Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

I can't complete the first mission and can't progress to any more missions! When i go and get my mission from the officer its to patrol an area however that area is in the sea at the north. Theirs even a green LZ marker in the sea. and when the hello drops me and my squad we all just drown. Any help would be appreciated .

IIRC this was due to a third party sandbag addon.

Check to see if you have one lurking around in your addons folders.

I can't complete the first mission and can't progress to any more missions! When i go and get my mission from the officer its to patrol an area however that area is in the sea at the north. Theirs even a green LZ marker in the sea. and when the hello drops me and my squad we all just drown. Any help would be appreciated .

I've had this happen occasionally. I'm not sure if the sandbag fix was present though, it could have been. What I would do as a backup plan is save the game immediately before I speak with the officer for a mission. If the marker appears in the sea, I just re-load that save and get the mission again. IIRC I never had that problem the second time but it's been a while since I played this mission. I'll have to start it up again though, this is definitely my favorite SP mission.

I'll have to start it up again though, this is definitely my favorite SP mission.

Same here- re-downloading.

Cheers Nasty tounge2.gif

@ Mr N and Manzilla thanks guys it was indeed the RAE sandbag fix i still had in my addons folder! I didn't even know it wasn't needed any more after one of the patches. It's guys like you who make this community what it is! 99.9% of the guys on here are the same thank you very much.

Sorry about the thread necrophillia, but I'm having a ball with Dynamic War, and just wanted to thank MrN and recommend this addon - it breathes real life into Arma.

I mirror sle, had a 4 month 'vacation' away from Arma but still got back to Dynamic War. Best thing about it is being able to 'do your own thing', I have edited it for my own personal enjoyment like replacing the A10 'spy' with a Predator which adds to the realism a little more. Highly recommended to those that have never played Dynamic War.

Thanks guys.  firefoxlover.gif

I never would have thought that nearly two years on from the original disaster of a beta that people are still playing this mission. It's very good to hear after all the hours that went into it, it's also testament to all the good feedback I had that helped to polish some of the wrinkles out.

Cheers

smile_o.gif

yeah dig this mission set. be great if if could be updated to work with ACE which is the new standard!

yeah dig this mission set. be great if if could be updated to work with ACE which is the new standard!

It doesn't take too much to do that. I did it a few weeks ago and it didn't take very long. You could probably do it fairly quick with minimal mission editing knowledge.

Although an official one wouldn't hurt either, time and motivation permitting of course. wink_o.gif

Well, it ain't gonna be me!

If someone wants to ACE-ify it then be my guest.

For the moment I'd rather play games when I have spare time not faff around with scripts.

tounge2.gif

I, too, still play it whenever I have some time. Great mission.

i am currently ace-ifying. it really is quite simple once un-pbo's (and i am a noob when it comes to editing). it just takes time instituting new weapons etc. thanks to the way its been quite nicely documented.

what would be great is to incorporate snkmans grouplink 3 as well as right now it uses snkmans groulink 2 plus.

Quote[/b] ]i am currently ace-ifying.

Good luck! If you want to put a link on page 1, PM me a download link.

Quote[/b] ]what would be great is to incorporate snkmans grouplink 3 as well as right now it uses snkmans groulink 2 plus.

I disabled GL in the last version to stop conflicts with the SLX mod. If you want to add GL then again be my guest  tounge2.gif

Cheers

I mirror sle, had a  4 month 'vacation' away from Arma but still got back to Dynamic War. Best thing about it is being able to 'do your own thing', I have edited it for my own personal enjoyment....

...Highly recommended to those that have never played Dynamic War.

I too have just returned from playing the life, time and money sapping World Of Warcraft.

I've upgraded my Graphics card and thought it might be nice to see ArmA on full settings, and guess what... it IS nice! wow_o.gif

I have yet to put Dynawar back on, but will be doing that asap.

Glad to see its still popular.

I think I'd like to change it to UK troops and the partisan guys from Queens Gambit

After the latest beta patch I can now play fullscreen for the first time on my rig with the correct amount of memory (Vista X64, 3870, 6gb @1920x1200). :yay:

I thought I'd have a bash at playing Dynawar and found some bugs. :rolleyes:

Here's what I've fixed so far:

Fixed temp base medtent deleting on purge if player near, looked untidy

Fixed return to base from remote bases (has anyone tried this?)

Added hint for distant reinforcing/rearming

Fixed bonus/accuracy monitor

Tweaked rearming action, can now only be done after a mission like reinforcing

Fixed no evac in POW mission if they're killed before player arrives

Any more that anyone has found? I doubt I'm going for new features, just fixing.

Cheers

:)

MrN, should I hold off on starting your campaign and wait for your fixes?

I've never played an SP campaign in Arma before. I started playing the included Arma SP campaign which almost caused me to delete Arma off my drive forever (luckily I found MP). But reading this thread, I'm hoping I can be convinced that an Arma SP campaign can be fun.

Hi DesertJedi

The only mission breaker I've found is on the POW mission mentioned, I only found it by accident. It's a rare bug I guess as this version has been floating around for a year and no one has mentioned it that I can recall.

I have no idea when I'm going to put an update up, to use that irritating phrase "it'll be ready when it's ready". Whenever I change anything I always have the fear I will break something else!

I started playing the included Arma SP campaign which almost caused me to delete Arma off my drive forever

The very reason I started this mission all that time ago. :)

I'm hoping I can be convinced that an Arma SP campaign can be fun

Give it a go is all i can say, I'm sure some don't like it because it's not at all realistic, very random and at first probably confusing due to the poor documentation. But you should find everytime you play it the gameplay will be slightly different.

Cheers

Thanks! Will do.

Best mission ever!

I tweaked all the class names in all files(I think) to use ACE class names and I haven't seen any problems thus far. After playing this mission for years I still love it.

@DesertJedi

Thanks! Will do.

Cool. Let me know how you get on, bad bits included. Like I say it's not for everyone.

Best mission ever!

:tongue:

Lol, I doubt it! But your continued support and enthusiasm is appreciated, especially when you were still trying to play it when it was a bag of spanners! :bounce3:

Update:

http://www.armaholic.eu/mrn/Dyna_War092m.rar

0.92M

Fixed temp base medtent deleting on purge if player near

Fixed RTB from remote bases

Added hint for distant reinforcing/rearming

Tweaked bonus/accuracy monitor

Tweaked rearming action, can now only be done after a mission like reinforcing

I'm a bit rusty so god knows what I've broken now!

Fixed no evac in POW mission if they're killed before player arrives

Spawning a few more enemies from the Bases

Tweaked DAC config Events, have a suspicion DAC units' eventhandlers weren't configured correctly

Sprinkled some fairy dust over a few misc files, description.ext, briefing, mission files etc.

Fixed too many units spawned in Armour groups

Tweaked Artillery script

Tweaked Base scripts

New mission. Defend artillery.

New mission. Attack artillery.

New mission. Headhunter, go into enemy territory and kill at least 20 units. Rating has to be over 250 to access.

Hasn't been tested as much as I'd like but as Arma 2 is on the horizon I thought I'd have a last stab at it.

Cheers

Hi, any chance of a multiplayer version of this mission?

I like it a lot.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update MrN.

Very much looking forward to play it once again. :bounce3:

Great update MrN.

This has gotten me back into playing this great mission.