Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Dynamic War

Regarding the day/night cycle, isn't arma set up to use [cntrl] key + [+] key (or [-] key to slow down) to make arma time speed up?

I have never used it, but does it work for user missions as well?

Ace mission so far. I've managed to to avoid the savegame bug by not saving mid-mission and that seems to work for me, but not for everyone it seems.

I have had one major bug though, i'd completed around 6 missions and enemies just seemed to stop respawning, even after several goes on several different mission types. Looking forward to the next update MrN and good work so far.

@Sailindawg

Quote[/b] ]I have never used it, but does it work for user missions as well?

Yep, it'll work in everything except MP.

@Sbua

Quote[/b] ]i'd completed around 6 missions and enemies just seemed to stop respawning

Oh, that's a bit concerning. I've had that once with the chopper pilots but not with the enemy. Don't suppose you can remember what mission it was? Or, did it do it on any mission?

Cheers

@Sbua
Quote[/b] ]i'd completed around 6 missions and enemies just seemed to stop respawning

Oh, that's a bit concerning. I've had that once with the chopper pilots but not with the enemy. Don't suppose you can remember what mission it was? Or, did it do it on any mission?

Cheers

I have had this bug once or twice too. It did not seem to be after a set amount of missions. Playing on cadet/no effects, it has happened on the 1st and 3rd missions for me. (in the same save). First was obviously a patrol mission and I'm pretty sure the 3rd one was too.

I use timeskip when in the chopper flying to the LZ, and the thing I did differently this particular night was forcing the timeskip back up to 4x after the disembarking script (or whatever does it) had slowed it back to 1x at the end of the flight.

Both times I had a mission with no enemies were times I was a bit impatient and cranked it back up to 4x just before disembarking. I didn't do any testing after the 2nd time, I just restarted the mission and told myself to be a little bit more patient when landing smile_o.gif

I haven't had the problem since, and it may not be related at all, but I thought I would let you know.

Oh, and huuuuge props for the time you have spent on this mission MrN, it is by far my favourite mission at the moment.

Having played since your first release, it is incredible to see the changes/fixes/additions you have implemented.

Your time is seriously appreciated for making Arma a better experience for all us single players =D

Quote[/b] ] Oh, and huuuuge props for the time you have spent on this mission MrN, it is by far my favourite mission at the moment.

Having played since your first release, it is incredible to see the changes/fixes/additions you have implemented.

Your time is seriously appreciated for making Arma a better experience for all us single players =D

I second that, and it happened on pretty much all mission types for me after that certain point. I'm guna restart the mission now and have another go to see if it happens again.

@frog

Quote[/b] ]...

I guess it could be related to the time acceleration but that's why I put loads of delays in the scripts to stop the game tripping up. It's a bit of a mystery to me why they would stop spawning TBH. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]changes/fixes/additions you have implemented

Cheers dude, mine's a lager. wink_o.gif The changes that you're seeing in the mission are related to 2 things, my incompetence at scripting getting less chronic and the excellent feedback I've had. Although I was weary of releasing this in it's early stages I'm glad I did because it's made me more determined to try and get it right.

smile_o.gif

@Sbua

Quote[/b] ]happened on pretty much all mission types for me after that certain point

Curiouser and curiouser.

confused_o.gif

Oh well, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

smile_o.gif

Regarding the enemies not spawning....

I have seen this also. With the 91f version, on the very first patrol @ Cadet level (with or without FX on), I have gone through the patrol and not seen an enemy. I get to the completion point (red circle) and the mission in completed.

Initially, I thought that was how you may have written the mission, hence, DYNAMIC War. Hell, in real life, not every mission results in contact, so I thought that may apply here.

I have had the "Raid the terrorist base" mission not respawn enemy as I approached the base. I met some OPFOR outside the base, subdued them and went on to find the base empty. Once I got to the completion point (red circle) the mission did not end nor could I call a chopper evac. When I called a chopper evac, I got a message to complete the mission first.

The other glitch I have seen was on an earlier version, .91d or .91e, I had to protect the town/civilians. When I went to pick my LZ, I was denied permission. So, I loaded up a truck, got to the town and engaged the OPFOR. After eliminating all OPFOR, I found the heavily armed civilians outside the town, where they stayed. The mission would not end even though all OPFOR were eliminated and I was in the red circle area for ~5-10 minutes.

Generally, when these things happen, I log off, go to the arma file where the missions saves are and remove all saves, but the autosave file. That at least keeps me at the last completed mission.

I hope this helps.

Quote[/b] ]on the very first patrol

Done on purpose on the patrols.

However,

Quote[/b] ]The other glitch I have seen

Isn't the plan.

