Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Yeah i would like a MH-47 Chinook  like in OFP  

But who  Can Make 1 ?

confused_o.gif

Hi all.

I would like to see some FN SCAR rifles, from the CQB variant to the sniper.... biggrin_o.gif

I would love to see more southeast asian stuff.

once the tools get out and we can start edit the p3d files i would like to see one of these:

http://www.koh-chang.com/images/title/p_21.gif

and more civillian scooters.

edit.

And if someone could make a good Erythroxylum coca plant that would be awesome, esp if its opensource. wink_o.gif

UH-1 Hueys!

Any and all variants.

They are must have helos for ArmA. biggrin_o.gif

Also, some CAS fixed-wing aircraft, like an OV-10 Bronco would be awesome.

Some true to life Marine uniforms. Maybe even with Name tags that each person could easily customize or somthing. I doubt that would work seeing how that's not how addons work. But still, True to life Marpat, Body armor, boots/cover w/ Eagle Globe and Anchor. All that jazz. They would be awesome looking if everything looked exactly true to Regs.

Is it possible to convert my Arabia island frolm OFP straight into armed assault, with nothing more than config values... ie, would it still show up regardless of whether it has the new sat mapping, with only textures?

Would be great if someone converted Kyle Sarniks "falling helmet" addon! Maybe i´d even become a standard since ArmA is still young.

This isn't specifically for a single addon, but would any budding AI modders be able to make a custom AI for artillery? Is this even possible?

Abs

Antitank: (All portable - man and/or vehicle)

-AT3 Sagger

-AT4 Spigot

-AT5 Spandrel

-AT7 Saxhorn

-MT-12 (towable)

-HOT

-TOW

-Milan

-M901 ITV

You forgot the FGM-148 Javelin whistle.gif

A mod revolving around African Blood Diamonds would be cool.

light/heavy mortars , that are not static.

Everything from world war 2

islands/armys etc

Towable anti tank guns and artillery

trenches, foxholes, pillboxes, bunkers.

Camouflage nets, wasnt there a mod where youd pickup leaves and branches from trees and the more youd pick the more camoed youd look ?

Seasonal texture mods on certain islands.

real paratrooper from planes(c47,ju52)

Trains, boats, blimps.

Parachutable guns/supply crates

All that in a nice cti with dynamic action wink_o.gif

[*]Engineering vehicles;especially bridging units.

[*]Scripted key buildings such as power plants, power lines, water towers, communication towers, etc; that, when destroyed, cause towns and cities to be effected, i.e. Blow up the power plant or lines going to a city and they have no lights.

[*]Supply ships/transport aircraft (scripted).

Lets explain via an example: Your designing a CTI Multiplayer mission and you want your OPFOR units to invade the island via the sea. You capture a port and this becomes the primary supply point. After every battle that you fight you will come back here to resupply, or move supplies from here to the next base. A scripted ship addon is placed on a waypoint cycle where by every so often it will arrive at the port and re supply it. The resupply ship will become a target as a result; if the enemy can destroy it they can prevent vital supplies from reaching the port and therefore the allied troops. The ship being scripted will mean that more players can engage in the action. If the ship is ever attacked it will send out an emergency call that will mean the OPFOR team will need to send out support to protect it. This could be done with aircraft as well.

[*]Life rafts and emergency rescue equipment, to prolong the life of airmen/women after they eject from an aircraft; or sailor at sea after bailing from a boat/ship. Great for multiplayer missions and CSAR. Would include, beacons and flares as well as rafts and life vests.

[*] A working winch system that could be used to rescue airmen or injured soldiers from the battle field. Operation FrenchPoint have a working system in OFP maybe this could be brought over to ARMA.

[*]<span style='color:blue'>TBC...</span>

I was wondering if it was possible to create a script that could be placed in an invisible marker, or as a game logic, that when placed on the map could make areas surrounding water harder to traverse across i.e. making them muddy or boggy?

It would be cool if this could dynamically change with the weather or time of day (due to tides). As an example of how this would/could work: Say you have an amphibious team that is raiding a beach, but it has been raining and the sand is wet; once the team has disembarked, they would have to cross the beach to get to their target, but the speed with which they cross the area is limited to walking, because the wet sand is limiting their movement. This would also be great by a river bank where the troops would be impeded by mud.

This could be an interesting asset for mission makers, as these scripts could be placed in areas that could be susceptible to becoming boggy, and therefore increasing the time it takes to get across the area or making an area impassible; the script could even result in some vehicles becoming bogged down resulting in the crew and passengers having to abandon the vehicle to find hard cover. Bogged down vehicles could (maybe in CTI games) be recovered by recovery vehicles that could be immune, to some extent, from the effects of the script.

I felt that OFP had environmental limitations for mission makers and I feel the same regarding ARMA. If scripted Game logics or Markers could be placed in maps to achieve this then I'm sure that there are other effects that could be achieved.

As a mission maker (albeit a crap one) I would appreciate something that could change the environment a mission takes place in. There are too many times when I wish that a tank or some other vehicle would get stuck in the mud to change the mission dramatically; or that a commander would have to re-think a misison because the ground would be effected by the weather meaning he might have to take a route that would be longer, but easier to cross, or one that is further away but faster; to prevent him from charging the enemy or flanking it easily.

ARMA gives the player the ability to almost go anywhere, which shouldn't be the case. If the way the land we fought on effected the way we fought there would be scope for addon makers to make 'useful' addons.

I hope that someone experienced will be inspired (if you can understand what I am on about) to start this ball rolling.

<span style='color:red'>TBC...</span>

A mod revolving around African Blood Diamonds would be cool.

And the chance to shoot Leonardo de Caprio would be even cooler! tounge2.gif

Hi, i'll like to see and have, a conversion for ArmA of the BGN 1.24 Tracers script used by the SFP 1.4.1 they look way more realistic that the ArmA tracers and the ricochet effect is just perfect.

And also some day with time and a lot of quality... a SFP/SAF mod or just a bunch of stand alone addons based on the Swedish Armed Forces, begining by the Bofors AK5. Let's C ya

I fully agree low light, hope some of that concept gets realised.

UK troops in desert kit.

BritainC.jpg

Uk sea kings

1010569515b.jpg

UN verhicles and soldiers of any nation

unifil09.jpg

I would love to see an add-on thats allows AI to use lean intelligently as well as a new animation to 'lean up' when crouched behind something.

UK troops in desert kit.

out of date pic tho... unless you want the old ECBA?

RKSL are making a Sea King.

i would like someone to make a reskin of the RACS landrovers to some guerilla landies..

maybe two paintschemes... one for the southern Sahrani and one for Northern...

and maybe a similar reskin of the Urals too?

it would be amazing to have some Bond stuff + Bond himself(Pierce Brosnan someone?) smile_o.gif

and maybe austin Powers and so on? huh? rofl.gif

Hello I love a sniper guns can somebody creat for 1.01

Please make Explosive bullets for antitank and anti air fast shot :P and 1 of bullets to enemy thanck great Addon makers!!!

--------------------------

Smokeys BARRETT M82A1 II

Length: 1540mm

Built Material: Metal & ABS

Package: Gun/ Magazine/ Manual/ 3 shells

img324.jpg

img325.jpgimg326.jpgimg327.jpg