Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

If someone would like to get Santa to give me an addon making wand for Xmas this year I'd appreciate it.

And ditto!!!

In fact, if you know wheres its sold I'd pre-order right now! tounge2.gif

BTW, Rock, why take the bait from a guy with 37 post under his belt ... really? Thought you knew better.

Keep up the good work, we'll be around when you's have finished smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Gnat @ Dec. 08 2007,05:38)]BTW, Rock, why take the bait from a guy with 37 post under his belt ... really? Thought you knew better.

I know i shouldn't have replied but it seemed like a good enough point to make my position clear inlight of the recent "Hate Campaign" by some spineless people.

And I was already writing this - Rock's Blog : What does it take...

I've done all I can to clearly and carefully explain the RKSL Team's position now.  We've always had an open policy with the community from the start.  We've been very honest about our progress and plans and I'm sorry we cant work fast enough to satisfy some people but that really is just tough.  Life isnt fair - Learn to live with it.  We have to. wink_o.gif

If what you see here or on our website isnt enough for some people then... well guess what... they need to grow up and get out more often.

Thanks again to all those patient people who post/email/think encouraging things. I promise your patience will be rewarded... eventually  rofl.gif

I can't wait to see your stuff 'when it's done.' I knew you fellas were all class when I watched that quick vid about your aircraft with the backing track "Big Girls you are Beautiful'  rofl.gif

Thanks for any updates you guys provide. Gives me something to look forward to smile_o.gif

1) Making good models takes time. - Each need researching, making to a poly limit, LoDing etc

2) UV mapping takes time - Its slow and tedious work within O2's UV editor

3) Making good textures from scratch takes time

4) Making the Normal and specular maps takes time

5) Learning ArmA game engine takes a huge amount of time, effort and support by BIS and the larger community.

6) Writing (good) configs and especially scripts is sometimes very complicated and requires significant time to develop.

7) Often we are forced to develop work-arounds for the limits of the engine.

8) Free time is limited in our lives due to work, ill health or other personal commitments.

9) Testing.  Both in single player and multiplayer on local and dedicated servers takes time if a scripted system is used. Eg Cargo system.  Everything we make has to work flawlessly in MP that is at the core of our project.

10) Even when we have free time, people moaning, whining and spreading lies about us makes us less willing to make content for the community.

This reading I like! There are so many addons released that have serious flaws, often very easy to fix so I dont understand why they exist.

It looks like you are aiming for a fully functional v1.0 when you release.

Since OFP I have fixed alot of addons so I could use them (private use), I do appreciate addonmakers that are doing a proper job!! Gives me more time to actually play instead of waiting for next beta or fixing it myself.

If people want the moon on the stick, more fool them, and if they want it yesterday, fuck 'em! I've dabbled at making addons, and it's bloody hard work; learning the tools and the proper way of doing things takes as much time, if not more, than actually making something. I'm still struggling to get an SLR and a retextured unit with some minor model changes in game, so I have nothing but respect for the RKSL team. I can barely comprehend how you've managed to pull off what you have, considering how groundbreaking a lot of the features you've come up with are.

So, in short, bollocks to the nay-sayers, and keep up the good work lads. It might seem like there's more of them than supporters, but empty cans rattle the most, I suppose. There's probably just as many, if not more people who're content to wait and don't feel the need to constantly weigh in on the issue.

Just a quick note of encouragement for RKSL, as we all love the gear you lads are making.

To those who can't wait and start spreading lies generaly act like spanners, please die. RKSL members have lives, now this may seem alien to you but that means they spend time away from their computers and even go outside. Addon making is also a lengthy process, Rock could say how many weeks on average it takes to do modeling for example but whiners seem to get confused and upset when being challenged by large numbers. So again... stop whining, the addons are not coming over night.

I would just like to show my support for everyone in the RKSL team and how much i'm looking forward to using your work in game, and so are the vast majority of the community so just forget about the minority of swines who have nothing good to say.

