Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

Sincere thanks Mr.N!

Nice work sir.

The DAC2 really adds the feel(but i do keep getting shot down or attacked by a Kamov... sad_o.gif ) <---that’s still a good thing!

Guess I’ll have to learn to be more careful.

The only thing that’s bothering me is that my AI troops seem to wander around a bit after being inserted by chopper or chute. They will eventually fall in. Are they set to 'engage at will' by default?

Also, I’m using the United Sahrani version, don't know if that happens on the ordinary Sahrani..

Good work though, must have been some real uber coffee you had wink_o.gif

Love it... makes me want to play arma again

I like the music in this mission did you make it? I was shot out of the sky whilst on a parachute and watched myself flutter down to the ground dead with some sad cello playing was very atmospheric.

only 1 bug so far whilst the enemy were fleeing in the attck city mission they had no weapons, infact there was hardly any incoming so i'm not sure if they had any wepons at all - was this on purpose?

Thanks Q!

Good to see there's still some interest in this soon to be one year old mission!

I don't think I've ever been shot down by a Kamov in all the hours I've tested this, so consider yourself lucky stegman. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Are they set to 'engage at will' by default?

No, don't think so.

@colligpip

Quote[/b] ]Love it... makes me want to play arma again

That's good to know!

Quote[/b] ]I like the music in this mission did you make it?

Lol, no. It's from this

Quote[/b] ]they had no weapons, infact there was hardly any incoming so i'm not sure if they had any wepons at all - was this on purpose?

Yep, when the bad guys flee they lose their weapons.

How about slowdown? There is a little bit after it's settled down at mission start but how is it after that? I've tried to be reasonably cautious with how many groups are being spawned because my pc isn't exactly a mega-rig by todays standards and a few more causes it to lag

What's the consensus on the POW mission? Personally my heart sinks whenever I get it so I'm thinking of removing it. I could use it as a basis for a bigger version of attack the base instead.I have a couple of ideas for other missions and would prgress more on those I think than trying to fix this one.

Any issues so far with the Raid mission?

smile_o.gif

What's the consensus on the POW mission? Personally my heart sinks whenever I get it so I'm thinking of removing it. I could use it as a basis for a bigger version of attack the base instead.I have a couple of ideas for other missions and would prgress more on those I think than trying to fix this one.

The only thing about it that really bothers me is the massive squad. Ordering them around is a pain. I would rather have seperate squads that can be given move orders via the radio or something (like how the infantry/tanks/choppers/APCs work). Being able to set things like combat mode and open fire/hold fire would be useful too. ArmA's squad interface just seems annoying to use once you have to use the F11 and F12 keys to cycle through groups.

Having support like artillery available for POW missions would be nice too. The player just has to be smart enough not kill the POWs with it. Maybe make the POW position a bit random too? So the player does not immediately know where he can 'safely' call the support.

The use of DAC is great. Maybe have a few more enemies around. Some random squads including motorized and mechanised infantry would be nice.

Does armour like T72s and BMPs ever get used by the enemies? I don't recall seeing any. Would give the player a real reason to call support wink_o.gif

Maybe an abort mission option would be nice for when things go bad. Although it needs to punish the player somehow. Increasing enemy morale/experience maybe?

I noticed once that the chopper crew got out of their chopper and stayed by it after dropping me off. I got in the chopper to see why, and it was in perfect condition. The engine even started and there was no damage.

Also (this was in an old version) I ejected out of the chopper before it landed, and when it landed and started dropping off my squad, I got kicked out of my parachute crazy_o.gif I must have been about 100m above the ground at the time. Maybe add a check that the unit is still in the chopper before he gets out.

Also, since the whole squad gets dumped out at once, they sometimes get in the way. Maybe adding a delay between them? The same for paradrops, I've been killed jumping out of the chopper. It seems like all the parachutes are hitting each other and this can kill some units.

