Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk always just promisses from RKLS Studios bringing you addons since OFP days.

We only got hangars 3 years back and we saw many, many, many pictures of projects that got lost somehow. Or someone was rushing to fast with new projects. Always finish one stuff before you start new one If not you will be lost in your own shitty.

RKSL made on 1-one day anouncment of some skyflyer like B2 then 4-5 day's later Nimrod MR.2 and so on until this ARMA came no releases only hangars and black sea shadow alpa style + some other islands,... What happend to RKSL in need to ask?

Im on OFP since 2001 and know who is good addon maker.

RKLS isnt good for OFP. And ARMA is just another blind projects mod. What came out for ARMA from RKLS?

And then what when AMRA 2 comes out will all ARMA 1 projects be lost?

And what then when OFP (dammm is this game good, and legacy goes on) 2 comes out in 2008 TBA.

NO OFFENCE AMIGOS! wink_o.gif

My good sir, you're kind of a douchebag.

Just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk always just promisses from RKLS Studios bringing you addons since OFP days.

We only got hangars 3 years back and we saw many, many, many pictures of projects that got lost somehow. Or someone was rushing to fast with new projects. Always finish one stuff before you start new one If not you will be lost in your own shitty.

RKSL made on 1-one day anouncment of some skyflyer like B2 then 4-5 day's later Nimrod MR.2 and so on until this ARMA came no releases only hangars and black sea shadow alpa style + some other islands,... What happend to RKSL in need to ask?

Im on OFP since 2001 and know who is good addon maker.

RKLS isnt good for OFP. And ARMA is just another blind projects mod. What came out for ARMA from RKLS?

And then what when AMRA 2 comes out will all ARMA 1 projects be lost?

And what then when OFP (dammm is this game good, and legacy goes on) 2 comes out in 2008 TBA.

NO OFFENCE AMIGOS! wink_o.gif

My good sir, you're kind of a douchebag.

Yep.

lol relax man, you get our support, take your time and do your best welcome.gif

QuadSquad, what the fuck was that about? Do you make addons? And is English your first language?

@ RKSL: Is the plan to just let you drive it in but then use the cargo system to 'place' the vehicle?

RKSL make high demands on their own addons too. Rome was not built in a day. wink_o.gif

Let's hope we can use those announced projects asap!!!

Quote[/b] ]And then what when AMRA 2 comes out will all ARMA 1 projects be lost?

Lol...You think your frustrated. I had a years worth of OFP scripting, made redundant by Arma, almost overnight tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is the plan to just let you drive it in but then use the cargo system to 'place' the vehicle?

We are working on this side problem, so it's still up for debate. Hopefully we will come up with a sloution, one way or the other, soon.

Your insulting Rockofsl your also insulting me.

I am also one that had high hopes , big plans.

And could have churned the addons out.People not offering help or offer help then sleeping.Also decent people offering help I did not use (Unn comes to mind)

Can't get upset. I learned it all myself. Did alot of the work myself.Others didn't have same goals as me.

Spent months trying to overcome limitations and bugs for some of the projects I had planned (still no tailgunner in OFP)

Things change.lives change

I lost my mojo during that period but it was certainly a learning experience

I also helped others alot so it delayed my projects

I can see that this modteam is real active.Another thing that happens is people request alot of things also.

I see great progress here, users don't see the extra work involved.I spent endless hours research, bugfixing etc...

Cheers!

QuadSquad, consider yourself lucky this time because if I'd seen that before RockofSL replied to you, you'd have earned some WL and a free vacation. mad_o.gif

Since I believe Rock has defused the situation, I'll let you off the hook for now, IF Rock has no objections.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Guys calm down.  It’s really nice that your guys are leaping to my defence but you really don’t need to.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  QuadSquad chose to do it in a less than charitable way but i felt it deserved a proper response.

QuadSquad, consider yourself lucky this time because if I'd seen that before RockofSL replied to you, you'd have earned some WL and a free vacation.  mad_o.gif

Since I believe Rock has defused the situation, I'll let you off the hook for now, IF Rock has no objections.

Thanks Franze but we are all cool here.

