Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Hey, can someone plz remind me which addons did RKLS

release for that good old game OFP? I am just curious.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hey, can someone plz remind me which addons did RKLS

release for that good old game OFP? I am just curious.

The main public releases are listed here:   RKSL Biki Entry  

Some other stuff was leaked by former beta testers as well, but there (i hope) no public links for those.

Guest RKSL-Rock
(Let me ask a stupid question)

About the geometry cages...

Have you actually tried to take off with a player (or AI) as driver?

Yes I have. It makes no difference.

Are you guys planning on doing a SEAD packaged Tornado? Im not sure if the UK is using the SEAD F-16 (block 50's?) or only Tornado's. What about F-35's? I have heard that the UK will be replacing basically all its strike and carrier based aircraft with them.

Also I know there are limits on what can be done to the flight model but how will you be implementing the avionics in your aircraft? Will it be the vanilla ARMA target acquisition or a more realistic and robust radar and HUD mode model?

I think that using the names and likenesses of military vehicles in a not-for-profit project falls under the fair use copyright clauses (at least in the united states). It would be a pretty easy argument to make, as I don't think that ArmA addons interfere with the market share of General Dynamics.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are you guys planning on doing a SEAD packaged Tornado? Im not sure if the UK is using the SEAD F-16 (block 50's?) or only Tornado's. What about F-35's? I have heard that the UK will be replacing basically all its strike and carrier based aircraft with them.

Also I know there are limits on what can be done to the flight model but how will you be implementing the avionics in your aircraft? Will it be the vanilla ARMA target acquisition or a more realistic and robust radar and HUD mode model?

There will be ALARM armed versions of the Tornado and Typhoon.  The UK does not use F-16s.

We are doing an F-35B/JCA addon it will also most likely have ALARM missiles.

RE - Avionics - Quite frankly I don’t think we're going to see any proper form of avionics anytime soon.  While it would be nice to have it’s really not very high on our priorities right now.

@Plaintiff.  That discussion has ended if you want to debate it further start your own thread please.

Is the plan to just let you drive it in but then use the cargo system to place it?

The main thing is that the aircraft will fly and looks f-ing inspireing.

If the other vehicles can go in without problems and you can fly arround with them. Well I think Id go for just leave it for now. Maybee somebody sorts out the geo lods of the two vehicles in the future. Or maybee when ppl get skilled enough with editing arma it could all be sorted out.

Then again I wouldnt mind a version which you cannot drive into. You could do a static version for that.

_

The other day I was thinking about the hercules and the various loads it can carry. How are we going to get pallets onboard? huh.gif

> whistle.gif <

The other day I was thinking about the hercules and the various loads it can carry. How are we going to get pallets onboard?  huh.gif

> whistle.gif <

At this moment it would be beaming it into the Hercules, like seen in the Cargo system on our Youtube page I think. wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
If the other vehicles can go in without problems and you can fly arround with them. Well I think Id go for just leave it for now. Maybee somebody sorts out the geo lods of the two vehicles in the future. Or maybee when ppl get skilled enough with editing arma it could all be sorted out.

Then again I wouldnt mind a version which you cannot drive into. You could do a static version for that.

_

The other day I was thinking about the hercules and the various loads it can carry. How are we going to get pallets onboard?  huh.gif

> whistle.gif <

There is no way to fix the BIS vehicles without altering everyone’s basic game files. Thats not an option. Altering the C-130 to work around the Stryker etc isn’t an option either, because to do so would make the plane unflyable.

As for being “skilled enoughâ€: Thanks so much for the put down. Nice to know you have such confidence in us. whistle.gif

@ RockofSL

Dont let them get you down!! i think that all the work that you and your team do is fantastic. The fact that you can openly dicuss a problem with the community over the issue of loading some vehicles into a C130 is bold and admirable.

I must admit that i look forward to the day you do release the c130 as well as your other models, cause its addons such as yours that make the arma experience most enjoyable! (yes credit to BIS for the game)

If i may say that there are many of us newbies out there that are really grateful to addon makers like yourselves and we really aprecciate the hard work youand your team do

As they say Bravo Zulu RKSL STUDIOS

@Plaintiff. That discussion has ended if you want to debate it further start your own thread please.

I was contributing to a conversation that you spent a great deal of time perpetuating. I think I will comment on anything I please, actually. Thank you.

Quote[/b] ]RE - Avionics - Quite frankly I don’t think we're going to see any proper form of avionics anytime soon. While it would be nice to have it’s really not very high on our priorities right now.

