Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Rhodite - as I wrote before somewhere else, I've promised Placebo not to write antyhing about this mod, or about any of the RKLS sub-projects, branches, etc., etc. You should have read that too. & no, I don't think it's cleaver or sneaky.

I think it's dumb, believe it, or not.

How, old, are you. 9?,

Rhodite - as I wrote before somewhere else, I've promised Placebo not to write antyhing about this mod, or about any of the RKLS sub-projects, branches, etc., etc. You should have read that too. & no, I don't think it's cleaver or sneaky.

I think it's dumb, believe it, or not.

How, old, are you. 9?,

Please, I understand your reaction on such a post but lets keep it cool here  wink_o.gif  We don't like a flamewar here about something that is solved.  wink_o.gif

sweet a cessna in a few different skins would be very nice, some civie skins and some army and whatever type of skins.

Beeing worked on mate biggrin_o.gif

Any news on they Lynx?  Just wondering if you're still working on this project as I havn't seen anything about it for a while.

Personaly I think the Flk Lynx was the best OFP addon and I'ld love to see something of that quality from RKSL.

I'ld defently donate arround 50 of my english pounds for this addon as I miss the lynx so much. inlove.gif

RKSL - Always working, you just don't see them. They post stuff when they think something has changed wink_o.gif

inlove.gif

i'd donate 100 SEK if that made the pure awesome ammo crate cargo script to be out to public faster biggrin_o.gif

just getting my student loan next week, should have gotten it 2 months ago rofl.gif

Any news on they Lynx?  Just wondering if you're still working on this project as I havn't seen anything about it for a while.

Personaly I think the Flk Lynx was the best OFP addon and I'ld love to see something of that quality from RKSL.

I'ld defently donate arround 50 of my english pounds for this addon as I miss the lynx so much. inlove.gif

The Lynx has a high priority status at the moment and we are doing the best we can to have the UV ready to get a texture on it but as some of you might know creating those UV sets take quite some time and are very boring.

At the moment we are working on the Cessna to have that released ASAP. Expect to hear about it all very soon.  smile_o.gif

i'd donate 100 SEK if that made the pure awesome ammo crate cargo script to be out to public faster

just getting my student loan next week, should have gotten it 2 months ago.

The Cargo Script project also has a high priority, UNN is currently trying out ways of using it on the C130 and we also need to develop different pallets that can be dropped etc. next to this all the script needs to be tested to see it is optimal for MP.

Sweet, next wednsday im gonna hit it a little bit on the bright side so Pm me your msn or something biggrin_o.gif

using it on the C130 and we also need to develop different pallets that can be dropped etc.

When you say dropped, do you mean

c_130drop.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Dropped

2. To fall from a higher to a lower place or position.

If you mean in what form or what the pallet looks like, this metalic pallet (nameless as far as I know). Cirtain objects, as shown.

Image05-epallet.jpg

A wooden/cardboard one (cant really tell.)

inside.JPG

A hardened sand pallet is used if I can remember, it disintegrates on landing to soften the shock.

But I have no Idea about this pallet (used by the RNZAF).

load.JPG

I meant just as your definition reads, dropped as in lobbed out the back of the aircraft.

By the way, that metal pallet you see is a standard aluminium airfreight pallet, 121 inches long, 96 inches wide.

We have the dimensions of all possible paradrop pallets that we know off, but thanks wink_o.gif

On the RKSL Project pages:

Quote[/b] ]

Features:

- Multi player and single player compatible.

- Multiple user interfaces.

- Nested cargo, containers and crates e.t.c

- Ability to support third party addons without modification to the originals.

-AI compatible, using Arma’s command interface or a suite of scripted functions.

Future developments:

As mentioned already, the initial release will provide basic support for Arma’s default objects and vehicles. Future updates will incorporate, amongst other things, the following features:

- Under slung loads.

- Deployment of cargo via Para drops.

Shameless bump in the hope of some sexy updates from RKSL!

Lol expect an update soon! We do have something to show, but when we have something we want it to be something big.

Meanwhile I have a exclusive screenshot of our secret project.. SEXY UPDATE!

Nurse, the optical bleach please!

That'll teach me to ask for updates!

Mind you, I bet that aircraft has better ground handling characteristics than the BIS dakota.

Oh when I think about this idea I think about lots and lots of missions just involving paradropping things.

I think for MP things like EVO it could be veery interesting.

And offcourse the ability of dropping some fecking large pieces of ordinance comes also allot closer to arma. But delivered by other players.

notworthy.gifwink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Just a thought about the shifting of COG with cargo load issue.. Can an object have mass in ArmA, while being both transparent AND non-blocking?

If so, then given the probable limitation of fixed COG in the models as they are, then would it not be 'possible' to have the ACTUAL model that the flight model and COG are attached to being inside and invisible within the outer 'visible' model ?

Basically you have flying cargo-holder with a relative-moving outer shell that is the aircraft we actually see.

Hope that makes SOME sense at least to someone.

Only issue I'd anticipate there is whether the 'flying' inner part of the model CAN be relative to the collision-detection outer model. Perhaps with bones and animations or somthing this COG could be faked?

Anyway, as I'm typing anyway I'll add another whine and whinge about the grey comanche - any news for us?

Guest RKSL-Rock

Blatant bump in reply…

Sorry I’ve not replied sooner.  No sexy pics or video right now but will follow at some point this week. Anyway a few smaller updates:

Team News:

Farles is still away due to work and college issues.

Rock – still jumping around like a nutter trying to find fixes and solutions to some issues with various projects. I’ve also taught myself to UV map…doesn’t sound like a big thing I know but its only taken 4 years.

Skull – Working away on some OPFOR CAS projects.

