Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

May be we should post a new type of the above avatar.

"Next person to whine about Arma release dates will be..."  wink_o.gif

my idea:

"....banned from playing OFP and Arma forever."

According to this spurious, unofficial, presumablely inaccurate, and utterly ignorable bit of information, it appears that the following chronology may be of relevance here :

* September 2000 : International publishing agreement for select markets signed between BIS and Codemasters for OFP publishing.

* March 2001 : OFP Demo actually released.

* June 2001 : OFP released in select markets.

* September 2001 : OFP 1.20 released worldwide, initial US release.

* November 2001 : OFP Gold edition released, for those of you RHC haters, bear in mind there was also post 1.20 patches rolled in to the master as well.

Just little useless and irrelevant details, to those who can't seem to grasp silly notions called cold, hard, reality.

i noticed 505 Game Street got distribution network also in Australia ... hint ? smile_o.gif

and why some said they "small"? ... seems like they got quite big number of console games done ...

Nobody can really blame 505, i guess its probably a really big risk for them as i've never heard of them or any of there games, the point is they have been the only ones who have signed for europe, so why do people complain about a release date of Q1 2007? is 505 hadnt have signed on then we could have been waiting that long just to get another publisher.

I can asure you that i do have a life. But i just dont believe anything BIS says anymore. I have looked at there website over the past year and a half now and have seen release dates that have come and gone for over a year now.

I have emailed them to shown intrest in the game and have been given release dates as early as Feb 2006. Now, why email me and say this date, when it was clear that the game was nowhere near finished then. So here i am moaning because i dont know what to belive from them anymore. False release dates for a whole year is whats got me  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif I wont be Emailing them anymore and anything i see on this site ill take with a pinch of salt. That way they cant disappoint me anymore.

Haha. They warned all of us, man. Placebo said that the final confirmed release date would be the day you see it on the shelves.

Nobody took the tentative release dates very seriously. And... HEY, you only joined the forums in July 2006! Some of these guys have been loitering around these forums, waiting for the next game, for years! Why are you the one complaining?

So be thankful. The wait could've been worse. Isn't that right Bravo 6, Ti0n3r, Heatseeker, Collossus, ofpforum, etc.?

For italian people multiplayer.it says that the publisher is halifax

http://www.halifax.it/

Halifax is connected to 505 gamestreet. welcome.gif

I have also a DATE!!!!!!

01/02/2007

http://shopping.multiplayer.it/catalog...._id=823

problem is if you look better ...they re speaking about OFP2

never trust .....multy*****.it

they are pretty confused rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ](ZNorQ @ Oct. 11 2006,23:43)

PS! Be my guest and ban me - if BIS can't listen to critisizm, that is just too bad - for BIS!

That's some amazingly constructive and well thought out "critisizm" you've got there, chief

Grow up.

Thank you for your constructive comment. That really helped.

If you had something "grown up" to say, you'd argue constructivly against my arguments, and refrain from such stupid remarks. Instead, tell me why you disagree, AND why you think my comments are so childish.

Please, enlighten me!

Quote[/b] ]

Quote, GBee;

You sir, are a moron.

Ok, so I'm a moron. Hope that helps you feel better, mate.

How about telling me why you think I'm a moron?

My point is that I've been waiting for this game for so long, and now that its in its finalizing stage, the rest of Europe have to wait for so much longer than these other countries.  I wouldnt mind if we where talking about a few weeks, but this is months!

It's just a dang shame, thats all.

Quote[/b] ]

Bloody hell man, give 505 a chance.  This is their FIRST PC game, and they might actually do really well with it.

I'd say they already blew it with this date.

Quote[/b] ]

And as for banning you, well, BYE.  Just make sure the door doesn't hit you on the way out...

Hehe, funny.

please flame each other in PM or something, alot of people need this thread open to actually discuss the topic at hand.

anyhow, yeah it's a shame about 505, but im sure it will be ok and you can always download the game in europe. I'm just glad as many people as possible will be exposed to Armed assault one way or the other. The PR up to now has been appauling, so its up to us to use those 3-4 months to convince as many people as possible to get the game when they can.

i dont think it really matters. People on this forum are pissed as they've waited ages for the game and now have to wait 3-4 more for the manual, but the average gamer hasnt ever heard of Armed Assault, so they only have the extra 3 months to wait, which isnt too bad really.