Nor this

Quote[/b] ]The mission would not end even though all OPFOR were eliminated

But, as long as this

Quote[/b] ]That at least keeps me at the last completed mission.

happens, then all is groovy. biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

Is this dynamic war, something you can play with AI on

multiplayer, or is this single player only?

I am new at ARMA but I absolutely love the game so far.

Best Wishes,

SXO792

Is this dynamic war, something you can play with AI on

multiplayer, or is this single player only?

I am new at ARMA but I absolutely love the game so far.

Best Wishes,

SXO792

It is single player only and very good. It's premise is to always regenerate a mission. There's about 4 or 5 mission types and you will never get the same identical scenario twice. Give it a try, it's people/modders like Mr. N that make ARMA very fresh and interesting.

Enjoy!

First off, this mission keeps me playing ARMA! Excellent work! I have only run into one issue -- I am supposed to kill the officer -- it is a raid mission -- I have done that and eliminated all the baddies in the area, but the mission does not end? Called for evac and the officer tells me I have not completed the mission. Any thoughts?

@stevenxowens792

As Sailindawg said, SP only.

@Sailindawg

Quote[/b] ]wrong thread

whistle.gif

tounge2.gif

@victor66

Quote[/b] ]First off, this mission keeps me playing ARMA!

Thanks fella! Glad to hear it.

Quote[/b] ]but the mission does not end
Quote[/b] ]Any thoughts

Only, not another bug ffs! Are you playing the latest version? (0.91f), did you get the brief cutscene when the officer died?

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]Yep, got the cut scene and playing with latest version.

K, how many missions in (roughly), did the briefing show mission complete, any addons running and did you try the Evac call again?

Any info appreciated, I was hoping to wrap this up soon. banghead.gif

Cheers

About 6 missions in and no add ons running. Actually I should add that after I evac'd out I reverted to an earlier save -- there is no red area around the map coordinates where I was to kill the officer.

Great mod/campaign! This is something cool and fun to play with!

I'm getting the same problem as Victor, 2 mods (dm_smoke and fdf_sounds) played 2 missions, killed with a m240 the first time and with artillery the second time, playing veteran mode with fx (awesome features!! they helps with the low framerate combats).

I noticed on the up-right corner of the map some markers on the sea.

I get those bugs/error/crash:

- ctd when loading saves done in-mission (not all but many)

- kill the officer not ending

- the chopper sometimes crash on the landing zone or drop the team from altitude (10 meters banghead.gif stupid pilot)

- rearm at the tent, gives you only the m4, so i have to go by the ammocrates for other equipment

- i noticed some artillery barrage engaged by other members of the squad, can it be? and they're faster and effective

- the radio on the map disappear

Suggestions, if you mind wink_o.gif:

- make some troops static so the artillery is in someway usefull! cause is too slow for moving targets

After fixing the main bugs, whats you plans for the future?

It's going to be a masterpiece with cooperative and extended gameplay.

Mr. N I have seen the same problems that the others are reporting. Also, the save function is buggered. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Add-ons used:

CSM sound effects, DM smoke mod, Trueview 1.1, Truemods (gui and crosshair) & Sick Boy's SixPack Tracers mod.

I also use VAC. That doesn't seem to mess with ARMA.

I hope this helps.

Mr. N I have seen the same problems that the others are reporting. Also, the save function is buggered. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Add-ons used:

CSM sound effects, DM smoke mod, Trueview 1.1, Truemods (gui and crosshair) & Sick Boy's SixPack Tracers mod.

I also use VAC. That doesn't seem to mess with ARMA.

I hope this helps.

Everyone who has the save game issues seems to be using DMsmoke mod.

I had the same issue till I removed the mod and trigger from that mission to run it. My guess is its bumping the variables back up over the limit.

My save games work fine without it. But because I love the mod so much, I have gone back to using it and doing the "backup save game" method, which so far is working fine.

@frogg

What is the "backup save game method". I have read one poster state that he saves, alt-tabs out, navigates to the saved game file under My Documents and saves the Saved Game file for Dynamic War.

Is this how you are doing it?

@Mr N

I may have found why my saves were corrupting. I believe it may have been Sick Boy's tracer mod. I loaded the Sick_Pack1 folder, but only loaded the tracer file. Eventhough I only loaded the tracer mod, I was also getting a blood effect. Not the spurting blood, but increased blood by wounds and some pools on the ground by bodies.

I removed the mod and played a few missions, after doing a clean install with the DynaWar file. The missions ran fine, I saved and left the game. I rebooted the game and restarted the mission with no crash.

I had forgotten about your post regarding the amount of variables. Most of the mods I run do not impact the number of variables. Sick_Pack1 mod did because of the increased blood. That seemed to put everything over the edge and corrupted the save game files.

I will see how long this works and post back if I start getting corrupted saves again.

@victor66

Quote[/b] ]About 6 missions in and no add ons running.

