Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

We hereby thank everyone who signed up and showed the willingness to contribute. We maybe need your support later. smile_o.gif

question. will we be getting updates when the differnt stages off the project are completed. ie desert island being converted and a T55 tank being converted?

question. will we be getting updates when the differnt stages off the project are completed. ie desert island being converted and a T55 tank being converted?

We didn't decide on steps yet, but you don't have to wait until CWC and OFPR are converted. The steps won't be as small as single addons are, too; so it'll be somewhere between wink_o.gif

CWR proudly releases their official banner:

cwrbannerwhite.jpg

Thanks to BI, hardrock and jahve. smile_o.gif

nice, although I'd have prefered to have seen some deviation away from just copying the arma logo.... perhaps you could have played with the 'arm' in rearmed and the arma part...

its clean and nice, dont get me wrong, but I guess I'd prefered something different to the arma logo reincarnated.

We have been thinking about an adapted OFPR logo, but we were informed that CM has the copyrights on the OFPR logo... This banner now fits the ArmA style (Armed Assault, Demo Version, Cold War Rearmed), so you'll instantly see what game we're talking about... wink_o.gif

I second that, its doesn't really shout out to me that this is a cold war crisis revert. Perhaps take some elements of ofp into it?

Keep up the good work!

Nick

We have been thinking about an adapted OFPR logo, but we were informed that CM has the copyrights on the OFPR logo... This banner now fits the ArmA style (Armed Assault, Demo Version, Cold War Rearmed), so you'll instantly see what game we're talking about... wink_o.gif

aaah... thats a damn shame about not being able to use parts of the CWC logo etc...

true, Its obvious what game its about... guess without the ability to use the CWC logos you get a little stuck

Nice work there simba, i personally prefer the look your trying to achieve there, defiantly on the right track i think. notworthy.gif

good on ArmA for making this as a semi official mod.

at least they wont release it as a official expansion pack to make money off us. i know some games that would do this.

lol ,stupid is as stupid does , you wanna see when i am scripting lol. its hard being englishly challenged .lol

is sargeant right too ?it dont look right anymore .

But the bad spelling is in character! Remember this from

the CWC campaign (paraphrased)?

Armstrong: "I spy with my little eye something beginning with ...G"

Fowley: "Jeep!"    biggrin_o.gif

May I ask how you plan on converting the CWC objects (buildings, trees, etc)?

Will you import (and update textures?) the original CWC objects, or use the most similar ArmA object? Or another option?

May I ask how you plan on converting the CWC objects (buildings, trees, etc)?

Will you import (and update textures?) the original CWC objects, or use the most similar ArmA object? Or another option?

As far as I know, we will use the stock ArmA trees. and update buildings (?), as OFP trees dont really meet the graphical standard of ArmA by a long-shot, nor do most CWC buildings.

This is a brilliant idea, best of luck with it i cant wait to play my old CWC campaign in ArmA =)

I would offer my help but i have no skillz wink_o.gif So good luck biggrin_o.gif

As far as I know, we will use the stock ArmA trees. and update buildings (?), as OFP trees dont really meet the graphical standard of ArmA by a long-shot, nor do most CWC buildings.

I suggest for ease of conversion that any CWC or RES replacement buildings, roads, fences and other man made objects keep the exact same overall "footprint" and center point, updating details and textures only. Good luck, I'd offer my help but ArmA isn't out here yet.

Yup smile_o.gif they have been re-textured and some have had their model updated, but indeed there are CWC and RES buildings in ArmA