Quote[/b] ]you can always download the game in europe

If this is true, and the DL version is in English, I'm a happy camper, and I couldn't care less about the 505 version.

Quote[/b] ]wait 3-4 more for the manual

Well, the manual isn't that important to me, as long as it is in a readable format on the CD. My bet is that - as for so many other game manuals i've had (OFP one of them) - they will never be opened.

Some final words about my opinion of BIS'es behaviour since the offical confirmation about ArmA; I've NEVER expected BIS to promise us anything about ArmA, but it seems to me that they've given us more than plenty. I can't remember that any of BIS'es actions have given anyone the right to complain - but still there have been many unjust complaints.

But this release thing - i know i know - its up to the distributior - this just ticks me off, and I know its easy to blow a few fuses and blaiming the wrong people when one is ignorant. But still, I don't believe for one fact that BIS is powerless. Not at all. Case closed.

And for those who thinks I'm a moron, not grown up etc. etc., I just don't care. You're entitled to your opinions, and I'll be more than glad to hear WHY you think so. Just stating it without any arguments to back it up, thats just plain silly.

I for one don't think you are a moron becuase you hit on a very good point. BI developed the game, so realisticly the late releases are thier issue as well. Duckshoving the blame onto 505, sounds more and more like a cop out.

Quote[/b] ]Duckshoving the blame onto 505, sounds more and more like a cop out

My point exactly.

Now, my intentions are not to piss people off, I'm just stating opinions here, please shoot back with whatever ammo you've got - I can take it.

And @BIS; You are my number one choice of game developers, and this is exactly why this thing dissapoint me so much.

Now, since 505 got the deal, I really hope they make the best of it, and push the date around beginning of January, rather than March 31st. I just had enough of those vauge Q's and H's when release dates have been stated.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: As Placebo asked so nicely I'll remove my reply to ZNorQ - but I will argue that it wasn't a flame, but rather an accurate observation.

Maybe Gux's argument "grow up" should apply here?

How about telling me why you think I'm a moron?

Well Placebo has asked that I play nicely, so I've got to be careful how I respond huh.gif

Firstly you accuse BIS of "choosing this lameass company 505". In case you hadn't noticed BIS have been looking for publishers for months. What gives you the impression that they deliberately chose 505 instead of bigger and better publishers??

You say 505 couldn't care less about PCs - then why would they agree to publish a PC game?

You complain that there will be a 2-3month delay between the release in a few selected countries and a europe-wide release. Well did you consider that the reason for that is because of the increased complexity involved? Sure it takes less time to market, localize, produce and distribute to a single country than it does to twenty! Don't forget the other publishers have a 1-2 month headstart over 505 as well. Do you really think 505 can do it much faster?

You mention the "continous delays" then go on to say BIS should just pick another publisher. Did you not realise that the delays were a direct result of BIS' inability to find publishers? Publishers are not queing at the door to sign up Arma, we've waited several months for them to finally find one willing to distribute the game.

You say 505 couldn't care less about PCs - then why would they agree to publish a PC game?

money.

Well spoken ZnorQ. Just leave them. On forums are always people posting with arguments or strong opinions and poeple who use this to have fun to stir up trouble well knowing what they doing and after that playing inocent. Just dont react to that it just reinforces this behavior because they get something out of it every time.  Has anybody read a book of psychology here to tell why some need this?

(and i would be personally VERY UPSET if the relase date 30 nov for some would be postponed)

All publishers are doing it for the money. 505 aren't publishing console games now because it makes them feel warm and fluffy inside!

Thank you for your constructive comment. That really helped.

If you had something "grown up" to say, you'd argue constructivly against my arguments, and refrain from such stupid remarks. Instead, tell me why you disagree, AND why you think my comments are so childish.

Please, enlighten me!

This is not an argument you can win, my friend. The fact that you are trolling for attention in a game forum doesn't reflect well on your supposed maturity. So allow me to reiterate: Grow up.

Quote[/b] ]Well Placebo has asked that I play nicely, so I've got to be careful how I respond

Hey, call me what ever you want to, just as long you back it up with counter arguments. And now you did. Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Firstly you accuse BIS of "choosing this lameass company 505". In case you hadn't noticed BIS have been looking for publishers for months. What gives you the impression that they deliberately chose 505 instead of bigger and better publishers??

