Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

ok, so i take it that you wont make a AS332 version then...

ill be happy anyway though smile_o.gif

btw, that Puma video on youtube is really cool biggrin_o.gif

looks as it´s much more agile then the UH60, or it´s just a damn good pilot flying it in that video wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
ok, so i take it that you wont make a AS332 version then...

ill be happy anyway though smile_o.gif

btw, that Puma video on youtube is really cool biggrin_o.gif

looks as it´s much more agile then the UH60, or it´s just a damn good pilot flying it in that video wink_o.gif

We might, VXR has asked about Dutch version, which is the AS332.  xmas_o.gif

It is more agile than the UH60.  Its closer to the MH6 than the Blackhawk.  But since its mostly me flying I'll say its a "damn good good pilot"  biggrin_o.gif

ok..

well i was asking about the 332 since thats the version we use in sweden too, now upgraded with digital instruments, some armor agains small arms fire, some missile countermeasures and armed with a GPMG (FN MAG58)

so if it´s not too much work maybe you could add an "international" version to the pack (just plain dark green and a Gimpy in the doors)

thogh ofcourse i dont have any good swedish soldiers to play with anyways so we could just scrap that idea wink_o.gif

I just hope the AH1 isn't a port from OFP like the Mapfact ones...

Guest RKSL-Rock

Dont be daft.  wink_o.gif

Its a totally new model.  We dont do OFP ports.

Its not a typo - An "Apache AH1" is the UK designation for the WAH-64D.

SOURCE 1 - British Army Website

SOURCE 2 - Wikipedia

So no you dont get a prize! wink_o.gif

Here's the Video that inspired the Puma Video.

Jeremy Clarkson, A Lotus Exige vs Apache AH1

Ah! I stand corrected! biggrin_o.gif

As it happens, I watched that edition of Top Gear on Dave just this morning!

ok..

well i was asking about the 332 since thats the version we use in sweden too, now upgraded with digital instruments, some armor agains small arms fire, some missile countermeasures and armed with a GPMG (FN MAG58)

so if it´s not too much work maybe you could add an "international" version to the pack (just plain dark green and a Gimpy in the doors)

thogh ofcourse i dont have any good swedish soldiers to play with anyways so we could just scrap that idea wink_o.gif

I believe the dutch also have the instrument panel upgraded, called Integrated Flight and Display System (IFDS) check out if Sweden also uses the same system.

You can also check out what upgrade version the helicopter has. the Dutch have U2 behind the name telling it has the upgrade system 2.

The main and tail rotor can survive against 20mm and 12,7 mm fire. The helicopter is able to fly for 30 to 60 minutes without having oil in the gearbox.

Dont be daft.  wink_o.gif

Its a totally new model.  We dont do OFP ports.

Well always have to make sure. I love Mapfact and what they've done, but that was just a bit rude I guess, anyways, cool stuff thumbs-up.gif

Nah, the BIS re-release gets old after being used so much.

I hope RKSL has better facecount luck with the MKII (aka the WAH-64D), I had to cancel my project because the longbow's face count was too high due to its overly done detail and so on.

I know the feeling sometimes biggrin_o.gif

Dont be daft. wink_o.gif

Its a totally new model. We dont do OFP ports.

And thank goodness for that, I dont think its arrogance that keeps me from batting an eyelid at straight port overs but I love ArmA...looking like ArmA, always looking forwards Rock smile_o.gif

ok..

I believe the dutch also have the instrument panel upgraded, called Integrated Flight and Display System (IFDS) check out if Sweden also uses the same system.

You can also check out what upgrade version the helicopter has. the Dutch have U2 behind the name telling it has the upgrade system 2.

