Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
Any newsupdates Or anything, Rocko?

Just a polite question.... notworthy.gif

A few things have progressed nicely; I’ve been focused on technical issues and bug fixes for the last few weeks.

Just want to take this opportunity to say that I think all of what RKSL does is great! It gives me a semi.
Just want to take this opportunity to say that I think all of what RKSL does is great! It gives me a semi.

Ditto, just without the semi.

Rock you already know I think your work is top class.  smile_o.gif

Thanks guys, I’m all embarrassed now, seriously we all appreciate your comments and support.

What happened with your Cessna that you were making?

I explained this a while back.  Farles is the maker and owner of the model, due to personal issues he’s not been around so we’ve not been able to find out what he wants to do with it.  VXR has some of the skins done but it really only needs the damage textures applying to it.

And are your other projects progressing well?

As I said above we’ve been focused on bug fixes and finishing off scripting etc.  But progress is slow but steady.  I’ve nothing significant ready to show (and if I did im sure id just get more flak from some people)  but thanks to feersum.endjinn and Panda[PL] in this thread I’ve managed to get the section counts down on a lot of projects and the subsequent performance improvement is noticeable when they are assembled en masse for testing.

When you release some of your British aircraft, will you be releasing some British pilots for use with them also?

As Chris/Pathy already said that’s taken care of.  The hope is that we will have appropriate aircrew for each aircraft.

I’ve put some of the new development work on hold for a few weeks while I write some Brssebesque tutorials  as I promised in the 2nd page of  MLOD Issue thread and I'm trying to rebuild the RKSL website into a more useful and integrated format so you have to be patient for jsut a while longer.

Ok,

cheers for the update, must of missed your previous explanation with regards the cessna.....

Keep up the great work.

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

hows the progress on the cargo scripts? The one with moveable ammocrates and other objects that could be transported in trucks ect. anyways keep up the great work! I have faith you will blow us away even more when we get to try the stuff you're making.

hows the progress on the cargo scripts? The one with moveable ammocrates and other objects that  could be transported in trucks ect.   anyways keep up the great work! I have faith you will blow us away even more when we get to try the stuff you're making.

At the moment I'm writing the core system scripts, so the Cargo scripts can interact with the rest of our addons.

That’s almost finished, but I still have a couple of things to add to the Cargo system. Once there done, I just have to decide what objects and vehicles to include for the initial release.

So still a little way of just yet, but it's getting there.

btw a sugestion for players that love special ops type of stuff or for civilian life stuff maybe the coyota pickups and civilian trucks also can be used to carry objects? smile_o.gif

also have you considered the ships in Arma like the CBR or whats the name of the zodiacs? They have very little space in the cargo and carrying a extra ammo crate could be very useful imo. smile_o.gif

maybe limiting the crate to the smaller one cause of the light weight boat.

heya, great work as always guys. Just wondering, will there be any kind of compliance with UKF addons in regards to the cargo scripts or is it just a generic system where it complies with third party addons?

bootneckofficer

Guest RKSL-Rock
btw a sugestion for players that love special ops type of stuff or for civilian life stuff maybe the coyota pickups and civilian trucks also can be used to carry objects?  smile_o.gif

also have you considered the ships in Arma like the CBR or whats the name of the zodiacs? They have very little space in the cargo and carrying a extra ammo crate could be very useful imo.  smile_o.gif

maybe limiting the crate to the smaller one cause of the light weight boat.

The cargo system is flexible enough to cope with that, don’t worry.

heya, great work as always guys. Just wondering, will there be any kind of compliance with UKF addons in regards to the cargo scripts or is it just a generic system where it complies with third party addons?

All the UKF stuff will be compatible with all the RKSL stuff out of the box.  Other 3rd party addons will be supported too, either directly by class or by a simple addition to the configs.

Another shameless bump in the hope the fellas in RKSL have something sexy to tease us with. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Another shameless bump in the hope the fellas in RKSL have something sexy to tease us with. smile_o.gif

There are lots of stuff i could tease you with... lots of production shots etc but when we do we get a load of people whining at us for teasing them and not releasing fast enough...

Wait a while longer and you might see some new and improved stuff.  We are planning on doing a major update soon.

Quote[/b] ]We are planning on doing a major update soon.

Good to hear smile_o.gif It's good to have addon makers who want to get everything just right.

Quote[/b] ]We are planning on doing a major update soon.

Good to hear smile_o.gif It's good to have addon makers who want to get everything just right.

QFT.

Hello RKSL

I've looked at your addons and i think its great that your making planes and stuff for ArmA as it needs more planes.

