Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

A reply I got from Placebo regarding an annoucement on the 'Online Distrubtion' side of the game;

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

Other than the fact we plan to do it I have no further information about

it, what, when, when, how etc. etc. and I have no idea when any further

announcements will be made, all I can suggest is for you to email

jj@idea-games.com

Regards,

Paul.

I am in the process of emailing JJ Atm. Will post reply here. smile_o.gif

... snip ...

To say it short: localized versions without the opportunity to set language to the common standard suck!

I agree wholeheartedly - despite my native german tongue (Austrian), I've always played OFP set to english and was expecting ArmA to be the same, now my only hope rests on the download version (should it happen, that is).

- despite my native german tongue (Austrian),

In school I had to choose german or french as 3rd language. I chose French. I chose wrong. Now look at me  sad_o.gif

Merde.

Has anybody heard a date, the other releases have actual dates, we just got Q1 2007, that could be any time before april.

We have interview with 505 tomorrow witch will address this questions as well as some others.

... snip ...

To say it short: localized versions without the opportunity to set language to the common standard suck!

I agree wholeheartedly - despite my native german tongue (Austrian), I've always played OFP set to english and was expecting ArmA to be the same, now my only hope rests on the download version (should it happen, that is).

Austria est imperare orbi universo. yay.gif

I'm curious what the spoken language is like in the czech/german release. English, Czech, German? Text willl be localised, but what about the spoken thingies? Primarily the question for me is, if the czech version has spoken Czech?

Spoken language will be english on all versions. AFAIK.

If 505 is part of the online distribution solution then there is nothing to loose on releasing it november 10th. It's a simple concept of distribution and there should be a good reason if BIS and 505 cant work this out.

I'm curious what the spoken language is like in the czech/german release. English, Czech, German? Text willl be localised, but what about the spoken thingies? Primarily the question for me is, if the czech version has spoken Czech?

I've read somewhere around here (might have been even in this thread) that the czech version will have english spoken language - I guess I can live with that if it's the same for the german one, though I'd prefer an all english version.

Spoken Language is English and the Text is localised (German, Czech, Russian etc..)

Quote[/b] ]Spoken language will be english on all versions

What do you base this assumption on? I've heard so many times that we can expect localized versions.. sad_o.gif

If what you're saying is true, then I couldn't care less who distributes this game. If it will be available as a download when the game is released sometime in november, I'm a VERY happy camper.

Otherwise, I see no other alternative, than moving to Germany! (I would say the other country since they have an earlier release, but I don't know how to spell it! :P)

UPS! SGT Hurley posted before I could reply in time, so... There you go... sad_o.gif

The Czech Republic? A little easier since it's no longer part of the former Czechoslovakia smile_o.gif

I've read somewhere around here (might have been even in this thread) that the czech version will have english spoken language - I guess I can live with that if it's the same for the german one, though I'd prefer an all english version.

I hope I won't make a trip to Czechia and buy the game there by accident.

I'm still curious how it'll play out. We'll see.

Right, Czechia, thanks! I'm moving to Czechia! notworthy.gif I hope I'm  welcome.gif ..?  biggrin_o.gif

A reply I got from Placebo regarding an annoucement on the 'Online Distrubtion' side of the game;
Quote[/b] ]Hi,

Other than the fact we plan to do it I have no further information about

it, what, when, when, how etc. etc. and I have no idea when any further

announcements will be made, all I can suggest is for you to email

jj@idea-games.com

Regards,

Paul.

I am in the process of emailing JJ Atm. Will post reply here.  smile_o.gif

Although i expect your email to fall on deaf ears good luck anyhow. What i would like to know is whos decision does it fall to about the release of an online download. I say this because if they read these forums and want to keep the community happy, then surley they would offer some info on the Online download. They would see that it has made for alot of unhappy people, that the Czech version is out next month and yet the United Kingdom is looking at 1st Q 2007.

I better go and brush up on my Czech sad_o.gif:( I wish they could just say to us that we can pay our R400 (south african rand) and then click on the link and download the game.

Wishfull thinking i suppose.....

I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

Great, can't wait to hear the news. smile_o.gif

By the way, I didn't know the Pope was waiting for Armed Assault tounge2.gif

I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

....and people wonder why they asked for Q1 2007.

edit: i had a GREAT idea. -- ok it's christmas time soon right ? (can you see where this is going ?) well, maybe 505 could give a shipment to santa. I heard he can get round the entire planet in one frikking night. - Even does delivery house to house.

its fool proof !

The pope will pwn us all biggrin_o.gif

edit: i had a GREAT idea. -- ok it's christmas time soon right ? (can you see where this is going ?) well, maybe 505 could give a shipment to santa. I heard he can get round the entire planet in one frikking night. - Even does delivery house to house.

its fool proof !

rofl.gifxmas_o.gif

and yes, exactly, that list shows the extent of the work 505 have ahead of them, hence Q1 2007

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands,  Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland,  Ireland,  Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein,  Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

edit: i had a GREAT idea.  -- ok it's christmas time soon right ? (can you see where this is going ?) well, maybe 505 could give a shipment to santa. I heard he can get round the entire planet in one frikking night. - Even does delivery house to house.

its fool proof !

rofl.gif   xmas_o.gif

and yes, exactly, that list shows the extent of the work 505 have ahead of them, hence Q1 2007

... the vatican city?!  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

edit: with latin subtitles?

hence all the more reason for them to release the demo we know exists....

such a simple solution to keep the masses happy icon_rolleyes.gif

By the way, I didn't know the Pope was waiting for Armed Assault :p

The pope will pwn us all  :D

Yeah, the cheater, i'll bet he's using the 'god assisted' mode:)

I think the pope would play the german version tounge2.gif

But seeing that list it is quite clear, why 505 plans for Q1 2007 - all those countries need a localised version of the game text, thats some effort too...

And IMO they are just planning carefully, they don't exactly know when they'll be ready to publish ArmA in all those countries, so they rather told a later date than dissapointing the customers even more by telling an earlier date and having to delay it, cause they're not ready...

Yea whats up with that rofl.gif .