Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Quote[/b] ]Yes...IF someone write a decent towing script that can cope with bridges etc.

I think the most promising towing concept so far, was Gnats trailer addon. But one of our primary requirements is, it has to work in MP.

So apart from the stuff Gnats working on and some ideas of our own. Quick fixes, are not going to help us.

making an hawk is an excellent idea, fits perfecly to arma.

touchdown with nicely working dampers was pure pleasure to see.

keep it up !

Rock,

I see you have a Nimrod tribute vid in your YT favourites. Is the MRA4 one of the projects hidden in your pipe?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock,

I see you have a Nimrod tribute vid in your YT favourites. Is the MRA4 one of the projects hidden in your pipe?

It could be.... tounge2.gif    It might not be. But that's why the 'pipe' is hidden.

EDIT- Some days what you think you type isnt what appears...Drink-Typing should be banned.  biggrin_o.gif

Whimper..

Quote: "“Grey betasâ€....to give a taste of what we are doing...side projects like the RAH-66 Comanche and some of the OPFOR stuff."

Whinge..

I would do ANYTHING (almost) to get to play with your Comanche - I miss that ol' helo like crazy now, the old DKM one for OFP was a piece of art, even with the 'flight model' of OFP - I need one for ArmA, badly!

Whine, rolls over, plays dead, wags tail, sits up, begs...

Yes please.. if a grey beta (with gauges??) is possible for the Comanche, even if I need to attempt texturing here, then PLEASE PLEEEEASE do allow a grey-beta of this aircraft.

So what if the U.S of A* decided to drop the project - WE can still enjoy flying it even if they cannot!

's the point of a sim really...

I'll fly it for ya!

(p.s. hoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWL)

[.Drink-Typing should be banned. biggrin_o.gif

My 'realistic flaps' comment on youtube is testament to that. smile_o.gif

Hey guys, this work looks Sweet as, and I really like what your doing, but I know you've made alot of Grey models, but can you release one so people can get a taste of your great work??

Also are you going to release them all as a pack or are you going to release them one at a time?

anyway good work keep it up!

Cas

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hey guys, this work looks Sweet as, and I really like what your doing, but I know you've made alot of Grey models, but can you release one so people can get a taste of your great work??

Also are you going to release them all as a pack or are you going to release them one at a time?

anyway good work keep it up!

Cas

Some sidelined projects will be released as Grey ALPHA/BETAs. The RAH-66 is currently the leading candidate.

They will be released one at a time too.  We don't plan on making a "proper mod" as such at this time.  But there are future plans for something like that.

Everything's looking good, just going to say that i'm looking forward to the C-130 as it's probably my favorite plane because its just so graceful for it's size. Also always enjoy your voice overs on the videos, very informative.

Guest RKSL-Rock
...Also always enjoy your voice overs on the videos, very informative.

My Mrs enjoys them too.  You can hear her pissing herself laughing in the background of a couple of them. smile_o.gif

...Also always enjoy your voice overs on the videos, very informative.

My Mrs enjoys them too.  You can hear her pissing herself laughing in the background of a couple of them. smile_o.gif

Ahahahhhhhhh

hahahahahaha

WarWolf @ Oct. 12 2007,15:15)]So what if the U.S of A* decided to drop the project...

!OFFTOP!

What's that? Did u press the worng key or something?

I am talking about the * sign...

Hey, do u remember that awesome pic (model) of the RAH at the Combat Photo thread? Whose was it, do u remember?

Ooop, it's the "stuff u r working on" one, here, is that one of RKLS models???

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=810

will your choppers have ropes for more then 1 objective?

I ask this because the cargo video is very impressive, will we be able to carry cargo in ropes?

Yes, Choppers will be able to carry under slung loads. How rigid the rope will by atm, I can't say. But that along with towing, will hopefully be added to the system, as part of the second phase. Initial test so far look promising.

For the first phase, we just want to get a basic system released as a beta. To see if it can handle real world MP.

let me ask another thing,

per example: with a cargo full in a chopper, ie, loaded with lots of ammo crates etc will we have different feeling in flight? Will the pilot feel the weight during the flight?

Im not sure that is possible in ARMA...

However Im not the pro, but I dont think you can have something change the flight characteristics of another addon, while playing ingame at the same time. As if you were picking up some underslung load.

It would be VERY realistic, also with the jets, thinking of a fully loaded Tornado going on strike mission that needs all of the runway and max burner to get of the ground. Same for Harrier and VTOL flight.

But Im afraid afaik its not possible... sad_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
let me ask another thing,

per example: with a cargo full in a chopper, ie, loaded with lots of ammo crates etc will we have different feeling in flight? Will the pilot feel the weight during the flight?

Well given how a UH 60 *seems* to change its handling with a full load vs. empty id say it was already modeled in the engine.  

But the really honest answer is I’m not 100% sure but if the engine doesn’t support it I don’t think its a feature we'll be rushing to add right now.  We'll investigate and let you know another time.

Quote[/b] ] per example: with a cargo full in a chopper, ie, loaded with lots of ammo crates etc will we have different feeling in flight? Will the pilot feel the weight during the flight?

In OFP, things like COG were determined before the game starts. After that, no matter how much you animated the GEO LOD, the COG would remain the same. Assuming the same still stands true in Arma, then possible the only way to do it, would be with scripts.

I must admit, I don't really want to get into scripting loops that adjust pitch, bank and velocity. Tyring to make subtle changes to objects across a network in MP, does not really work very well IMHO. The ideal solution would be something in the p3d and config.

But if anyone wanted to try, or we find a way in the future. Each Cargo uses it's own weighting and footprint. So it is possible to determine the weight distribution.

Zadoff1880

I have spent a little while going through this thread and it would seem rather apparent you are contributing nothing but mild baiting at RKSL, you might think it's clever to be indirect and "sneaky" but it shows nothing but an imature lack of basic respect.

This is your first and last warning.

The next post in the above context will result in WL's and PR's

Guest RKSL-Rock
May i ask what happened to the cessna?

There is still some work to do on it. The damage system is the most awkward and some rvmat work. And in light of the community's reaction to Gnat's Piper I've asked VXR to make some military skins for it.

But its stalled a bit due to lack of free time on the part of Farles. If i can get hold of him in the next few days I'll see if I can post a more detailed update.

Rhodite - as I wrote before somewhere else, I've promised Placebo not to write antyhing about this mod, or about any of the RKLS sub-projects, branches, etc., etc. You should have read that too. & no, I don't think it's cleaver or sneaky.

I think it's dumb, believe it, or not.

sweet a cessna in a few different skins would be very nice, some civie skins and some army and whatever type of skins. smile_o.gif