Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Gnat @ Jan. 07 2007,08:59)] ...

Nice work mate  smile_o.gif ! Will they be just enter/exit vehicles ? Or will soldiers be able to walk around on the deck ?

An interesting vessel is HMS Albion which is a Landing Platform Dock (LPD) ... similar to the Krivak IV Class ? It was recently featured on the "Top Trumps" series with Robert Llewellyn taking part in exercises with Marines in the Netherlands. It can operate in down to 7 meters of water and floods it's rear hold in readiness for launching troops as well as tanks on vessels. I'm not sure if ArmA can have vehicles inside other vehicles though. For example some of the smaller vessels launched carry Challenger Tanks.

anyone that can help me code in some torpedos for my whiskey class submarine?

anyone that can help me code in some torpedos for my whiskey class submarine?

Hi GranQ  smile_o.gif

You may check mandobles missile suite. He already implemented torpedo stuff in it...

Quote[/b] ]...

- Simulate most existing missile/torpedo in real-life using any object class present in ArmA able to move.

Mandoble's missile suite @ OFPEC

cu,

mike

exactly what I want to use, but don't want to spend time knowing how to get it to work.. want to keep working with other addons and projects.. can't be expert on everything.

Sparviero class Hidrofoils armed with 1 Oto-Melara 76 mm gun and 2 Otomat SSMs, very nice.

mmm 1 driver and one gunner? Or maybe are the missiles Mando ones?

Keep the good work, Gnat, and I hope you rerelease your Waterworld map soon!!!

Wow, a couple of days off and a lot of new ships:

NZDF mode with their ANZAC frigates

Spanish FFAA mod with a Serviola class patrol ship, a F-100 AEGIS equipped frigate and a Galicia class LPD

USEC LHA and AEGIS cruisers (they aren't capable of using the MK13 missile launchers yet, but...)

RACS team with their frigates, destroyers, light combatants and LPD.....

This is going to be fleet ARMA soon.

Keep up the good work, guys

well by the looks of it project racs looks like its gona beat ya guys to the punch for first naval addon. i know theres the nimitz and russian carrier but those are static no offense but project racs gona have drivable ships biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

well by the looks of it project racs  looks like its gona beat ya guys to the punch for first naval addon. i know theres the nimitz and russian carrier but those are static no offense but project racs gona have drivable ships     biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

its not a race my friend.

Gnat has been VERY helpful to us along the way. Without his help and advice on PMs and forums our ships would not be a reality. Sometimes i wonder all the time gnat spends giving advice on the forums if his projects suffer a lil bit simply cause he is too busy helping other people out to work on them.

Hopefully soon he will beable to show our mod up and release his awesome stuff.

I LOVE those hydrofoils!

Gnat has been VERY helpful to us along the way. Without his help and advice on PMs and forums our ships would not be a reality. Sometimes i wonder all the time gnat spends giving advice on the forums if his projects suffer a lil bit simply cause he is too busy helping other people out to work on them.

Hopefully soon he will beable to show our mod up and release his awesome stuff.

I LOVE those hydrofoils!

lol ... thanks for noticing wld427  thumbs-up.gif

Yep ... enjoy helping out.

The Sparviero's are not far away now ... 95% chance to be first relaese.

- Working Foils

- Armed with high rate gun and Otomat missiles

- Improved bridge

- Animated barrel recoil

blah blah blah

Foil_2.jpg

Foil_3.jpg

Foil_4.jpg

Foil_5.jpg

Foil_6.jpg

Foil_7.jpg

They look extremely nice!!!

Now we should have something for the OPFOR to compensate a little.

What I really would like to try would be that Dsheiran (NATO code AIST) hovercraft that DPS and the NASHE Orushiye (Our weapons) team were doing (I think that with your help, Gnat)

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1078515&postcount=147

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1083430&postcount=214

EDIT:

Also I would like to see SFC.ITZHAKs wonderful Wasp class LHD, even if a secret mossad spy has told me that his work on it has yielded fruits

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums....-71.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/Tomcat_20/arma/close.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums....-68.jpg

gnat, is your boats using "normal" arma weapons or is it using like mando missile?

Still need to figure out how to apply his stuff to the whiskey submarine :/

Now we should have something for the OPFOR to compensate a little.

What I really would like to try would be that Dsheiran (NATO code AIST) hovercraft that DPS and the NASHE Orushiye (Our weapons) team were doing (I think that with your help, Gnat)

I did already help them out when they asked me ages ago, but nothing came of it confused_o.gif

As for the OPFOR counterpart I'm working on; its the Sarancha class hydrofoil;

http://www.atrinaflot.narod.ru/3_cutters/01_mrk_1240/0_1240.htm

@PSYCHOSIM

Thx mate

@GranQ

Normal ArmA weapons, but obviously Mando Missiles n Guns can be added any time.

