Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

I doff my hat in sheer admiration of your individual and combined talents sirs. notworthy.gif

The <s>NH90</s>(dumb ass) EH101 looks stunning; what are your thoughts on the 'Zebra parttern' camo scheme for the <s>NH90</s>EH101? You mentioned a while back that this was something you might consider. Please don't take this as being a request, I don't tend to make many, Just being a curious cat that's all. I'm guessing the scheme is mainly used in a maritime role; do you think the RM's are planning on using/adopting <s>NH90's</s> (again a dumb ass) EH101?

Best wishes to you all and looking forward hearing and seeing more development news.

thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: Corrections; my mind is elsewhere today! banghead.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I doff my hat in cheer admiration of your individual and combined talents sirs.  notworthy.gif

The NH90 looks stunning; what are your thoughts on the 'Zebra parttern' camo scheme for the NH90? You mentioned a while back that this was something you might consider. Please don't take this as being a request, I don't tend to make many, Just being a curious cat that's all. I'm guessing the scheme is mainly used in a maritime role  ; do you think the RM's are planning on using/adopting NH90's?

Best wishes to you all and looking forward hearing and seeing more development news.

thumbs-up.gif

Its not an NH90.... rofl.gif

Merlin = EH101 (now AW101)

How the heck can you miss the large letters on the screenshots saying "Merlin"?

Hangover...I'm going back to bed...I'm not fit to do anything today!!!!!!! goodnight.gif

help.gif

Er...back on topic, please...nothing to see here... whistle.gif

@ofp2

i guess your assumptions are loosey based on chit chat someone babbled anywhere on whatever forums being pissed of that RKSL hasnt released any of their models..

sounds like you and your "source" are either just spoiled cause they cant sit still until theyre done or theres something seriously wrong with your head..

course its not that much fun that RKSL hasnt released anything..

but insulting them wont make them release stuff further..

stop such discussions like "omg this F-14 looks similar to the F-14 ive seen in simXYZ!!"..

an f14 is an f14.. and im quite convinced that the RKSL team has what it takes to create models and is not dependand on imports.. unlike other people here... banghead.gif

i guess you´d say the same thing about others people work who put much effort into this and release quality stuff..

but apperently you just want fast crappy made retex or just box models..

fine... but you shouldnt count on such people who put their sweat and blood into this, trying to please the community and ulitmately freaks like you..

hate_mode_off...

anyway

http://www.rkslstudios.info/images....-12.jpg

hope you blur that rotor bit more smile_o.gif

stuff looks good

Dont know if this been asked before but i do it now:

Have you done any MP testing?

I know its kind of a odd question as it´s not

nearly finished, but anyway.

I have a feeling that these items will be a serious

wish in missions. Evo is one i would like to see

your stuff in.

So what do you say...Will they be HEAVY on the

systems or hopefully lightweighted..?

I can hardly wait for it...Biting my nails everytime

i open this section and this thread...

notworthy.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

@ Everyone posting supportive comments I just want to say “Thank you very much both the rest of the guys and myself appreciate your support and patience.â€

@ The childish rumour mongering asshats… if you have a problem with either me or the RKSL team instead of making up stories and lies why not just PM us.  You’ll look far less stupid.

… The <s>NH90</s>(dumb ass) EH101  looks stunning; what are your thoughts on the 'Zebra parttern' camo scheme for the NH90? You mentioned a while back that this was something you might consider. Please don't take this as being a request, I don't tend to make many, Just being a curious cat that's all. I'm guessing the scheme is mainly used in a maritime role; do you think the RM's are planning on using/adopting <s>NH90's</s> (again a dumb ass) EH101?
Hangover...I'm going back to bed...I'm not fit to do anything today!!!!!!!  

LMAO!

Ok to answer your corrected Question… there will NOT be a zebra patterned HC3 or HC3A as there is only one approved colour scheme for the RAF Merlin.  There may be a fantasy snow version if some makes a decent snow map.

There will be a Royal Navy (RN) Merlin released later on.  This is the Merlin HM1 and shares 80% commonality with the standard EH101 fuselage but has:

<ul>- Different foldable tail

- No ramp and different rear fuselage

- Different Main Landing gear.