Even better that itts brit planes as we have the best pilots in the world so much respect!!

The only thing i was wondering is if you were making like spitfires and stuff cos that would be good!

Don't bother with the RAF regiment stuff tho there isnt much point really as my uncle said all they do is gaurd stuff and no one wants to play that!

So make lots and lots of planes and do us proud! notworthy.gif

Don't bother with the RAF regiment stuff tho there isnt much point really as my uncle said all they do is gaurd stuff and no one wants to play that!

Damn right!

Looking forward to the update Rock. Should be good.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hello RKSL

I've looked at your addons and i think its great that your making planes and stuff for ArmA as it needs more planes.

Even better that itts brit planes as we have the best pilots in the world so much respect!!

The only thing i was wondering is if you were making like spitfires and stuff cos that would be good!

So make lots and lots of planes and do us proud!  notworthy.gif

Nope, no Spitfires.  but will make Typhoons  rofl.gif

As for the Rockapes... UKF are making them for me.  Thats if their key advisor doesnt get all biffy about them.  The infantry types get a bit jealous when it comes to the Regiment because they get issued better kit than most of the Pongos.

Damn right!

Looking forward to the update Rock. Should be good.

I prefered the pre edit version Monkey.

I like to guard stuff. ;_;

No offense to the RAF regiment or owt, someone needs to do it! Just doesnt make interesting gaming!

Typhoon? Is that a newer version of the old spitfire?

No offense to the RAF regiment or owt, someone needs to do it! Just doesnt make interesting gaming!

Typhoon? Is that a newer version of the old spitfire?

The Typhoon was indeed an aircraft used in the second world war.

300px-Hawker_Typhoon.jpg

However Im quite sure RKSL means the somewhat more modern Typhoon.

eurofighter-typhoon.jpg

smile_o.gif Much better in my opinion. smile_o.gif

Wait a while longer and you might see some new and improved stuff.  We are planning on doing a major update soon.

The silence is killing me....... almost wink_o.gif

I know how you mean, can't wait to see some updates, need British kit badly, but want quality stuff like Rocks, and not rehashed OFP stuff!

Keep up the good work Rock and crew..........

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

a question to ur choppers.

the merlin hc3 has gears. so in real life u can taxing the chopper on ground by pulling the blades forward and give a little of speed.

(that also works in fsx)

is it possible that u can build this in huh.gif

or for the planes a pushback - vehicle ??

so u can use the hangars and all in a propper way.

would know if u build such things in.

greetz

for towing planes etc, look on ofpec for Mando Tractor scripts

Guest RKSL-Rock

the merlin hc3 has gears. so in real life u can taxing the chopper on ground by pulling the blades forward and give a little of speed.

(that also works in fsx)

greetz

Unfortunately, ArmA’s game engine doesn’t allow for ground taxing of helicopters. They take damage if you push them around.

Pushback for planes is easy and will be applied to relevant aircraft. E.g. Hercules, A400M, Tornado etc i.e. aircraft that have this feature in the real world will have it. Other aircraft like the Harriers, Typhoon and F-35 can turn around in a hanger if you careful.

As for anything else Mando’s scripts might help you out.

(that also works in fsx)

greetz

Unfortunately, ArmA’s game engine doesn’t allow for ground taxing of helicopters. They take damage if you push them around.

Pushback for planes is easy and will be applied to relevant aircraft. E.g. Hercules, A400M, Tornado etc i.e. aircraft that have this feature in the real world will have it. Other aircraft like the Harriers, Typhoon and F-35 can turn around in a hanger if you careful.

As for anything else Mando’s scripts might help you out.

Didn't DKMM's Mi-28 (for OFP) have a sort of 'ground mode' where you could taxi it? As far as I can remember it seemed to switch the static model out through some action menu commands. Apologies for rambling and my undoubtedly poor memory!

What if you gave them rolling wheels?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Unfortunately, ArmA’s game engine doesn’t allow for ground taxing of helicopters.  They take damage if you push them around.

What if you gave them rolling wheels?

It doesn't make any difference. The game engine doesn't seem to treat planes and helicopters the same way.

Didn't DKMM's Mi-28 (for OFP) have a sort of 'ground mode' where you could taxi it? As far as I can remember it seemed to switch the static model out through some action menu commands. Apologies for rambling and my undoubtedly poor memory!

From what i remember they used a script that lifted it up slightly and setpos'd its way along. To be frank i dont really see the need to taxi a helicopter anyway. It not really someothign i'd want to spend time developing when we have higher priority things in planning.