Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

The doors open and close automatically on landing.

Any chance that you can make this feature manual?

ArmA is no flisim, but please let us push some buttons by our self.

Look at the bis kamov, you can't fly slow and low without getting the wheels in and out, it's horror.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I'm really looking forward to experience that "fully working" cockpit! I suppose it will make nightflying fun!

Guest RKSL-Rock
The doors open and close automatically on landing.

Any chance that you can make this feature manual?

ArmA is no flisim, but please let us push some buttons by our self.

Look at the bis kamov, you can't fly slow and low without getting the wheels in and out, it's horror.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Oh you are so going to hate the Merlin and Puma then.  tounge2.gif

All the gear is auto-retracting.

The reason I made the doors and gears automatic was two fold:

1 - To make them look reasonable in game.  It’s not particularly realistic to fly around in a Puma with the doors open.  (If anyone here has done it in the real world you will know exactly what I mean. You get buffeted to death)

2 - Allow maximum player and AI use without resorting to scripts.  The weaponised versions with door guns either have the doors locked open or manual control though.

But leaving them manually controlled generally serves no purpose as people won’t bother opening them to try and get in.  I understand your frustration with the KA50 but I haven’t found a satisfactory balance any other way.

Ahh come on mate...

NOT ANOTHER ONE! rofl.gifcrazy_o.gif

This makes for yay.gif 16 yay.gif REALLY good addons I cannot wait for!

No seriously the Puma looks very nice indeed. Like the tail rotor, and the overal shape of the aircraft, looks very real indeed.

Will the skid thingy protecting the rear rotor actually work? Is that possible? Would be good for me! whistle.gif Ive chopped the tailrotor few times...

Cant wait for the new Merlin Demo... xmas_o.gif

Very nice... but i'm little afraid about finals and release. huh.gif

There is much work with all these great addons - i hope you will find a way not getting angry, bug-bored with development. thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will the skid thingy protecting the rear rotor actually work? Is that possible? Would be good for me! whistle.gif Ive chopped the tailrotor few times...

Yes it does. I’ve tweaked the hit point distribution so it’s a bit more damage tolerant then the Blackhawk etc.

Very nice... but i'm little afraid about finals and release.  huh.gif

There is much work with all these great addons - i hope you will find a way not getting angry, bug-bored with development.  thumbs-up.gif

I really don’t understand why you or anyone else is concerned about â€finals and releaseâ€.  They will be released when they are done.  I’m frankly sick of the negative or doubting posts.  If you doubt us please don’t post.  Its been done to death.

RockofSL

thank you for the update on the wessex

(glad to here she hasnt slipped)

bk1276

I got an idea...

Lets all chip in with a few bucks and Rocko

and his crew can work 24/7 with this.....

nener.gif

Be patient you all...It will be here before you

get old like me...

Beautiful work, as per usual.

The detail is absolutely superb. The textures also look awesome, even in Oxygen =)

Keep up the good work!

I got an idea...

Lets all chip in with a few bucks and Rocko

and his crew can work 24/7 with this.....

nener.gif

Be patient you all...It will be here before you

get old like me...

for €1200 to 1500 each month I like to be working 40 hours a week on it.. even more..

add a new graphic card to that, Wacom Tablet, 2 widescreen TFT. yeah thats a nice workplace then wink_o.gif

I'm doing it for fun but at the moment I am waiting for my first loan of my new job to buy me a new graphic card. I'm not able to texture with my current card because of blinking screens.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I was hoping to release a Beta before Xmas but Ive been too busy with other things to finish it off to a good enough state for release.  but I've updated the RKSL site with some more pics.

RKSL_Puma_PR_40.jpg

More Shots at RKSL Studios Site - Puma Project Page

If i can fix the ST errors and damage textures on my return from the family Christmas there will be a BETA release before the end of the year.

The links to the enlarged pics from the thumbnails are wrong on the project page mate; they go to images of the Hawk T.2s

Shame there wont be a beta xmas: I was looking forward to seeing if my piloting skills improve when I'm rat-arsed, and I'm just generally keen to get some British kit ingame. biggrin_o.gif I'd prefer you having a good Christmas though.

Rotor deflection looks cracking even in the stills.

Guest RKSL-Rock
The links to the enlarged pics from the thumbnails are wrong on the project page mate; they go to images of the Hawk T.2s

They work fine for me? And seemingly for most other they've already had 140+ hits!?

Try clearing your Temporary Internet cache

They work fine for me? And seemingly for most other they've already had 140+ hits!?

Odd, they work now without having to clear my cache.

I was able to access them by typing their address into firefox but the thumbnails on that page took me elsewhere.

Either way, all is well now.

I've had that occur a few times with other pix too...

Edit:

Clearing it works like a charm. Thanks, I've been wondering what the hell was going on. Thanks

Wow, that puma is progressing very well since the last pics..

Very good work Rock, i look forward to fly some british troops in the combat zone with them  smile_o.gif

So the beta version released will be without any weapons judging from the screenshots, will it already have countermeasures?

Guest RKSL-Rock
...(and this in case you have any other suggestions: http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/Addons-OPFOR.html)

The correct link for that is: http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/Addons-OPFOR.html - no brackets at the end

tounge2.gif

As Monkey pointed out, and as I said a few pages ago in this very thread we will make a HM1.  But due to various things and the lack of decent torpedos and other scripted systems its a low priority.

There's something about this mod that want's me to jump up and down on the spot waving my arms screaming "I want it I want It!!".

But i'll be patient smile_o.gif

Really looking forward to the release though, even if it is into next year.

Thanks for your hard work guys, it really is much appreciated. Hope you have a nice Christmas and Santa gets you something you want (maybe a few days break? biggrin_o.gif ).

yay.gifthumbs-up.gifyay.gifthumbs-up.gif

Indicates exactly how I think about the new screenshots m8.

Puma is also going to be a nice helicopter for arma. It suits sahrani better then the american helicopters to be honest.

And I looked at the Merlin picture for almost a minute I think. Its really a nice big helicopter.

Edit

I dont know how far the interiors for all the addons are exactly. But maybee you allready can show us some screens of various cockpits and their WIP stages?

Would love to see some of the cockpits, with the displays, and gauges and buttons, and lights, and controls, and thingys... huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif