Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

the galil and its derivatives have been very popular throughout south america with many "freedom fighters" capturing them from government stocks. They are also popular with mercenaries in that time frame. The valmet i suggested because ok its a Finn rifle and well Finland is in eastern europe.....

Galili - i think only in Israel

FAL is very popular gun, AK is the first in the world

i don't know what is second, third... but FAL probably is among such weapons (Brasilian, other countries versions, many countries used FALs, but Galils are not so popular)

VALMET - only in Finland

but DDR AK is now popular in Arab countries

actually south africa use Galil (i think it´s called R5 or something there) and it´s quite likely that it has been used by various guerilla units too...

and i belive more countries use it too, in south america i think...

and i know for a fact that sweden tested it during the 80´s but it lost to the FN FNC wich later became known as AK5 in sweden (after some modifications)

new_sks.jpg

maybe not so popular among FIA, but at least one must have this smile_o.gif

Hi Vilas, I've a question you can answer for sure. I'm using your VIBI addon and I'm trying to use a script to issue the fire order to a Gvozdik self-propelled artillery unit. The target isn't within the visual field of the gunner so I need to force fire with a "DoTarget" and a "Fire" command, but this last needs some parameters that I've not found:

Quote[/b] ]THIS fire ["muzzle", "mode", "magazine"]

Can you give me this information?. I was looking at this thread but... 80 pages is too much and the forum search engine requires some improvements.

Congratulations, your addons are simply superb! notworthy.gif

Thanks in advance.

The target isn't within the visual field of the gunner so I need to force fire with a "DoTarget" and a "Fire" command, but this last needs some parameters that I've not found:
Quote[/b] ]THIS fire ["muzzle", "mode", "magazine"]

Can you give me this information?. I was looking at this thread but... 80 pages is too much and the forum search engine requires some improvements.

Use hint format and you can get them yourself from within game wink_o.gif

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/format

Also you may know this but an easy way to find things in a long topic is to use the "print this topic", located at the top of the thread and then use ctrl + F to find a word you are after smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work Vilas and team and have a good christmas (if its still 25th for you that is) xmas_o.gif

Ok, thank you Bracken thumbs-up.gif Today I am a little less ignorant one.

Have u ever seen one of those modern US SKS?

With black plastic parts, scopes, 30round mags etc.?

Vilas I just thought I'd let you know that one of the german "groups" in your WW2 mod causes the game to CTD. I haven't figured out which group does it yet though.

ooops

in "beta fix" i deleted SS in OAK camo, only "dots" camo is now made :]

Hey Vilas, I own a real SKS with a composite stock (with folding rear stock) and a 4x sniper scope.   I LOVE YOUR SKS!!!!  It is beautiful.  IT is still a popular weapon because it is a little bit more accurate then the newer AK-47 and AKM rifles.  

It is also a good wild pig rifle for short-range hunting.  

I think that the SKS is very good for rebel groups in ArmA.

Also if you will allow us, my Mod (the Lost Brothers) would very much like to use your mini-Uzi and Gali rifles.  They are the BEST!!  We have a mni-Uzi...but it is.... eh ok.  However yours are much better.  smile_o.gif    

Right now we are just having problem with Negev MG ammo belt animations and pistol animations. arrrrg. But oh well...

Overall I think you and your friends are making SUPER addons and I can only praise your work as some of the best in ArmA.

Keep up the excellent work Vilas and Co.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Sorry I haven't written here... PC not capable of running ArmA so haven't followed the discussion.

First - great job, as usual.You just never stop, and along with ArmA the stuff looks great, too!

As for Galils/Rk's. - "Used by Colombia, Estonia, Guatemala, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Peru, Philippines, Portugal (used only by Airborne units), Tonga" - Wiki Galil entry. Estonian army uses it as their main assault rifle. The South African R4 along with its variants is used mainly by SA but apparently also by Haitians.

As for Valmet, the customers seem to be rather limited - Finland, Qatar and Indonesia. They did manufacture quite a few versions of the M62/M76 rifles, in at least both 7.62 and 5.56 caliber versions, and with folding stocks. Wiki, again, states 8 variants; not sure which to be exact.

As for the WWII units - are the 82nd AB representing late '44 - '45 units as they seem to field the M43 clothing system instead of the M42 uniform? If you make paras in M42 uniform, well, uhhh... I got a reproduction version, which as far as I know is very close to the original uniforms. "Khaki" (OD #3) cotton with dark green extra layers on the joints, and on the side of the pockets. My set "only" consists of the jacket, trousers and boots. If you need any help, I can see if I can get good photographs.

