Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Gnat @ Nov. 27 2007,03:43)]
One thing, did you post a list of the ships, etc. you intend to release? I briefly checked but didn't see one.

Good point Manzilla, I don't recall doing that for my Naval projects;

Frigates:

- OHP Class - 80%

- Krivak - 90%

Destroyers:

- Type 45 - 40%

- Arleigh Burke - 50%

Subs:

- Los Angeles - 90%

- Akula - 90%

- Typhoon - 90%

- Delta IV - 60%

Other:

- FSF-1 Sea Fighter - 80%

- Sparviero Fast Attack Class - 20%

- Fast Attack Hydrofoil 2 - 0%

- Kuznetsov Carrier - 90%

- Nimitz Carrier - 40%

- LCAC - 20%

- Landing craft - 10%

- Zodiacs - 80%

%-Complete is only a wild guess.

Thank you sir. I didn't mean to put you on the spot, I was just curious what I should be looking forward to. Appreciate the info. pistols.gifthumbs-up.gif

Ahhh one of my most anticipated addons in ArmA wink_o.gif Cant wait for it =D Cheers for the update, looks like u got a lot of work on your hands :O

too much stuff for one person .... i don't think we will see anything even untill New Year.

Hey I love your work but there is one thing that i'd like... There is an aircraft carrier with storage underneath for attacking land with hover crafts and stuff from ofp... Ill get the link soon

Thats Klinks ship from OFP ...... I know of it, its very nice but a similar project I'm not working on, others are.

I even forgot about this topic, lol. ArmA navy will be finished with ArmA2 wink_o.gif

Hi Gnat,

In reference to the Carriers ya workn on,Ihave two sounds i added to the Hawk nimitz a few years ago that i think ya might like.

The two sounds are for the Catapult and Arrestor Gear.

They came from the F18/Carrier pack that was released for FS9 a long time ago.

Let me know if want a copy of em and ill post a link.Or a copy of the sqs files to save time getting the sounds called at the right point.Ya prolly wont need to look at the scripts i modded cos it was prety straight forward were to put em.But i coulda just fluked it! lol  

I think you would still be able to Download the FS9 stuff if ya know where to get FS9 addons if you want to get the Pack yourself.If you play FS9 its highly recomended.

To get them workn I called the sounds in the scripts at the right point and it worked fantastic.The sound of the Catapult throwing you out and the Great "whoosh" sound from the Arrestor gear was very exciting and really helped to get the heart rate up during launches and recoverys.

Gnat @ Nov. 27 2007,04:43)]
One thing, did you post a list of the ships, etc. you intend to release? I briefly checked but didn't see one.

Good point Manzilla, I don't recall doing that for my Naval projects;

Frigates:

- OHP Class - 80%

- Krivak - 90%

Destroyers:

- Type 45 - 40%

- Arleigh Burke - 50%

Subs:

- Los Angeles - 90%

- Akula - 90%

- Typhoon - 90%

- Delta IV - 60%

Other:

- FSF-1 Sea Fighter - 80%

- Sparviero Fast Attack Class - 20%

- Fast Attack Hydrofoil 2 - 0%

- Kuznetsov Carrier - 90%

- Nimitz Carrier - 40%

- LCAC - 20%

- Landing craft - 10%

- Zodiacs - 80%

%-Complete is only a wild guess.

I only hope that once you hit 100% on any of these vehicles that you will release it right away and not try to make a pack. Your ships look great and Arma needs them badly, so please do not release them as a pack.

New WIP Video

@Bugkill

Yep, probably in pairs. ie one red and 1 blue

@ANZACSAS Steve

Sounds cool, I'll be in touch when I touch that project again smile_o.gif Thx

@mankyle

Nice looking ship smile_o.gif

nice WIp video gnat! biggrin_o.gif love the spinning of the antennas and textures look very good too from what i could see. smile_o.gif

Looks incredible - that looks really complex to sort out - great stuff mate thumbs-up.gif

Quick question: Will you be able to walk around safely while the ship is stopped knowing that there is no random hole in the deck. I noticed it in ofp that many ships had that and it got rather annoying, And that I know ppl are going to make boarding action games and stuff from it as well. And another thing is there an interior?

Looks incredible - that looks really complex to sort out - great stuff mate thumbs-up.gif

x2.

Can't wait to see this project completed. It is a giant leap in addon making and we can see that a serious amount of effort has been put in this project.

Best of luck wink_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMYpFfucP-U

I don't know if some of you have already seen this video, but these guys seem that as they have converted OFP's Nimitz to ArmA.

Even if it is an static model it would be cool to have it for playing a bit.

Easy enough, but theres a few bugs and a bit of extra work if we want to use it for anything other than a "long distance visual".

Update, still working on stuff obviously.

Found a new bug with the Subs, so the Frigates will likely be released first. And no I dont have a date or month.

Carrier_1.jpg

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notworthy.gif

All praise High Lord Gnat!!!!!

Now seriously, they look extremely good, Gnat. I hope you release something soon.

And, maybe someone of the spanish FFAA mod will ask you permission for doing a retex of the Oliver Hazard Perry Frigate

Keep up the good work

will the Kuznetsov have SS-N-19 Shipwreck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Kuznetsov_class_aircraft_carrier

* 12 × SS-N-19 'Shipwreck' anti-ship missile

* 24 × 8-cell SA-N-9 'Gauntlet' VLS Surface-to-air missile

* 8 CADS-1 CIWS (each 2 × 30 mm gatling AA plus 16 SA-N-11 SAM)

* 8 AK-630 antiaircraft guns (6 × 30 mm, 6,000 round/min/mount, 24,000 rounds)

* 2 RBU-12000 UDAV-1 antisubmarine rocket launchers (60 rockets)

* Klinok air defence missile system (24 launchers, 192 vertical launch missiles; rate of fire: 1 missile per 3 s)

* Kashtan air defence gun and missile system (256 missiles, 48,000 rounds; range: 0.5 to 1.5 km)

it looks good cant wait

notworthy.gif

Thanks for the update, Gnat.

These addons sure are great!

Quote[/b] ]And no I dont have a date or month.

So does that mean a guaranteed 2008 release? Hey Yah!  biggrin_o.gif

Jokes mate tounge2.gif   I know it's an involved and detailed project!  Thanks for keeping it going! wink_o.gif