Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Guest Ti0n3r

Nah, FOV stands fro Field Of View.

btw, Does anyone know the name of the M4 firing sound? (in Sounds.PBO)

reporting issues is gd but excessivly aint gd give it time ppl 4 a patch 2 come. remember how many man hours did it take 4 ffur 2 do dis fricking long so b patient ppl.

the hell is crCTI  huh.gif

Capture the Island.

How can i change the FOV smile_o.gif i get shot through fog its no fun

I like the new FOV implementation.Gives a wider FOV in 3rd person view.

Yea I've tested the 2.0 version on several different cit's including the zscti which I've been testing all day today.

I found that there is a texture aspect ratio problem with one of the ressistance units. I wish I could specify but unfortunitly I don't know which unit it is. There is also a problem with the texture aspect ratio's on some of the air units. This is the cause for the dedicated server crashes. It's because some of the addons... not many, but some are not multiplayer compatible. Unless they are updated with a patch, these addons will not be used in multiplayer missions.

Also somthing else I experienced was dead body's shooting and moving around. I found this to be true in several different missions while playing both lan and on dedicated servers durring multiplayer games.

I'm sorry to hear that the health bar will be removed. Although I've had speculation as to the dead bodies moving around and shooting having somthing to do with that.

Good to see you guys are working hard to make this mod run good. FFUR Keep up the good work!

Oh yea as far as CTI goes.

This mod will not currently run with any CTI available atm.

I found crCTI to be the laggiest of all the CTI's while running FFUR2006v2.0, MFCTI comes in a close 2nd for lagg factor, and Zscti was the least laggiest, but unfortunatly it's still in the beta versions.

Until the texture aspect ratio is fixed and the MP config is released we will not know how this mod will do on the CTI field of battle.

I also like the new FOV. Easier to see, more immersive IMO.

the hell is crCTI huh.gif

Capture the Island.

The FOV in question has nothing to do with AI's visibility. It's the FOV you get in 3rd person view, therefore no effect on AI

I also like the new FOV. Easier to see, more immersive IMO.

Yes, but how do we get back to FFUR specs?

I liked the other one better...

crCTI running fine on lan here,tested 0.93/1.03 and DVD 1.51 maps stock Ofp islands and a few others(Freya,Goslar ++ etc)No lag or ctd in any.

the hell is crCTI huh.gif

Capture the Island.

The FOV in question has nothing to do with AI's visibility. It's the FOV you get in 3rd person view, therefore no effect on AI

The first person FOV has also been changed to a "fish eye camera lense" type view, it makes things a bit ....odd. Especialy when you rotate.

Hey thunderbird, I swear some of these issues are made up, Please don't release another patch in regards to values, but a patch for the real bugs and not because someone prefers this and that. Honestly, I still have to find a bug that will turn me off.

Thank you for the hard work TB. I don't get why people complain too much about something they get for free. Suggestions, fine. Using bugs or fake bugs to make a mockery of someones work, really evil.

ya the CTI's run fine on LAN. However they do not run at all on dedicated server.

I did find one of the addons with bad texture ratio: The ressistance BMP1.

Please answer my question someboady. Ware is the new music that it said it had?

Amazing update, I'm really impressed by it.

My only suggestion is to fix up the ACU boots a bit. Darken them slightly, give them a pinch of brown. Here's a pic of me wearing a week old pair of ACU boots.

adsfqa5.jpg

Brand spankin new, the boots are as bright as I've seen in FFUR, but after a week or two (about the time it takes to break them in), they darken up pretty quickly, especially in a woodland environment.

Just some constructive criticism smile_o.gif

I tried putting this on the Dragon Knights Server and I get this when we load mission.

Invalid Texture Aspect Ratio (512 x 32)

I seen others had errors that were about the same any body ever have any luck fixing it?

btw: we have a windows server if that helps.

Concerning the animations issues a few people experienced with 'extra' addons, are simply due to the fact that these 'extra addons' are derived from 'BIS' vehicle classes so they have the same  "driver, gunner and commander" animations, and we had to replace BIS animations values defined in the wanted 'vehicle' class by new ones that fit with the implemented vehicles, and actually the only way to figure out this issue is to get a look at   the class your 'Extra model' is derived from and to copy and paste the 'manact ...' lines coming from the 'vehicle class' your addon derives from to your 'Extra model' class.

I think I understand what's being said, however I don't know how to go about it.

Can anyone help me figure that one out? like what lines from what files need to be copied?

Not quite ready to say goodbye to Combat's HMMWV's just yet

Hi,

The incoming module that should be released within a few days would include a patch that would fix several of the issues reported in the previous pages.

* AI aiming capabilities and dispersion values.

* Error message that occurs online.

* Mission editor minor issue.

* Cancellation of the health bar.

Concerning the animations issues a few people experienced with 'extra' addons, are simply due to the fact that these 'extra addons' are derived from 'BIS' vehicle classes so they have the same  "driver, gunner and commander" animations, and we had to replace BIS animations values defined in the wanted 'vehicle' class by new ones that fit with the implemented vehicles, and actually the only way to figure out this issue is to get a look at   the class your 'Extra model' is derived from and to copy and paste the 'manact ...' lines coming from the 'vehicle class' your addon derives from to your 'Extra model' class.

Quote[/b] ]and if i'm not mistaken KA52 has 2 pilots

Check it out once again, it has 2 pilots in game, but the fact that you get 1 pilot with the missions that use the 'v-80' is simply due to the fact that the 'v-80' has 1 pilot by default, heh.

As already said, I unfortunately can't answer everyone these days due to real life priorities, please try yourself to get the answers to your questions by carrying out some research.

Thank you.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hey hey hey, what about the big grey box in muliplayer mode covering the briefing screen (its probably not just multiplayer).

That is a pretty major bug

Quote[/b] ]what about the big grey box in muliplayer mode covering the briefing screen (its probably not just multiplayer).

-> * Error message that occurs online.

Quote[/b] ]btw, Does anyone know the name of the M4 firing sound?

-> FFUR_Sound\Guns\m4.wss

Quote[/b] ]Caught these guys Flint-stoning in the back of my GAZ

Well seen, thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Brand spankin new, the boots are as bright as I've seen in FFUR, but after a week or two (about the time it takes to break them in), they darken up pretty quickly, especially in a woodland environment.

Indeed, this would be updated as well.

Quote[/b] ]Invalid Texture Aspect Ratio (512 x 32)

I'd try to find the addon that is causing this error in order to figure out this issue.

Quote[/b] ]How about reverting back to the old BIS FOV values?

Honestly, I prefer the current FOV values we've defined,because they provide a deep visual fied and they show 'your' arms, somehow like in real life, I don't understand why most of people dislike'em, but I will put back BIS default FOV values to satisfie everyone.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]The incoming module that should be released within a few days would include a patch that would fix several of the issues reported in the previous pages.

* AI aiming capabilities and dispersion values.

* Error message that occurs online.

* Mission editor minor issue.

* Cancellation of the health bar.

Good to hear you are fixing the most important issues. After that, I think you have earned some time off smile_o.gif

i like the fov.. smile_o.gif (it wasnt my problem as shash said)

Is there any easy way to edit the config to chnage Ai Shooting Range? with low view distance they shoot me through the mist from a mile away when i cant even see them sad_o.gif

This wouldn't be a problem anymore because the dispersion values and the aiming capabilities would be updated, it would be more realistic and more immersive because most of modern military doctrines push soldiers to engage the enemy from 'long' distances.

I just hope people wouldn't complain about the fact that they wouldn't get killed easily the next time, heh.

Regards

Thunderbird84