Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock

EDITED for double posts...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]Hopefully UK project ( your oppos ) will develop the para vehicles ( 109 art piece and the para vehilces) aprt from this i dont see the need to be able to transport strykers and tanks. the islands are way to small for this.

oppos? If that refers to 'opposition' then you're rather wrong on that front.

It's shorthand for "opposite number" Messiah,  It was never really used up north if it at all.  I think its more or an east London thing. Just one of those phrases that people assume Northerners use.

Any future plans for RKSL Studios to release the Eurofighter Typhoon?  Probably a dumb question.  huh.gif

Yup you guessed it... dumb question  wink_o.gif

We've said several time before that we will be making a Eurofighter.  Its a personal favourite of mine having worked on the project 8 years ago.  Hopefully it will be somethign rather special.

I notice in the Herc vid on your website, there's a pilot and 2 crew on board. Do they have any duties? Loadmaster, etc?

There are 6  crew positions in the Hercules atm.

- Pilot

- Co-Pilot (Gunner 01)

- Flight Engineer (Gunner 02)

- Load Master (Gunner 03)

- Left Door Loadmaster (Gunner 04)

- Right Door Loadmaster (Gunner 05)

All save the first 2 give you a position to see and control either ppl jumping or drop pallets.

Quote[/b] ]It's shorthand for "opposite number" Messiah, It was never really used up north if it at all. I think its more or an east London thing. Just one of those phrases that people assume Northerners use.

LOL

I guess your just strengthening you bond with your oppo.

to clarify i was not giving it exclusivity to those two origins.

But i have been in the north for 42 years and i dont recall a time when i wasnt asked where my "oppo" was smile_o.gif.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]It's shorthand for "opposite number" Messiah,  It was never really used up north if it at all.  I think its more or an east London thing. Just one of those phrases that people assume Northerners use.

LOL

I guess your just strengthening you bond with your oppo.

to clarify i was not giving it exclusivity to those two origins.

But i have been in the north for 42 years and i dont recall a time when i wasnt asked where my "oppo" was smile_o.gif.

Accoding to Oxford's Slang Disctionary

Quote[/b] ]“Oppo†– slang term for friend circa 1930’s.  Believed to originate in the docks of London when an “oppo†was the man opposite when unloading cargo...

I am form just north of Manchester, Ive never heard it used. Messy and I already have enough of a "bond" to be able to take pokes from either ourselves or others.

Quote[/b] ]Messy and I already have enough of a "bond" to be able to take pokes from either ourselves or others.

oooh, hello sailor inlove.gif

aaaaaanyway.... can't actually think of anything to say to get the thread back on track... really... I'm trying... just needed to get the innuendo out of my system.

rock - show some more pictures, then they'll ignore me biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
rock - show some more pictures, then they'll ignore me biggrin_o.gif

What you mean like the ones you sent me? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]I am form just north of Manchester, Ive never heard it used. Messy and I already have enough of a "bond" to be able to take pokes from either ourselves or others.

Well next time you are passing Samlesbury BAE , bring your mate and i will ask him "has your OPPO brought his laptop ,so i may view his videos in high res" wink_o.gif

I am rather looking forward to UNN`s scripts i must admit.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]I am form just north of Manchester, Ive never heard it used. Messy and I already have enough of a "bond" to be able to take pokes from either ourselves or others.

Well next time you are passing Samlesbury BAE , bring your mate and i will ask him "has your OPPO brought his laptop ,so i may view his videos in high res" wink_o.gif

I am rather looking forward to UNN`s scripts i must admit.

You work at Samlesbury?  I had a couple of years in the Lesser Building next to 4 Shed in EFSubCon.

UNN is working on a new Cargo System Video showing it working on the Hercules.

Guest RKSL-Rock

A bit of a mixed update this...

A400M

Following on from the C-130 pack will be the Airbus A400M.

The feature list will - obviously - be almost identical to the C-130 pack but with the ability to carry more and larger cargo loads.

rksl_arma_a400m_1.jpg

rksl_arma_a400m_2.jpg

rksl_arma_a400m_3.jpg

Westland Seaking HC4

Features:

- Rotors blades deflect during load.

