Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Quote[/b] ]ZNorQ - I do owe you an apology. I wasn't acting my age in my earlier reponse to you.

Hey, mate, there is no need for an apology. All I want back - call me what you want - is that you back it up. I see you are a man of more knowledge than me around this topic, and I did appreciate your feedback. Isn't this what this forum is all about? So, no hard feelings, mate..

Anyway, thanks for the very much constructive feedback.

EA/Dice is just gonna stand back in AW at BIS an Armed Assult wishing they had the technology an means to make an awsome game like this.

Well 505 Game Street is the publishing business area of Digital Bros. Company (Italian). As u can see here Digital Bros.

Their web page is updated as @ september 2005 ... and its says all.

LOK

Quote[/b] ]As this is the "Confirmed release dates and countries." thread the continued argument debate about who is right or wrong or whatever is quite irrelevant and detracts from the issue at hand.

Sorry Placebo, not my intentions to deviate offtopic, all my respects go to you, Sir, but I felt it necessary to argue against many of those just plain silly statements that where made against me.

EA/Dice is just gonna stand back in AWE at BIS an Armed Assult wishing they had the technology an means to make an awsome game like this.

not really, lets face it. EA are going to be laughing counting their money from the stack of games they released to little kids in the time Armed Assault was developed, all of which have a playable life span equal to your average may fly.

I respect BIS for caring about its product. It does comes with drawbacks like having a hard time releasing into a market dominated by companies like EA that build fast, sell, cut the losses, and move on, but thats the way it is.

why build a product that people want to keep when you can sell them a new one ? -- it's sad, but thats the way games are going, and im glad BIS hasn't slipped down that road yet.

Anyone worked out enough with Q1/2007 already?

-

How long have you been in this gaming 'business' ?

Apparently not long enough;..to right now, with ease of mind,

settle for

Q2/2007

Outrageous? Wait and see.

Until then, theres sooo many things to do. Excuse me.. wink_o.gif

Since there still is no publisher for the US not to mention more than half of the planet, I think a definitive answer on the online distribution system is important to many. It could be another 6-12 months before a boxed version is available in the US and other countries. (In some countries a boxed version may NEVER be available.) If the game is shipping in multiple markets in less than a month I would think the online system would become a priority. If the online system was just a guess or wishful thinking on our part that would be one thing, but this has been confirmed by BIS so we know it is going to happen. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later given the current publisher situation and lack of same for many, many parts of the world.

Since there still is no publisher for the US not to mention more than half of the planet, I think a definitive answer on the online distribution system is important to many. It could be another 6-12 months before a boxed version is available in the US and other countries. (In some countries a boxed version may NEVER be available.) If the game is shipping in multiple markets in less than a month I would think the online system would become a priority. If the online system was just a guess or wishful thinking on our part that would be one thing, but this has been confirmed by BIS so we know it is going to happen. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later given the current publisher situation and lack of same for many, many parts of the world.

forgive me if im wrong, but I wasn't aware that PC gaming was popular in mongolia?

just jesting tounge2.gif - has anyone got a list of where codemasters published OFP? At the moment all i see missing from the same list as ofp is the US (which i assume would include canada), china and Japan (perhaps?)

Didnt any of these guys see what PLACEBO just wrote a page back.. mad_o.gif

Anyways regarding release dates i think at this upcoming press release we will get proper information about release dates and demo and what not. smile_o.gif

Didnt any of these guys see what PLACEBO just wrote a page back.. mad_o.gif

Anyways regarding release dates i think at this upcoming press release we will get proper information about release dates and demo and what not. smile_o.gif

i thought this press release was yesterday ?

I'm quite disappointed, like many of you I'm an OFP obsessive and was expecting to get my beloved ArmA for November like the rest (UK). Still I do have some German friends and unless there's an online method of getting it then I'll have to go via him instead. Shame.. damn shame.

Fingers crossed the German version also includes the English language and or voice overs.

Fingers crossed the German version also includes the English language and or voice overs.

Go to the ArmA Progress Update topic, and in the 331 page seek SGT. Hurley post dated Oct. 12 2006,13:07.

In short term: no, the localized versions wont have English language options. If this is true, we can make an easy statement: if you cant understand Czech, Polish, German or Russian language, you cant play the game (legally) until 2007 Q1, when the international version release come out.

Or you make a prayer, and wait until someone solve this "little" problem, and hack the game...

In original OFP and Resistance expansion you could swap localised stringtable.csv with one from english CWC or Resistance demo, which gave you someting close to original english OFP (it was somewhat playable). Well, at least it worked with russian localization. Something similar might be a solution to impatient folks around here, though it won't work if BIS changed the way language files are managed in ArmA.

if you cant understand Czech, Polish, German or Russian laguage, you cant play the game (legally) until 2007 Q1, when the international version release come out.

or just download it.

(assuming that idea dosn't vapourise)

The lack of English in those versions will be a good reason and a good way to learn another language. Think I'd quite like to learn Russian, but German or Czech might be easier to buy from the UK.

EA/Dice is just gonna stand back in AWE at BIS an Armed Assult wishing they had the technology an means to make an awsome game like this.

not really, lets face it. EA are going to be laughing counting their money from the stack of games they released to little kids in the time Armed Assault was developed, all of which have a playable life span equal to your average may fly.

I respect BIS for caring about its product. It does comes with drawbacks like having a hard time releasing into a market dominated by companies like EA that build fast, sell, cut the losses, and move on, but thats the way it is.

why build a product that people want to keep when you can sell them a new one ? -- it's sad, but thats the way games are going, and im glad BIS hasn't slipped down that road yet.

There's always a niche market, and if only a few developers cater for that market, they more or less have that entire niche audience to themselves. Better the whole pie of a smaller market, than a very thin slice of a larger market right? Plus there's a pride thing there, for BIS at least. Pride doesn't figure much in EA's philosophy, only sales wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In short term: no, the localized versions wont have English language options. If this is true, we can make an easy statement: if you cant understand Czech, Polish, German or Russian language, you cant play the game (legally) until 2007 Q1, when the international version release come out.

The local-distributors distributing only for the people in their language area is a logical decision, and you can't blame them. The local distributors are worried that a local distributor from an other country will sell games to consumers in their language area. This was probably an important part of the contract they signed with BIS, to protect their exclusive distributing rights in their language area.

Come to think of it, this might also explain why we have to wait to q1-2007 for a European wide version. The local distributors want to make sure that they will have the first chance of selling ArmA to eager OFP fans. The 505 publisher will then follow in the other countries with a multi-language version.

The lack of English in those versions will be a good reason and a good way to learn another language. Think I'd quite like to learn Russian, but German or Czech might be easier to buy from the UK.

You really dont need to learn a whole language though. "Only" the part that's in the game. Will be challenging, but I guess it might be a few of us going for it, so we can help eachother out smile_o.gif

Hehe.  Da, Russkie yst harasho, und Deustch ist gut.

Damn, don't speak a word of Czech though.  biggrin_o.gif

@ ZNorQ - Hey buddy, yeah, forget what happened here.  Maybe me and you will kill some North Sahranis together someday mate...  wink_o.gif

i just say the heck with this game.... im getting battlefield 2... ive always been a battlefield fan anyways... nener.gifpistols.gif

i just say the heck with this game.... im getting battlefield 2... ive always been a battlefield fan anyways...  nener.gif   pistols.gif

although i will get this if it ever comes to the U.S....... confused_o.gif

hmmmm battlefield2 and armed assult, chalk and cheese I think

what do u meen?

i just say the heck with this game.... im getting Bubble Bobble... ive always been a Bubble Bobble fan anyways...

Sorry