Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
Thanks for the update Rock, looking forward to the next.  I notice the Hawk T2 was missed out, is that just due to there being nothing to update?

I sort of forgot about it... crazy_o.gif

I havent done much with it to be very honest. The cockpit instrumentation is about half done. I'm at a loss to figure out how the "class MFD" hud marker are triggerd for gun and missile locks right now. It proved very frustrating so i put it down and walked away for a while.

We're looking into Dynamic arming system and the Hawk will be the Testbed for it so i didnt want to go mad on the cockpits until i know what I could actually display but I've had a few offers to UV map it for us though so there might be some real progress to report soon.

Yeah that would be very good to be able to pick and change your aircraft's weaponry, as the old way was quite restricted...would be interesting to see, good luck on that guys!

Guest RKSL-Rock

As you can see we’ve made quite a bit of progress with the Merlin HC.3.  It’s now fully mapped and mostly textured but it really needs reworking a bit to make it suitable for release.

rksl_merlin-nov07-14.jpg

rksl_merlin-nov07-13.jpg

rksl_merlin-nov07-12.jpg

rksl_merlin-nov07-11.jpg

There are still some things to do but the planned release will hopefully see some pretty interesting features:

<ul>- Fully working and practical cockpit

- DIRCM and Chaff & Flare countermeasures

- Rescue winch

- Under-slung Loads (see Cargo System)

- Dynamic Rotor system (see Dynamic Rotor System)

Due to popular demand there will be several versions released time permitting:

<ul>- Merlin HC3

- Merlin HC3A (MK512 recently purchased from Denmark and upgraded to UK mil spec)

- Danish Merlin MK512 (as above but with different internals and countermeasures)

- International EH101 – Grey – Roundel capable

- International EH101 – Green – Roundel capable

- International EH101 – Yellow/SAR – Roundel capable

*A paint kit may be available after public release.

That look so damned good, will you be releasing it individually or with the other vehicles? and also what abouts are you planning a release?

Maybe it's just me, but the paintjob looks a bit basic no?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Maybe it's just me, but the paintjob looks a bit basic no?
Quote[/b] ]It’s now fully mapped and mostly textured but it really needs reworking a bit to make it suitable for release.

I guess you didnt actually read the post.  tounge2.gif

That look so damned good, will you be releasing it individually or with the other vehicles? and also what abouts are you planning a release?

The RAF ones will come first then the Danish and the International Skins

As for when. i want to get a limited beta* out before Christmas if we can manage it.

* By limited beta i mena a version that doesnt includ ethe cargo system.

Guest RKSL-Rock

oops

Is there going to be a danish SAR version too ?

If yes, will it include FLIR (operated from a console in the cargo area)

Guest RKSL-Rock

No.  Only the TTV.  I'm not going to get into adding medical stations etc The SAR will have a generic interior.  As with all the UK Versions the TTV will have the FLIR turret support operated from the copilots seat. The only reason I am making the Danish Skin is becasue 7 people asked me very nicely and its an easy conversion from the HC3A.

I am sorry for you if you dont like that but if i bow to everyone's detail demand at this stage it will never see a beta release let alone a full version.

We're looking into Dynamic arming system and the Hawk will be the Testbed for it so i didnt want to go mad on the cockpits until i know what I could actually display but I've had a few offers to UV map it for us though so there might be some real progress to report soon.

Will this arming system be on the fly (meaning, changeable in-mission), or will it be like the old ACES system was for FP?

Guest RKSL-Rock

Will this arming system be on the fly (meaning, changeable in-mission), or will it be like the old ACES system was for FP?

The current plan is to have it "in mission" via a GUI. But rightnow it really is at its early stages and since we are aiming for full MP compatibility we aren't making any solid promises.

The current plan is to have it "in mission" via a GUI. But rightnow it really is at its early stages and since we are aiming for full MP compatibility we aren't making any solid promises.

The biggest issue I think you'll have is with the amount of weapons and the stations you can put them on.

I've had my old GUI system on my F-18 working since August with no ill effects over SP or MP. But the largest issue has been the number of weapons makes it difficult to ensure functionality for every possibility. I got around some of this by limiting how one can load stores - ie, I won't allow a single GBU-12 to be mounted on the #3, 4, 9, and 8 stations; it has to be two GBU-12s on a BRU-55. I've also limited the system to symmetrical loads only.

Not trying to be a blowhard here, but dynamic arming is usually the first thing I put on my aircraft when I have them in game. There's something nice about being able to switch from pure A-A, to mixed A-A and A-G, to pure A-G.

Guest RKSL-Rock
The current plan is to have it "in mission" via a GUI.  But rightnow it really is at its early stages and since we are aiming for full MP compatibility we aren't making any solid promises.

The biggest issue I think you'll have is with the amount of weapons and the stations you can put them on.