Suffice to say they are dangerous even with ArmA weapons.

I have a standard test mission for 2 Sparviero's vs. 3 tanks, 3 Ka50s and 2 Su34s ....... Sparviero's win about 30% of the time. wink_o.gif

what is the status on your other ships?

sorry if its in the topic before im just curious

understand gnat..

I was planing to do like two vehicleclass names.

Ships

Ships (Mando)

so you could choose, like its awesome stuff he done.. but you "rarely" need them.. cutscenes, maybe warfare missions, normal arma.. works fine without them.

But I also think more people would love to just throw in some boats, airplanes, aa defence.. and just see the mayhem.. =)

Outstanding work as always Gnat! I hoping for a beta release soon! Woot!

I don't mean to sound extremely rude here, but I believe I am not the only one who wants to ask this. We seem to see a lot of ships in the ADDONS & MODDS: DISCUSSION section in Gnats topic, but hardly ever we get to see these awesome ships in the ADDONS & MODDS: COMPLETE section of the forum. Is that a problem with the Arma engine or Gnat's time problem. Again, please don't be ofended, but I think I speak for the most guys who have been waiting for your addons for couple of years now.

Hope those Sparvieros are fast and badass like real ones. Good idea for RACS naval forces. Sadly that BIS "forgot" to make any bigger ships for Sahrani island scenarios. Many people had asked about how troops/vehicles deploy...why US/RACS/SLA "naval" forces have only those kind of rubber boats. Thanks for your work its appreciated!

btw did you find solution about this white dashbords in SU-33?

I don't mean to sound extremely rude here, but I believe I am not the only one who wants to ask this. We seem to see a lot of ships in the ADDONS & MODDS: DISCUSSION section in Gnats topic, but hardly ever we get to see these awesome ships in the ADDONS & MODDS: COMPLETE section of the forum. Is that a problem with the Arma engine or Gnat's time problem. Again, please don't be ofended, but I think I speak for the most guys who have been waiting for your addons for couple of years now.

I think it's more the amount of time each opf addon takes to convert to Arma more than anything, after that it's some technical issues as opf gave more freedom in some areas.

Gnat will get there and we will see it when it's done, on the plus side conversion from Arma to Arma2 is pretty straight forward so everything that's nearing completion or is completed should be good to port to Arma2 with a few adjustments etc.

At the end of the day - if like me you wanted a certain addons in Arma, go and teach yourself how to convert opf addons, get permissions and convert them yourself for the community that exactly what I did going back to April.

Southy

Is that a problem with the Arma engine or Gnat's time problem.

Yes and Yes

Yes, the ArmA engine is not working very well for the large ships. Too many problems like no reliable way to allow helicoptors to land on the deck, models do all sorts of weird bounce and buck shit. (and no, I'm not making a static only version)

Even the subs have serious problems.

Thats why I've moved away from the problematic Frigates n Subs to smaller vessels like the Sparvieros.

And Yes, I have no time with a RL job thats 24/7.

Will release the Sparvieros soon if no more serious bug pop up.

@NoRailgunner

No

@Southy

Thanks wink_o.gif

@GranQ

Yes, I was considering 2 different addons as well.

Gnat @ Nov. 22 2008,10:25)]
Is that a problem with the Arma engine or Gnat's time problem.

Yes and Yes

Yes, the ArmA engine is not working very well for the large ships. Too many problems like no reliable way to allow helicoptors to land on the deck, models do all sorts of weird bounce and buck shit. (and no, I'm not making a static only version)

Even the subs have serious problems.

Thats why I've moved away from the problematic Frigates n Subs to smaller vessels like the Sparvieros.

And Yes, I have no time with a RL job thats 24/7.

Will release the Sparvieros soon if no more serious bug pop up.

@NoRailgunner

No

@Southy

Thanks wink_o.gif

@GranQ

Yes, I was considering 2 different addons as well.

Totally. This is exactly what takes us so long to get ships done as well. The "bouncing" that gnat is talking about is the same thing that happens when a BI T72 hits a rock. Imagine this with a giant Firgate..... quite entertaining to be honest.

mankyle

Quote[/b] ]What I really would like to try would be that Dsheiran (NATO code AIST) hovercraft that DPS and the NASHE Orushiye (Our weapons) team were doing (I think that with your help, Gnat)

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1078515&postcount=147

http://flashpoint.ru/forum....]

Hehe smile_o.gif DPS makes this wonderful babe alone. Because in fact, this man is working professionally in gamedev.

By the way, AFAIK at this moment he is working in the BIS on arma2 project wink_o.gif)))