Rock,

I was wondering when you released your cargo aircraft if you wouldn't mind including where the ejection-area information within your "Readme" files.  The reason being is the AA HALO script by Manday requires if you use the script with other aircraft (other than the UH-60mg).  I believe it is something like this:

case "VEHICLE":{ _v__float_door =[ LONG,LAT,HEIGHT ]; };

*LONG: Distance along the DIR/Y-Axis component

*LAT: Distance normal the DIR/Y-Axis component (X-Axis)

*HEIGHT: Offset from the objects origin along the Z-Axis

I personally have not be able to discover the ejection-area for the BE 32 Transport Aircraft and I am sure this is due to my lack of knowledge and understanding.  I'm am sure it would help other people as well as this script seems to quite popular.  Thank you in advance, and I'm am looking forward to your releases.  Please place a flower on the "Suicide" RAID Harddrives for me, I was looking forward to PAVE/PAW Radar Site, and some many more that were there. confused_o.gif

Well yeah, that's what I though too... But then I though:

I already know that chances are VERY high that RKLS won't do much for ArmA, and so what? I'll just won't expect anything from this mod, but if they actually do make something, it will make me happy smile_o.gif

i believe in RKSL mod very much, they already showed lots of promising stuff, the cargo script system where ammo boxes can be loaded into trucks looks almost finnished, i just hope i could get to play with it before they release the c130 pack. Yeah RKSL plans big stuff and big stuff require more job to accomplish. smile_o.gif but in the end it will all be worth it i think. even if arma 2 comes i think arma 1 and Queens gambit will still be enjoyed by alot of people online and Sp. Hell i have bought 3 copies of arma for lan gaming with my friends who are to lazy to buy their own copies biggrin_o.gif

What's the deal with you guys bashing RKSL, or any addon maker. If none of these projects see the light of day, so what? These guys take time off from their lives to work on a monumental project and get nothing for it. This is something I would never consider(more so since my free time is very limited but also because I don't make money if I take free time.) But the fact that there ARE people out there willing to enhance our ArmA experience and not get paid a thing for their time is something that should be greatly respected by us all. We need to appreciate these people not hate on them.

Now, if these projects are never released consider the fact that these guys still spent much time working on this. That in itself should be deeply respected. Honestly, if I was the RKSL team and I read some of the prior comments, I would never release any of my work publicly. It would only be available for people that I think would be grateful and respectful of my work.

But hey.... I'm not an addon maker. Regardless, let's all show these guys some respect before a few people ruin it for the entire community. Sorry for the rant but I think it needed to be said. Thanks for adding to the ArmA experience, RKSL team. I'm thankful there is people like you guys out there.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Hmm what with all the new accounts being history experts all of a sudden? rofl.gif

Ok so here's a simple question:

Would you prefer we don't tell you what we are doing?

Just remember before you jump on the band wagon and start posting your views. RKSL wasn’t and still isn’t a big team.  Until 2005 it was just me.  From 2005 until mid 2007 it’s was just UNN and Me.  Now there are 4 of us, Farles and VXR are onboard.  Now I’m not going to apologise for not giving every moment of my life over to making addons for an ungrateful community.  Nor will you see UNN, Farles or VXR do the same.  My advice to you is go and make your own addons.  Find out for yourself how much time, effort and commitment it takes.  Then come back and post.  

Now if you are the cynical type and don’t believe we'll ever release anything then please just don't post.  You aren’t contributing.  If you have something to say that might help us make our planned addon better then go for it.

Some projects die a death; entire mods have disappeared without releasing a single addon.  Perhaps if you people spent more time supporting the community rather than pulling it down more teams might produce more.  Hell reading these forums might even be pleasurable again.

Ok so here's a simple question:

I honestly don't know... is that really possible for you not to tell what you are doing? smile_o.gif

I'm just kidding, of course.

Plz, do tell us EVERYTHING!

We are totally addicted to your unit lists and movies smile_o.gif

No, I don't think so. I think it was brave of you to come out and ask about the C130/Stryker problem. You must have been aware that the community might ask you to find a difficult solution rather than an easy one, but at the end of the day, that will result in a better addon.

I hope you don't take these ingrate wankers' comments to heart. Let them piss and whinge.

...but at the end of the day, that will result in a better addon.

I hope you don't take these ingrate wankers' comments to heart. Let them piss and whinge.

Oh, I'd call myself an ass and a moran or whatever 1000 times if only it would change anythin biggrin_o.gif

You my dear friend are an optimist.

When visiting a graveyard people like you don't see crosses above graves, they see "+" signs smile_o.gif

And I am a realist.

Btw, at the end of which day???

Guest RKSL-Rock

Oh, I'd call myself an ass and a moran or whatever 1000 times if only it would change anythin biggrin_o.gif

When visiting a graveyard people like you don't see crosses above graves, they see "+" signs smile_o.gif

And I am a realist.

Thanks for that charming sarcastic contribution. Now why don't you stop trolling and go away.