I don't know whats possible and whats not but to be more specific: authentic (or as close to) HUD layouts and symbology. Working monitors for TV/IR guided missiles. CCIP, lead indicator for guns, waypoint data? Pitch ladders, airspeed/altitude, FPV.

Do you know if it will be possible to have more "live" instruments, such as RWR's?

I think one of the most important things you guys could do is implement some sort of new targeting method for guided AA and AG munitions. Arma's current system of tab cycling through targets is woeful.

Dont let them get you down!! i think that all the work that you and your team do is fantastic. The fact that you can openly dicuss a problem with the community over the issue of loading some vehicles into a C130 is bold and admirable.

+1

Why not 2 sets of loading cargo systems?

The vehics you can drive..

And the vehics you have load via menu..

Lets say you want to load up a STRYKER.

If it is placed close enough to the plane

you get a LOAD MENU on screen. Would

that be an option?

Guest RKSL-Rock
The fact that you can openly dicuss a problem with the community over the issue of loading some vehicles into a C130 is bold and admirable.

Well its only for selfish reasons tounge2.gif  If we ask you now none of you can complain when we release it smile_o.gif

I don't know whats possible and whats not but to be more specific: authentic (or as close to) HUD layouts and symbology. Working monitors for TV/IR guided missiles. CCIP, lead indicator for guns, waypoint data? Pitch ladders, airspeed/altitude, FPV.

Well realistic HUD layouts is easy, Pitch Ladders etc.  CCIP and gun indicator is apparently already there in the Class MFD options but again being 100% honest I haven’t worked it all out yet.  However TV Monitors that are actually useful and practical to use are going to be something for the future.  Its likely to be in the form of a dialog system which may make it hard to control your aircraft while using it.

Do you know if it will be possible to have more "live" instruments, such as RWR's?

RWR is also “easyâ€, I can just hear UNN denying that :P  He spent ages integrating it in the The Harrier and FCSS.  At the moment we have the older style system working with Flashing lights and audio warnings.   The more complex NATO style threat display will follow later.

I think one of the most important things you guys could do is implement some sort of new targeting method for guided AA and AG munitions. Arma's current system of tab cycling through targets is woeful.

Well the problem is no matter what we do we are stuck with some limits of the game engine.  Targeting is one of limit that we haven’t actually looked at yet.  But eventually we will more than likely get around to it.

Why not 2 sets of loading cargo systems?

The vehics you can drive..

And the vehics you have load via menu..

… Would that be an option?

There will be one system that is as flexible as possible. 1 system is easier to develop and means you are more likely to see an actual release.

_

The other day I was thinking about the hercules and the various loads it can carry. How are we going to get pallets onboard? huh.gif

> whistle.gif <

There is no way to fix the BIS vehicles without altering everyone’s basic game files. Thats not an option. Altering the C-130 to work around the Stryker etc isn’t an option either, because to do so would make the plane unflyable.

As for being “skilled enoughâ€: Thanks so much for the put down. Nice to know you have such confidence in us. whistle.gif

But the BIS vehicles have their .pbo file right. Somebody could make a fix for that and have it downloadable? Not RKSL team though...

I ment that just leave it for now. So that you cannot use it with the stryker and the vulcan. And eventually when you guys are completly into editing arma, and know all the new work arrounds and when you guys have learned certain things that you are unaware of right now.

Quote[/b] ]As for being “skilled enoughâ€: Thanks so much for the put down. Nice to know you have such confidence in us. whistle.gif

I said ppl in general and not you guys particular, and besides that maybee it sounded wrong but the thing im trying to say is that maybee you or somebody else will make a huge discovery that lead to this problem getting solved in a way you havent thought of right now.

The skills are most definatly inhouse with RKSL, come on im not stupid, all the addons RKSL are making are revolutionairy for arma and ofp for that matter. Not to mention the sam systems and the cargo system the vtol for the harrier... etc etc

____

And about the cargo system and loading pallets. Yes but youll have to move the pallet closer to the aircraft atleast. Or bring the aircraft closer to the pallet offcourse...

Keep up the good work guys, you guys know I love you all! inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

RKSL - I'd love to be able to actually drive whatever vehicles I could into the back of the C-130, if only for the sh*ts and giggles, if you'll pardon the term - so my suggestion is that you allow people to drive jeeps and M113's into the C-130, and make alternative arrangements for the Vulcan and Stryker - or leave them out entirely if necessary - ...is that feasible in any way?

