Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Looking good as always RKSL.

Can't wait to get my hands on that Seaking and Lynx.

BTW. Couldn't help but notice that theres a Puma in your sig from time to time. Is that one of your future projects, or is just to make your sig look cool?

I'm asking because I'd love to see a RAF Puma in ArmA. OFrP's Pumas and Gazelles were my fav helo's in OFP.

Anyways... As I already said great looking work guys biggrin_o.gif

I just checked the project plans and there is a Puma HC2 planned biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for your compliment!

I just checked the project plans and there is a Puma HC2 planned biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for your compliment!

Thanx for your quick reply.

Glad to hear that there's a Puma in the pipeline smile_o.gif

Quick question: Are any of the choppers going to be armed with GPMG's?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quick question: Are any of the choppers going to be armed with GPMG's?

There's going to be GPMG's with everything!  Even the GPMG's will have GPMG's!

Seriously there will be GPMG's on everything that should have one.  Messiah of UKF has given us his model so we have an accurate UK spec weapon to mount.

There's going to be GPMG's with everything! Even the GPMG's will have GPMG's!

Seriously there will be GPMG's on everything that should have one. Messiah of UKF has given us his model so we have an accurate UK spec weapon to mount.

Thanx for yet another quick reply biggrin_o.gif

Was a bit unsure if the RAF armed their transport choppers at all.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Seriously there will be GPMG's on everything that should have one.  Messiah of UKF has given us his model so we have an accurate UK spec weapon to mount.

These days they arm everything.  smile_o.gif  When the Merlin HC3A (ex Danish Mk512) comes on line they may get 2x miniguns too.  Or at least that what the current rumour mill says.  Although last i heard they had the mounts and the ammo but not the weapons.  Who knows but there might be a minigun version in our future.

I check this thread every month, see nothing, and go back to my deep underground home to wait for another month, that;s all... to come back next month, in October etc.

Didn't u get it?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Is this a new forum rule, have I missed something? Are we supposed to visit every thread, once a month and comment on if it's changed sufficiently for our tastes? So that’s 48902 people, posting in 65200 topics, once a month. That sounds like fun...Or are you a special case smile_o.gif

It ok mate he’s just special. He's the BIS forum equivalent to Marvin the Paranoid Android.

I belive most AAC and RAF choppers have the ability to mount a GPMG in the side door for the crew cheif/load master/guy in the back to use.

you check all threads every mounth and you are anxcious? jeezzz...

i do that everyday, in 3 hours routine and i'm not anxcious. just interested in status, what people talk and to give some info if people require it - this gives me a feeling that i'm needed in BI forums tounge2.gif

now i'm realy interested in A-400M, maybe someone will write about it's real life status in the world of cargo planes and service entering dates, and something more...

oh yeah, i forgot to ask about it's status in arma  rofl.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
now i'm realy interested in A-400M, maybe someone will write about it's real life status in the world of cargo planes and service entering dates, and something more...

oh yeah, i forgot to ask about it's status in arma  rofl.gif

Here's the A400M in game.  

It’s far from complete, but its coming along slowly.  A number of other addons are benefiting from the A400M development.  It’s become my test bed for glass cockpits and handling tests.

As for the real world status…

http://www.airbusmilitary.com/

http://www.a400m-countdown.com/

OMFG that new features available within Arma are awesome!!! wow_o.gif

well i expected a hand writen text, from your or someone's friend about A-400M status, capabilities and new things... but i think you don't have time for that, do you? So much projects - no time wasting... wink_o.gif

keep it up, RKSL boys thumbs-up.gif

P.S. Reading the links given...

Guest RKSL-Rock
well i expected a hand writen text, from your or someone's friend about A-400M status, capabilities and new things... but i think you don't have time for that, do you?

Neither I nor Steve (my friend at Airbus Filton) can tell you much more than is on those websites.  There have been delays caused by technical problems and manufacturing issues but most were caused by Politics.  Italy dropped out of the program some time ago, Germany repeatedly threatened to either reduce its commitment or pull out completely, which caused serious delays in funding and schedules.  The international partners began demanding more of the production shares and all sorts of other crap popped up.  But the biggest problem (at least according to Airbus and EADS) was the failure of Europrop to deliver an engine on time that met the required specs.

Finally project seems to finally be underway properly even if it is a bit behind schedule.  Some more reading for you:

http://www.flightglobal.com/Search....s=a400m

Are the transports the prioritory at the moment? I am loving all the big aircraft mate.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are the transports the prioritory at the moment? I am loving all the big aircraft mate.

Not really, its helicopters that have my attention right now.  The Merlin in particular.  But its the Transports that people keep asking about.

UNN has also reached the stage with the Cargo Script System that he needed a proper test bed in the C-130.  The A400M was made in a day when I was sick of helos.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any new news?

There will be something later this week. Some updates on various things. Previews of some updated models and of course, a new video or two.

And especially for the neigh sayers and pitifully sad and lonely forum trolls Some progress shots of the C-130 J HUDs and MFD's time permitting. wink_o.gif

Can we expect Royal Navy hovercraft? I only ask because I have not seen one for ArmA yet.

Royal Marines to be anal about it smile_o.gif

[edit]

really anal about it be be honest biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Royal Marines to be anal about it  smile_o.gif

[edit]

really anal about it be be honest  biggrin_o.gif

Please Messy if you aren't contributing please dont post.

Can we expect Royal Navy hovercraft? I only ask because I have not seen one for ArmA yet.

We have a plan for them but its subject to some scripting to make them truly practical.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Update as promised... but not entirely as promised.  its beena  busy week this week so im going to split the news up.  Some this weekend and the rest next weekend after i get back from my trip.

This started as a bit of set dressing but its expanded into something more...

The T1 has been the standard RAF trainer since the mid 1970s but is due to be replaced by the T2 this year. While the T1A is the fully weaponised version of the Hawk Trainer.

We will be making the RAF skins for the T1 but we will also make the Mk60 series Export versions that are in use with various Middle East and Far Eastern nations.

RKSL_HAWK_T1_OCT_001.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T1_OCT_002.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T1_OCT_003.jpg

The next generation Hawk aircraft, the Hawk 128, will enter service in 2008 as a replacement for some of the current Hawk TMk1s. The Hawk 128 will introduce student pilots to the digital cockpit environment they will experience in front-line operational service and will provide a seamless transition between basic flying training, and operational conversion training onto advanced fighter aircraft such as the Typhoon F2 and the Joint Combat Aircraft.

<ul>

• Original and Accurate Models - T2 and Mk120 Series

• Fully articulated landing gear

• Custom HUD

o Fully Featured

o Flight Aids

• RAF Colour schemes planned

• MK120Series - OPFOR colour schemes

o Three Tone Desert/Grey

o Three Tone Green/Grey

• Accurate Loadouts

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_001.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_002.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_003.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_004.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_005.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_006.jpg

RKSL_HAWK_T2_OCT_007.jpg

There is also the inevitable Video:

<span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'>

</span>

Guest RKSL-Rock

Finally for today. NATO Spec E-3A AWACS.

RKSL_E3A_OCT_001.jpg

RKSL_E3A_OCT_002.jpg