Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Is there any reason you would need a sub?

Because they are used in reality. wink_o.gif

And they are a nice addition for mission making, especially when you have the ability to call some tomahawks, like it was possible in OFP with coc arty. smile_o.gif

Gnat @ Nov. 03 2007,23:43)]OFP Forum oldies may recognise this .....

Is that Akula that never made it to release? I loved Everon Cartel's sub, made a few editor missions with COC torpedos never detonated when they hit it, they just kept swimming along, pushing the sub away in a very gentle, non-violent fashion, which is more humane, but not what one needs in a wargame.

Anyway that screenshot looks great! Textures look good. What kind of functions is it going to have?

Top stuff! thumbs-up.gif

I guess a few people are still thinking these ships are just support for the more normal activities in ArmA .... raids, fast ground assaults, shooting down aircraft etc ... and with many of the ships that is true ... but

With support addons like ICE and Mando Missiles, proper Naval wars become a seriously real possibility.

Even with the current Islands available theres plenty of sea to rule. With a few additions (ie an island like my OFP WaterWorld) warfare on the open sea becomes playable.

It would be quite easy to set up a fleet of various sized ships, subs and aircraft for each side and let 2 teams fight it out.

Arrangments include like a "water" CTI version.

So to your question Prydain; an expensive asset to be protected and used to deliver a deadly payload. .... or the MHQ ... or the re-supply vessel ... or ...

More subs in ARMA! I love it. We can use them to clear the way for marine invasion and also to fire guided missiles at ground targets. In the island world of Arma and OFP these things are more needed than the long-range aviation. The sneak into the area undetected, receive the strike coordinates from men on the ground, fire their missiles and slip away. How can we even doubt that we need these guys in Arma!

Granted, Akula (NATO designation Typhoon) is too big for these missions and has a different purpose, but Gnat already made it, so why not use it? I also remember seeing Schuka's (NATO designation Akula) and Los Angeles screenshots. Those subs are more suited for Arma small operations, do you plan on releasing them too Gnat?

Great looking 'phoon, Gnat - thanks for plugging away on the project - we know you're busy - I think all the ArmA navy fans appreciate it! yay.gif

Because some people like diversity? Combined arms? The same reason you have choppers and you have tanks and infnatery in the same mission playable? All addons to Arma are welcome imo. inlove.gifwelcome.gif

And yeah same as gnat said. xmas_o.gif Can't wait to put out 10-20 subs and ships sneaking around the coast lines and seas and hunting each other down.

@Gnat how will cruise missiles work? Will it be laser designated or map clicked or some Gui system? Hope you can make it work for A.i as a basic support weapon, maybe have them target vehicles and shoot it off?

Gnat @ Nov. 03 2007,15:43)]OFP Forum oldies may recognise this .....

Suba_5.jpg

OH MY GOD! u made it ! smile_o.gif)))

yes, this should have 20 nukes so one sub can blow up whole sahrani and game over smile_o.gif) really good man but ... u r making SO MANY stuff and release nothing ... may be this is the time to change ur tactic? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]OFP Forum oldies may recognise this .....

And we cant all forget that with Typhoons comes the possibility to reenact on one of my favorite books/movies! inlove.gif

Now if only someone would come up with a Tom Cruise character...

(still guessing? Try this:

)

And we cant all forget that with Typhoons comes the possibility to reenact on one of my favorite books/movies!  inlove.gif

)

You're better off playing Dangerous Waters in that case, it's just what you want. Be warned though, it takes a lot of time, but the reward is worth it.

And we cant all forget that with Typhoons comes the possibility to reenact on one of my favorite books/movies!  inlove.gif

)

You're better off playing Dangerous Waters in that case, it's just what you want. Be warned though, it takes a lot of time, but the reward is worth it.

Imho sealift/transport ships and amphibious ships are important - without them tanks like Abrams, T-72 and many other vehicle could not be at the islands. In OFP they had only the "workaround" Poseidon. Maybe BIS don't like ships and naval tech confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It would be quite easy to set up a fleet of various sized ships, subs and aircraft for each side and let 2 teams fight it out.

Arrangments include like a "water" CTI version.

