Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Quote[/b] ]On the ideas and propositions front- IF RKSL Studios are doing a British version of the C130 then maybe the following vehicles which are used by the Paras and especially developed for airborne drops should be considered...

Project: UK Forces are doing ground vehicles such as those you suggested.

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php

It's part of our agreement with RKSL that we focus on Ground Vehicles while RKSL do aircraft and naval systems such that we compliment each other's work.

@da12thMonkey

i do apoligise to you and your team,

Forgive my ignorance i did not now that you where in partenrship with RKSL.

I was just trying to help get over the issue the having loading heavier vehicles such as the stiker being loaded into a c130

Quote[/b] ]On the ideas and propositions front- IF RKSL Studios are doing a British version of the C130 then maybe the following vehicles which are used by the Paras and especially developed for airborne drops should be considered...

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php

It's part of our agreement with RKSL that we focus on Ground Vehicles while RKSL do aircraft and naval systems such that we compliment each other's work.

Are you making a thread in this forum, we hardly hear from PUKF.

Rock: Are the paint schemes RAF ones or a universal set of schemes?

Are you making a thread in this forum, we hardly hear from PUKF.

I really think that would be useful and helpfull it certianly would be helpful

@warpuppy. It's no trouble mate; just trying to take some of the strain off the RKSL team when it comes to answering questions and suggestions, and point them to where they might be a bit more relevant.

@Prydain. There will almost certainly be a UKF thread here once there's a reasonable amount of stuff that our addonmakers are happy to show. There's plenty of work going on privately, and a couple of images of very early developments have been posted in threads relating to modeling/texuring and the new tools, as examples of work that can be done with these tools. However, like I said, specific info about UKF's ArmA projects is being held private until things are more solid, and worthwhile to the public.

For the time being, just be patient and wait 'til there's more to discuss. We wouldn't want to end up having lots of discussion in this thread that doesn't relate to RKSL's work. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock: Are the paint schemes RAF ones or a universal set of schemes?

Pack 1 - RAF Varient including colour schemes.

Pack 2 - USAF and International Pack with generic colour schemes.

Hey some of you might have seen my request already so please dont say if you have, i just thought i would put it in here because you guys are really good at aircraft

well my request is for not nessaserily all but atleast a few:

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (air supiriority fighter)

Lockheed F-117 Night Hawk (stelth interdictor)

Lockheed C-5 Galaxy (heavy lift stratigic transport)

Northrop B-2 Spirite (strategic bomber)

Cessna L-10 Bird Dog (observation and liason aircraft)

i have an encyclopidia of military aircraft that has specs and stuff in if you want further information

the cargo script system where ammo boxes can be loaded into trucks looks almost finnished

It is close to the inital stage. I always planned on releasing a basic Multiplayer Beta (Addon & Script) for the first version, probably with limited support for the default BIS Cargo and Transport. It all depends on the time, but Single Player save game support with extra features will follow after that.

Yep, looking forward to getting my hands on some of these when Rocks finished with the config.

Guest RKSL-Rock
well my request is for not nessaserily all but atleast a few:

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (air supiriority fighter)

Lockheed F-117 Night Hawk (stelth interdictor)

Lockheed C-5 Galaxy (heavy lift stratigic transport)

Northrop B-2 Spirite (strategic bomber)

Cessna L-10 Bird Dog (observation and liason aircraft)

i have an encyclopidia of military aircraft that has specs and stuff in if you want further information

I appreciate your interest but, sorry we're not taking non UK requests.  we are doing some nonUK kit but only as sidelines to some of our existing scripted systems.

F-22 - Talk to Franze or Scars

F-117 - There were a few made for OFP but since stealth was pretty impossible most were abandoned.

C-5 - Not interested and far too big to be of much use anyway

B-2 - As with the F-117 its of limited use.

Cessna L-10 - Again we may do something similar but not really our era.  Nor is it something that a UK biased mod like ourselves would do.

Good Luck

Rock,

I was wondering when you released your cargo aircraft if you wouldn't mind including where the ejection-area information within your "Readme" files.

Mate, I'm sorry you havent had a reply earlier but you got lost int he later nonsense. I'm sure we can sort something out.

If it's not too much of an ask, i would realy like the RKSL team to make a texture of the Israeli Air Force C-130/J (the J model is part of our purchase list in the next 5 years).

The C-130 model is perfect, i hope the IAF texture will be made.