…

Not trying to be a blowhard here, but dynamic arming is usually the first thing I put on my aircraft when I have them in game. There's something nice about being able to switch from pure A-A, to mixed A-A and A-G, to pure A-G.

I understand know exactly what you mean.  Just to keep the number of combinations down to something reasonable we’ll probably stick to the approved load out schemes.

EG

A-A Option 1

A-A Option 2

A-G Option 1

A-G Option 2

A-G Option 3

But alot depends on what we can actually achieve and not kill our selves with too much work.  biggrin_o.gif

I figure the Hawk doesn't have a lot of pylons, so combinations shouldn't be an immensely large job. It gets worse when you start getting more pylons and more weapons. I calculated the total combinations possible on my F-18 to be something in the realm of 80 different possible combinations - and the script really reflect that!

Quote[/b] ]Will this arming system be on the fly (meaning, changeable in-mission), or will it be like the old ACES system was for FP?

The new system will probably be along the lines of Aces, but there are other ways to represent dynamic, visual elements on a vehicle. There are some new features to in Arma, that circumvent some of the problems with Aces in OFP. Although there was no reason why Aces could not have had, dynamic load outs via a GUI in OFP, other than Hardrock not having the time to do them. I'm assuming the difference your highlighting is to do with hardcoded weapon proxies over dynamic ones?

So I don't see why we can't have a GUI built in by default, no matter which method we use? Like the Cargo system, I plan to use some sort of object orientated properties, for weapons, ammo and their pylons. I'm sure that if you build the correct rules into each of those three elements, it will work itself out?

I hope i dont sound pesamistic here , but just like in ofp your models look like they were plucked out of microsoft simulator and Paa/pac added . my biggest regret in later stages of ofp was rksl never released what they promised.There was a rumour that because 3D models are like finger prints , they are very individualy recognisable and rumours scratched the release . is there any way you can release one model plane to stop the repetition of this in arma ?

p.s no aircraft shelters allowed smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I hope i dont sound pesamistic here , but just like in ofp your models look like they were plucked out of microsoft simulator and Paa/pac added . my biggest regret in later stages of ofp was rksl never released what they promised.There was a rumour that  because 3D models are like finger prints , they are very individualy recognisable and rumours scratched the release . is there any way you can release one model plane  to stop the repetition of this in arma ?

That not pessimistic that’s just insulting. If you want to continue spreading lies please do so in another thread.

I've already explained why not much was publicly released in OFP if that explanation is not good enough then I’m sure you can guess what I suggest you do.  All our models and every model made for RKSL is 100% new and unique.  You won’t find any of my models in FS or any other game apart form the Airbus family and Cessna ones i made for FS2002.  

As for releasing something before we are ready to, just to "prove" to you or anyone else spreading lies that our meshes are own, why should we?  What would that actually prove?

If you want to believe "rumours" go for it. Id suggest you don’t listen to petty little jealous children and be patient wink_o.gif

No.  Only the TTV.  I'm not going to get into adding medical stations etc The SAR will have a generic interior.  As with all the UK Versions the TTV will have the FLIR turret support operated from the copilots seat. The only reason I am making the Danish Skin is becasue 7 people asked me very nicely and its an easy conversion from the HC3A.

I am sorry for you if you dont like that but if i bow to everyone's detail demand at this stage it will never see a beta release let alone a full version.

No problemo man. Im sure i will like the Merlin nomather what smile_o.gif

Only reason i asked is that ive spent close to 15 hrs in one wink_o.gif

keep up the good work notworthy.gif

I thought this was a fu***** awesome addition to the game that came faaaaaarrr to late in the ofp years if you ask me. Finally somebody made a pair of really great hangars and shelters and finally I get to have my REALISTIC airbase. Not the usual I put large buildings right NEXT to the runway type shit.

For me this allone would be enough to be satisfied. Atleast he made something.

And then for the arma time right now.

How many f*** addons have you got lined up atleast halfway done as good as these? You can clearly see progress at every demo shown so STFU. please!

Some people nowadays are so bad. Im sorry, addons are done when they are done. But dont wine and be annoying if you havent done any addon work. I learned making addons is f****ng hard to do long time ago. I learned to appreciate the work done by the guys and girls who make addons. For free, in their time, just to have that addon ingame for themselves, let alone the rest of the community.

Im sorry, but take the new screenshots of the merlin.

I mean come on for beta, its got the textures on for the first time we get another notice that this thing is coming. I love helicopter flight in arma, so I cannot wait. But I do wait, patiently I will be done when its done. > . <

ofp2, watch yourself. If you want to spout BS, go somewhere else.

-HUNTER-, keep it civil.

Let's all try to behave now, ok?

-HUNTER-, keep it civil.

Understood, I just got a little irritated... confused_o.gif

-HUNTER-, keep it civil.

Understood, I just got a little irritated...  confused_o.gif

censored.gif

Would be a great smiley to have on the forums tounge2.gif