Okay, I agree, calling them a lameass company (505, not BIS), is perhaps strong words, and I must agree that I don't know enough how this create-and-distribute game works, but still, you can't expect that everybody are as well-informed as you obviously are, and that they will just accept this as "edible".

What I'm wondering about is why in gods name does it take this long for BIS to actually get someone to respond to this amazing product? Does BIS perhaps need help in promoting this product to the distributors? Did BIS at some stage actually damage their relations with the whole distribution community after the Codemaster incident (whatever that story may be)?

Quote[/b] ]You say 505 couldn't care less about PCs - then why would they agree to publish a PC game?

This is information taken from 505's own website;

505 GameStreet focuses its activity primarily on new generation console games, offering a product portfolio of AAA games and supported by Simply 20 range, a pick up and play budget line. The Simply 20 range has a stricked criteria of PS2 games never released before, easy to play and addressed to everyone.

When you browse their web page, there is nothing in there - as far as I can see - that states this is a PC platform distributor. That is why I am wondering BIS'es choice of distributor.

Quote[/b] ]Do you really think 505 can do it much faster?

Hell no, not now, I agree. But then again I refer back to BIS'es way of handling the whole distribution thing in general. How did this happen?

Quote[/b] ]Publishers are not queing at the door to sign up Arma

Again, what the hell did BIS do to let this happen? Till now, I've had the understanding that the continious delays where primarily due to continous development, where as I wouldn't dare to complain - actually I would be glad to hear such as I would know they really cared about quality, not quantity.

mad_o.gif Here i go mad_o.gif

505 Games is moving into a new world of publishing ok, they are moving into the PC market with a game which will make wonders for them. I get why people are so racists against them. Yes they are no EA or a popualar well know publisher for that matter so give them a break, after they release armed assault they will become more known and if they go on to release game2 they might become even more popualar.. time will tell.. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINING SO BE PATIENT. Jesus H Christ stop wining how you are not going to buy it full price in 2007, then why dont you go get a german version and stop complining.. mad_o.gif

Face it, release is 2007 and if you cant handle that piss off somewhere else and cry and moan.. go get a life in the mean time theres a thousand things you can do then moan and bicth about a publishers whos proberly trying there best.

patients is a virtue - if your not patient in life may god help you!! help.gifband.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is not an argument you can win

Actually, I do think I can win this argument. Your counter argument is just redicolous! There is NOTHTING your feedback that states why I'm in need of growing up, other than "I'm trolling for attention". You got it all wrong mate! My only course of action was to give feedback to BIS that this is not a good situation for them - from my point of view. And my bet is that there are many out there that probably even agrees with me.

Now maybe I didn't articulate myself as adequate and carefully as I should have been, but I'm not one of those who read all the forum posts, and every nitty gritt bit of details that can be found - so if I'm in need of apologizing for being ignorant - well - here it is - I'm sorry.

Now you, Sir, are abviously just out there to try to start a flame. Good try.

As this is the "Confirmed release dates and countries." thread the continued <s>argument</s> debate about who is right or wrong or whatever is quite irrelevant and detracts from the issue at hand.

ZNorQ - I do owe you an apology. I wasn't acting my age in my earlier reponse to you.

No-one really knows exactly why BIS had so much trouble. They are many theories and the truth probably lies in a combination of them. The prominent ones are:

- That publishers are moving away from the PC to consoles and unlikely to take on the independant type games.

- Whether or not we agree, many publishers will see Arma as a competitor to BF 2/BF 2142 and EA is heavyweight opposition, making Arma a big gamble.

- BIS got burnt in their dealing with Codemasters. Many of the big publishers will only take games if they have full control over it. They will make changes in order to create the most saleable (mainstream) product they can. EA for example will only touch guarenteed 'blockbusters', then milk them for every penny with poor quality expansions at the expense of the community and developers original vision. BIS may have refused publishers because they couldn't retain artistic control.

@Matt Rochelle

Quote[/b] ]piss off somewhere else

Oh, scary.

Quote[/b] ]and cry and moan

Seems you're the one crying and moaning.

If this forum doesn't allow for opinions, what the hell is it good for?

I'll shut up now, since strong arguments like this is the best this forum has to offer. Seems there are alot of people out there that need to be more "grown up", not just I.

Thanks for the debate, its been interesting.