If it's not too much of an ask, i would realy like the RKSL team to make a texture of the Israeli Air Force C-130/J (the J model is part of our purchase list in the next 5 years).

The C-130 model is perfect, i hope the IAF texture will be made.

If it will be made, I think It's gone be in C130 Pack 2.

@RockofS

ok cool iw as just wandering because they are pretty cool, but thanks for ur reply

F117 is not problem too bee put with out the stelt. The sthelt tehnology didnt help him over Serbia in 1999. And it was shot dawn with a NEVA sistem. So put his just like a all plains.

Guest RKSL-Rock
F117 is not problem too bee put with out the stelt. The sthelt tehnology didnt help him over Serbia in 1999. And it was shot dawn with a NEVA sistem. So put his just like a all plains.

Mate if you arent asking about RKSL addons please dont post.

As Rock has said a number of pages ago there will be a number of nautical items, most assocatied with what might around in 5 years time...

RL issues are causing some major slowdowns but I am starting work on builds, with one small craft built but not of good enough quality to show (yet).

Intially the ships will be of Flk style with multi sections however a new method of placement is planned to mak eit much easier, also there will be features that in OFP where not easy to implement (or in some cases just not possible).

Most of these ships will be RN, with the rest likely to be civilian or other UK agencies.

As for water requirements on maps....

At the moment dont expect ship-ship combat, most of these vessels will be used as floating bases for air/land operations or for some as targets (including I hope some Terrorism style ops)

Thats my aim, with a close working within the RKSL team to add those extra functionalities.

sounds good exept for the RL stuff tounge2.gif well i'll wait till you get the stuff done. smile_o.gif Well for ship vs ship combat there is Gnat's ships, i hope he can make 'em for christmas or something smile_o.gif

Hi the RKSL Studios

Was wondering if you have managed to solve your cargo problem?

anyway hope all is well with RKSL Studios

We have found possible solutions for both problems. Along with half a dozen, other strange and obscure things, that have cropped up in Arma smile_o.gif

But for the two we mentioned:

-Preventing the Stryker and other unsuitable objects, from being loaded.

-The glitch with drawing objects inside and independant of, transport vehicles.

They are not ideal solutions. For example, we can physicaly prevent the BIS Stryker from gaining access to the cargo bay.

Also both fixes will need to be implemented by addon makers themselves. If they want to be able to drive vehicles into the back of their own addons. It's not something we can fix automaticaly, as it requires additional objects to be made for each addon.

We have yet to decied if the C-130 and other RKSL addons will implement these fixes. For us, the main priority is just moving cargo around the map. But I will certainly add the functionality into the cargo system, for those that do.

Well that really sounds great - quite happy and content with just being able to move cargo in my honest humble opinion it would be great just to have the c130 transporting troops and cargo (ammo - pallets etc)

Hopefully UK project ( your oppos ) will develop the para vehicles ( 109 art piece and the para vehilces) aprt from this i dont see the need to be able to transport strykers and tanks. the islands are way to small for this.

but dont mind me i am just a huge fan of RKSL studios and really appreciate the work you guys do. I think the biggest highlight for me is when you guys release the C130, your rapier system and Awacs type aircraft

At least then arma would have a decent plane to jump out of

just wish your partners in crime would let us know how far they are with their stuff

I notice in the Herc vid on your website, there's a pilot and 2 crew on board. Do they have any duties? Loadmaster, etc?

I notice in the Herc vid on your website, there's a pilot and 2 crew on board. Do they have any duties? Loadmaster, etc?

The three people in the cockpit are the Captain, pilot and navigator. If the others besides the pilot will have a duty is unknown for me.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully UK project ( your oppos ) will develop the para vehicles ( 109 art piece and the para vehilces) aprt from this i dont see the need to be able to transport strykers and tanks. the islands are way to small for this.

oppos? If that refers to 'opposition' then you're rather wrong on that front.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully UK project ( your oppos ) will develop the para vehicles ( 109 art piece and the para vehilces) aprt from this i dont see the need to be able to transport strykers and tanks. the islands are way to small for this.

oppos? If that refers to 'opposition' then you're rather wrong on that front.

royal marine/northwest england slang.

Oppo = Friend, Buddy

future ref

bah, Nottingham is about as far north as I lived, and they were obsessed with ducks.

tounge2.gif

RockofSL,

Really looking forward to your/team mods.  The videos shown are fantastic.  Any future plans for RKSL Studios to release the Eurofighter Typhoon?  Probably a dumb question.  huh.gif

GD Mast