Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I have a solution for the grey brefing screen. Only delete your resource.cpp from your bin folder and you haven´t any grey screen.

But backup your resource.cpp.

Nice one mate! Is that permanent?

Guest Ti0n3r

I've noticed that you decreased the speed of most death animations. Why? huh.gif

Looks very unrealistic to me. "Don't fix what's not broken". ;P

I have a solution for the grey brefing screen. Only delete your resource.cpp from your bin folder and you haven´t any grey screen.

But backup your resource.cpp.

Nice one mate! Is that permanent?

yes it´s permanent since you add the resource.cpp back.

But you haven´t the FFUR start screen. Thats the only negativ thing.

You're sure? I've tested M1A2 vs T80 and it takes 2 shells to disable/destroy the T80. After that I tested M1A2 vs T90 and it takes at least 4 shells to disable and 5 to destroy it.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, I'm sure. Just check the config.cpp - both the T-80 and the T-90 have 700 hit points and 2.0 structural armour. It's a lot more accurate than just loading random 1 vs. 1 missions and seeing how many tank shots it takes to kill other tanks.

BTW, awesome M1A2 SEP. Didn't have a chance to thank you for it before, so I'll do it now.

EDIT: One more thing - it's NOT a bug, and I'm NOT b*tching. But the Russians using the Ka-52 is not exactly realistic, as this helo isn't even in service yet, and probably won't be for a while (if at all). The Mi-28 or Ka-50 would be much better choices.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

As was stated in the release forum, the death anims were causing CTD's and had to be changed.

1. The problem with some of the mounted machine guns loosing sound is an old ammo problem that ofp has had for a long time. For some reason mounted machine guns such as the one on the M113 when fired will somtimes bug out and give you infinate rounds. When this happens the sound cuts out from the weapon completely and this may be the cause for other mounted weapons to lose sound.

2. Grenade launchers do not leave smoke trails behind grenades, as stated previously I think.

3. All other sound problems that people are expirencing are probobly due to the fact that they didn't uninstall thier old version of FFUR2006 before installing v2.0

4. Yes I have found that FFUR Anim's are not 3rd party addon friendly. They will give off bad animations when standing in machine guns or other types of mounted weapons.

5. I haven't found any problems with the life bar. In fact I thought it was awsome when we were extracting from helicopters suppressed by fire and I was actually taking a small amount of dammage as the chopper got shot up, but not enough dammage to really be hurt. One we got on the ground I took one hit that gimped me at 25% loss of health. The second hit killed me. I don't think thats to unrealistic. At least I knew I was slightly injured as I was extracted.

Quote[/b] ]As was stated in the release forum, the death anims were causing CTD's and had to be changed.

The speed of the animations were changed becuase the previous way whcih was causing CTD's slowed the death animations for each animation.

Now the animations have been included via the anim.pbo directly and stops the CTD's however since then the speed of the animations looked too quick and look strange so they were slowed down.

However if you are using a different animation pack which wasnt the one in ffur the death animations will be the BIS ones and will be slower then the ffur ones since the ffur ones are much longer.

Is this pic showing that the Gunner anim has been fixed,or that this model is in FFUR 06 2.0.I am assuming it the anim.

22.jpg

Well i only got these 3 Hummers in my FFUR-2006-2.0 and there is no bugs in them at all??

nobug.jpg

It would also be nice if the cargo-doors on the Mi-24 would automaticly open when you hover low above the ground (activated by the same trigger as the landing gear for example). May be it's just me, but that would look very cool to me.

Some of us enjoy flying NOE (below 15m) and contour (below tree, buildings, other obstructions level) and so this automatic door opening script would be a nuissance and unnecessary.

Since there are no Hummers with a TOW system,it must be showing the gunner anim is fixed for Combat HMRS.

You're sure? I've tested M1A2 vs T80 and it takes 2 shells to disable/destroy the T80. After that I tested M1A2 vs T90 and it takes at least 4 shells to disable and 5 to destroy it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, I'm sure. Just check the config.cpp - both the T-80 and the T-90 have 700 hit points and 2.0 structural armour. It's a lot more accurate than just loading random 1 vs. 1 missions and seeing how many tank shots it takes to kill other tanks.

BTW, awesome M1A2 SEP. Didn't have a chance to thank you for it before, so I'll do it now.

EDIT: One more thing - it's NOT a bug, and I'm NOT b*tching. But the Russians using the Ka-52 is not exactly realistic, as this helo isn't even in service yet, and probably won't be for a while (if at all). The Mi-28 or Ka-50 would be much better choices.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

That's really strange. Just checked the editable config and the T-80 armor value is 400 and the T-90 armor value is 700.