- Modified lower fuselage

- Radome under the nose

- Different internal fit and Cockpit

- No FLIR turret capability

This does come in two colour schemes, Flat Grey and Light & Dark Grey Zebra.  Due to the different internal fit the HM1 isn’t often use for SAR or Troop Transport but with the diminishing ASW role they are being used for a lot of other things.

…and im quite convinced that the RKSL team has what it takes to create models and is not dependand on imports.. unlike other people here...

anyway

http://www.rkslstudios.info/images....-12.jpg

hope you blur that rotor bit more smile_o.gif

Thank you Neph.

Yup, those textures will be replaced with decent ones.  The entire thing will get decent textures, the ones show are really just place holders.  Something I knocked up for the purposes of testing my UV making skills…such as they are :P

Yes its been flown on local and dedicated servers by upto 6 people at a time.

I know its kind of a odd question as it´s not

nearly finished, but anyway.

I have a feeling that these items will be a serious

wish in missions. Evo is one i would like to see

your stuff in.

You’re not the only one.  Its been discussed quite a lot with the guys I play online with and once we have enough kit to replace the US stuff in EVO, subject to Kiljoy’s approval, you will likely see a UK EVO game.

So what do you say...Will they be HEAVY on the

systems or hopefully lightweighted..?

I assume you mean PC loads?  We have a wide spectrum of PC specs in the BETA team ranging from AMD 3000+ with 1gb upto Core2Duo 6800 Extremes with 4gb and all manner of graphics cards.  No one has reported any serious addon induced “lag†as yet.

In its current form there are no scripts at all running so that may change in the future but we'll do the best to make sure it all runs as smoothly as is possible.  The only 3 scripts I forsee are the RKSL Cargo system, Rescue winch and the Countermeasures scripting.  Other than that everything else is “animation source†driven.

once we have enough kit to replace the US stuff in EVO, subject to Kiljoy’s approval, you will likely see a UK EVO game.

Nice. Looking forward to that.

pff.. yeah right..

Anyway, i can't wait to test this project. Its getting better and better every day! notworthy.gif

We would like to produce a UK kit version of our AAS map templates too so this kit gets used in proper player v player online warfare.

Yes its been flown on local and dedicated servers by upto 6 people at a time.

Good to hear you tested it in MP, too! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]EVO is THE best coop ever...

Right..!!! pistols.gif

Oh Plz ... don't let this thread turn into a pro/contra evo flamebite. There is enough of this in the MP-Forum.

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Great work Rocko! The merlin looks great really

-Can you upload some picture of the interior? I'm curios

-Are you planning also to release an Italian navy version of the EH101??

-an idea about the release date? even for a beta?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Great work Rocko! The merlin looks great really

-Can you upload some picture of the interior? I'm curios  

-Are you planning also to release an Italian navy version of the EH101??

-an idea about the release date? even for a beta?

TBH the interior is a mess.  It needs some serious texture work before being shown off.

Maybe once I get around to the Merlin HM1 I’ll do the Italian version.  They share the same rear fuselage and other major features that aren’t common with the HC3.

Release dates – it will be done when its done. It is my intention to release a limited (non-cargo system) Beta before Christmas.

Well I figure I'd at least post here, since there are quality addons from this group... I got a F/A-18F 3D model that I've been trying to get inserted to a good game, and figure you guys would do something? I got over a thousand ref shots, so if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well I figure I'd at least post here, since there are quality addons from this group... I got a F/A-18F 3D model that I've been trying to get inserted to a good game, and figure you guys would do something?  I got over a thousand ref shots, so if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out.

Sorry mate but we just dont have the time to take on anymore work. We're already backed up with new models and UV mapping etc.

Well I figure I'd at least post here, since there are quality addons from this group... I got a F/A-18F 3D model that I've been trying to get inserted to a good game, and figure you guys would do something? I got over a thousand ref shots, so if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out.

WOW a F/A-18F would be totally wicked in ArmA!!!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well I figure I'd at least post here, since there are quality addons from this group... I got a F/A-18F 3D model that I've been trying to get inserted to a good game, and figure you guys would do something?  I got over a thousand ref shots, so if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out.