The main and tail rotor can survive against 20mm and 12,7 mm fire. The helicopter is able to fly for 30 to 60 minutes without having oil in the gearbox.

i cant find any sources on exactly what the upgrade consists of, just that it has been conducted on 3 helicopters by a norwegian company and includes:

*Ballistic protection

*better medical equipment

*MG mounts

*IR reduction (i suppose for the exhaust)

*Sand and ice filters

*adapted for use with NVG

*Digital maps (moving maps)

and 11 other non stated upgrades (a total of 18)

and i know it includes countermeasures against IR seeking missiles (flares)

and also 4 of the swedish CH46 helicopters have gotten a similar upgrade (even though they where about to be phased out and replaced with the NH90)

but i guess it´s "similar" to the dutch upgrades...

I think we also got those airbag devices for emergency landing on water. So it stays a float a bit longer.

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>NEWS UPDATE: Fixed Wing Turret and Laser Designation System</span> (thats Plane class for non addon makers)

A quick Preview of UNN's latest creation.  The Fixed wing Turret and Laser Designation System.  This scripted system provides a workaround for ArmA’s engine failure for working turrets on Plane class vehicles. We are not touting this a the be all and end all solution to the problems of Turrets on planes but its certainly a step foward.

DOWNLOAD - Fixed Wing Turret and Laser Designation System (HIGH-RES) - 69.5Mb

The video shows a Mockup Predator UAV, the gunner’s Optic/GUI, laser designation of targets and the target tracking system.

What this means is:

- It is now possible to have turrets on planes.  Not just laser designators but potentially machine guns, canons etc. eg WWII bombers.

- It is possible for single or dual seat aircraft to “self designate†laser guided bombs realistically.

- A Full and practical range of UAV’s are possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES:

1 - The UAV model is a very crude prototype – yes we know it looks crap.  

2 - This system is in the very early stages of development and should be viewed as Work In Progress.  

3 - We have done some MP testing and it does work.  However some bug fixes are in place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll let UNN explain the rest...  smile_o.gif

that looks brilliant excellent work i remember people telling me that turrets wouldnt be possible on planes in arma well i guess ye have proved them wrong this brings yer ac130 closer to reality great job notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Jus watched it... Looks great..... Does this mean we would be able to set the Ka-50 Canon to auto track targets??

Sounds real good, thanks! thumbs-up.gif

i guess ye have proved them wrong this brings yer ac130 closer to reality great job notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

God not another one biggrin_o.gif .

Excellent work lads, thats a mighty toy for JAO. If only ArmA included some massive ordinance for you too.

My god Rock! I know when I spoke to you last that u & UNN were knocking something up but didnt realise how far u got with it!

That is some serious bit of kit! UNN is an absolute scripting legend! Cant wait to have a go! notworthy.gif

I dunno what else to say RKSL Studios are the dogs danglies!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

That is some impressive stuff under development.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote[/b] ]

It is possible for single or dual seat aircraft to “self designate†laser guided bombs realistically.

Does this mean that the system is entirely separate from default turret functionality?

Very nice. I like how the system works, by being able to drag and select targets and move it around. Of course due to the speed of some aircraft, it may be better to do use a system like the Predator, or helicopter designation, but then again it's still very very good in use and execution.

dude if i should ever get a kid ill name it after you.

well maybe not RockOfSl but you know...

tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]

It is possible for single or dual seat aircraft to “self designate†laser guided bombs realistically.

Does this mean that the system is entirely separate from default turret functionality?

Not exactly it uses the turret definitions to some extent. Its better if UNN answers that.  He can explain it far better since he’s the one who’s developed it.

Very nice.  I like how the system works, by being able to drag and select targets and move it around.  Of course due to the speed of some aircraft, it may be better to do use a system like the Predator, or helicopter designation, but then again it's still very very good in use and execution.

To be frank it shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.  We intend on using this system for the Harrier (ARBS and SNIPER) and Tornado (TIALD/Litening III) aircraft.  Of course you have to fly the right profile to ensure the bombs lands on target.  But speed should be irrelevant.

dude if i should ever get a  kid ill name it after you.

well maybe not RockOfSl but you know...

tounge2.gif

You would have to name it UNN.  Apart form asking for the functionality and offering advice I’ve had nothing to do with this.  UNN gets all the credit for this.  I’m just posting news.