Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Guest RKSL-Rock

So you've used the same animation principle I used for the Ekroplan Proof of concept I released for OFP. Speed controlled animation using land contact points?

Thats awesome, Do you plan to do any stealth MTB¨s?

Spesificly a Skjold class patrol boat:

800px-Skjold_class_17_jan_08.jpg

Anyway, cant wait to see the navy in arma wink_o.gif

So you've used the same animation principle I used for the Ekroplan Proof of concept I released for OFP.  Speed controlled animation using land contact points?

Yes, I guess so Rock.

Landcontacts points are rotated around axis per a speed, but also "re-rotated" by vertical speed managed animations.

The vertical speed adjustment means it ignores wave shape and skims the top.

@sparks50

Nice looking modern PB, would be easy to model, got any other hi res pics and specs?

Gnat @ Jan. 30 2008,12:00)]
So you've used the same animation principle I used for the Ekroplan Proof of concept I released for OFP.  Speed controlled animation using land contact points?

@sparks50

Nice looking modern PB, would be easy to model, got any other hi res pics and specs?

lol

u r really "special"

taking 100 models to create and never finish a single smile_o.gif)))

Gnat @ Jan. 30 2008,12:00)]
So you've used the same animation principle I used for the Ekroplan Proof of concept I released for OFP. Speed controlled animation using land contact points?

@sparks50

lol

u r really "special"

taking 100 models to create and never finish a single smile_o.gif)))

Here, STFU about Gnat, here is a guy that's trying to do something good for the community, and it's a gargantuan effort for one guy

so you can cut him some fucking slack, you know?

MaxRiga, watch your fingers. If you haven't got anything constructive to add, keep it to yourself.

Grinman, check your language at the door, please.

MaxRiga, watch your fingers. If you haven't got anything constructive to add, keep it to yourself.

I really think it was quite constructive

Quote[/b] ]lol

u r really "special"

taking 100 models to create and never finish a single )))

GNAT is very talented guy, u can see it by addons he has created. U can also see on many other topics on this forum he has lot of addons in progress. But it looks like he has too much stuff in progress and he's starting new models not finishing the model before. You can say its not my business and u r right but what was the point of making 10 topics about different addons and never finish it then? Take a look on the date of posting this NAVY topic - Posted: Jan. 07 2007,08:59

It was year ago and still nothing. I understand it's taking the time but still, u know? It looks more like - to post and never make it, so, it looks more like post about nothing.

Once again, I really respect people who's making addons and I do appreciate the stuff they do for community but I never liked people who's saying something and never do what they said. In this case you better don’t say or do not post ur topic if u r not sure u can do that.

But at the end of the day, you aren't going to affect what gets released. smile_o.gif Addon making motivation can be a close run thing. I'm sure nothing would please Gnat more than seeing his work released in a state he's happy with.

I get your point about not having any ships already with this sort of quality/quantity, but I guess we've got to live with it. I for one am having an awesome time with ArmA at the moment, and suggest we let Gnat get on with it. wink_o.gif

Good effort with the bounce reduction Gnat!

MaxRiga, your definition of "constructive" does not jive with the standard meaning of "constructive". All you are/were doing is taking shots at Gnat simply because he hasn't released much of his work.

Now, if you have anything further, please take it to PM as you're walking a very fine line in this thread.

MaxRiga, your definition of "constructive" does not jive with the standard meaning of "constructive". All you are/were doing is taking shots at Gnat simply because he hasn't released much of his work.

Now, if you have anything further, please take it to PM as you're walking a very fine line in this thread.

Franze, your definition of "discussion on forum" does not jive with the standard meaning of "discussion on forum".

May be I'm not constructive but who said I should be?

I really wait for all Gnat's addon releases, other way i wouldn’t be there. And I personally wish to you do not start working on mig21, mig25, mig29, su27, su33, su37 etc before u release your f18. I really hope u've got my point and I do wait for ur addon u r working together on.

Once again ( so to finish this ) I do not criticize any addons but I do irony about one year delay. I see nothing I'm doing wrong and I believe more of people like me can say that so Gnat will not open any new topics on the forum about other "upcoming addons" be4 releasing the old ones.

Daniel @ Jan. 31 2008,07:12)]I'm sure nothing would please Gnat more than seeing his work released in a state he's happy with.

Too right I would !!!

@ MaxRiga

Give yourself a holiday from my threads, your shit IS NOT going to get them released any sooner.

And how about you put it in perspective for ArmA ....

- Anyone can release an aeroplane --- oh shit, thats right, I DID !

- Anyone can release a full sized working Sub -- oh shit, thats right not even BIS have

- Anyone can release a full sized working warship -- bugger me, not even BIS have!

- Anyone can release a unique working cross between a plane and a helicopter --- well stuff me ... no one has!

Quote[/b] ]... so Gnat will not open any new topics on the forum about other "upcoming addons" ...

WHAT NEW THREADS?!!  mad_o.gif

They are all old;

- A Piper Warrior that was released

- V-22 which was ONLY suppose to be a Technology demo

- A Truck-trailer which IS only a Technology demo

- A Ship thread - any type of ship, all WIP.

I said months and months ago I was adding a Fast Strike Hyrofoil to the fleet.

If you can master all the technical issues with these addons then you have my full permission to come in here and say anything you like.

Until then, get civil.

Don't take the bait, Gnat...

The entire community is glad you spend countless hours working, for FREE, on innovative and very useful addons. You are not making 10 different versions of a M4 or a millionth reskin of BIS soldier. There will still be critics, but don't get fooled : the vast and silent majority waits impatiently and drools in wonder.

Now, back on topic, I truly believe you are working on the limit of the ability of the ArmA engine. As you said, not even BIS took the time to develop what you are doing. So each addon you manage to release is a great step forward for all of us ! I hope you still find motivation to improve the gaming experience for all of us, for free wink_o.gif

Malick

great stuff, cant wait!

Good you know what is right and I'm sure you wont stop this awesome work even seeing such 'critics'.

Consider me as fan of yours smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Until then, get civil.

whatever makes u happy

i'm leaving ur kidden garden wink_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 31 2008,04:09)]And how about you put it in perspective for ArmA ....

- Anyone can release an aeroplane --- oh shit, thats right, I DID !

- Anyone can release a full sized working Sub -- oh shit, thats right not even BIS have

- Anyone can release a full sized working warship -- bugger me, not even BIS have!

- Anyone can release a unique working cross between a plane and a helicopter --- well stuff me ... no one has!

LOL, no worries Gnat, he's just a very good example that you can't buy class. tounge2.gif

Cheers

Max Riga, I said take it to PM if you wanted to go further with it.

Lets keep this civil and on topic please; Gnat, being the creator of his addons, has the sole rights as to whether they will be released and when. Asking is fine, but do not attack someone simply because you disagree with how they do things.

Gnat you know how to make nice advertising too. Damn i don't like to ask about release e.t.a. but you know AIDA. wink_o.gif

Do people that ask really, honestly think the authors/creators have that in mind? I've always wondered what people are thinking when they ask.

Anyways, thanks for the video Gnat! Tremendous work again.