Of course, I also highly suggest that you do whatever's easiest to implement. God knows you've put enough work into this already. It's much appreciated. =D

Just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk always just promisses from RKLS Studios bringing you addons since OFP days.

We only got hangars 3 years back and we saw many, many, many pictures of projects that got lost somehow. Or someone was rushing to fast with new projects. Always finish one stuff before you start new one If not you will be lost in your own shitty.

RKSL made on 1-one day anouncment of some skyflyer like B2 then 4-5 day's later Nimrod MR.2 and so on until this ARMA came no releases only hangars and black sea shadow alpa style + some other islands,... What happend to RKSL in need to ask?

Im on OFP since 2001 and know who is good addon maker.

RKLS isnt good for OFP. And ARMA is just another blind projects mod. What came out for ARMA from RKLS?

And then what when AMRA 2 comes out will all ARMA 1 projects be lost?

And what then when OFP (dammm is this game good, and legacy goes on) 2 comes out in 2008 TBA.

NO OFFENCE AMIGOS! wink_o.gif

I agree that RKSL's release history is quite poor, but they are currently one of the most interesting mod teams out there. As far as I know RKSL got a few new members now, too. Their models looks ace, with UNN on the team I believe they'll have some of the most innovative and advanced scripts and I'm confident that they'll get the texture maps for their models done, too.

RKSL only got started during the OFP time, but for ARMA it maybe as significant as BAS for OFP.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Hardly contributing anything here but here goes:

Just talk, talk, talk, talk, talk always just promisses from RKLS Studios bringing you addons since OFP days.

We only got hangars 3 years back and we saw many, many, many pictures of projects that got lost somehow. Or someone was rushing to fast with new projects. Always finish one stuff before you start new one If not you will be lost in your own shitty.

RKSL made on 1-one day anouncment of some skyflyer like B2 then 4-5 day's later Nimrod MR.2 and so on until this ARMA came no releases only hangars and black sea shadow alpa style + some other islands,... What happend to RKSL in need to ask?

Im on OFP since 2001 and know who is good addon maker.

RKLS isnt good for OFP. And ARMA is just another blind projects mod. What came out for ARMA from RKLS?

And then what when AMRA 2 comes out will all ARMA 1 projects be lost?

And what then when OFP (dammm is this game good, and legacy goes on) 2 comes out in 2008 TBA.

NO OFFENCE AMIGOS!  wink_o.gif

Don't take offence my friend i'm just being equally honest.

Its people like you that really sapped my enthusiasm for the community together with all those people that had the basic lack of decency and just rushed headlong ripping apart people's work without permission.  When the community is nasty and aggressive its hard to get enthusiastic about making something for public release.

Just for the record, The B-2, Bird Of Prey, 5 islands, Nimrod MR2 and R1, C-130 v1, Tornado, Rapiers, Harrier and FCSS were all released to a private clan and our friends.  Why only a private release?  Some of them were not properly texture mapped. Others like the Nimrod had very odd MP issues deemed not worthy for a full public release.

As for the general reasons stuff didn’t get released?  

1) I run my own business and addon making is only a part time hobby.

2) From Sept 2002 to March 2006 I was critically ill 3 times, Cancer and wasn’t able to sit up unassisted let alone sit in front of a PC for extended periods.  Sometimes it would be weeks or months before i could spend any great length or time infront of a PC.

3) My own textures were not of a standard I was happy releasing.

4) 80% of our models were lost in the “Great server suicideâ€.  A well documented incident when my home server fell off the shelf hitting my on the way down and corrupting most of the RAID drives.

5) Several people joined the team only to do nothing to contribute (common enough occurrence in this community)

6) Some projects were too ambitious the OFP engine and took far longer to develop than was thought, admittedly most of those like the B-2 died a natural death.

7) Until recently we didn’t have anyone that could UV map properly

8) By the time we were getting ready to release some stuff ArmA was released and it took our attention

9) Arrogant, rude and selfish people in this community ruined the experience of addon making for me.

I’m terribly sorry (and iam being genuine here - we had lots of fun) that you didn’t get to have as much fun with the publicly released stuff as with had with the private betas but at least we always showed evidence, both images and videos of what we were doing proving we had actually done what we claimed unlike some others.  And the work we did in the last days of OFP is setting us in good stead for ArmA and ArmA2.

Hope you enjoy RKSL Future releases.