Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

i just say lets wait for this game... i keep playing flashpoint... im always been a flashpoint fan anyways

The local-distributors distributing only for the people in their language area is a logical decision, and you can't blame them. The local distributors are worried that a local distributor from an other country will sell games to consumers in their language area. This was probably an important part of the contract they signed with BIS, to protect their exclusive distributing rights in their language area.

Come to think of it, this might also explain why we have to wait to q1-2007 for a European wide version. The local distributors want to make sure that they will have the first chance of selling ArmA to eager OFP fans. The 505 publisher will then follow in the other countries with a multi-language version.

Nice, and if we see from buisness viewpoint, correct.

But, if i see as an eager OFP / ArmA fan, i feel betrayed.

I wont say a word when the BIS slide the pressumed ArmA release date time after time. I wont say a word, when the localized release dates are come out. I dont care about anything, i can sustain release over STEAM, i can live with the most hardcore copy-protection are exits. I want the game badly, and wait patient. Until now. I plan to get to my car, and travel even several hundred kilometer, if needed, to buy my ArmA. But this 'no for english' localization means this plan has sinked.

So, i have two choice:

-Try to force a smile for my face, and wait months more, just because of this. Not because the game is not ready, just because the english version are behind time, thanks for the publisher, and thanks for BIS (i know the apology, but i can't accept it). If someone speak german, czech, polish or russian, they can play the game earlier. I just unlucky...

-I wait for a hacked / cracked version, and forget the problems with legal issues...

Thats what i deserve it? huh.gif

PS.: Sorry Placebo, i know this is not really on-topic...

Quote[/b] ]@ ZNorQ - Hey buddy, yeah, forget what happened here.

What happend was some opinions thrown back and fourth, kinda made my day @work pretty interesting! No harm done! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Maybe me and you will kill some North Sahranis together someday mate...

Hehe, count me in, buddy!

Better the whole pie of a smaller market, than a very thin slice of a larger market right?

OT:

Actually, i thought the phrase was "better to have a little bit of something, than a whole lotta nothing".

Screw 505....atleast for two months. Im gonna grab myself a czech version smile_o.gif.

Screw 505....atleast for two months. Im gonna grab myself a czech version smile_o.gif.

Plz tell me how, cuz I'm gonna do the same.

I really liked those walking patrols in the video. So used to the allways-running style of all the other fps games.

Look at how EA is selling battledfield 2142 online..

EA.com

More money for them i guess so when the game is released they have a lot of people who have already payed and got the game on there HD..

Ok Guys i need some help here. I am of to purchase the Czech version of AA. I have found a Czech store that sells it but the web page is in Czech. I have tried using google tool bar to try to translate it but it doesnt do anything. Does anyone know of any website that will translate it. Also i was wondering will i have to pay using Euros or will i be able to pay using english pound. The website i see it on is www.jrc.cz i would really appreciate some help with this. I was of to phone them but im not sure if they will speak English.

Thanks

[opinion] The diferent release dates will hurt the sales figures alot and i dont like it one bit. The xmas sales are important but not so much for a game like arma since the game will be: a) for the PC and b) mature... the main audience that is interested in this product will buy it regardless of it coming out this year or the next, Arma is not the game little billy asked santa for, little billy wants laser beams and plasma guns *cough*..

I dont expect a huge sales boom ala BF2 and other garbage shooters, i believe arma will sell and grow at a steady, progressive pace, with time and after some reviews (i wont start the "only game left in this genre" talk now) wink_o.gif ...

Like many of you i've been here patiently waiting for it for years, the best thing to do (imo) would be to delay all the small releases if possible in favor of a simultanious major release (a main release would have much more impact with the media), the very exausted Bohemia boys could take a couple weeks vacation to charge bateries (not you Placebo) and then polish it up some more. A bigger and better release, a perhaps even better game, everyones happy smile_o.gif .