Also chances are, even after you've released your stuff, all the nay-sayers and gripers STILL will not be happy. So as people have said before, take all the time you want because all the true fans of your work will still be waiting when the others have moved on to annoy another games community.

Gnat @ Dec. 08 2007,06:38)]
If someone would like to get Santa to give me an addon making wand for Xmas this year I'd appreciate it.

And ditto!!!

In fact, if you know wheres its sold I'd pre-order right now!  tounge2.gif

BTW, Rock, why take the bait from a guy with 37 post under his belt ... really? Thought you knew better.

I spend a lot of my time reading the posts on this server.  Gnat I have had great respect for you and your work...but your comment above is making me lean the other way.  Are you saying that a persons # of posts he makes determines whether he deserve a response or not?  A little smug don't ya think?  I can fully understand how frustrating it gets being asked all the time when is this coming out...when is that coming out. And I can fully see Rocks point in responding...but gauging a persons clout on the number of posts he makes is a little arrogant.

I guess I wont expect a response since I only have 45 "under my belt"

Also chances are, even after you've released your stuff, all the nay-sayers and gripers STILL will not be happy. So as people have said before, take all the time you want because all the true fans of your work will still be waiting when the others have moved on to annoy games community.

Very well spoken! Exactly my thought! notworthy.gifrofl.gif

...Are you saying that a persons # of posts he makes determines whether he deserve a response or not? A little smug don't ya think? I can fully understand how frustrating it gets being asked all the time when is this coming out...when is that coming out. And I can fully see Rocks point in responding...but gauging a persons clout on the number of posts is makes is a little arrogant.

Well maybe most of his 37 posts were useless trolling? I don't know, can't even remember who he was right now.

If somebody just wants new toys to use, then that's really simple. I do it all the time - I've got tons of little addons laying around for my own personal enjoyment. But I wouldn't want to release them because:

- Quality stinks. Big time.

- Lack of playability. No time to create automated features and complex fool-proofing.

- People will REALLY whine!

I think Rock is backed into the same corner. You want to release something you can be proud of, not a piece of junk you made in two hours.

I would just like to show my support for everyone in the RKSL team and how much i'm looking forward to using your work in game, and so are the vast majority of the community so just forget about the minority of swines who have nothing good to say.

Also chances are, even after you've released your stuff, all the nay-sayers and gripers STILL will not be happy. So as people have said before, take all the time you want because all the true fans of your work will still be waiting when the others have moved on to annoy games community.

Quoted for truth and good sense.

Its gonna be a blast...

Im waitin patiantly...sorry for my poor english.....

Loved the stuff in OFP, will love this a long time....

PS: Just hope people will use it in their missions...

Hint hint KilJoy.. nener.gif

notworthy.gif

...Are you saying that a persons # of posts he makes determines whether he deserve a response or not?  A little smug don't ya think?  I can fully understand how frustrating it gets being asked all the time when is this coming out...when is that coming out. And I can fully see Rocks point in responding...but gauging a persons clout on the number of posts is makes is a little arrogant.

Well maybe most of his 37 posts were useless trolling? I don't know, can't even remember who he was right now.

well i doubt me not want to ask too many questions was useless trolling. Scince you do not want to be bothered by a newcomer to the community who is actually an experienced and well educated military historian, as well as a defense systems design contractor, i will withdraw my support and move on.

sorry to inconvienience you i will no longer participate in any RSKL discussions any more.

good luck with your projects.

...Are you saying that a persons # of posts he makes determines whether he deserve a response or not? A little smug don't ya think? I can fully understand how frustrating it gets being asked all the time when is this coming out...when is that coming out. And I can fully see Rocks point in responding...but gauging a persons clout on the number of posts is makes is a little arrogant.

well i doubt me not want to ask too many questions was useless trolling. Scince you do not want to be bothered by a newcomer to the community who is actually an experienced and well educated military historian, as well as a defense systems design contractor, i will withdraw my support and move on.

sorry to inconvienience you i will no longer participate in any RSKL discussions any more.

