Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

@cifu

You forgot one crucial piece of info: Resolution. 1024*768? 1280*1024?

Check the screenshots, 1680x1050

@DeadMeat: I'm very happy, if a correct MH-60L addon come out. ^^

@Frans: Sorrowly i only have around two hour to play, then need to rush back my workplace, so cannot test everything. When i fly the AV-8B, use standard takeoff and landing method, i did not find any VTOL landing possibility in the action menu, but perhaps i just missed.

@Straw Dog: Sorry, i forgot to mention, i play in 1680x1050 resolution, the screens have the same, if you see it. wink_o.gif

Sorry, my bad. Then i take it i wont have any trouble running it on a AMD64 @2400, 1gb RAM, X1900GT at 1024>. Thanx!

Quote[/b] ] i did not find any VTOL landing possibility in the action menu, but perhaps i just missed.

There are no VTOL features implemented in ArAs with Harrier.

Quote[/b] ] i did not find any VTOL landing possibility in the action menu, but perhaps i just missed.

It was mentioned previously, the HUD is also a little poor.. no use for it other than dropping GBU's on laser painted targets, lets hope it all works correctly though.

Ahhh, so that´s why BI made the 'slow-mo' trick on the harrier during the GC2006 trailer sad_o.gif

Apparently will be added in a patch, though.

Here's hopeing thumbs-up.gif

There is not a multiplayer campaign which is absolutely ridiculous. They said it was and there isn't. I really expected this feature.

... im so freaking jealous.

All these screenshots, movies and ArmA fun.

Its like living next store to a guy with a jaccuzi and the whole college football teams cheerleader squad is there, and your not invited.

There is not a multiplayer campaign which is absolutely ridiculous. They said it was and there isn't. I really expected this feature.

What the hell is BIS playing at???

I never read that anywhere... Maybe pointing out sources could be nice smile_o.gif

Tried searching for this but there's no post search, it lists only threads where the search string is mentioned.

So, which 16:9 modes (if any) are supported by ArmA?

I never read that anywhere... Maybe pointing out sources could be nice smile_o.gif

It was mentioned in a number of interviews, I can assure you.

There's even been a great discussion about how many people can play - apparently none.

-The TrackIR rocks!!! I have a TrackIR 4Pro, and have absolutely positive feelings about using under ArmA.

That's great to hear! I have the same model and look foward to using it!

One question though.. Did they disable the ability to lean foward and backward? For example if you move your head closer to the IR camera, does your characters head move foward or zoom in a bit the way it did in OFP with the + & - keys?

Thanks for you review! notworthy.gif

One question though.. Did they disable the ability to lean foward and backward? For example if you move your head closer to the IR camera, does your characters head move foward or zoom in a bit the way it did in OFP with the + & - keys?

Zoom.

And it's very addictive - I played OFP yesterday and found myself rotating head to look around smile_o.gif

More bad news sad_o.gif Seems like all the features I was really looking forward to have been scrapped without bis letting me know. Not good practice. Hate it when devs drop features before release without letting customers know. Wonder what else I was looking forward to that isn't in. If it wasn't fully implemented why say it will be in? Bahhh.

Actually, I never heard or read something about a multiplayer campaign.

I think they promised us that we can play the whole Armed Assault campaign in Coop tho.

Yes, as I remember, it was to be 'unlocked' as you finished the missions and made MP-able.

That's what you guys mean by "multiplayer campaign", right?  Same thing as "Co-op campaign", right?

If it's really true, I must say I'm deeply disturbed by the omission of the Co-op Campaign.  The was the single feature I most looked forward to. confused_o.gif

Why advertise a feature that won't be included after all?  So many games say this very thing... there will be Co-op Campaign, and then upon release... no co-op campaign after all.  crazy_o.gif

Sure hope we see it in an official patch.

EDIT:

Scrub's post above slipped by while I typed mine up.  If the Co-op Campaign is really there after all, I'll gladly remove my foot from my mouth. tounge2.gif

AMD Athlon64 3500+, 1GB RAM, 250GB, DVD±RW, GF7600 GT 256MB

This is the new computer im about to buy and i ask you or anyone that can answer my question.

Can i play AA in High graphics without a problem or do i need an even better computer?

THanks wink_o.gif

What's this all about? Who gives a rat's fat arse about if there's a co-op campaign in or not? Everyone knows that it's the community that's responsible for the high-quality missions, especially in MP. It's not like it's addons which needs to be downloaded and installed seperately. When was the last time you lads ever played a BIS mission in OFP MP for any other reason than to kill time?

You wont be able to play on high ... Sorry,

So what section does need improvement?

Is that the graphics card? or maybe the CPU?