Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

spotted a bug with LSD, nor AI, nor player in driver position can control ship, no acceleration, no turns, just like simple not moving obejct...

spotted a bug with LSD, nor AI, nor player in driver position can control ship, no acceleration, no turns, just like simple not moving obejct...

Hasn't that always been the case?

Quote[/b] ]spotted a bug with LSD, nor AI, nor player in driver position can control ship, no acceleration, no turns, just like simple not moving obejct...

Yeah it was made to not move becuase the LST never did and it could break missions or something or other biggrin_o.gif

the original LST is slow as shit so why would u want to drive it anyways?

Great mod !

Just one problem for me : The mission editor "Wizard" doesn't seem to work. I can select the 1_6C... template, placing the units on the map, but then it's not possible to validate or cancel. I have to press ESC to exit.... sad_o.gif

Please help.gif

Just got some time to download this and i am very impressed by the amount of work from all the contributors to this FFUR mod.

OFP got a very nice new facelift

It feels very polished , and so far i have not met any bug.

Congratulations to all the contributors of this mod for their fantastic works, units, vehicles, sounds, weapons, textures and more icon14.gif

Yea i finally was able to play a coop mp game and i noticed a few things. AI were teleporting around occasionally(probably the mp lag) but another thing i noticed was sometimes one would shoot an ai and he would die, but he wasnt. He would look dead but would move around and shoot us.

Anyway to get the default iron sites back, the new sights make long range fighting tedious, the AK47 sights don't seem to hit shit

I noticed that dead AI will somtimes move around and shoot at you. I also noticed that somtimes if your bleeding out it will stop and you'll appear dead but you won't be able to die or move! It's a very rare occasion because it only happened to me once. However I hope that this issue with the dead coming back to haunt you is due to the life bar that TB has already stated will be removed.

Great concept.

I am trying to figure out wether you actually had permission to use like 75% of the stuff in this mod?

Great concept.

I am trying to figure out wether you actually had permission to use like 75% of the stuff in this mod?

Why?

He did..... IIRC he asked them all or at least gave them credit, so it's all ok.

Great concept.

This isn't some small "Ah excellent, now to take all these addons and just throw them together in an un-proffessional manner and pass them off as my own mod", mod.

TB has always asked for and got permission for the use of every 3rd party addon used, and he clearly states it and thanks their respective authors profusely.

Just check the readme and/or page 1 of the thread wink_o.gif

@ Aug. 05 2006,18:00)]He did..... IIRC he asked them all or at least gave them credit, so it's all ok.

Crediting someone or a team without asking is imho poor form.

Let me take WGL for example. A large mod.. that has been polite enough to ask each and every mod or addon maker for permission.

Guest RKSL-Rock
TB has always asked for and got permission for the use of every 3rd party addon used, and he clearly states it and thanks their respective authors profusely.

*cough* Not always the case. Check the original FFUR thread around page 95-100ish. I know at least 6 people that have found their work in FFUR "products" and the first they heard about it was on the release day.

There's also the chopping and changing of other peoples addons without consent. Just to cite one previous example. UKF's L96 in the Europack. My Optics from my own L96 pack suddenly appeared on the UKF rifle.

I know UKF weren’t consulted on the use of their addons in the original packs until the day of release, with a "credit" being given to them. But they did not give consent to have thier models and addons altered.

DKM were never consulted about the use or change of its models from what i understand either...

...now if FFUR & TB's policy has changed then all good and well. but i'm still in doubt like a quite a few others. Although its nice to see a list of the people the stuff actually comes from on the front page.

dabitup i don't see the difference. Might be different for others?!

okay, so maybe the pic doesnt show what I'm talking about. (when I uploaded it I thought it did but ohh well )

But MisterXY has got it right. (thanks) you can barely tell it in the pic but it is like that.

Is it possible to replace all of the Russian soldiers with an alternative enemy such as Iraq, Iran, Terrorist, etc.? If so please email me details because I would love to make some modern day mission scenarios for FFUR 2.0.

Thanks!!!

Is it possible to replace all of the Russian soldiers with an alternative enemy such as Iraq, Iran, Terrorist, etc.?  If so please email me details because I would love to make some modern day mission scenarios for FFUR 2.0.

Thanks!!!

Yes i have already done this using lobo afgan pack and the jjr rebels pack! I have also replaced the islands with their des equivelents from the ffur pack tounge2.gif Just search around for how to replace models in a config,once' you have managed it it will make you realise all the hard work that must go into making these type's of mods! Congratas T.B on the mod by the way inlove.gif