[/opinion]

Ok Guys i need some help here. I am of to purchase the Czech version of AA. I have found a Czech store that sells it but the web page is in Czech.  I have tried using google tool bar to try to translate it but it doesnt do anything. Does anyone know of any website that will translate it. Also i was wondering will i have to pay using Euros or will i be able to pay using english pound. The website i see it on is www.jrc.cz i would really appreciate some help with this. I was of to phone them but im not sure if they will speak English.

Thanks

if you can figure out the language and order it online then just order it with visa, your credit card company will make the payment and the exchange rate you got at the time of purchase will come up on your next statement

I feel for u all guys... played ofp for 4 years straight.. the game is still S*&T hot.. TBH the best game I have still ever played. BF2 and other games don't even come into the same genre.. this is a tactial simulation game.. in short u have to think about wtf your doing, (bunny hopping will do nothing more than put a cap in your ass) I've been waitting years for this game so another 4 months down the road, i don't like but I can deal with.. as for loss of sales on not having a globe release.. doubt it, the track record bis have. The games gonna sell like hot cakes full of weed!

Dudester - of course they want to keep the community happy, but thats not the only factor they have to consider... at the end of the day they're a company, a company that needs to make money to stay afloat... what may seem the easiest and quickest method, may not be the most profitable.

codemasters was a quick and easy publisher for OFP... but imagine if codemasters had actually bothered with decent marketing etc... perhaps OFP would be twice the success it is today... You cant blame (although i suspect you'll find a way/reason) BIS for playing their cards safely given the way codemasters handles ofp, and that being a small company, with only the one project at a time (or so), that a disaterous release would screw them.

It seems fair that they ensure that they make their profits and that they dont get screwed in the process... after all I'm happy to wait till Q1 2007 (which by the way includes January 1st as well as March 31st) if it means BIS carrys on its hard work and reaps the rewards for it. At the end of the day i'll have armed assault on my pc one way or another.

[edit]

ofpforum added a very good point that i missed as well, that a quick pushed out release ala BF2/EA means a buggy flawed game... a slower, considered and generally planned release means a better final product... or generally speaking.

You know, its really funny this. I seem to be having a case of deja vu. Wasnt it last September that we were all in exactly the same boat? Wasnt BIS telling everyone that OFP2 would be coming out by Q3 2005 and basically ignored all the posts asking for a more specific answer.

Hell, I even got banned for a few days because I stated the case for everyone here who didnt want to ask the questions for fear of being banned.

This situation is crazy. How long does BIS seriously think that its community will be happy to be strung along with 'its coming soon' or 'were just putting the finishing touches to it'. I heard all these excuses over a year ago and the game still isnt out.

You say that BIS should not be held responsible for the release of the game. Well, considering that they were dropped by Codemasters (who incidently I thought did a pretty good job of getting OFP into the shops and to the top of the charts at the time) they have nobody to blame but themselves. Why do you think Codemasters drop game companies? The answer is because those game companies cannot deliver.

Theres not many PC games that wait over 5 years for a sequel. Usually by then the community that played the game has moved onto bigger and better things.

I am seriously starting to have my doubts about AA now. I mean lets be honest, if it was a really good game then publishers would be falling over themselves to sell it. So why is a 2nd rate PS2 publisher doing the distribution for Europe?

Your all saying you dont mind waiting another few months - well, I heard the same stories this time last year.

And I'll guarantee you all this - within a couple of months you'll all be complaining about the cheats in the game and 'when is the patch coming out?'. It will be the same old story which ruined the original OFP.

Many of you will know me as Marshal Law, the guy who started the TNT League. So, your reading the thoughts of one of the guys who backed this game and gave the community somewhere to battle for over 3 years. The way that OFP has been handled is a joke. There were never any steps to stop the cheating and there never will be. That is why I play on the XBox 360 now because Im sick of the people who think that using god mode is fun. People say that OFP is realistic - really? What like invisible walls or crappy bullet physics.

So I'll go off and play Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 and save myself the bother. Ive given up on this game because I could be playing other games where the release date and distribution is set in concrete. At least on the XBox 360 I know that there wont be any cheaters either.