Ok thanks, I'll double check things but it seems to be ok here. huh.gif

@d2duke

Quote[/b] ]I noticed on the up-right corner of the map some markers on the sea.

Yup, just laziness on my part.

Quote[/b] ]I get those bugs/error/crash:

- ctd when loading saves done in-mission (not all but many)

- kill the officer not ending

- the chopper sometimes crash on the landing zone or drop the team from altitude (10 meters banghead.gif stupid pilot)

- rearm at the tent, gives you only the m4, so i have to go by the ammocrates for other equipment

- i noticed some artillery barrage engaged by other members of the squad, can it be? and they're faster and effective

- the radio on the map disappear

-Read salindawgs & froggs posts re: addons

-Looking into it

-It's rare but I know it still happens.

-Yep smile_o.gif

-Yep, there's west artillery that can be called by the players group. It's an unintentional side-effect of the friendlies having artillery.

-Yep, I've had a tip for fixing this but I haven't had much editing time recently.

Quote[/b] ]Suggestions, if you mind

I don't mind suggestions at all, just don't be offended if I don't implement them. wink_o.gif It would be a bit pointless adding static troops, it's up to you to make sure the artillery is useful. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After fixing the main bugs, whats you plans for the future?

Don't know yet. I'm much more relaxed about this now I've got the savegame working so I'm treating it as an organic mission, if I see something I like or think of something to add I will but I have no firm plans.

MP scripting scares me so it's unlikely it will be me that converts it, a lot of the changes I've had to do make it even less MP friendly.

@Sailindawg

As you've now discovered, effects mods can impact the savegame. I'm under no illusions the savegame is perfect but I am skating on thin ice with the amount of variables so it can still cause the occasional issue.

BTW, what's VAC?

@frogg

Quote[/b] ]Everyone who has the save game issues seems to be using DMsmoke mod.

Thanks for the tip. I'll add something to the readme about additional FX mods.

Cheers

smile_o.gif

@ Mr N

Quote[/b] ]BTW, what's VAC?

VAC = Voice Activated Command program. It' a very sweet program for using speech activated key commands. Works very well for squad command.

Regarding it's compatibility with ARMA, it does have one issue. It seems to impact how ARMA allocates portions of the game in memory. What occurs, is that when I go to an ammo box, the gear applet opens. One cannot scroll through the ammo selections. The selection bar keeps going back to the top. I need to alt-tab out of and back into the game. This corrects the behavior. After that, one can scroll through the amoos selections. Sometimes it occurs with the map. The map cannot be resized. Sometimes a shift + [-] key + flush gets it right.

Because an alt-tab cures this behavior, I suspect VAC running the background somehow impacts ARMA & how ARMA allocates itself to memory. The alt-tab is said to clear vid mem & maybe sys RAM. I know that the flush just clears video card RAM. At any rate, this behavior does not seem to impact how ARMA saves games.

The save game issue here seems to parallel EVO-SP. I believe that both of you solved the save game problem in the same manner.

Anyway, back to VAC, it's a geat program for issuing commands to the AI squad. There's another application called SHOUT that some use. I have not tried that one yet. I should give it a try now that I understand how these programs work.

Ohh.......one more thing.......when I run the game with the FX on, the context menu is very hard to highlight with the mouse scroll wheel and click to select with the middle mouse button. What happens, is that the intended item never gets selected. The only way to accurately select, is to use keyboard stroke only. I usually play with FX off. I find the context menus much more amenable to use with the mouse. The mouse context menu selection accuracy comes back with FX off.

No matter how I try, I can't gett used to that bullet cam. It's pretty cool for sniping and it's much improved in .91f. It is a matter for taste though.

Enjoying your mission very much!

Hi, very nice mission, indeed! smile_o.gif

But I found a bug.

When you ask the Pilot for LZ and you have chosen it, and when that cutscene comes up with that cool music, then after a small moment this error message pops up in the corner:

armaerrorkm4.jpg

I tried several times, but it's just coming and coming. I have only tried this Dynamic war mission on its first mission, were you must chose difficulty and get a patrol, I don't know if this problem continues ahead in the game on the next missions, but at least this error occurs at the start of your dynamic war career confused_o.gif

Stuntman,

You may not get an answer to this since it was discussed in one of the previous pages. Anyway, if I can remember correctly, the message will not effect the overall performance of this campaign at all. It's purely cosmetic. I believe MrN. also explained how one may fix this if they so desire. I can't remember if he said he'd fix in the next version or not but I'm almost positive he said it will not have any ill effect. I don't remember what page it was on and didn't look so I'm sorry I can't ell you where to look. The message popped up after the most recent version release(I think) so the explanation was posted around July 29th, in case you want to double check if I remembered correctly.