In regards to the Galil, it wouldn't fit the 1985 era since the only nations that used it at that time were Israel and South Africa. Nicaragua had adopted the Galil along with other Israeli equipment under the Somoza government, but most of that gear was subsequently replaced when the communist Sandinistas came to power in 1979.

Of the other nations mentioned in the wiki, only Guatemala, Estonia, Chile, Myanmar (under the name EMERK-3) and Colombia (which received the official production rights) have the Galil as a standard rifle. The other countries have limited numbers of Galil or Galatz rifles in use with their police or special forces units.

In regards to the Galil, it wouldn't fit the 1985 era since the only nations that used it at that time were Israel and South Africa. Nicaragua had adopted the Galil along with other Israeli equipment under the Somoza government, but most of that gear was subsequently replaced when the communist Sandinistas came to power in 1979.

Of the other nations mentioned in the wiki, only Guatemala, Estonia, Chile, Myanmar (under the name EMERK-3) and Colombia (which received the official production rights) have the Galil as a standard rifle. The other countries have limited numbers of Galil or Galatz rifles in use with their police or special forces units.

thanks for this information - usage of these weapos may be possible since the conflict takes place in a fictional surrounding - yet as we intend to stick to reality... well..who knows..but the input is greatly appreciated and will be taken under consideration. thank you!

Well, Israel was a major part of the Cold War so don't worry, the Galil won't be wasted as I know at least my mod will use it (with Vilas's permission and full credits to him and others who worked on it). We just need to make some proper 1980's era IDF units first.

In addition to Israel, South Africa also played a major part in the Cold War during the late 70's and early '80's. (Don 't forget the powerful role of South African mercenary companies like "Executive Outcomes" around the 1985 period and later). Executive Outcomes used alot of different weapons, but the R4 was a popular weapon amongst them due to its reliability and general ruggedness.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

No animated ammo-belts?.. sad_o.gif

Something wrong with the pbo files - my HD works like crazy

to load anything from these packs...

OFP-style uber-simple sounds. Terrible recoil & dispersion of all AKM-class weapons.

The armor pack is an early beta, very early smile_o.gif

90% of brand new weapons look a bit simple when in the 1st person view... Overall, I see no reason why u should make a public reliz at this point - it's just too rough and underveloped at this stage...

?

what public realiz ?

AKM has bigger recoil than AK74, much bigger

dispersion is bigger for AI only

animated belts for me are less important than accurate model

new weapons are more complicated than BIS weapons models (my AK74 has rivets, cuts which BIS model do not have)

pack is heavy because of details, thats why HD works hard to load all

?

what public realiz ?

AKM has bigger recoil than AK74, much bigger

dispersion is bigger for AI only

animated belts for me are less important than accurate model

new weapons are more complicated than BIS weapons models (my AK74 has rivets, cuts which BIS model do not have)

pack is heavy because of details, thats why HD works hard to load all

Right... well, as you wish. I don't want to post anything negative about your addons. U like what you create, and that's the only thing that matters.

Best wishes in 2008!

Zadoff1880, how did you get your hands on WIP version anyway?

there has been a public release?? crazy_o.gif that's a news for me!

and it's just 20 minutes ago that I started to improve the old OFP Mutt textures... sad_o.gif

32040776ua4.th.jpg

i some people who get to beta tests links thought it was release :P

links were given to get "bugs report"

for low recoil i will do bonus - AK -103, it will be AKM with low recoil wink_o.gif

No animated ammo-belts?.. sad_o.gif

Something wrong with the pbo files - my HD works like crazy

to load anything from these packs...

OFP-style uber-simple sounds. Terrible recoil & dispersion of all AKM-class weapons.

The armor pack is an early beta, very early smile_o.gif

90% of brand new weapons look a bit simple when in the 1st person view... Overall, I see no reason why u should make a public reliz at this point - it's just too rough and underveloped at this stage...

I think you need to read the message you got completely.......

Great work as always vilas.

thats right - links were Christmas gift for some people who were active in my topic, as for test purpose

new_pol.jpg

edit: some old addons will be updated with this new weapons pack - for example Polish Army and Police pack, now only some police units and bandits pack

little bonus - updated Ford M151 MUTT - new WIP textures as compared to old OFP ones (tires to be replaced; just a placeholder for now)

muttdh8.jpg

Yo Vilas, checked your PM's lately?

Some reports may arrive soon.

smile_o.gif