Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

@BraTTy, Gnat

you tried to tow aircraft on aircraft carriers in Arma? I hope they don't fall to water through the hull...

Nah its not important if solders can jump out and make it to shore with weapons intact, i have seen script that adds the weapons back to the soldiers when they reach shore.

Anyways its always nice to have the ability for troop transporting or transporting stuff either way when it comes to vehicles.

All vehicles in Arma can carry some amount of weapons n ammo.

Regarding landing ships...

Why don't you just create a simple scripting system that would beach the LST, hold it in place until the offload is complete, then use object velocity script command to reverse the ship where the waypoints could handle moving it away from land.

@BraTTy, Gnat

you tried to tow aircraft on aircraft carriers in Arma? I hope they don't fall to water through the hull...

I towed some planes on my Kaga deck, yes. I designed it differently, it had roadways that followed the moving carrier.

Had some problems...

My planes are WWII and they don't start level, towing them is funky looking , setpos keeps leveling them out, I was using a setvelocity type tow.I tried to setup the towtug to tow jet planes for public, don't recall what problem was (bridge bug I think on the Nimitz..diff design)

You will fall thru the deck on parts (my test didn't have full deck of roadways till I get bugs out)

Another problem with sea going vessels is that they rise up/down with the waves

@BraTTy

that's a wonderfull news!!! finaly tow tugs can be very usefull for aircraft carriers!!! Now i want good Kuznetsov, Su-25UTGs and Su-33s maybe even Su-33KUBs, Ka-27PL and Ka-27PS and we can go MP in full wrath!

but my dreams depends on Gnat, ofc your tugs BraTTy, Footmunch and RHS's Su-25(if it's still in their hdd) and some other ppl who will make Ka-27s icon_rolleyes.gif

eh, those dreams... goodnight.gif

I would have to search the old OFP topic to remember exactly what the problem was so don't get too excited, lol

I do recall some problems

And I recall some discussions about how the waves are worse in Arma

edit: I found the old topic and appears I had it towing on Hawks carrier, good luck me finding my updated stuff, irrelevant to Arma prolly.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....13;st=0

This is Gnats topic and I recall hime working on a towing solution also.I should get together with him altho I don't see him working on any carriers

Regarding landing ships...

Why don't you just create a simple scripting system that would beach the LST, hold it in place until the offload is complete, then use object velocity script command to reverse the ship where the waypoints could handle moving it away from land.

This sounds like the best idea so far. But we need LST's... Is there any in works? Most of the ships I've seen lately are the regular destroyers and corvets, those can't get too close, they probably still need some sort of small insertion crafts. Let's not forget the subs either, they sure as hell need those rubber Zodiaks.

Quote[/b] ]Another problem with sea going vessels is that they rise up/down with the waves

bmp in the woter dosn't go up and down ... may be this hint will help somehow, lol

any way, guys, your stuff with all this ships&subs are making me to wish to play ARMA wink_o.gif going to play it after u will release all this stuff. ArmA without ur stuff is too boring wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Another problem with sea going vessels is that they rise up/down with the waves

bmp in the woter dosn't go up and down ... may be this hint will help somehow, lol

wrong. set the weather to bad and watch it, It goes up and down and gets quite choppy

Gnat's navy and Mando Missile/Gun in action  wink_o.gif

<span style='color:blue'>Gnat's naval clash, AI vs AI (hi)</span>

Lovely work Mando ! thumbs-up.gif

Yep .... back home for a few days ... gone again soon sad_o.gif

As for the Carriers, as I think I've already said, Kuznetsov was ported to ArmA and sort of works, but theres a few querky problems that make it unusable at this stage.

Needs more work ... like everything else sad_o.gif

* Going to add a *sunk* animation to the ships and subs. When a ship is dead, instead of it just sinking straight / flat down, I'll animate the land contact points so that it randomly slowly pinches to a side and to either bow or stern, then pitches back to normal after about 5 minutes (so it doesnt look silly on shallow sea beds).

Should make sinking look much more impressive.

ohh you dont' have to do that but if you want to inlove.gif

Btw gnat is there like a way to simulate a ship sinking and having some crew on it waiting for rescue by a chopper? That would be awesome! smile_o.gif anyways if ship wrecks sinking would be able to move with the waves, but i dunno if that wont work i can always have 'em people in the water waiting for pick up there smile_o.gif

a nice idea would be life rafts get deployed when the ship sinks and player would have to swim to them and they would be uncontrollable so the player will have to wait in it till chopper or a boat can rescue them

I think anything is possible, even with very simple actions.

Like a "Deploy life raft" action, which spawns some life rafts around the ship. The player/AI would then have to "eject" from the ship if it's sinking and board the rafts by swimming to them.

Same thing could be done for dinghies or inflatable boats : "Deploy raft" would spawn a raft alongside the ship, "Board Raft" would AssignAsCargo/MoveInCargo the unit into the raft.

Malick

Gnat @ Oct. 29 2007,13:09)]* Going to add a *sunk* animation to the ships and subs. When a ship is dead, instead of it just sinking straight / flat down, I'll animate the land contact points so that it randomly slowly pinches to a side and to either bow or stern, then pitches back to normal after about 5 minutes (so it doesnt look silly on shallow sea beds).

Should make sinking look much more impressive.

Good news!

Keep it up!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

How much larger are the model size limit for ships been made for Armed Assault versus OFP?

I'm just curious because it seems a big problem with ship addons in OFP was that for large ships, it had to be broken into seperate objects for it to work properly or work at all.

Also, has anyone confirmed 3d modelling projects and/or progress on Amphibious ships for Armed Assault in the LST, LSD, LHD, or LHA?

The limit under ArmA is just as bad 50-60m lengths is all thats advised unless you have a very narrow item.  I am workingn on statics again, very much like the OFP-Flk's, using a much better postioning system. (Although there is a moving script under development but thats a long way off!wink_o.gif

As for Carriers in OFP there was 3 UK ones, 2 distinct versions of HMS Hermes and HMS Invincible.

Guest RKSL-Rock

wrong. set the weather to bad and watch it, It goes up and down and gets quite choppy

Thats easily fixed for large ships with the right scripts.  For example:

CBF-RKSL-LARGESHIPSCRIPTS.jpg

In theory this will work with any object of any size.  Check out the CBF Shipbuilding threads.

and i though size problem was solved in arma, yeah, right...

it seems someone forgot to do homeworks mad_o.gif

let's just hope they will pass the exam in arma2 huh.gif

but, there is no such problem which can't be fixed by rksl team or others from our GREAT community! thumbs-up.gif

@Gnat,

any progress/screens/vids?

Looks sweet Gnat! What kind of weapons have you decided that the subs will carry? smile_o.gif missiles? torpedoes?