UNN – Finishing off the Cargo System and being distracted by me begging for a fix for the turret issue for fixed wing aircraft – which he has done some promising work for laser designators – eg: Litening III, TIALD and Sniper.

VXR – has exams right now but is giving over as much of his spare time to artwork as he can.

I’ve finally completed development of the “Dynamic Rotor Systemâ€.  This provides more realistic visuals for helicopter rotors. As with most ideas the plan was simple and the solution turned out to be pretty simple too.  The blade’s pitch changes depending on collective position and the blades flex under load.  Its not a huge thing but it does add an extra dimension to the visuals when a helicopter comes into land. Video will follow soon.

Cessna 182

Work is progressing very slowly due to personal time issues for both me and VXR.

<ul>– RVMAT, normal maps etc are now done.  They just need a few tweeks.

- VXR is working his arse off making various skins and colour schemes.

- Handling has been significantly reworked to give a more “positive†feeling when flying.

- We still need to sort the damage textures and RVMATs.  I just haven’t had the time to look at it properly.

C-130 Pack

As above work is progressing very slowly due to personal time issues and the ongoing development of the cargo system but its next in the queue for UV mapping.  Still to do:

<ul>– Textures and RVMAT, normal maps etc

- UV Mapping

- Low speed handling tweaks

- Cockpit instruments and some cockpit detailing

- Damage model textures and rvmats.

Merlin HC3

A lot of progress here.  I spent 4 days solid last week on this.  

<ul>- Improved and more accurate model

- Fully UV mapped

- Dynamic Rotor System enabled

- Multigun support

- Textures and Artwork need “polishing†– read doing by someone with more skill than me

- Minor handling tweaks

- Damage system still needs looking at.  Both the RVAMTs, animation and textures.

- Cockpit instrumentation still needs doing.

- loadmaster position animations

Seaking HC.4/HC.6C

Not much progress here. Still to do:

<ul>- The model still need some work especially on the interior

- Needs remapping

- Dynamic Rotor System support

- Door Gun

- Textures and Artwork- Minor handling tweaks

- Damage system

- Cockpit instrumentation still needs doing.

- loadmaster position animations

Rapier FSC

Still some way to go but the common parts of the system are now 95% done.

<ul>- FSC Launcher is fully mapped but missing some texture detailing

- Blindfire FC Radar Turret needs mapping

- Dagger Search Radar as above

- RVMAT and normal maps etc need doing.

- Camo nets are WIP

MIM-23 HAWK

<ul>- Configed and working ingame

- Partly UV mapped now

- Radar support units need finishing but that’s not too much work.

MIM-72 Chapperal

<ul>- Configed and working ingame

- Model is 80%

- Track and suspension are working

- Some minor scripting needs doing to make sure the unit cannot fire on the move.

WarWolf @ Nov. 20 2007,23:39)]Just a thought about the shifting of COG with cargo load issue..  Can an object have mass in ArmA, while being both transparent AND non-blocking?

Yes weapons/ammo proxies appear to have mass but do not overtly see to affect AI blocking.

WarWolf @ Nov. 20 2007,23:39)]If so, then given the probable limitation of fixed COG in the models as they are, then would it not be 'possible' to have the ACTUAL model that the flight model and COG are attached to being inside and invisible within the outer 'visible' model ?

Basically you have flying cargo-holder with a relative-moving outer shell that is the aircraft we actually see.

Hope that makes SOME sense at least to someone.

Only issue I'd anticipate there is whether the 'flying' inner part of the model CAN be relative to the collision-detection outer model. Perhaps with bones and animations or somthing this COG could be faked?

There is no need to fake anything.  It’s not a problem really the CofG was never really that big an issue to really worry about.

WarWolf @ Nov. 20 2007,23:39)]Anyway, as I'm typing anyway I'll add another whine and whinge about the grey comanche - any news for us?

Well there is still some stuff to do on it to make it playable ingame.  And again being very honest it’s really not a high priority for me right now.  As I’ve said above I’ve learnt to UV map so we now have one less obstacle to some significant progress.

I am so new to this mod, I dont even know what the name means huh.gif (embaressed)

so, I would love to know, it looks some kind of British armed forces mod or something... huh.gif

I am so new to this mod, I dont even  know what the name means  huh.gif (embaressed)

so, I would love to know, it looks some kind of British armed forces mod  or something... huh.gif

Well after a look through the thread you would have found out that RKSL primarily focus on aircraft that are in use with the British Forces. Although there are some non British projects in the works but these are of secondary importance.

In addition the RKSL team have came up with some brilliant scripts for their addons ie Cargo script, Rapier(AAA) scripts etc. Moreover they will also try to get the aircraft to be as realistic as possible within the ArmA engine.

There is also an 'agreement' between RKSL and Project UK Forces (PUKF) in that RKSL will focus on air and PUKF will focus on ground forces.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head for now. Anyway I'm sure RockofSL (RKSL - hence RKSL studios) will give more details on what the project is about.

To RKSL:

I have been following your work since its inception into ArmA and look forward to your releases . I continue to be impressed with the work you have come up with so far and your ability to take on such a huge project.

Kudos.

That dynamic rotor system sounds pretty awesome. Look forward to hearing more.

The “Dynamic Rotor System†sounds really great.  Seeing the rotors flex while making a landing is just more eye candy.  thumbs-up.gif   Looking forward to this!

GD Mast

Quote[/b] ]I continue to be impressed with the work you have come up with

Well it's all good fun. It may or may not be considered the cutting edge atm, but BI on it's own, is just one big toy box smile_o.gif

I have taken a break from the cargo system, but I've done most of what I wanted to do. So I will be returning to it, with renewed vigour!

Thanks for the update Rock, looking forward to the next. I notice the Hawk T2 was missed out, is that just due to there being nothing to update?