Edit: I haven't had a chance to test the raid mission properly. When I did get one, I landed too close to the enemies and was getting surrounded in a neighburhood outside Bagango. Some machinegunner shot me in the back. So I never got to find that officer whistle.gif

Did you remove all effects in the last version? I use so much effects from other independent mods so I dont need more flames and smoke biggrin_o.gif

edit: RTFM once more... I did read the changelog, and thank you! smile_o.gif

MrN:

I loved this mission before, until the raid bug. I have installed the new version and the required Map_Misc 1.05, but my first misson was a patrol in the middle of the ocean! What might I be doing wrong?

@Maddmatt

Some good stuff there, thankyou.

Quote[/b] ] Some random squads including motorized and mechanised infantry would be nice.

Does armour like T72s and BMPs ever get used by the enemies? I don't recall seeing any. Would give the player a real reason to call support

There are some motor patrols, I think. crazy_o.gif But it's a big area to cover so you might not come across them. I may start introducing my old spawning scripts as well as DAC so there's enemy moving from base to base like before but I want to keep slowdown in check.

For some reason that I can't remember I've limited tanks on the early missions, it's only after the players got 5 missions or more under their belt they'll start getting the tougher armour. I could keep this for Cadet and start them from the beginning for Veteran.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe add a check that the unit is still in the chopper before he gets out.

Ok, not something I'd considered.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe an abort mission option would be nice for when things go bad. Although it needs to punish the player somehow. Increasing enemy morale/experience maybe?

Has been requested before and I've resisted, mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to rewrite the mission scripts to incorporate this. tounge2.gif Maybe, if the mood takes me.

Quote[/b] ]I haven't had a chance to test the raid mission properly. When I did get one, I landed too close to the enemies and was getting surrounded in a neighburhood outside Bagango. Some machinegunner shot me in the back

Sh*t happens eh? wink_o.gif

@andersson

Quote[/b] ]RTFM once more... I did read the changelog, and thank you!

smile_o.gif

@victor66

Quote[/b] ]I have installed the new version and the required Map_Misc 1.05, but my first misson was a patrol in the middle of the ocean! What might I be doing wrong?

Someone else had this earlier on, I think it was related to a sandbag addon for some reason. Might be worth checking your addons for it?

Cheers

There are some motor patrols, I think. crazy_o.gif But it's a big area to cover so you might not come across them. I may start introducing my old spawning scripts as well as DAC so there's enemy moving from base to base like before but I want to keep slowdown in check.

For some reason that I can't remember I've limited tanks on the early missions, it's only after the players got 5 missions or more under their belt they'll start getting the tougher armour. I could keep this for Cadet and start them from the beginning for Veteran.

Oh. Before 1.09 I would never last 5 missions in, because I didn't play without mods and of course loading the savegames would eventually just crash the game icon_rolleyes.gif

Now that it's fixed, I guess I'll encounter the armour next time I play smile_o.gif

By the way, could you explain the differences between the 2 difficulty levels? Enemy numbers and skill only?

Quote[/b] ]By the way, could you explain the differences between the 2 difficulty levels? Enemy numbers and skill only?

Mostly. The other differences are on Cadet :

The first 3 missions will be patrols to help the player build up their rating.

No tanks for the first 5 missions

On Vet:

No chopper cam

All missions available from the start.

I think that's it...

MrN:

Thanks -- it was RAE Sand bag fix -- Now if I can find a couple of hours for playing!!!

second that. Had an issue too, when starting. I had the spawnpoint in the NE ocean. It was RAE_sandbagFix.pbo, that caused it. Now it works.

One strange thing remains: when I have a patrol mission it sometimes deletes the enemy troops while I engage them bc. it says the mission is already accomplished before I reach the patrol area. Any clue?

edit: it deletes crashed helis instantly after after destruction. Is this feature or bug?

Quote[/b] ]One strange thing remains: when I have a patrol mission it sometimes deletes the enemy troops while I engage them bc. it says the mission is already accomplished before I reach the patrol area. Any clue?

Nope, not had that before. It also shouldn't be deleting troops until the mission is ended by the player or you get over 2km away from the body. Sorry, I can't help on that one, does it only happen with patrols?

Quote[/b] ]edit: it deletes crashed helis instantly after after destruction. Is this feature or bug?

This could be a "feature". wink_o.gif I'll look into it.