Huh? I don't even remember seeing you before huh.gif And what makes you think I have anything to do with RKSL? I was just responding to the posts I quoted.

If you are a wealth of knowledge regarding things military, participate in conversations, offer help, etc. The community can always use more knowledge/info and help. But simply posting to ask for updates, etc. bothers many of the addon makers and isn't productive/constructive.

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK guys please stop now.

I've been a bit unfair to "wld427" here my post reads like I’m singling him out. That was NOT my intent. He posted the wrong thing at the right time. I was going to post about the addon making stuff anyway; he just gave me an excuse.

@wld427 i apologise I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. But I must admit your tone on some of your posts hasnt been the best.

@Manzilla, Maddmatt, Fk Andersson, TankbusterSPAFF, Franze, -HUNTER-, Prydain and all the others. Thank you all for coming out in support. It’s appreciated and a little bit embarrassing. I didn’t really mean to sound like a bleating whiner but I must admit the constant sniping and crap some people are spreading is now getting to me. sad_o.gif

Anyway, if I can find a suitable audio track for it the Merlin Video and a surprise bit of news will be out tomorrow.

...Are you saying that a persons # of posts he makes determines whether he deserve a response or not?  A little smug don't ya think?  I can fully understand how frustrating it gets being asked all the time when is this coming out...when is that coming out. And I can fully see Rocks point in responding...but gauging a persons clout on the number of posts is makes is a little arrogant.

Huh? I don't even remember seeing you before huh.gif And what makes you think I have anything to do with RKSL? I was just responding to the posts I quoted.

@MaddmattDo you read every single post on the forums? If not thats prob why you don't remember him or have read any of his posts. And what difference does it make if you remember him anyway.

@Wild247...I can totally understand you not wanting anything else to do with this. All it takes is 1 or 2 rotten ones to spoil the bunch.

It's all just trivial BS. Some of you need to grow up

Quote[/b] ]All it takes is 1 or 2 rotten ones to spoil the bunch.

Actually it's the opposite. You two rotten apples only make us appreciate the genuine people here, all the more.

...And what difference does it make if you remember him anyway.

Because he was replying to me as if I was referring to him icon_rolleyes.gif

...I didn’t really mean to sound like a bleating whiner but I must admit the constant sniping and crap some people are spreading is now getting to me. sad_o.gif

Posts in a forum don't really reflect the people that download and enjoy your mods, a few crap posts aren't anything to worry about. Just watch the download counters when you release something good and you'll see smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK new day and a new start... please keep you handbags to yourselves...  wink_o.gif

I promised a small 'surprise' today.  Unfortunately I haven’t had chance to finish the Merlin Video so you are going to have to make do with this... It was going to be a surprise at the end of the Merlin Video but I didn’t have time.

The Puma HC.1 (and in future HC.2)

As with the Merlin there are still some things to do but the base textures are done. When finished it will have all the usual features:

<ul>- Fully working and practical cockpit

- Chaff & Flare countermeasures

- Under-slung Loads (see Cargo System)

- Dynamic Rotor system (see Dynamic Rotor System)

We are going to make OPFOR and Independent Skins too and armed versions in various flavours.

*A paint kit may be available after public release.

NOTE: The Textures are very much WIP.  The normal and specular maps are very quick jobs too.

Currently there is no interior so there is nothing to show right now.

RKSL-PumaHC1-dec07-2.jpg

RKSL-PumaHC1-dec07-3.jpg

RockofSL

is there any word of the wessex or is that one of the projects

that is stalled as i have not heard anything about that old gracefull

bird for awhile (start of arma i think)

on your site it still says w.i.p but the updates havnt listed her

keep up the good work

bk1276

(every one wants the shiny new stuff and forgets about the old workhorses)

Guest RKSL-Rock
RockofSL

is there any word of the wessex or is that one of the projects

The Wessex is scheduled to be UV mapped next week if all goes well.  She isn’t stalled just a lower priority than some of the other stuff.

Will the doors slide....

Yes they do. The doors open and close automatically on landing.