But having a closer look T-80 has 2 armor values entries. crazy_o.gif Maybe that's causing some trouble, for me the 400 value seems to work ingame. I'll report to TB.

Is this a bug?

If iam commander of T tanks(T80,T55,T90...etc)commands arent working,I cant say "FORWARD,BACKWARD,FIRE and other things+If I disembark,my radio is disabled huh.gif

im probly wrong but still dosent the ka-52 have an ejector seat cos in real life wen sustained 2 mch dammage it blasts the rotor blades off and the pilots eject 2 safty but im not sure if dis is true or not.

in real life Ka-50/50SH/50N/52 has ejection seats, just like you wrote... probably they are disabled, to awoid more lag...

in real life Ka-50/50SH/50N/52 has ejection seats, just like you wrote... probably they are disabled, to awoid more lag...

and if i'm not mistaken KA52 has 2 pilots, in ffur ther is only one . .so I would say to my opinion it would be better to put Ka50 that has one pilot {I think - and if theres any ka50 addon  confused_o.gif }.

TB is there any chance to fix some of the mentioned bugs in a small patch & reduce the AI in the accuary level ? I mean those one shot headshot from 500m with AK is really buggin me . .[and please don't say "it makes the game more challnging because it dosn't, just make it freaking more harder for no reason, in realy life you can take out target from 500m only with DMS/SWS, or with a lucky shot crazy_o.gif }

i thought in real life soldiers were trained 2 get spot on shots from +500 meters

Another bug: Weapons that use the M9 (and presumably the Glock) magazine, evn if they are not actually M9s/Glock 17s, turn into M9s/Glock 17s. This is due to the use of modelspecial commands, so weapons that attempt to share magazines with the default handguns will turn into my models (which in some cases isn't a bad thing tounge2.gif).

i was jst flying ch-47 in ofp wen i heard a raf chinock come by and the sound was spot on n1 ffur

is it me or this new ffur 2006 2.0 release made more questions than gameplay? i think so...

guys, calm down... because i started to think that TB is a bit relaxing after hard work. TB, you deserve it.

P.S. Huge thanks to whole FFUR team, testers, millitary advisors and people who gave their ideas. You guys, made awesome job. I think we all own you at least thankfull words wink_o.gif

Hi,

The incoming module that should be released within a few days would include a patch that would fix several of the issues reported in the previous pages.

* AI aiming capabilities and dispersion values.

* Error message that occurs online.

* Mission editor minor issue.

* Cancellation of the health bar.

Concerning the animations issues a few people experienced with 'extra' addons, are simply due to the fact that these 'extra addons' are derived from 'BIS' vehicle classes so they have the same "driver, gunner and commander" animations, and we had to replace BIS animations values defined in the wanted 'vehicle' class by new ones that fit with the implemented vehicles, and actually the only way to figure out this issue is to get a look at the class your 'Extra model' is derived from and to copy and paste the 'manact ...' lines coming from the 'vehicle class' your addon derives from to your 'Extra model' class.

Quote[/b] ]and if i'm not mistaken KA52 has 2 pilots

Check it out once again, it has 2 pilots in game, but the fact that you get 1 pilot with the missions that use the 'v-80' is simply due to the fact that the 'v-80' has 1 pilot by default, heh.

As already said, I unfortunately can't answer everyone these days due to real life priorities, please try yourself to get the answers to your questions by carrying out some research.

Thank you.

Regards

Thunderbird84

is it me or this new ffur 2006 2.0 release made more questions than gameplay? i think so...

guys, calm down... because i started to think that TB is a bit relaxing after hard work. TB, you deserve it.

P.S. Huge thanks to whole FFUR team, testers, millitary advisors and people who gave their ideas. You guys, made awesome job. I think we all own you at least thankfull words  wink_o.gif oh yes and addon makers too (that croco Hind is fabulous whistle.gif , but other incorporated addons looks stunning as well wink_o.gif )

moderators/admins

delete my previous post, i made repost rofl.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

@thunderbird84

How about reverting back to the old BIS FOV values? I think most people prefer them. Just a thought smile_o.gif

Check it out once again, it has 2 pilots in game, but the fact that you get 1 pilot with the missions that use the 'v-80' is simply due to the fact that the 'v-80' has 1 pilot by default, heh.

Oh . .sry  sad_o.gif

and what is FOV ? if this is the armor value, i'm with ya !!! smile_o.gif