EDIT- Was it an evac chopper? That WILL delete if it goes down so you can get another one.

Thanks for the update Mr. N! You are too good! I installed the updated version plus Mapfact and the first few times I started the mission, it was kind of dodgy. Kind of lioke stuff not loading, shaders going awry,etc.. HOWEVER, it seemed to sort itself out and played a mission w/ out the special effects. The fps definitely seemed much improved. I'll be getting deeper into it, but it seems to run better. I like the addition of Mapfact. That's pretty cool having the planes, choppers flying support on a patrol. Makes one feel more a part of a larger action taking place. I haven't spent much time with it to see what other goodies you added. I like the way the arty is now. Much better than earlier versions.

Thanks again!

I was landing in a LZ and was first one out, getout from actionmenu, but my avatar kept running! My userinput was disabled so I left my squad at the LZ and continued into the northern wilderness (my squad was killed by 2 kamovs within 1 minute). Can that bug be from your mission?

MrN,

Thanks for the updates, I like them. I did a few missions with the latest version, but I found a few problems and I cannot continue.

On the POW mission (2nd mission), I got this error, just after I contacted the POWs and got the message from them to call an evac chopper and the rest of the squad will stay behind.

dwpowerrorue3.jpg

Then, on mission 5 (ambush traveling infantry squad around Bagango), the mission cannot be ended. The mission marker is removed from the map and the "Call evac chopper" menu item shows up in the radio menu (0-0-9), but once back at the base, the officer doesn't have the End Mission action. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the problem, but I had to reload the game during landing.

Can you please also take a look at the heli landing script? Almost every time I get returned to the base, 1-5 of my team die because of the chopper. (The reason I reloaded the game during landing was because I lost 6 people at that time, while no one was even injured during the mission.) It seems to happen less when getting deployed for a mission, but it does happen almost every time when returning to the base.

Hmm. One question about the mapfact file we also have to download. Where do you put it at? Tried to start the Dynamic War mission and said it needed mapfact. help.gif

Hmm. One question about the mapfact file we also have to download.  Where do you put it at?  Tried to start the Dynamic War mission and said it needed mapfact.   help.gif

You mean Map_Misc, just stick into any of your mod folder/addons ie @Mapfact/addons

Quote[/b] ]Then, on mission 5 (ambush traveling infantry squad around Bagango), the mission cannot be ended.

I have seen this issue with earlier versions of DW. Not sure if it's a mission glitch or conflict with a mod or the game is logging too many "actions" (I forgot what the real word is) and cannot get to the proper value to kick the mission to end.

I find this glitch with a lot of ARMA missions, including multiplayer. It seems to be some type of engine glitch because of so many persistent items that are being calculated in the ARMA world. If this could be solved, ARMA would truly kick.

@Salindawg

Quote[/b] ] ... the first few times I started the mission, it was kind of dodgy. Kind of lioke stuff not loading, shaders going awry,etc..

Curious, I get a couple of lod issues if it's the first time I've played the missions on a fresh start of Arma but I thought that was just Arma having a stretch and realising it's got to do something. wink_o.gif

@andersson

Yep, my bad. It was something I hadn't double guessed and I was trying to be fancy, playing an anim after the unit's out of the helo, as always it backfires and goes wrong. I've now removed it.

@xxbbcc

Yep, I had that earlier on the POW mission, I've now changed this substantially so that error shouldn't happen.

The problem you describe with the action menu finally materialised for me earlier today, it happened when I'd reloaded a save since the objective was complete and died on the way back. I have taken action to try and fix it, we'll see.

I hadn't had that many issues with the chopper scripts but I've now rewritten part of them so they should be much more stable and reliable. Although, I've probably said that before. smile_o.gif

@CzingerX

Like froggyman says. Did you get it working?

Cheers

Yes I did get it working. I've installed other mods before. I should of known better. Thanks for the help. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes I did get it working. I've installed other mods before. I should of known better. Thanks for the help.

I'm sure we've all been there. wink_o.gif

There's quite a few errors in this version so please don't spend too much time with it, I have an update due in a day or two.

still enjoying this - anychance of a mp version? sorry if you have said yes/no already i have not seen