + the mod scripts are using too many variables.

I read this problem was solved in ArmA, but in OFP it is unfortunately impossible to solve with reworking completely some more complex missions and mods that need lot of variables for all the scripts and effects they run.

Try to launch a mission with GRAA only, then save it , reload it. You should have no problem (unless the mission use too much variables like the DMA dynamic ones by example).

Now launch SLX+GRAA , launch a mission, save it, reload it, there are already a lot more chance reloading it will crash your game as SLX has a lot more variables and scripts than GRAA, and that added to the mission variables themselves will not help.

So in few word, it is not fixable without reworking whole mods and missions scripts, something that will never happen unless you do it yourself.

Dear Sancutary,

I use your mod pack almost exclusively, the GRAA and GRAA light are 2 of only 6 shortcuts on my desktop...

I have a whole load of addons in my addon folder, but i do like to keep it well organised... while messing around with a mission I noticed in my stock OFP EAST/men/directory that there was a RPG7 soldier seperate to the normal RPG/law soldier... is this from your mod or just a loose addon i haven't removed?

also I de-pbo'd the GRAA estweapons.pbo and soldiers.pbo, to see if i could find the weapon in there? I noticed a file called RPK74. Does this mean the GRAA mod pack comes with extra weapons not just the remodeled original ones?

If so what are thier names and mag names?

If not then "oh well" i still love the mod!

Regards

Kendo

I think your RPG7 soldier is added by another addon (possible JAM3 ?), as on my default install i see only AT and RPG soldier in east.

The RPK74 is not defined in the config. I just totally forgot about it, as originally i wanted to add an automatic rifleman with the RPK74 along the machinegunner soldier and his PK.

The model is already defined in the class CfgModels.

In my ongoing project there will be.

If you want to add it in your GRAA config, just follow those steps :

In the class CfgAmmo, look for :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Bullet12_7G:Bullet12_7

{

tracerColor[]={0.7,0.7,0.5,0.04};

tracerColorR[]={0.7,0.7,0.5,0.04};

};

just after that , copy paste the following :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class RPKAmmo:BulletSingle

{

airLock=1;

hit=8;

indirectHit=2;

indirectHitRange=0.1;

minRange=1;

minRangeProbab=0.9;

midRange=100;

midRangeProbab=0.5;

maxRange=450;

maxRangeProbab=0.05;

cost=4;

tracerColor[]={0.2,0.8,0.1,0.04};

tracerColorR[]={0,0,0,0.005};

};

(airlock=1; will allow the AI to fire on air vehicles, as long as the armor of such vehicle is way too high in comparison with the bullet damage, an annoying OFP AI limitation)

In the class CfgWeapons, look for :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class AK74SU:AK74

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=0;

model="\EST_Weapons\EST_AK74M1P29.p3d";

modelOptics="\EST_Weapons\EST_optic_1p29.p3d";

optics=1;

opticsZoomMin=0.35;

opticsZoomMax=0.35;

valueWeapon=1;

valueMagazine=1;

displayName="AKs74u-Kobra";

drySound[]={"weapons\AK74Dry",0.01,1};

modes[]={"Single","Burst","FullAuto"};

magazines[]={"AK74"};

};

Just after that copy paste the following :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class RPKBase:AK74

{

model="\EST_Weapons\EST_RPK.p3d";

modelOptics="\EST_Weapons\EST_optic_ak.p3d";

picture="\EST_Weapons\rpk74mb.paa";

optics=1;

opticsZoomMin=0.28;

opticsZoomMax=0.28;

count=45;

distanceZoomMin=300;

distanceZoomMax=300;

displayName="RPK";

displayNameMagazine="RPK Mag";

shortNameMagazine="RPK Mag";

drySound[]={"weapons\AK74Dry",1.0,1};

magazines[]={"RPKMag"};

modes[]={"Single","Fullauto"};

class Single

{

ammo="RPKAmmo";

multiplier=1;

burst=1;

displayName="RPK Single";

#ifdef ENABLE_HD_BATTLE

dispersion=0.02;

#endif

#ifndef ENABLE_HD_BATTLE

dispersion=0.0002;

#endif

#ifndef ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

sound[]={"Weapons\AK74Single",1.0,1};

soundContinuous=0;

#endif

#ifdef ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

sound[]={"\sanc_fx\mapsn\esnd\ak47shot.wss","db0",1};

soundContinuous=0;

#endif

reloadTime=0.1;

ffCount=1;

recoil="riffleSingle";

autoFire=0;

aiRateOfFire=0.5;

aiRateOfFireDistance=200;

useAction=0;

useActionTitle="";

};

class FullAuto

{

ammo="RPKAmmo";

multiplier=1;

burst=1;

displayName="RPK Auto";

#ifdef ENABLE_HD_BATTLE

dispersion=0.02;

#endif

#ifndef ENABLE_HD_BATTLE

dispersion=0.0003;

#endif

#ifndef ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

sound[]={"Weapons\AK74Single",1.0,1};

soundContinuous=0;

#endif

#ifdef ENABLE_MAP_WEPSND

sound[]={"\sanc_fx\mapsn\esnd\ak47shot.wss","db0",1};

soundContinuous=0;

#endif

reloadTime=0.07;

ffCount=1;

recoil="riffleBurst3";

autoFire=1;

aiRateOfFire=0.5;

aiRateOfFireDistance=200;

useAction=0;

useActionTitle="";

};

};

class RPKMag:RPKBase

{

scopeMagazine=2;

picture="ak74";

};

class RPK:RPKBase

{

scopeWeapon=2;

magazines[]={"RPKMag"};

uiPicture="ismg";

};

Now you have a weapon class name

RPK

and the magazine class name

RPKMag

You can add a soldier in the editor menu that comes with this weapon by doing the following :

look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class SoldierEG:SoldierEB

{

cost=50000;

accuracy=1000;

displayName="$STR_DN_GRENADIER";

weapons[]={"AK74GrenadeLauncher","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"AK74","AK74","AK74","AK74","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher","GrenadeLauncher"};

};

Just after that, copy paste the following :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class SoldierERPK:SoldierEB

{

cost=60000;

accuracy=1000;

displayName="RPK Soldier";

weapons[]={"RPK","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"RPKMag","RPKMag","RPKMag","RPKMag","RPKMag","RPKMag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade"};

};

The soldier class name is

SoldierERPK

and is available as " RPK Soldier " in East side

That should be all.

Here is the replacement config for the GRAA mod pack which gives you an RPK light support weapon for those too lazy to copy and paste their own

Sanctury kindly posted the config for the RPK above.

All I have done is cut and paste. But I have posted it for all to use.

Partly because a new gun is always fun to play with and partly because my missions will include RPK's from now on.

Anyway just replace your existing config with this one, make a copy of your original if you don't trust me. You may have to go over the user options as the ones here are options I have been using recently.

this will give you the weapon as "RPK" and "RPKmag"

and a soldier called SoldierERPK

Kind Regards

Kendo

----------------------------

The download link... btw it is on OFPEC, you may need to sign in to ofpec

http://www.ofpec.com/forum....ch=3084

----------------------------

Quote[/b] ]

A small take-it-or-leave-it suggestion, assuming it's meant to simulate the RPK-74...

then the RPK will be able to fire AK74 magazines, as in real life.

unfortunately: Walter I thought that would be a good idea but the RPK that Sanctuary provides has a 45 round mag not a 30 round one... I suppose the mags are interchangeable (in real life) although I have left it as having a dedicated one...