Its time to wake up and smell the coffee methinks crazy_o.gif

Perhaps they should change the name to Armed Insult?

some wise developer once said "It's done when it's done!" ...

if You dislike to wait You can always buy some other product and whine on theirs forum rofl.gif

I've got go with Marshal on this one. I think the real problem here is communication. We are all waiting for any solid news to sink our teeth into but what we get are tenative release dates which we've had before. I f we at least heard "ironing out a few major/minor bugs" etc..., I think we would all understand and be patient.

A little would go a long way... whistle.gif

That is why I play on the XBox 360 now because Im sick of the people who think that using god mode is fun.

Did you play Elite?

Quality stuff that is. It is a plug&play 'better' OFP which runs out-of-the-box, were everybody is equal and no cheating.

Although your post is rather negative, imho you have some valid points regarding consoles (but console titles or even the consoles themselves have their delays as well;)

This is doing my head in now. here i am willing to pay for the Czech version of the game, but how the hell do i order it when www.jrc.cz webpage is all in Czech. Even when i manage to translate it to english, the registration doesnt mention Country it just asks street name and town. Can some brain box please work out how to get this game ordered from the Czech Republic and post the info here. Its ok eveyone saying well im getting a Czech version. Can you please explain here how you have or are going to do this.

Honestly, I don't mind waiting another 5 years if that's what BIS needs to make another spectacular game. I'm mostly playing games that are 5 or more years old now, only because current games have nothing to offer except decent graphics. No depth, no immersion, no fresh ideas. I've seen enough franchises going down because of poorly executed/rushed sequels, i'm only hoping it's not the case this time. BIS seems to be one of the few studios that still enjoy making quality games, I hope ArmA will prove that when it's released, even if it's Q1 2007 biggrin_o.gif

@ Marshal

I'd rather BIS sign with publishers in which they have a voice.

Look at Red Storm Entertainment who made Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear which they also published themselves. These two games are arguably the best of the series and RSE answered to know one.

They signed to UBI and the Rainbow "franchise" has become more and more mainstreamed and ended up with 'Lockdown'.

BIS' after sale support was pretty good with patches and communication on the forums.

As for OFP's multiplayer, by BIS' own admission MP wasn't implemented as well as it could have been. For ArmA it has been incorporated at the beginning and I'm sure they've learnt important lessons from their Xbox experience.

I don't play MP but if people want to cheat or disrupt a game they will always find a way regardless, even if it's as simple as disconnecting.

As for release dates, so what? Yes it pisses people off when companies give a date (damned if they do, damned if they don't) and it slips and slips again. It was true 20 years ago, it's true today and it'll be the same 50 years from now. The only release date I believe is when I'm clicking on START in the ingame menu.

This is doing my head in now. here i am willing to pay for the Czech version of the game, but how the hell do i order it when www.jrc.cz webpage is all in Czech. Even when i manage to translate it to english, the registration doesnt mention Country it just asks street name and town. Can some brain box please work out how to get this game ordered from the Czech Republic and post the info here. Its ok eveyone saying well im getting a Czech version. Can you please explain here how you have or are going to do this.

Well i had to because alot of people are saying there of to get the Czech Version, but wont or dont say how they intend to do this.

Well i had to because alot of people are saying there of to get the Czech Version, but wont or dont say how they intend to do this.

And you think when you start spamming the topic, someone turning into a glowing angel, and enlight you? xmas_o.gif

Well if the czech game-stores dont ship abroad, I guess we're left with e-bay or something.

rofl.gif

dudester, there may be a clause with the local publishers for CZ and Germany forbidding them to export to countries that 505 are publishing to, to prevent them making money off 505's delay and causing alot of fallout - this is probaly half the reason why the local versions only come in their respective language.

you may be stuck for ordering it online from CZ - Perhaps speak to one of the czech/german members here and see if they'll buy you a copy and send it you...

but this is hardly the thread to be talking about it.... if at all.

[edit]

bunkers also has a good point, you may be lucky on Ebay too