Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

@Xanthus

The problem with the "I'll wait five more years" argument is that the game would essentially be dead to the public by then. Sure a few stragglers from these forums would suck up a copy or two but you've got to strike the iron while it's still hot. Can you imagine the level of graphics and physics engine available in 5 years? Who would produce ArmA in the face of that competition?

Quote[/b] ]Nice, and if we see from buisness viewpoint, correct.

But, if i see as an eager OFP / ArmA fan, i feel betrayed.

I wont say a word when the BIS slide the pressumed ArmA release date time after time. I wont say a word, when the localized release dates are come out. I dont care about anything, i can sustain release over STEAM, i can live with the most hardcore copy-protection are exits. I want the game badly, and wait patient. Until now. I plan to get to my car, and travel even several hundred kilometer, if needed, to buy my ArmA. But this 'no for english' localization means this plan has sinked.

So, i have two choice:

-Try to force a smile for my face, and wait months more, just because of this. Not because the game is not ready, just because the english version are behind time, thanks for the publisher, and thanks for BIS (i know the apology, but i can't accept it). If someone speak german, czech, polish or russian, they can play the game earlier. I just unlucky...

-I wait for a hacked / cracked version, and forget the problems with legal issues...

Thats what i deserve it? huh.gif

I know sad_o.gif I feel the same. I mainly put the blame on BIS' horrid marketing a few months back and was expecting to see publishing problems. But let's not play the blame game, I'm not angry with them, just dissapointed. I am absolutely convinced that the guys at BIS are fully dedicated to ArmA, they just had to invest more in marketing their game.

I don't know whether we will get an English online download option b4 505 releases the game in Europe but I think chances are slim since it would hurt 505's sales. I'm no techie but if there would be some way that the program could detect whether the game is played inside or outside a European country a worldwide online download option for outside Europe could become available. Does anyone know if that is technically possible?

what the point in online download after they have released the disc. I think not only would it make people happy to see an online download next month. But i dont belive it would hurt sales, as i for one would buy the disc when it arrived here aswell. Oh and ill ask the question, is anyone from the Czech or Germany that would want to do an English Lad a favour for a small fee. Like message me if you can send me a copy of the game.

I read about 28 pages and had to give up. Life is too short; so, I am jumping to the current end and asking for a favor from any of my OFP brothers who actually read the entire thread. Are any of the current versions scheduled for release in November 2006 going to have English language support. (Not "real English", American English ya'll! LOL ) I'll sort out how to get a copy. I have friends who travel "across the pond" a lot. They can pick up a copy for me. I can also download it if availabe or order it from amazon or where ever.

@BIS: Stick to your guns and don't take any crap from Publishers, whinners, anybody. You rule. OFP is without peers, nothing else even comes close. Thanks again for all you do.

How do you guys expect 505 games to put this game on the shelf in the next 6 weeks if they only signed for it a week ago and are releasing 4-5 more console titles till the end of the year?

The other Publisher signed ages ago and got a good head start compared to 505.

whats a peer? anyways i trust bis. I'll buy the game when i got money even if my comp wont handle it too good. biggrin_o.gif

Has anybody heard a date, the other releases have actual dates, we just got Q1 2007, that could be any time before april.

Has anybody heard a date, the other releases have actual dates, we just got Q1 2007, that could be any time before april.

Exactly.

We are still waiting for more official confirmations. Stand By.

Nobody knows,probably not even BIS or their publishers. Ah well..I don't mind waiting,afterall,its not like a good quality game can be made quickly,it takes time. I'm sure the developers have had to go through alot of patience too. But hey,in the demo's the soldiers were speaking english and so were the subtitles and those are in the Czech area right?

I just dont know why they dont make it avalible to download Online soon. Its not of to hurt the sales, because if people really want it then there just of to get the Czech release or German like me. Also is there any sign of a demo insight. Its become a bit boring to keep looking at pics of the game.

I`m pretty sure that the voices will not be translated "with voiceover". If it`s possible to switch from german to english, menu mission briefings, editor, etc. , it would give the possibility for people from outside germany to order the german Armed Assault version.

It would be an advantage for morphicon too, they could sell more copys.

I really doubt that the german version get optional english texting. Then the czech would have it as well. An english version distributed online seem more and more like the only slim hope for the core of gamers to have a copy next month. But I gotta say, I'm getting pessimistic here huh.gif I wont be angry. Just depressed. sad_o.gif

I really doubt that the german version get optional english texting. Then the czech would have it as well. An english version distributed online seem more and more like the only slim hope for the core of gamers to have a copy next month. But I gotta say, I'm getting pessimistic here huh.gif I wont be angry. Just depressed. sad_o.gif

Morphicon already said they'd only realease it with german texts. I'm quite angry about that! I played OFP in english, and I really hoped I could do that with ArmA again, without having to wait till next year! Despite German being my mother tongue, there's several good reasons not to play the localized version:

1st: The english text doesn't distract as much from the english voices as the localized subtitles would (you only have to concentrate on one language). This goes for singleplayer games as much as for multiplayer where the usual language in voice chat as well as ingame messages is also english only.

2nd: When playing OFP multiplayer we had the little problem that all players got to see your radio messages in the language you had set the game to (which was nice in so far as you could modify the messages they would get to see) - so with only a german stringtable.cvs my radio messages would not be clear to non-german players. I guess it's the same with ArmA - and the main reason for me why I had set my OFP to English all the time.

3rd: Remember the propblems polish and czech users had when a new patch came out? They allways had to wait as the 'international' version's patch didn't fit their localized versions. We don't know wether this will be true with ArmA, too - but I'd hate that, especially if I would be blocked from playing on an (already updated) mp server by this.

To say it short: localized versions without the opportunity to set language to the common standard suck!

I don't care, I speak German and English, so i'm getting my hands on everything that comes first smile_o.gif

This is the perfect moment for a hero (Placebo?) to announce that Armed Assault will be available for download in english from november 10th *hint hint* help.gif

..if that happens I'll use my first dancing bananas!

This is the perfect moment for a hero (Placebo?) to announce that Armed Assault will be available for download in english from november 10th *hint hint* help.gif

..if that happens I'll use my first dancing bananas!

I think it would only be fair for them to release the online download next month. Whats the point in having this option after the disc is released in the stores. Whats so annoying is that BIS could do this if they wanted to, lets face it the game is finished hence the Czech and German release....ect.  By choosing not to make it available online, it is only of to make players buy the German or Czech release. I mean to be honest i used to switch the radio messages off in ofp multiplayer because it got on my nerves and if the voice is in english who needs to read the text. Oh and also its easy to be online and get a free Czech translator. Well ill have to wait till next month and see, either way i will be playing Armed assault. Hopefully it will be in english through a online download. If its in Czech or German then ill just have to grit my teeth knowing that BIS could of used the download option anytime they wanted to.

lets face it the game is finished hence the Czech and German release....ect.  

That's what makes it crazy_o.gif kinda twisting the knife in the wound.

im also assuming downloading will be from 10/11/06. Been forced to ride all my hopes on that.

I think what would actually smooth things over would be to just release the demo. We know it exists, but some bean counter thought it pertinent to only release to the press first.

The demo is out there so why not patch things with the community and release it to them as well. A friend of mine keeps saying you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar (he needs to get out more). But in essence he's right, BI would atrract more people to its product by getting the demo out that by sitting and waiting on the results on the czech release. Its not rocket science...