Gnat - ETA release of AAN first ship/vessel?

It looks done to me PLEASE release BETA/Alpha whatever your in. The textures dont have to be perfect to be released for just the alpha.

And a quick question. If you are going to use the gun as a missile launcher.... What about a real naval gun for close range combat.... that would be so much better if you had a separate turret for launching missiles. I love the work SO PLEASE RELEASE smile_o.gif

new comers to arma(ofp's never version) don't know how we, ofp oldies/vets were grinding the path of waiting for addons arrival... so here it goes:

it will be finished when it is finished;

it will be released when it will be done;

nobody pays for addons/mods creation, so addons/mods are made by the creator's free time = less real life time;

and so on, on, and on...

all these things are decided by the creator and only he will make the final decision to release or not to release addon/mod.

BUT... as all creators needs inspiration, it is our ( community's ) primary duty to give it by all means possible. Like gathering as much info about the model which is beeing done as possible, saying right words to support the creators decission to make and continue the work, which is "invested" into the creation and most important thing of all, patience!!!

World in which we live was not created in few seconds, mins, hours, days, ... , it was created in the time, which "can't be certainly described", so let's just wait till the "world will be created" and then we'll be gratefull for that, ok peeps?

@Gnat,

keep on going mate. If what, you know whoom to ask... wink_o.gif

Thanks Gedis ! inlove.gif glad someone said it (again lol )

Just got back from 2 weeks holiday, so after dealing with the backlog of work I might now get a good run at a few projects.

As for which might be finished first .... a bit of a (slow) race between the Frigates (Krivak and OHP ) and the Subs (Los Angeles and Delta ).

Thanks heaps for the update Gnat - hope you had a good rest on holiday! wink_o.gif

Good luck with the projects

Stew

@Gnat,

I found something interesting for you:

A 10 ton tow tug 3913, used on the Admiral Kuznetsov.

vilkikasnc7.jpg

Definatly keepin eye on this one!!!! Can't wait for beta release!!! biggrin_o.gif Also u think theres possibility of bringin back OFP releases for when we see Cold War Rearmed released?

new comers to arma(ofp's never version) don't know how we, ofp oldies/vets were grinding the path of waiting for addons arrival... so here it goes:

nobody pays for addons/mods creation, so addons/mods are made by the creator's free time = less real life time;

and so on, on, and on...

all these things are decided by the creator and only he will make the final decision to release or not to release addon/mod.

BUT... as all creators needs inspiration, it is our ( community's ) primary duty to give it by all means possible. Like gathering as much info about the model which is beeing done as possible, saying right words to support the creators decission to make and continue the work, which is "invested" into the creation and most important thing of all, patience!!!

World in which we live was not created in few seconds, mins, hours, days, ... , it was created in the time, which "can't be certainly described", so let's just wait till the "world will be created" and then we'll be gratefull for that, ok peeps?

@Gnat,

keep on going mate. If what, you know whoom to ask... wink_o.gif

Gedis,

God damn that's well said. Too bad you can't post that in every addon/mod thread. Unfortunately it wouldn't help very much, but still very well said.

Gnat,

I look forward to anything you put out. They will no doubt add a well needed new dimension to the game.

One thing, did you post a list of the ships, etc. you intend to release? I briefly checked but didn't see one. I'm just curious to know, if it's been said earlier or unknown at this point, no need to reply to this. Thanks. biggrin_o.gif

@Manzilla,

well i learned these thing by the time we were waiting for ofp addons so eagerly and i'm kinda creating something, but that's a secret, only me, Hawkins and someone else from JF mod knows what, but that's classified, just like the secret weapon manufacturer called China Lake  icon_rolleyes.gif

...classified  band.gif

One thing, did you post a list of the ships, etc. you intend to release? I briefly checked but didn't see one.

Good point Manzilla, I don't recall doing that for my Naval projects;

Frigates:

- OHP Class - 80%

- Krivak - 90%

Destroyers:

- Type 45 - 40%

- Arleigh Burke - 50%

Subs:

- Los Angeles - 90%

- Akula - 90%

- Typhoon - 90%

- Delta IV - 60%