Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

i'm guessing, but i'd be willing to bet hell no, although you can do it on your own for you and your buddies

TB emailed me today and said it will be okay to release the modification...assuming I'll give credit to FFUR and others, and stress that this has nothing to do with BI or FFUR. I will upload the modification as soon as I get the ACU camo config.

Thanks.

can anybody answer my question?

Posted on Aug. 09 2006,02:11that's cool but is there anyway i can edit the config to get the ACU units now, i don't know that much about config editing or I wouldn't be asking.

Thunderbird said that ACU and MP configs will be released soon so if you can't wait for them learn how to do it yourself.

EDIT: I replaced the bus in FFUR check it out.

BEFORE AND AFTER

busoa2.th.jpg

newbusxt5.th.jpg

can anybody answer my question?

Posted on Aug. 09 2006,02:11that's cool but is there anyway i can edit the config to get the ACU units now, i don't know that much about config editing or I wouldn't be asking.

To answer your question. Simply open the config.cpp in the FFUR2006\BIN\Editable folder, Search for SoldierWB. Now search for ACUSoldierWB and simply replace the model lines of the SOLDIERWB with the Model lines of the ACUSOLDIERWB. Also be sure to copy the wounds just the same. Make a copy of the CONFIG.cpp and the CONFIG.bin before you do the above. Now simply do this

Quote[/b] ]

1.) Download the CPP to BIN program

2.) Open config which to just edited, using the above program

3.) Convert CPP config to BIN format

4.) Move the new BIN file to the folder \FFUR2006\BIN

5.) Replace old BIN file (copy first) with new BIN file

4.) Run FFUR 2006

Thunderbird said that ACU and MP configs will be released soon so if you can't wait for them learn how to do it yourself.

EDIT: I replaced the bus in FFUR check it out.

BEFORE AND AFTER

busoa2.th.jpg

newbusxt5.th.jpg

What bus is that.

Thanks Chipper. D/L now. Looks good, Much better than BIS Bus.

Do you want my config.bin? Unless you going to edit it your self.

Are there any FFUR-specific missions/campaigns? Would be nice to see some of the FFUR units in actions, but most third-party missions don't use the default entities, so no FFUR units.

I played the original missions/campaigns to death.

Try the excellent Retaliation campaign (don't have a linky, but a search in the User Missions forum should do the trick). It's an interpretation of the original CWC campaign from the Russian side. Great action, excellent voice overs and outstanding, original missions. It's made with stock BIS units, so it shouldn't conflict with FFUR. I remember playing it with FFUR 1985 and it was a blast... I assume it will be equally fun with FFUR 2006 smile_o.gif

Try the excellent Retaliation campaign (don't have a linky, but a search in the User Missions forum should do the trick). It's an interpretation of the original CWC campaign from the Russian side. Great action, excellent voice overs and outstanding, original missions. It's made with stock BIS units, so it shouldn't conflict with FFUR. I remember playing it with FFUR 1985 and it was a blast... I assume it will be equally fun with FFUR 2006 smile_o.gif

Quoted for truth thumbs-up.gif

Excellent campaign, albeit a rather hefty download. Worth it though

Ive got to say Ive played the retaliation campaign a while ago with FFUR2.0 and only came across afew problems, the first I noticed when during a routine trip the ai enemys engagment range was far superior then default ofp meaning that guys started engaging our jeep at around 1000+ through forrest. To solve these problems I had to revert back to default ofp and then again, save my progress and go back to FFUR again, problem solved smile_o.gif

Then it got to one point in FFUR when suddenly lag overcame the campaign and I couldnt even save my progress without crashing, I guess then again if you hit problems like this you can do the same as mentioned above.

Enjoy, its a fantastic campaign biggrin_o.gif

Ive been searching and i cant find FFUR CTI's. I know there is one cause i just saw a server up with the mod on... If anyone can give me a link or there where abouts of any missions dedicated to FFUR, or even some CTI's for FFUR that would be great. yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ive been searching and i cant find FFUR CTI's. I know there is one cause i just saw a server up with the mod on... If anyone can give me a link or there where abouts of any missions dedicated to FFUR, or even some CTI's for FFUR that would be great.

You sure it wasnt a normal CTI? A server could run the Mfcti addon and easily play the mission.

Theres no FFUR cti i know of atleast.

Yup positive, where it lists what mod the server is running it showed, FFUR; FFURCTI and the map being played FFUR CTI

Plus several CTI's when ran with FFUR just run the mission with the original BIS units, or the mission cannot be ran

Thi smight have been addressed on one of the previous pages here but I cant find it. wink_o.gif

I use the OFP Mod Launcher for all my mods and am terrified of running an .exe into my ofp directory...its nice and clean and I prefer to manually install mods. Anyways...I couldnt extract the exe with winrar so I installed it onto my desktop and copied the ffur2006 directory into my ofp directory. Using the mod launcher, the mod seems to work perfectly. What Im wondering is will I miss anything in the mod by doing it this way? I noticed there is an ,exe provided to launch the mod...Im not using it. Im going to begin a campaign and dont want to find out that this doesnt work widway through. Anyone tried this? So far it seems to work well. I did this with the FDF mod too..no problems.

If I install the FFUR2006 addons such as the replacement skies and textures into the FFUR firectory rather than my default OFP directory, will this work? The readme to the Islands Pack says to install into the default OFP directory and overwrite the original files. I would rather not overwrite my default textures but just use them when I play FFUR.

Ive been searching and i cant find FFUR CTI's. I know there is one cause i just saw a server up with the mod on... If anyone can give me a link or there where abouts of any missions dedicated to FFUR, or even some CTI's for FFUR that would be great. yay.gif

It's been explained countless times, that there's no such thing as an "FFUR mission".

You can play whatever mission you want, it's not a mod like FDF or SFP or WGL whivh require their own missions.

All it does is replace things, not require them.

Ive been searching and i cant find FFUR CTI's.  I know there is one cause i just saw a server up with the mod on... If anyone can give me a link or there where abouts of any missions dedicated to FFUR, or even some CTI's for FFUR that would be great. yay.gif

It's been explained countless times, that there's no such thing as an "FFUR mission".

You can play whatever mission you want, it's not a mod like FDF or SFP or WGL whivh require their own missions.

All it does is replace things, not require them.

First of all, Have you played a fully replaced CTI with FFUR that works on a Multiplayer server?

If you have please do tell me so i can get several peoples servers FFUR CTI capable

I've played all sorts of CTIs (MFCTI, crCTI, DVDCTI...) with FFUR in a LAN, but with the previous FFUR, not this latest release, so I'm sure this one will work.

Ya... Ive tried several different versions of CTIs while the FFUR 2.0 is on and either the mission crashes the server, or the map doesnt load. Im just tryin to find at least 1 CTI that does work with 2.0 on a MP server

I'm currently working on a working CTI for FFUR2006 on the KaoS-Squad server. I've almost finished it, although I've had to add about 5 addons and change alot of the MFCTI1.16 scripts to run it. Stay in tuned I'll have a working package and missions available very soon.

I am however leaving the server up on demand from FFUR fans as well as team mates. If you want to try it out yourself the links are available for the extra addons once you join the server, for the addons needed to run the mission.

There are several addons in the FFUR mod that are not dedicated server friendly, so making the CTI for this mod has been a very slow process. However I think I can have it completed and begin to make missions for other Islands by Sunday. Don't quote me on that but we're working hard to pull some really good CTI's out using this mod notworthy.gif