WOW a F/A-18F would be totally wicked in ArmA!!!

Talk to Franze (the moderator) he was making one but I don't know how far he got.

anything new from the RSKL team to report?huh.gif?

Its getting tough to defend you guys in my gaming circle discussions about add ons. the cammie nets are cool but everybidy wants to see the stuff you are posting on the site in thier games. how about focusing on one project and releasing it so everybidy that wants to talk smack about you can shut the hell up. goodnight.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Its getting tough to defend you guys in my gaming circle discussions about add ons. the cammie nets are cool but everybidy wants to see the stuff you are posting on the site in thier games. how about focusing on one project and releasing it so everybidy that wants to talk smack about you can shut the hell up.   goodnight.gif

There is a lot going on behind closed doors as always but nothing major to report.  

As for defending us, whilst we appreciate the thought there is nothing we can do to go much faster. We all have real lives too and we don’t exist solely to produce content for the ArmA community.

This is that last time I am going to bother responding to comments like these.  I'm tired of repeating myself.

These addons will be released when they are done.  Making any addon takes a lot of time.  Why?

1) Making good models takes time. - Each need researching, making to a poly limit, LoDing etc

2) UV mapping takes time - Its slow and tedious work within O2's UV editor

3) Making good textures from scratch takes time

4) Making the Normal and specular maps takes time

5) Learning ArmA game engine takes a huge amount of time, effort and support by BIS and the larger community.

6) Writing (good) configs and especially scripts is sometimes very complicated and requires significant time to develop.

7) Often we are forced to develop work-arounds for the limits of the engine.

8) Free time is limited in our lives due to work, ill health or other personal commitments.

9) Testing.  Both in single player and multiplayer on local and dedicated servers takes time if a scripted system is used. Eg Cargo system.  Everything we make has to work flawlessly in MP that is at the core of our project.

10) Even when we have free time, people moaning, whining and spreading lies about us makes us less willing to make content for the community.

Multiple projects are started for various reasons, usually due to the fact we’ve hit a wall on that particular model. Eg:

1) Lack of a UV mapper.

2) Texture work

3) A script needs to be developed.

4) Some part of the game engine is bugged i.e. turrets on planes

5) Models are complete but have to sit in a queue to be textured, configed and scripted.

You do not see what goes on internally.  Nor it seems do you appreciate the sheer amount of work required to make addons. If you have never tried making your own addons this won’t make much sense to you but ask any other team. They will tell you exactly the same.

As for “progress†take a look at our UK projects page.  Everything that is shown there as “WIP – Work in Progress†has nearly 100% complete models. Or at least a working base model that requires some modification to make some other variant. They all need UV mapping, which I am doing slowly; something that until 4 weeks ago we could not do properly in the team due to lack of resources.  

Just like any other team it takes us time to make content. And just like any other team we are doing what we can when we can to get our promised content out the doors, windows, letter box or any other suitably sized orifices.  We may not be popping addons out the door every other day but when they do come out I promised you they will be good quality.  They will work and they won’t crash your servers.

Things are speeding up internally now, but you just have to be patient and see what happens.

If someone would like to get Santa to give me an addon making wand for Xmas this year I'd appreciate it.

Its getting tough to defend you guys in my gaming circle discussions about add ons. the cammie nets are cool but everybidy wants to see the stuff you are posting on the site in thier games. how about focusing on one project and releasing it so everybidy that wants to talk smack about you can shut the hell up. goodnight.gif

Just a small bit of info so you don't have to read through the entire thread. It's been mentioned before that these guys don't care if people "talk smack" and next, that they will give updates when they think there is something to update.

I apologize in advance for the cliche but honestly, if people in your gaming circles don't like RKSL's methods they should group up and make something. I can't imagine people would sit around and talk smack about a group of community members who spend days, weeks, months of their own personal time to enhance this game for people, said modders, do not know. It blows my mind everyone wouldn't have the utmost respect for anyone whom spends a portion of their lives enhancing a video game for a bunch of strangers enjoyment.