- Rotors change pitch

- Cargo System Support - Underslung loads

- instrumented and usable cockpits

- Internal Lighting.

rksl_arma_seakinghc4_1.jpg

rksl_arma_seakinghc4_2.jpg

rksl_arma_seakinghc4_3.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
Amazing A400m RockOfSl

Where did you get the specs, features and blueprints if you don't mind me asking? http://www.a400m-countdown.com/ ?

keep up the good work  thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, you can get general specs and 3 views from:http://www.airbusmilitary.com/

I got a load of help and production pics to help with the profiling from a guy who used to work for me at Airbus Filton who's now working on the A400M wings.  And I'm still waiting on Airbus to release the final internal configuration layouts.

wtf!? A-400M is in production and entering service with RAF? it seems i have slept whole decade of this project... i can't believe it! after so much time wasting, debates and etc they have finaly decided to actualy build this nice plane? Jezus, i was realy zZz...

Everyting looks perfect to me, RKSL team  thumbs-up.gif

P.S. what a shock about that A-400M... wow_o.gif

I'd like to see how that c-130 is doing? I really love HUGE cargo planes and allready looking for Queens gambits DC-3 smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I'd like to see how that c-130 is doing? I really love HUGE cargo planes and allready looking for Queens gambits DC-3  smile_o.gif

The C-130 is doing fine. There are no real obvious changes that you could see right now. Theres a little more detail in the J Cockpit. The E/H/K cockpits are taking shape, but again not really much to talk about. Once the mapping is done maybe then we'll have some more C-130 news.

Any news on the Lynx/Future Lynx? I love the Seaking by the way.

Are your aircraft going to have countermeasures, flares, chaff, ect? And about paradropping, I did not know you could paradrop in ArmA unless you tell the AI to eject one after another, I did not think the AI could do it alone.

Goodness me you are spoiling us for medium lift aircraft!

Does the 400 have the same cargo problem with the Stryker?

Guest RKSL-Rock

Sorry this is going to be painfully blunt reply.  Im in a rush  biggrin_o.gif

Any news on the Lynx/Future Lynx? I love the Seaking by the way.

Are your aircraft going to have countermeasures, flares, chaff, ect? And about paradropping, I did not know you could paradrop in ArmA unless you tell the AI to eject one after another, I did not think the AI could do it alone.

1 – The Lynx is still in UV mapping.

2 - All aircraft will have countermeasures where appropriate.  

3 - To get the best paradrops you need to script it so as not to string out your men all along the island.

Goodness me you are spoiling us for medium lift aircraft!

Does the 400 have the same cargo problem with the Stryker?

Every cargo plane will have the same issue with the Stryker.   There isn’t a plane big enough for it to fit in with its super size geo lod.

sooo.... let's wait till October  goodnight.gif

I'm sorry but whats the story behind your post?

I check this thread every month, see nothing, and go back to my deep underground home to wait for another month, that;s all... to come back next month, in October etc.

Didn't u get it? icon_rolleyes.gif

An update was given just a page ago. You must have tunnle vision from your, erm, cave.

I check this thread every month, see nothing, and go back to my deep underground home to wait for another month, that;s all... to come back next month, in October etc.

Didn't u get it?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Is this a new forum rule, have I missed something? Are we supposed to visit every thread, once a month and comment on if it's changed suffucently for our tastes? So thats 48902 people, posting in 65200 topics, once a month. That sounds like fun...Or are you a special case smile_o.gif

Looking good as always RKSL.

Can't wait to get my hands on that Seaking and Lynx.

BTW. Couldn't help but notice that theres a Puma in your sig from time to time. Is that one of your future projects, or is just to make your sig look cool?

I'm asking because I'd love to see a RAF Puma in ArmA. OFrP's Pumas and Gazelles were my fav helo's in OFP.

Anyways... As I already said great looking work guys biggrin_o.gif