And I am a realist.

You're not a realist. You're a spacker.

Ok guys enough.

Rock already replied about the first issue, no need to extend it on 2 thread pages. Next post is about discussion on our addons (discussion = exchanging ideas, not telling you're waiting for it or asking for a release date) or I personnaly ask a mod to start cleaning the thread.

Now, we all want (RKSL team as well as you guys) to get those addons released ASAP, so if want to help, post useful things that might help us finish those addons, not loose our time reading whining in this thread. We're always open to intelligent ideas and propositions.

I'll take this opportunity to encourage anyone of you non-addonsmakers to actually become addons makers. I know it takes time and effort, but isnt that the best part of it? We just dont make addons for nothing. It's a great way to learn problem solving skills, and exercices the technical side of a person, as well as creativity. Yes, its hard work, sometimes painful, but DAMN, does it feel good seing your addon working ingame. Great self-accomplishment activity.

For anyone of you that wanna take a try and wanna learn more, I give you my personnal MSN address, feel free to add me to talk about it: info [at] mistercharlie.net

not loose our time reading whining in this thread. We're always open to intelligent ideas and propositions.

Amen to that.

On the ideas and propositions front - and it may have already been mentioned - is there likely to be a JATO system for the Herc? I realise you guys are modelling the British version, but the rocket pack might be good for a laugh. smile_o.gif

Don't know if this has been asked befor and yes, i know .. it's an USAF and not an RAF vehicle, but what about a nice and powerfull AC 130 Gunship?

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Don't know if this has been asked befor and yes, i know .. it's an USAF and not an RAF vehicle, but what about a nice and powerfull AC 130 Gunship?

MfG Medicus  smile_o.gif

We have mentioned before in this topic and on our website what versions will be in the pack.

This is the community preview for the upcoming RKSL Studios C-130 Pack. The first pack will focus on the UK Variants:

Hercules C.1 (C-130K)

Hercules C.3 (C-130K30)

Hercules C.3A (C-130K30 Special Ops)

Hercules C.4 (C-130J30)

Hercules C.5 (C-130J)

* The “30†denotes the stretched fuselage version. Future releases will include roundel capable versions in various common camo schemes:

Hercules C-130E/H

Hercules C-130H30

Hercules C-130J

Hercules C-130J30

AC-130 (Exact Version to be confirmed)

Planned generic colour schemes planned are:

Low Vis Grey

Flat Green

Two Tone desert

Two Tone Green/Grey (Dutch Camo)

Three Tone Green (South American)

Guest RKSL-Rock

On the ideas and propositions front - and it may have already been mentioned - is there likely to be a JATO system for the Herc? I realise you guys are modelling the British version, but the rocket pack might be good for a laugh. smile_o.gif

JATO has been suggested and dropped.  As amusing JATO may be its really pointless considering how good the shortfield performance is already.  Sorry but it wont be something we add in the first packs.

Please understand i am not an addon maker, i have only just learnt on how to call script however

On the ideas and propositions front- IF RKSL Studios are doing a British version of the C130 then maybe the following vehicles which are used by the Paras and especially developed for airborne drops should be considered along with the land rover and maybe the 109 art piece as used by airborne artilery instead of loading heavy vehciles such as the striker etc - This is just a suggestion which will give the player the firepower and moveabilty that is required for quick deployment on the battlefield

The All-Terrain Mobility Platform (ATMP) ‘Supacat’ is a versatile, lightweight load-carrying vehicle used by airborne and air-mobile battalions. Amphibious, and with a very low ground pressure, the ATMP’s six wheels allow it to cross rough terrain and water obstacles. Used for re-supply, casualty evacuation radio rebroadcast and refuelling, ATMP can carry a single NATO standard pallet, ammunition, anti-tank mines and other bulky or heavy stores. It can be fitted with a General Purpose Machine Gun (SF) to provide mobile fire support.[ttp://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/muv/muv_atmp.htm

Truck Utility Medium TUM(HD)

The Pinzgauer 716M Truck Utility Medium (Heavy Duty) – TUM(HD) – and the Reynolds Broughton RB 44 Truck Utility Heavy (TUH) perform a variety of utility roles, from carrying stores to acting as command and communications vehicles. The Pinzgauer is used as a gun tractor for the 105mm Light Gun, and can be carried in a C130 aircraft or ferried around the battlefield by a RAF Chinook helicopter as an under slung load

Truck Utility Medium TUM(HD)

www.army.mod.uk/equipment/muv/muv_tum.htm